PDA

View Full Version : Timmy on a MAX contract or not?

Kaster
06-20-2005, 12:50 AM
First, congrats on the Game 5 win against Detroit. Laker fans have seen that Horry for years, so we feel your love. Congrats on your (soon to be) 3rd title.

Anyway, I'm having this debate with a guy about whether Tim took the MAX. Anyone know if he took the absolute MAX, or if he took a slight paycut? I could have sworn he took a small paycut on the contract he signed a couple years ago. Thanks for any help.

Manu20
06-20-2005, 12:51 AM
I think is a 7 year 122 million contract.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 12:55 AM
He took slightly less money by opting to re-up one year before he had to.

TwoHandJam
06-20-2005, 12:57 AM
First, congrats on the Game 5 win against Detroit. Laker fans have seen that Horry for years, so we feel your love. Congrats on your (soon to be) 3rd title.

Anyway, I'm having this debate with a guy about whether Tim took the MAX. Anyone know if he took the absolute MAX, or if he took a slight paycut? I could have sworn he took a small paycut on the contract he signed a couple years ago. Thanks for any help.
He took slightly less than the max by opting out of an extenstion and signing a new contract whereas he could have made more by extending his previous deal. (I think?)

I don't remember the details but he definitely took slightly less than he could have to help out the team. Although it was still a max deal, he could have made slightly more by opting (not opting?) out of his old deal. Can't remember which.

TwoHandJam
06-20-2005, 12:57 AM
He took slightly less money by opting to re-up one year before he had to.
That's it. Thanks Kori. My CBA is really rusty.

whottt
06-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Spurs fans have seen that Horry for years too...long before he was a Laker. In fact he never did that to us when he was the Lakers(although his D on Duncan was excellent)...he did it to us when he was with Houston.

Exactly 10 playoffs ago...

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
i think the most he couldve got was like kobes max contract but he took a paycut cose spurs were budgeting their cashflows see if they have enough cap space the followin season to resign gino n parker.

MONEY doesnt buy you rings, tell KG that, and sumone from the lakers is havin first year experience with a max contract

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 02:12 AM
Meanwhile, Shaq wants a raise on his $30 million/year contract . . .

:lol

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 03:41 AM
shaq is a wanker, he wanted a contract that = kg + duncans contract combined
biggest stooge in the nba. and his askin 90mill/3 years extention? go get a life man u are not what you are 3 seasons ago.

caŽlo
06-20-2005, 05:21 AM
Spurs fans have seen that Horry for years too...long before he was a Laker. In fact he never did that to us when he was the Lakers(although his D on Duncan was excellent)...he did it to us when he was with Houston.

Exactly 10 playoffs ago...

horry almost did that to us in 03. the shot just rimmed out.

grjr
06-20-2005, 06:21 AM
horry almost did that to us in 03. the shot just rimmed out.

Pretty much the exact same shot that rattled in this time instead of out. It had to hit nearly the same spot on the rim as in '03.