PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James ain't dunking for free, wants $1 million to compete in dunk contest

BRHornet45
02-28-2012, 11:41 AM
LeBron James Says He Would Participate In Slam Dunk Contest For $1 Million

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/27/lebron-james-says-he-would-participate-in-slam-dunk-contest-for-1-million/?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp

Ginobilly
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
LeBron James Says He Would Participate In Slam Dunk Contest For $1 Million

http://tracking.si.com/2012/02/27/lebron-james-says-he-would-participate-in-slam-dunk-contest-for-1-million/?sct=hp_t2_a14&eref=sihp

And donate the money to a charity:cry:cry He's doing it for the kids!

BanditHiro
02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
And donate the money to a charity:cry:cry He's doing it for the kids!

tbh he probably would. he just does not want to do it and he probably thought asking for a mil would stop the talking but once again he has said something that is going to backfire in his face.

BRHornet45
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
tbh he probably would. he just does not want to do it and he probably thought asking for a mil would stop the talking but once again he has said something that is going to backfire in his face.

son I wonder how much money he wants to take the final shot to try and tie an All Star game? he obviously wasn't interested in doing that for free either. dude is scared of failing so he doesn't even try anymore.

DisAsTerBot
02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
just fucking do it! That's what people want to see you do. Not passing the ball with a chance to tie at the end of the game.

Reck
02-28-2012, 12:33 PM
This is what's missing. I dont blame Lebron for wanting money to do it.

Put a prize tag on teh dunk contest and all the stars will filed up to do it.

Ain't shit for free fellas.

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 01:02 PM
He said earlier this year, he was open to entering this year, and guess what, it never happened. One million dollars probably wouldn't be enough to get him off his high horse.

pass1st
02-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Son, LBJ is afraid he would lose even though he is probably the best dunker in the league

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Thread title's a little misleading, like he said he wanted the money up front in order to compete. Would probably help bring a little star power back to the competition but would turn off plenty of people as well. The fact that Jordan and Wilkins did it for free in there day will only highlight how things have changed for fans that grew up watching those guys. Obviously the money would have to go to charity, but does that equate to a million dollar write off for the winner? Any CPA's in the house?

hater
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
despicable human being

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
son I wonder how much money he wants to take the final shot to try and tie an All Star game? he obviously wasn't interested in doing that for free either. dude is scared of failing so he doesn't even try anymore.

I just wanna know how Eric Gordon did in the ASG...:lol Hornets mad representin

Fabbs
02-28-2012, 01:35 PM
All the money made by advertizers and you biznitches are complaining because Bron wants some of it to flo to a charity.

thispego
02-28-2012, 01:36 PM
This is what's missing. I dont blame Lebron for wanting money to do it.

Put a prize tag on teh dunk contest and all the stars will filed up to do it.

Ain't shit for free fellas.

Fabbs
02-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Thread title's a little misleading, like he said he wanted the money up front in order to compete. Would probably help bring a little star power back to the competition but would turn off plenty of people as well. The fact that Jordan and Wilkins did it for free in there day will only highlight how things have changed for fans that grew up watching those guys. Obviously the money would have to go to charity, but does that equate to a million dollar write off for the winner? Any CPA's in the house?
Yeah Nike didn't hype the one dunk up at all. :rolleyes

When confronted about the slave shops that built Nikes (still do probably) Jordan was cold as hell.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 01:43 PM

x2

Yeah, it's "fashionable" to make fun of LeBron for everything now...but there is w/o a doubt a lot of truth to both those statements. First, I don't blame him for demanding a paycheck for his services cause that's just a good business decision...but he obviously is scared to death of the whole world watching him with a basketball in his hands.

He's an amazing talent and has a supporting cast that in all likelihood will run through the playoffs unscathed--but he is unequivocally the most mentally weak player of our generation.

Homeboy's been in the league almost a decade now and he still has stagefright.:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 01:46 PM
When confronted about the slave shops that built Nikes (still do probably) Jordan was cold as hell.

Were those shops in America?

Then wgaf.

Juggity
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Lebron slams hard when he slams, but I don't think he's creative enough to win the contest. Then again, this year he wouldn't have even had to be creative to win. He just would've had to participate.

BRHornet45
02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
sons this is who NBA stars are nowadays and the future is looking worse. they are more concerned with being in a Drake music video than they are winning games on the court.

hehateme
02-28-2012, 02:22 PM
How bout just entering for the fans who help pay his overpaid crybaby ass

redzero
02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
despicable human being

:lol yes, LeBron is truly the scum of the earth. This is completely heinous.

Trill Clinton
02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm not mad at Lebron's hustle at all. If the league agrees to pay a mil to charity, cool. Only problem is the shit still might suck. I don't want to see a slam dunk contest if its just lebron and some 1st and 2nd year bench warmers.

BRHornet45
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm not mad at Lebron's hustle at all. If the league agrees to pay a mil to charity, cool. Only problem is the shit still might suck. I don't want to see a slam dunk contest if its just lebron and some 1st and 2nd year bench warmers.

it shows his ignorance and the lack of respect that he has for the amount of money he is blessed to "earn". star athletes like LeBron don't have respect or care about money because they have always had it. everything has been handed to him on a silver platter simply because he can dribble and shoot a basketball better than most people on the planet.

if the NBA and MLB as well have taught us anything its that guaranteed contracts for millions of dollars does absolutely nothing but make the players lazier once they get it. all the lolly gagging around on the court, half ass playing defense (or jogging to first base in baseball) could be avoided if the players actually had to earn their money thru performance incentives instead of being guaranteed all of it regardless if they give 100% or not. the LAST thing they need to do is offer more money to these thugs.

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Lebron will only enter a contest if it was rigged for him to win. One million dollars means nothing to Lebron. If the contest is stuffed with stars, and theres a chance he could lose, count Lebron out.

Trill Clinton
02-28-2012, 02:41 PM
it shows his ignorance and the lack of respect that he has for the amount of money he is blessed to "earn". star athletes like LeBron don't have respect or care about money because they have always had it. everything has been handed to him on a silver platter simply because he can dribble and shoot a basketball better than most people on the planet.

if the NBA and MLB as well have taught us anything its that guaranteed contracts for millions of dollars does absolutely nothing but make the players lazier once they get it. all the lolly gagging around on the court, half ass playing defense (or jogging to first base in baseball) could be avoided if the players actually had to earn their money thru performance incentives instead of being guaranteed all of it regardless if they give 100% or not. the LAST thing they need to do is offer more money to these thugs.

I agree that the NBA needs to have non guaranteed contracts.

Trill Clinton
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Lebron will only enter a contest if it was rigged for him to win. One million dollars means nothing to Lebron. If the contest is stuffed with stars, and theres a chance he could lose, count Lebron out.

at this point i'd be happy if they can get some AND1 players or people off the street who can do some amazing shit to come in and spice things up.

dirk4mvp
02-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Lebron slams hard when he slams, but I don't think he's creative enough to win the contest. Then again, this year he wouldn't have even had to be creative to win. He just would've had to participate.

tbh I agree. Idk why people think he would be an amazing dunk contest dunker just because he dunks so hard. He did the same 3 or 4 dunks basically in the mcdonald's dunk contest. Somebody like Iggy would destroy him, imo.

but he wouldn't really have any competition going up against people like Jeremy Evans and the blonde kid that played Happy Gilmore's caddy.

DMC
02-28-2012, 04:50 PM
lol slave shops. Go tell them they cannot work there because the good people of America are protecting them from the awful conditions. See if you make it out alive.

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2012, 05:47 PM
but this years comp is judge by the public, imagine if lebron gets on votes, yet the nba somehow fixes it for him to win it

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Lebron wins the dunk contest: "it was rigged anyways, he was going to win no matter what, his competition was weak, this was shitty and wasn't creative"..

Lebron loses: ":lol Lebron chokes again, :lol Lebron is outdunked by some no-names, etc"..

Lebron doesn't enter: ":lol he's scared, why doesn't he do it for us?:(, etc"..

There's absolutely no logical reason for Lebron to enter the dunk contest, unless the NBA puts up a heavy amount of $ for charitable purposes(knowing Lebron as the league's premier philanthropist, at the moment)..he has nothing to gain from entering the dunk contest..

Anybody that thinks it will "help his image" or "regain some fans" is an idiot, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
:lol All you haters have to go back to your normal lives, after you finish posting about Lebron, your few minutes of euphoria..

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 06:01 PM
:lol All you haters have to go back to your normal lives, after you finish posting about Lebron, your few minutes of euphoria..

:lolthat includes you

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm not a hater, especially not an illogical, blind hater like the anti-Lebrons..

I'm always happy for people that have worked to earn successful, luxurious lives, unless they are rapists, murderers, etc..

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 06:07 PM
When you're done posting about your love of Bron, you too have to go back to your normal life in Sugar Hill sippin' a 40 on the stoop

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Ya, I understood the joke the first time, it doesn't make any sense in the context that I used, tbh..

Taking joy in watching a philanthropist's failures in basketball is unhealthy IMO..

Being happy for others, and happy in general, such as people like myself and DPG, leads to a healthy and happy life, tbh..whereas hating on good people and obsessing over their failures is psychologically troubling IMO..

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 06:11 PM
You originally posted it w/o the "haters" part or the "few minutes of euphoria" add-on, but quick edited it. It'll be our little secret though.

HarlemHeat37
02-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Maybe, I don't remember..

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Maybe, I don't remember..

:lolI'm finally getting into the NBA season, so I'm obligated to hate you now.

We cool scro...

Kindergarten Cop
02-28-2012, 06:18 PM
lebron wins the dunk contest: "it was rigged anyways, he was going to win no matter what, his competition was weak, this was shitty and wasn't creative"..

Lebron loses: ":lol lebron chokes again, :lol lebron is outdunked by some no-names, etc"..

Lebron doesn't enter: ":lol he's scared, why doesn't he do it for us?:(, etc"..

There's absolutely no logical reason for lebron to enter the dunk contest, unless the nba puts up a heavy amount of $ for charitable purposes(knowing lebron as the league's premier philanthropist, at the moment)..he has nothing to gain from entering the dunk contest..

Anybody that thinks it will "help his image" or "regain some fans" is an idiot, tbh..

+1000

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm not a hater, especially not an illogical, blind hater like the anti-Lebrons..

I'm always happy for people that have worked to earn successful, luxurious lives, unless they are rapists, murderers, etc..

Quit with the dog and pony show Harlem. Of course your not a hater, your head is so far up Lebron's ass, you can't see shit for brains. No offense to you Harlem, outside of you, ESPN and a small portion of Florida, the world sees him as a bumbling idiot.

. :lol Sitting in the press box of a Yankee game needing a body guard to hold the phone up to his head so he can talk because he's too important to hold the receiver.

- :lol Getting slammed on in basketball camp and having security confiscate all the video tapes

- :lol Game 6 ECF's Cleveland vs Orlando, storming of the court without shaking anyone's hand; poor sportsmanship.

- :lol Two straight epic postseason collapses.

-:lol The Decision

-:lol Cartoons and Milk? Let's blame it on Lebron. It's not his fault.

And I could go on and on. But yeah Harlem, he makes a lot of money so there's a lot to like.

Btw, I just noticed the rapist part. I guess that eliminates Kobe...... how convenient.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 06:46 PM
At the end of the day all those off-the-court things don't matter. Just win, and the public will forgive you. His best playoff moment was 5 years ago in Detroit, and he's been in his prime for awhile now.

If he just mans up in the clutch and wins rings then even his staunchest of haters will have to shut up. If he doesn't, then all his petty theatrics on and off the court get magnified 10-fold

Hoops Czar
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM
At the end of the day all those off-the-court things don't matter. Just win, and the public will forgive you. His best playoff moment was 5 years ago in Detroit, and he's been in his prime for awhile now.

If he just mans up in the clutch and wins rings then even his staunchest of haters will have to shut up. If he doesn't, then all his petty theatrics on and off the court get magnified 10-fold

Good take. If Lebron just shut his mouth and played basketball, their would be a lot less reasons to hate.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Good take. If Lebron just shut his mouth and played basketball, their would be a lot less reasons to hate.

tbh I don't hate the guy anymore...I was just busting HH's balls.

All my hate and utter disdain for him left when I got to see him fail on the biggest stage 3 nights in a row after all his posturing last year. It was pretty cathartic:lol

To still hate after that is petty and vindictive. It's clearly his time and his league now if he wants to take it, so no sense hating on the inevitable. Besides, he's still fun to watch on the court

ElNono
02-28-2012, 07:30 PM
This is actually a big fuck you to actual fans of the All Star dunk event (all 12 of them) and all those people that paid money to be there. Let's be frank here, you really think that if he talked Nike into dropping $1m to charity and sponsor his appearance in the dunk contest, Nike wouldn't bite?
They'll probably drop $10m just in ads on the run up to the event.

Dude should just do it or STFU

redzero
02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Even though HarlemHeat is a proud LeBron supporter, he does have a point, regardless of bias. Put simply, LeBron is just an NBA player. Sure, he mighty do some douchey things, but the level of hate for him (and other players like Kobe) is ridiculous.

We should all focus on hating the real assholes like JR Smith and Derrick Rose for their murderous behavior and thuggish personality, respectively.

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Even though HarlemHeat is a proud LeBron supporter, he does have a point, regardless of bias. Put simply, LeBron is just an NBA player. Sure, he mighty do some douchey things, but the level of hate for him (and other players like Kobe) is ridiculous.

We should all focus on hating the real assholes like JR Smith and Derrick Rose for their murderous behavior and thuggish personality, respectively.

How is my man Eric Gordon doing...nigga is a top 10 player no doubt...

JoeTait75
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
despicable human being

Why, because he doesn't want to work for free?

If they want to make the Dunk Contest relevant again they need to find some incentive to get the stars involved.

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Why, because he doesn't want to work for free?

If they want to make the Dunk Contest relevant again they need to find some incentive to get the stars involved.

I agree doesn't have to compete in that bull ass shit...but I think he's lying about the million..that's not the real reason he doesn't want to compete...that Nigga isn't creative tbh...I seen his shitty high school dunk contest and he got basically the same lame ass power dunks...his game hasn't evolved very much at all

look at this lame ass shit:

wyPsiBBOCes

Koolaid_Man
02-28-2012, 09:54 PM
now look at Kobe winning that shit back in 97

iabpij1JMJs

VBM
02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Ray Allen in a dunk contest...forgot about that