PDA

View Full Version : Argentinians...

Sense
06-20-2005, 12:50 AM
I know this is a non-spur or finals related topic, and even though we just won..

I just want to ask you what you thought of the Chivas VS Boca Jr. Game...

I'm sorry if this has been posted before....but I do remember someone laughing at Mexican soccer....

I just want to know what you guys think of this.

danyel
06-20-2005, 12:53 AM
That was an embarrasment... Not they way they lost, but the way they behaved.

Mexico is very good, they have improved a lot in the last years as a national team, they beat Brazil 1-0 today too.

Their national clubs league is very strong, gets a lot of very good players from everywhere...

They need to do big in a world cup to actually be comparable to the other big teams.

Sense
06-20-2005, 12:56 AM
That was an embarrasment... Not they way they lost, but the way they behaved.

Mexico is very good, they have improved a lot in the last years as a national team, they beat Brazil 1-0 today too.

Their national clubs league is very strong, gets a lot of very good players from everywhere...

They need to do big in a world cup to actually be comparable to the other big teams.

It should be an embarrassment... having fans throw things at the player and your own coach spitting at him is kind of embarrasing?

Heh anyways I think Mexico has already become one of the elite teams anyway you say it.

People can compare them up there because they have beaten the elite before and they showed they can do it alot..

Because of this you have to rank them on top.

danyel
06-20-2005, 12:59 AM
I believe the fact that they dont face a strong opposition in their world cup qualifications doesnt help them getting more recognition. Playing in the South American cup and Libertadores will only help them grow...

They haven't still won any mayor tournament yet, or produced a legendary team, but they might in the short term.

kolko
06-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I hated Chivas last week :cuss

But now I want them to be the champions over River :spin

Sense
06-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Heh...

Chivas and America in Mexico are like Sao Paulo and Boca Jr. in Argentina.

If I'm right..

danyel
06-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Sao Paulo is from Brazil actually.

There is a big rivalry between Boca and River, thats why most Boca fans now what Chivas to win the tournament over River...

Sense
06-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Sao Paulo is from Brazil actually.

There is a big rivalry between Boca and River, thats why most Boca fans now what Chivas to win the tournament over River...

Then I'm wrong it was River..

My bad I knew that was wrong..

mrpach
06-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Chivas will have a hard time winning, 6 players are in the national team, next game will be played with 6 rookies

TDMVPDPOY
06-20-2005, 01:20 AM
its like river plate n boca, even though i dont follow aperture league or south america football, its been a while ive looked at football, im more interested in players around the world and teams from europe.

Apparently that marques guy from mexico who plays for barcalona :D is damn good.

Sense
06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
its like river plate n boca, even though i dont follow aperture league or south america football, its been a while ive looked at football, im more interested in players around the world and teams from europe.

Apparently that marques guy from mexico who plays for barcalona :D is damn good.

Ronaldo isn't complaining...

BTW... what do you guys think about Ronaldo not playing with his national team?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2005, 01:54 AM
It should be an embarrassment... having fans throw things at the player and your own coach spitting at him is kind of embarrasing?

Heh anyways I think Mexico has already become one of the elite teams anyway you say it.

People can compare them up there because they have beaten the elite before and they showed they can do it alot..

Because of this you have to rank them on top.Hey, don't tell me you haven't got stupid fans over in Mexico 'cause that's just bullshit, every country has their less than admirable fans. Besides, the coach was fired, and the player reprimended. I'm a River fan, so I loved it when Chivas kicked Boca's ass.

Also I don't think you can rank Mexican soccer with the like of Germany, Brazil, Italy, England, Argentina. You simply are not as good. Perhaps if Mexico won a world cup or two, or maybe won a Copa America or two, but right now, Mexico hasn't done anything to merit being considered as one of the elite. Sorry.Ofcourse, Mexico COULD go on to prove me wrong, but its highly unlikely.

N.Y. Johnny
06-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Hey, don't tell me you haven't got stupid fans over in Mexico 'cause that's just bullshit, every country has their less than admirable fans. Besides, the coach was fired, and the player reprimended. I'm a River fan, so I loved it when Chivas kicked Boca's ass. Ofcourse, Mexico COULD go on to prove me wrong, but its highly unlikely.

Also I don't think you can rank Mexican soccer with the like of Germany, Brazil, Italy, England, Argentina. You simply are not as good. Perhaps if Mexico won a world cup or two, or maybe won a Copa America or two, but right now, Mexico hasn't done anything to merit being considered as one of the elite. Sorry.

Mexico overachieves alot I dunno for the life of my why they're always mentioned with the Likes of Argentina, Brazil, (who are the cream of South American Football...and this side of the world) and perennial European powers....My Italy pisses me off they Underachieve so damn much...they've got a roster of top Footballers in the world and can't ever get to the Finals :flipoff

danyel
06-20-2005, 02:19 AM
uh? they got to the 1994 WC finals, and the 2000 European Cup finals.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Mexico overachieves alot I dunno for the life of my why they're always mentioned with the Likes of Argentina, Brazil, (who are the cream of South American Football...and this side of the world) and perennial European powers....My Italy pisses me off they Underachieve so damn much...they've got a roster of top Footballers in the world and can't ever get to the Finals :flipoff
:rolleyes Italy has been World Cup champion 3 times, in 1934, 1938, 1982. I don't get how you can call Italy an underachiever. Plus the got to the finals in 1994 but lost to Brasil (no shame in that).

N.Y. Johnny
06-20-2005, 02:44 AM
christ Boys..i wasn't flaming them Whoa! :lol
I was wanting to say...because of shit management in the past, Italy has always like top players on the team that always seems to come up short by some bad fortunes or stupid luck, and bad management...I know they've won World Championships 3 times 1994 would have been the 4th had Baggio not sailed that penalty into the upper deck of the Rose Bowl :bang

They bring talented teams but come up short always and its frustrating for the Italian fans that want to recapture a moment of glory. Definitely they''re one of the elite squads from Europe and in the world but Shit, hopefully in my lifetime again they'll win a World Cup, I want to see that 4th star on the uniform :hat

They've come painfully close alot and i just feel with the talent they have they should do better.

simmer down boys..Hopefully someday our teams will meet in a WC final No?

by the way Congratulations on punching your ticket to Germany 2006 Argentina,
after Italia, Argentina is who i root for in the world tournaments so :tu

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2005, 02:53 AM
christ Boys..i wasn't flaming them Whoa! :lol
I was wanting to say...because of shit management in the past, Italy has always like top players on the team that always seems to come up short by some bad fortunes or stupid luck, and bad management...I know they've won World Championships 3 times 1994 would have been the 4th had Baggio not sailed that penalty into the upper deck of the Rose Bowl :bang

They bring talented teams but come up short always and its frustrating for the Italian fans that want to recapture a moment of glory. Definitely they''re one of the elite squads from Europe and in the world but Shit, hopefully in my lifetime again they'll win a World Cup, I want to see that 4th star on the uniform :hat

They've come painfully close alot and i just feel with the talent they have they should do better.

simmer down boys..Hopefully someday our teams will meet in a WC final No?

by the way Congratulations on punching your ticket to Germany 2006 Argentina,
after Italia, Argentina is who i root for in the world tournaments so :tu
Baggio missed that penalty because he was injured, otherwise it would have been a whole different ball game. Either way, I'm sure Italy will make its way to the top once again.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-20-2005, 03:54 AM
I know this is a non-spur or finals related topic, and even though we just won..

I just want to ask you what you thought of the Chivas VS Boca Jr. Game...

I'm sorry if this has been posted before....but I do remember someone laughing at Mexican soccer....

I just want to know what you guys think of this.

Two wins, that's what I think. I laughed a lot when Chivas beat Boca (I'm a River fan), but if Bautista and other Mexicans players had that kind of attitude in a possible final against River I would go AWOL as Boca did. But not if my team losses against Chivas, it's about respect, you can't wind up, talk trash and try to mock the rivals, specially if you haven't won what your rival already has (and numerous times).

No one was laughing at Mexican soccer in those threads you mention, at least not that I can remember. If I recall correctly, most of the Argentinians said that they believe that Mexico is a good country in terms of League, also good in the National Team ('tho not as good as the League), but they aren't as big or good as some people tend to believe.

I don't agree. To become an elite country in football you need in both Club and National team: silverware, history, tradition, international recognition, constant good results (not just a period of x years) in both, and a good present. Beating the elite teams is a good sign, but it's not enough. Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Turkey, USA, South Korea, they've all beaten elite teams, but that doesn't make them one.

Would you say that Greece became an elite nation because they won Euro 2004? Or Denmark back in 1992? Did Portugal become an elite nation because Porto won the 2004 Champions League?

In my point of view there are five elite nations in football:
Brazil
Argentina
Italy
Germany
France

Then there are some that are quite close, but need better results, specially at National team level:
Holland
Spain
England

And then there are those who are close to reach that second group:
Mexico
Colombia
Portugal

MaNuMaNiAc
06-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I think England should go up there with the elite

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2005, 10:55 AM

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=1001837

This should also be embarasing, don't you think?

Duff McCartney
06-26-2005, 11:28 AM
Me being mexican and my parents being huge soccer fans, I kinda got forced into being a Mexico fan during the world cup.

But I'd actually compare the Mexican team the Kings. They are the Sacramento Kings of the World Cup. They do good before the World Cup, but when it comes down to it, they can never get past the 2nd or 3rd round.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Me being mexican and my parents being huge soccer fans, I kinda got forced into being a Mexico fan during the world cup.

But I'd actually compare the Mexican team the Kings. They are the Sacramento Kings of the World Cup. They do good before the World Cup, but when it comes down to it, they can never get past the 2nd or 3rd round.
I once heard a mexican comentator talk about the Mexico performance of 98, and he said there was a saying that went "Jugamos como nunca, perdimos como siempre".

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Mexico just lost to Argentina in penalty shots for the Confederations Cup

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Manu is a River fan.
I hate River, my dad was a River fan growing up, and my grandfather bleeds Boca colors (yellow and blue). I remember when River fans were cheering when Boca lost in a big tournament (maybe Libertadores?) around 2 years ago, instead of cheering on Boca as another Argentinian club.

Why is it such a big rivalry?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Manu is a River fan.
I hate River, my dad was a River fan growing up, and my grandfather bleeds Boca colors (yellow and blue). I remember when River fans were cheering when Boca lost in a big tournament (maybe Libertadores?) around 2 years ago, instead of cheering on Boca as another Argentinian club.

Why is it such a big rivalry?
:lmao, if you have to ask then you're not a real Boca fan, I'm sorry! and Manu is an intelligent SOB THAT'S why he's a RIVER FAN!! River rules!

Sense
07-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Disregarding All of that ^...

I was watching the Chivas vs Real Madrid game last week.
I came to the conclusion, that when it comes to liguilla teams, we have to get deeper..

Chivas had a big chance of winning the game, even though they lost it 3-1.(if im right)

They went up 1-0 in the second half... they tied... had a chance to make it a 2-1...they didnt.

After starters went out, all hell broke lose in the last seconds.

Real Madrid is supposed to be the best team in the world...right?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Disregarding All of that ^...

I was watching the Chivas vs Real Madrid game last week.
I came to the conclusion, that when it comes to liguilla teams, we have to get deeper..

Chivas had a big chance of winning the game, even though they lost it 3-1.(if im right)

They went up 1-0 in the second half... they tied... had a chance to make it a 2-1...they didnt.

After starters went out, all hell broke lose in the last seconds.

It was a friendly. Some South Korean team beat Barcelona in a friendly last year, yet Barcelona went and won the Spanish League...damn...you like Mexican football? Good enjoy it, but don't try to force everyone else into it! just j/k :lol

alamo50
07-20-2005, 12:46 PM
In my point of view there are five elite nations in football:
Brazil
Argentina
Italy
Germany
France

Then there are some that are quite close, but need better results, specially at National team level:
Holland
Spain
England

And then there are those who are close to reach that second group:
Mexico
Colombia
Portugal

Holland, Spain and England are all better teams than Germany at this present time.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Holland, Spain and England are all better teams than Germany at this present time.

But you can't count the Germans out, look at 2002, they had a crap squad (the cureent one is even worse), but they made it into the final. It's like that Gary Lineker quote "Football is a simple game where 22 players play against each other and in the end, Germany wins". They never have huge stars or skillful players, but they are always there.

ALVAREZ6
07-20-2005, 01:15 PM
:lmao, if you have to ask then you're not a real Boca fan
I know I'm not...never said I was.

Sense
07-20-2005, 07:41 PM
It was a friendly. Some South Korean team beat Barcelona in a friendly last year, yet Barcelona went and won the Spanish League...damn...you like Mexican football? Good enjoy it, but don't try to force everyone else into it! just j/k :lol

I understand it was a friendly...but I'm thinking you didn't watch the game.

Don't think there aren't any Mexican posters on the forums....

MaNuMaNiAc
07-20-2005, 08:24 PM
No, its not supposed to be the best team in the world! not right now, I don't believe they're top 5 right now I think, even though they have the best players, they don't play like a team, much like team USA in the Olympics.