PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in Tayshaun Prince?

spurbyheart
02-28-2012, 01:40 AM
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981147631
I know the Spurs are not known for these kind of trades but this would be nice.. upgrade from the Dick and his red rocket friend..:lobt2:

Reck
02-28-2012, 01:43 AM
What would we give up in return though?

Robz4000
02-28-2012, 01:46 AM
LOL 2 of these? Must be just rumors...:depressed

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 01:51 AM
By the same Author who says Dwight Howard to Philadelphia. This isn't a rumor, its suggestive thought.

spurbyheart
02-28-2012, 01:55 AM
All rumors have some truth maybe the spurs are looking..

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 02:58 AM

The Spurs front office is in " look, but don't touch " mode. They are always looking for ways to improve the team but because of Rj's contract and Buford's slow trigger finger, the Spurs FO is stuck in neutral.

benefactor
02-28-2012, 06:32 AM
:lol

TE
02-28-2012, 07:15 AM
NBA Trade Rumors – Raymond Felton Too Fat to Help LA Lakers? (http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981144454)

:lmao

DarkGinobili
02-28-2012, 10:15 AM
NBA Trade Rumors – Raymond Felton Too Fat to Help LA Lakers? (http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981144454)

LOL:lol

TimmehC
02-28-2012, 11:33 AM

best. rumor. ever.

yavozerb
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
The Spurs front office is in " look, but don't touch " mode. They are always looking for ways to improve the team but because of Rj's contract and Buford's slow trigger finger, the Spurs FO is stuck in neutral.

:lol, one of the best (if not the best) FO's in the NBA and people still complain...

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
:lol, one of the best (if not the best) FO's in the NBA and people still complain...

Trading Scola to a division rival because your to cheap to pay the buyout; picking up Marcus Haislip just for Pop's amusement; not resigning Stephen Jackson when they had a chance; letting Mahimni walk away into the hands of a hated division rival; trading for blockhead Jefferson; and probably the most unforgiving move of all was having the opportunity to amnesty Rj's ass in the offseason, instead, deciding to hang onto for another season. While I can forgive most of them, not booting RJ when he had the chance is unforgiveable and I don't really have a whole lot of sympathy for those who can't help themselves. Hell, it wouldn't have surprised me if Holt was the single biggest reason why there is an amnesty clause in the first place. If the Spurs fail to win a championship this year, you can look back at Buford's indecisiveness as a reason why.

cd98
02-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Absolutely no reason we would want Tayshaun Prince. None.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-28-2012, 04:11 PM
he's better than RJ on both ends of the court, he's a smart player (aside from a FG% which should be higher) and a good team-mate, he knows what it takes to win a ring, he provides length... I'd take him.

MR.SILVER&BLack
02-28-2012, 04:22 PM
looking on the espn trade machine & only deal i can come up with involves taking on Villanueva contract Which is just not worth it. of course their are other deals but Prince is not worth giving up kawhi, neal, or splitter.

lmbebo
02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Article sucks. Don't think its real. Only a decent deal if RJ is involved. Don't see that happening though.

GSH
02-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Really?

There's a rumor that Oprah Winfrey was the model for Mrs. Butterworths bottles.
There's a rumor that Yao Ming was actually Siamese twins connected ass to head.
There's a rumor that Mike D'Antoni keeps his mom in a glass coffin in the basement.

Okay, there's obviously some truth to all of those. But some rumors are just made up.

BackHome
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Trading Scola to a division rival because your to cheap to pay the buyout; picking up Marcus Haislip just for Pop's amusement; not resigning Stephen Jackson when they had a chance; letting Mahimni walk away into the hands of a hated division rival; trading for blockhead Jefferson; and probably the most unforgiving move of all was having the opportunity to amnesty Rj's ass in the offseason, instead, deciding to hang onto for another season. While I can forgive most of them, not booting RJ when he had the chance is unforgiveable and I don't really have a whole lot of sympathy for those who can't help themselves. Hell, it wouldn't have surprised me if Holt was the single biggest reason why there is an amnesty clause in the first place. If the Spurs fail to win a championship this year, you can look back at Buford's indecisiveness as a reason why.

Trading Scola just plain STUPID..
SJ..well he was a head case so I am ok with that move.
Signing RJ was just plain STUPID
Drafting Cory Joseph in the first round just plain Stupid.

Kindergarten Cop
02-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Drafting Cory Joseph in the first round just plain Stupid.

This has been discussed in other threads ... but who would you have rather the Spurs drafted that would have made an impact this year?

Wild Cobra Kai
02-28-2012, 09:32 PM

You add that all up, it's like ONE YEAR for a team with a bad front office. It's like EACH YEAR for the last ten for the Knicks.

freedom&justice
02-28-2012, 10:10 PM

Seriously. Speaking as a Pistons fan, I'd tell the Spurs FO to keep far, far, FAR away from Tayshaun Prince. I highly doubt there's any interest from the Spurs, and though I'd trade Tay for a bag of peanuts if I could, the Spurs are a good franchise and don't deserve the isolation-loving, non-rebounding, non-passing 5th best player on a team that starts a rookie PG, a second year center, a bull in a china shop two guard, and an overpaid PF alongside him. Pop could probably get him to play better on a much better team, but that's not going to stop him from getting burned to a crisp by every halfway decent SG/SF in the league. Y'all are better off with RJ.

Russ
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Y'all are better off with RJ.

That pretty much says it all.

tuncaboylu
02-29-2012, 01:33 AM

Foolish post and don't agree none of the abve except Scola.
Letting Mahinmi go is not a wrong move since he didn't prove anything here.
Letting Stephen Jackson go is not a wrong move since we couldn't resign with Parker or Manu if Jackson was on our books.
Trading RJ wasn't a wrong move when it was done, he's taken without giving no key player.
Not using amnesty on RJ was not a wrong move, since no free-agent SF (Caron Butler, Josh Howard etc.)decided to sign with us. Using amnesty is meaningless in that case since you couldn't find a replacement and continue to pay his salary after amnesty.

Budkin
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Spurs interested in David Robinson circa 1991

jgome21
02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Eh, I rather keep RJ than Tayshaun at this point. RJ knows the offense and is shooting the 3-ball effectively right now. Prob shooting the trey better than he ever has in his career right now. Tayshaun is on the downside of his career also. No point making this move. Also, usually where there are rumors regarding the Spurs, they usually never happen anyways.

K-State Spur
02-29-2012, 10:45 AM
For future reference:

Sites like Gather & Bleacher Report - ANYBODY can post articles to. Qualified individuals need not apply.

Has no more credence than a random post on the NBA board here.

GSH
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
For future reference:

Sites like Gather & Bleacher Report - ANYBODY can post articles to. Qualified individuals need not apply.

Has no more credence than a random post on the NBA board here.

But... but... does that mean that not every rumor has some truth in it? Because I was really counting on us getting Dwight Howard in exchange for Bonner and a six-pack.

I think it's possible. I once bought a Corvette for 500 bucks because some guy had died inside it. But I fell asleep in it and when I woke up, somebody had harvested my kidneys. Really.

Agloco
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Would you consider it if it meant getting rid of RJ?

I Heart Ginobili
02-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Ahhh the annual "Spurs interested in Prince" rumor.

Anonymous Cowherd
02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Ahhh the annual "Spurs interested in Prince" rumor.

http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/kevin_prince_boateng_2008_633624626634531250.jpg