PDA

View Full Version : Trades I Would Like To See The Spurs Do

Duncan2177
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
James Anderson for Byron Mullens
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qwev86
Why Spurs do it.
James Anderson agent has requested a trade. I was hoping that he would turn out to be a good player and he still might but i dont think he will be with the Spurs after this year anyway. The Spurs also need some more big men. Mullens has started for the Bobcats for a couple of games this season and seemed to do ok during that time frame. He is a solid 7'er that is ok at blocking and can spread the floor. I think of him right now as a Channing Fry type of player. He wont be great this year but hopefully he could atleast get some pt and maybe could become a player in the future. The spurs would also save some money in the long run.
Why cats do it
They are the opposite of the Spurs. They have almost to many big men and not enough guards. The lack of guards is more because of injury (which their players are getting better) then true lack but the guards they have aren't that good and anderson should be able to make some time off the bench for them. If he turns out to be a good player he could play either wing position and would bring good size for the 2 guard.

Blair, RJ, Anderson for Fry, Lopez
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8ynvaur
Why Spurs do it.
They need some bigs and this would get them 14 ft of length. Fry is a 3 pt shooter but a better re-bounder and blocker then bonner. Ive heard his D isnt great but i think it too is better then bonner. Lopez is once again more of a True C Probably wouldnt work Great with Tiago but i feel he could be a good player but couldnt play with Gortat forcing him to play a lot of DNP-CD or small min. Fry is a few years younger then Bonner makes a little more but i think he is better. This would also save the spurs 3 mil in salries and another 3 in lux tax.
Why Suns do it.
They want to try and win now but also are looking to the future. They would get a younger SF then Hill who started out slow this year. They might also get a good SF as well as another young pf. They would lose a current starter but would gain 2. Fry also lost his starting spot to Morris eariler this year so i could easily see them moving him into the starting lineup then have RJ either start over hill or have him play 6th man. They would also get alot younger in this trade and add some depth at the more need swing spots.

RJ for Blatche
or RJ anderson blair for blatche Turiaf
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7lx2kks
Why spurs do it
Both of these trades work. If i was able to i would try and do the first trade as maybe we could trade anderson somewhere else for something of value or a pick. They would get another mobile big in blatch and get a more defense big in turiaf. They would get rid of anderson who wants out and also save some money in the process. would save more in a straight trade of anderson for blatche.

Why Wizz do it
Blatche seems to have fallen out of favor with the team. Even before his injury his minuets were decreasing. Turiaf hasn't played much of the season and I dont see anywhere that says he is injured. They have also not seemed to pleased with the SF position and RJ could help out with Vessely. Anderson would be another young player on their team while blair could help out the big situation.

Blair,RJ,Anderson for Amir, Kleiza, Alabi
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=76c3gly
Why spurs do it.
This would get them a couple of bigs and a SF they can play some pf. Alabi is a project and would go to the D league but he is another big that I think is better then what youll find in the D-league. Amir I think is better then blair and could play with pretty much anyone on the Spurs. Kleiza is a good sf to replace RJ but would be much easier to come off the bench then RJs big contract. Saves some Money this year but would cost more in the but would cost more in the 4th year. (i put yr 2-3 at even as you still would have to replace the player spot that Anderson would take.

Why raptors do it.
This would have been better for them in the beginning of the year as they needed a SF. They would get a young bit but they would also be giving up one in Johnson as well as a project in Alabi. They could possibly use the backup sg/sf spot the anderson would eb able to fill.

RJ Blair JA for Darko Randolph Toliver.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=76gu5ld
Why spurs do it.
Spurs need to get bigger. We would get 3 bigs toliver could play some SF but if we needed someone to do that i think we would call someone up from the D league. Would save us about 2 mil. Randolph has skill it just hasn't worked on any team so far. This is more of a risk/ build for the future trade more so then for this year but i think it could help this year as well.
Why Wolves do it.
None of the players mentioned have really worked well for them. Darko has lost his starting spot and i dont think they would have much problem giving up Toliver and Randolph as they could se the veteran of RJ and are still looking for a sg/SF.

RJ for Biedrins
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45fovqr
already been discussed by many in the forum.

JA for Whitside
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77b7gjv
Spurs
gives us another big (probably Project).
Kings
someone else for them to try at sg/sf since salmons hasnt worked for them.

Anderson, RJ for for Jackson/ Sanders
Why Spurs do it.
Jackson use to play for the spurs and had a couple good years here. He seemed to get along with most of the team and hopefully the change of venue would turn him back into a solid citizen and good team player. His contract is a year shorter then RJ's so that is also a help to the spurs. I've always like sanders and would love for the spurs to give him a try. looks to be more of a defensive big but hopefully with Duncan helping him he could get an offensive game. Once again this would also be getting rid of Anderson who wants to leave.

Why bucks do it.
They really could use another SF and RJ did good for them up there (but i dont think they want him back). They would get rd of jackson who wants out and they havent been using sanders much this year. His value seems to gone up recently with the injury to bogut and gooden.

Anderson for Cook and 1st rd pick
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jn3omw
We need a big they need a SG. Neither has done well this season. I would try and get evans if i could as i think he would be better. I think this might improve them more then us though.

Here are several trade if i was the Spurs I would look at. I tried to make them have some reason for the other team to take them or else there is no reason for the spurs to even try. Feel free to attack the trades make modifications or say which ones you like or think have no shot at happening. Its the all star break and the trade deadline is coming up so i wanted to see what might be out there for the Spurs.

Mal
02-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Anderson for Whiteside and 2nd round pick looks great and real.

My dream is to sign Turiaf/Diaw when they will be waived.

Ditty
02-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I think trading George Hill's TE for Hassan Whiteside for shot blocking rim protection could be a very underrated move, and possible, the only problem is that he is foul and injury prone but still young, but could be q nice piece to the future, and if its true that Diaw could get bought out by the trade deadline then that would be awesome to get him.

Darkwaters
02-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Wow, Hassan Whiteside is really bad. It's his second season and hes only played in 3 games - ever? Not sure how hes any better than Malcolm Thomas this year.

Darkwaters
02-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm not buying the Bobcats selling low on Mullens. They're not exactly going anywhere this season, why do they need to sacrifice a 7 footer on a cheap contract for an underachieving guard that will be available for minimum wage in a few months anyways? If they're looking for production this season they could probably call-up a D-Leaguer and get about the same production as Anderson would give them - without losing Byron.

letmk
02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
I just had a wild thought, could the package around RJ, Blair, JA and others for KG work? He is in his final year contract, right? If it's not working, we still have the cap space coming the summer.

Buddy Holly
02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Wow, Hassan Whiteside is really bad. It's his second season and hes only played in 3 games - ever? Not sure how hes any better than Malcolm Thomas this year.

Are you basing his being bad on actual game play you've seen or because you looked up his stats on google and saw he's only played three games?

How many games did Lin play before he got a shot? Basing off not playing is a pretty piss poor way to evaluate talent.

Hoops Czar
02-27-2012, 05:38 PM
At the trade deadline, I swear this forum can read like a spastic colon. Why does every Spurs fan think their junk is everybody else's treasure? For the few that are just too thick to understand common sense, Rj is NOT going anywhere. There is two sides to every trade and the 29 other teams aren't out to make the Spurs look good. JA's value is the equivalent of a second round draft pick. The Spurs have zero tradeable assets outside of Blair, and he won't net much in return based on his longterm injury concern. But feel free to pipedream.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
At the trade deadline, I swear this forum can read like a spastic colon. Why does every Spurs fan think their junk is everybody else's treasure? For the few that are just too thick to understand common sense, Rj is NOT going anywhere. There is two sides to every trade and the 29 other teams aren't out to make the Spurs look good. JA's value is the equivalent of a second round draft pick. The Spurs have zero tradeable assets outside of Blair, and he won't net much in return based on his longterm injury concern. But feel free to pipedream.
^^^^
Agreed. Jefferson isn't going anywhere. The only ones with some value that should be thrown into trade possibilities are Blair, Anderson, and Joseph.

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Mullens Trade is the only realistic trade that could actaully improve the Spurs a little.

Finally gives the frontline some real size and allows for splitter to hopefully move to the starting linup by the playoffs.

acoelho1
02-27-2012, 10:08 PM
There are a lot of bad GMs out there so I wouldn't be so sure that no one would take a package involving RJ. As far as your trade scenarios, I would love to steal away R. Lopez. I think he is vastly underrated and since the Sun's have Gortat in the fold, I don't expect him to resign with them.

spurtech09
02-27-2012, 10:25 PM
spurs just need to sign a decent big to have some depth...but I doubt that will happen

Sense
02-27-2012, 10:40 PM
:lol what the fuck is this shit.

MaNu4Tres
02-27-2012, 10:47 PM
James Anderson for Byron Mullens
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qwev86
Why Spurs do it.
James Anderson agent has requested a trade. I was hoping that he would turn out to be a good player and he still might but i dont think he will be with the Spurs after this year anyway. The Spurs also need some more big men. Mullens has started for the Bobcats for a couple of games this season and seemed to do ok during that time frame. He is a solid 7'er that is ok at blocking and can spread the floor. I think of him right now as a Channing Fry type of player. He wont be great this year but hopefully he could atleast get some pt and maybe could become a player in the future. The spurs would also save some money in the long run.
Why cats do it
They are the opposite of the Spurs. They have almost to many big men and not enough guards. The lack of guards is more because of injury (which their players are getting better) then true lack but the guards they have aren't that good and anderson should be able to make some time off the bench for them. If he turns out to be a good player he could play either wing position and would bring good size for the 2 guard.

Blair, RJ, Anderson for Fry, Lopez
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8ynvaur
Why Spurs do it.
They need some bigs and this would get them 14 ft of length. Fry is a 3 pt shooter but a better re-bounder and blocker then bonner. Ive heard his D isnt great but i think it too is better then bonner. Lopez is once again more of a True C Probably wouldnt work Great with Tiago but i feel he could be a good player but couldnt play with Gortat forcing him to play a lot of DNP-CD or small min. Fry is a few years younger then Bonner makes a little more but i think he is better. This would also save the spurs 3 mil in salries and another 3 in lux tax.
Why Suns do it.
They want to try and win now but also are looking to the future. They would get a younger SF then Hill who started out slow this year. They might also get a good SF as well as another young pf. They would lose a current starter but would gain 2. Fry also lost his starting spot to Morris eariler this year so i could easily see them moving him into the starting lineup then have RJ either start over hill or have him play 6th man. They would also get alot younger in this trade and add some depth at the more need swing spots.

RJ for Blatche
or RJ anderson blair for blatche Turiaf
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7lx2kks
Why spurs do it
Both of these trades work. If i was able to i would try and do the first trade as maybe we could trade anderson somewhere else for something of value or a pick. They would get another mobile big in blatch and get a more defense big in turiaf. They would get rid of anderson who wants out and also save some money in the process. would save more in a straight trade of anderson for blatche.

Why Wizz do it
Blatche seems to have fallen out of favor with the team. Even before his injury his minuets were decreasing. Turiaf hasn't played much of the season and I dont see anywhere that says he is injured. They have also not seemed to pleased with the SF position and RJ could help out with Vessely. Anderson would be another young player on their team while blair could help out the big situation.

Blair,RJ,Anderson for Amir, Kleiza, Alabi
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=76c3gly
Why spurs do it.
This would get them a couple of bigs and a SF they can play some pf. Alabi is a project and would go to the D league but he is another big that I think is better then what youll find in the D-league. Amir I think is better then blair and could play with pretty much anyone on the Spurs. Kleiza is a good sf to replace RJ but would be much easier to come off the bench then RJs big contract. Saves some Money this year but would cost more in the but would cost more in the 4th year. (i put yr 2-3 at even as you still would have to replace the player spot that Anderson would take.

Why raptors do it.
This would have been better for them in the beginning of the year as they needed a SF. They would get a young bit but they would also be giving up one in Johnson as well as a project in Alabi. They could possibly use the backup sg/sf spot the anderson would eb able to fill.

RJ Blair JA for Darko Randolph Toliver.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=76gu5ld
Why spurs do it.
Spurs need to get bigger. We would get 3 bigs toliver could play some SF but if we needed someone to do that i think we would call someone up from the D league. Would save us about 2 mil. Randolph has skill it just hasn't worked on any team so far. This is more of a risk/ build for the future trade more so then for this year but i think it could help this year as well.
Why Wolves do it.
None of the players mentioned have really worked well for them. Darko has lost his starting spot and i dont think they would have much problem giving up Toliver and Randolph as they could se the veteran of RJ and are still looking for a sg/SF.

RJ for Biedrins
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=45fovqr
already been discussed by many in the forum.

JA for Whitside
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=77b7gjv
Spurs
gives us another big (probably Project).
Kings
someone else for them to try at sg/sf since salmons hasnt worked for them.

Anderson, RJ for for Jackson/ Sanders
Why Spurs do it.
Jackson use to play for the spurs and had a couple good years here. He seemed to get along with most of the team and hopefully the change of venue would turn him back into a solid citizen and good team player. His contract is a year shorter then RJ's so that is also a help to the spurs. I've always like sanders and would love for the spurs to give him a try. looks to be more of a defensive big but hopefully with Duncan helping him he could get an offensive game. Once again this would also be getting rid of Anderson who wants to leave.

Why bucks do it.
They really could use another SF and RJ did good for them up there (but i dont think they want him back). They would get rd of jackson who wants out and they havent been using sanders much this year. His value seems to gone up recently with the injury to bogut and gooden.

Anderson for Cook and 1st rd pick
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7jn3omw
We need a big they need a SG. Neither has done well this season. I would try and get evans if i could as i think he would be better. I think this might improve them more then us though.

Here are several trade if i was the Spurs I would look at. I tried to make them have some reason for the other team to take them or else there is no reason for the spurs to even try. Feel free to attack the trades make modifications or say which ones you like or think have no shot at happening. Its the all star break and the trade deadline is coming up so i wanted to see what might be out there for the Spurs.

1. Bobcats say no.

2. Suns say no.

3. Spurs say no.

4. Raptors say no.

5. T-Wolves say no.

6. Spurs say no.

7. Possible but in the end Kings say no.

9. Spurs and Bucks say no.

10. Clippers say no.

sasffl
02-28-2012, 12:57 AM
I like the spurs-bucks trade. But now can't do it

Mal
02-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Mullens Trade is the only realistic trade that could actaully improve the Spurs a little.

How the hell is that even possible. And I am not talking about the trade.

Fireball
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
At the trade deadline, I swear this forum can read like a spastic colon. Why does every Spurs fan think their junk is everybody else's treasure?

I do hate nothing more than "possible trade" threads, but its what fans do ... they dream of how to make their team better. I would be surprised if forums of other NBA teams did not have the same threads as well.

After this, I agree with RJ staying here ...

Darkwaters
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Are you basing his being bad on actual game play you've seen or because you looked up his stats on google and saw he's only played three games?

How many games did Lin play before he got a shot? Basing off not playing is a pretty piss poor way to evaluate talent.

Dude, hes played in 3 games in two years. This isn't Darko riding the bench for the Championship Pistons either. This is the 11-22 Sacto Kings.

The fact is that is that the guy is either totally raw or hurt - either of which is not helpful to us this season. Otherwise the Kings would have found time for him to at least make an appearance once in a while. Don't say I'm doing piss poor analysis if you can't see something as obvious as that.

And to answer your questions: Jeremy Lin played in 29 games for the Golden State Warriors "before he got his shot". And thats in ONE season.

Ditty
02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Dude, hes played in 3 games in two years. This isn't Darko riding the bench for the Championship Pistons either. This is the 11-22 Sacto Kings.

The fact is that is that the guy is either totally raw or hurt - either of which is not helpful to us this season. Otherwise the Kings would have found time for him to at least make an appearance once in a while. Don't say I'm doing piss poor analysis if you can't see something as obvious as that.

And to answer your questions: Jeremy Lin played in 29 games for the Golden State Warriors "before he got his shot". And thats in ONE season.

He does play behind Cousins,Hayes,Thompson, and Hickson all of them are solid players, and better than Whiteside. I don't know too much of Whiteside's situation right now, but he seems healthy now and was recalled by the Kings earlier this month but has yet to play. He was drafted last year with the first couple of picks of the 2nd round, and has alot of pontential to be like a Deandre Jordan, Tyson Chandler type of player. Garbage buckets, and just a presence in the paint being a great shot blocker. Spurs could really develop and need him more then Sacremento can, and for cheap also, and still young.

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
How the hell is that even possible. And I am not talking about the trade.
Mullens is 7'0 275 lbs and is haveing his best year statistically. not going to be like adding an allstar but he sure is hell better than whats available in free agency right now.

Darkwaters
02-28-2012, 01:01 PM
He does play behind Cousins,Hayes,Thompson, and Hickson all of them are solid players, and better than Whiteside. I don't know too much of Whiteside's situation right now, but he seems healthy now and was recalled by the Kings earlier this month but has yet to play. He was drafted last year with the first couple of picks of the 2nd round, and has alot of pontential to be like a Deandre Jordan, Tyson Chandler type of player. Garbage buckets, and just a presence in the paint being a great shot blocker. Spurs could really develop and need him more then Sacremento can, and for cheap also, and still young.

Whiteside has potential but hes raw and has attitude/maturity issues. At least he did when he came out last year.

The main point is that with only 3 games under his belt we have absolutely no idea what he'll contribute if given regular minutes in the bigs. I find it hard to believe that he'll be the one that puts us over the top when hes basically a rookie with zero experience.

Darkwaters
02-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Mullens is 7'0 275 lbs and is haveing his best year statistically. not going to be like adding an allstar but he sure is hell better than whats available in free agency right now.

Which begs the question - why would the Bobcats trade him for scraps if hes doing so well?

Paranoid Pop
02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Which begs the question - why would the Bobcats trade him for scraps if hes doing so well?

Yeah the Bobcats want to get rid of Diaw not Mullens.

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-28-2012, 03:59 PM
im just saying its the only realistic trade on this thread. hell throw in blair or a 2nd round pick or 2. spurs can give back the bobcats 2nd rounder from the Ratliff trade.

Darkwaters
02-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I like the Mullens idea. I really do. He looks goofy as hell, but I'd like to have him on my team. I just don't think the Bobcats are buying what we're selling.

Besides, that second rounder is a 2016 protected pick. It's probably like top 59 protected (meaning, the only way we could ever redeem it is if the Bobcats has the best record in the NBA in 2016). So even thats a rather moot point.