PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Sell: The T-Wolves can pull a first round upset of...

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 11:07 AM
The Thunder, Spurs, or Clippers IF they make the playoffs?

They are currently only 1/2 game out of the 8th spot and playing some inspired ball of late. Are they too young, or can they be the next Memphis?

cheguevara
02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
When you mix playoffs and Bonner and Dick. Anything is possible.

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Maybe the Clippers..they would give the Spurs a run, but wouldn't beat them..

They have too many inconsistent and young players IMO..

Williams and Rubio have shown flashes, but they're both inconsistent..

Beasley is a cancer..he'll have games like last night, but that's not usually the case..

Their swingmen are all inconsistent and streaky..Williams, Beasley, Johnson, Webster..

TimmehC
02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
That frontcourt gives the Spurs more fits than Memphis last season. They can beat teams that don't play good defense, so Spurs and Clips should avoid them at all costs.

Killakobe81
02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
That treasured Minny Pick looks like a high lottery at best. NOt sure they get in but if they do they can be dangerous. Harlem is right a bit too streaky to expect a long run, but an upset with the right matchup or even pushing a team to 7 games would HAVE to be considered an amazing feat for a franchise that has been crap since KG left ...

Killakobe81
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I called this shit when all the Chris paul trade talk was going on, the Minny pick would NOT be all that great. At least Kaman is showing a pulse (but he still sucks) unless the God's (or Stern) are kind ...the Hornets may get the 8th pick in a 3 player draft if Kaman and Gordon both walk. They will have Aminu and wasted cap space for the best PG in the NBA. Nice job ...

I forgot who it was but someone mocked me sid Minny would still suck ...:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Which is still better than Lamar Odom(who would have undoubtedly refused to play there) and a declining Luis Scola, tbh..

Killakobe81
02-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Which is still better than Lamar Odom(who would have undoubtedly refused to play there) and a declining Luis Scola, tbh..

Besides the point. I never argued the Lakers deal was a "steal" . I said that they were getting a poo-poo platter in both deals. I won't argue the merits of the Lakers deal, I thought if they had waited they could of done better than the Clips or Lakers offers. Some Hornets and other fans disagree. I just think it wasnt enough for top 10 player/top 3 PG that was UNDER contract. Nothing you can say at this time will convince me otherwise.

BUMP
02-29-2012, 01:51 PM
tbh I don't see it happening.

Definitely not coming close to beating OKC, San Antonio wins handily too IMO. I give them about a 25% chance of beating the Clips though

Leetonidas
02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Spurs maybe, their frontcourt is the type we have problems with but in the playoffs I think they could push us to 6. Clips and OKC will have no problem with 'sota

djohn2oo8
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I called this shit when all the Chris paul trade talk was going on, the Minny pick would NOT be all that great. At least Kaman is showing a pulse (but he still sucks) unless the God's (or Stern) are kind ...the Hornets may get the 8th pick in a 3 player draft if Kaman and Gordon both walk. They will have Aminu and wasted cap space for the best PG in the NBA. Nice job ...

I forgot who it was but someone mocked me sid Minny would still suck ...:lol

Still on his high horse :lol I knew the pick would be a low one just because of Adelman going there.

Killakobe81
02-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Still on his high horse :lol I knew the pick would be a low one just because of Adelman going there.

Was that you djohn? I honestly did not remember, but much like DPG, I do ride a high horse. But at least I admit it ...

BTW, Rox are playing some good ball considering that the players that they were trading was "trash"... according to folks on here. :lol
Look, like I freely admit all things considered I think each team is benefiting right now from the "veto". Not sure any team except the Hornets would have a better record if that deal went through (and Lakers too) And of course the Clips were huge winners, and the Hornets has cap space. I just felt Hornets should of held out for more. If the Lakers deal sucked, then hold on until some team offered cap space and a asset that was worthwhile.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, the LAC deal was better but it's still funny to watch that Wolves pick become garbage while Aminu and Gordon give them nothing.

DJ Mbenga
02-29-2012, 04:59 PM
they have nothing at the sg and sf positions.

Muser
02-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Thunder take them in 5, Spurs and Clippers both in 6

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-29-2012, 07:10 PM
No way they're pulling off any upsets this year. All those teams would sweep them or beat them in five. Next year though, if they get a decent 2/3 in the offseason, will be something to worry about.

Pelicans78
02-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Besides the point. I never argued the Lakers deal was a "steal" . I said that they were getting a poo-poo platter in both deals. I won't argue the merits of the Lakers deal, I thought if they had waited they could of done better than the Clips or Lakers offers. Some Hornets and other fans disagree. I just think it wasnt enough for top 10 player/top 3 PG that was UNDER contract. Nothing you can say at this time will convince me otherwise.

Nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Pelicans78
02-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Houston would have been much better off with the trade. They add Gasol and most likely sign Nene and still keep Lowry who's easily their best player this season.

The only teams the Hornets could trade to were the Lakers, Knicks, and Clippers. He wouldn't sign anywhere else.

FkLA
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
How good is Minnys defense? From what little Ive seen of them they seem like an explosive offensive team with average defense. Those type of young lower seeded teams always put up good fights but never seem to actually take out the top teams*.

*unless its the dallas chokericks

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
T-Pups have a better defense than the Spurs tbh

Robz4000
02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
They've also had Dallas'/Houston's number this year. If either happen to meet the Wolves in the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pups come out on top.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:33 PM
T-Pups have a better defense than the Spurs tbh

tbh Minnesota has a better defense than Miami. They're ranked third in the league, behind the Lakers and Chicago. That doesn't change the fact that they're not clutch, they have no playoff experience, and they have no 2 or 3.

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
:lol where do you get Minnesota being 3rd in the league in defense? Going by defensive rating they're an average defensive team.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 08:35 PM
tbh Minnesota has a better defense than Miami. They're ranked third in the league, behind the Lakers and Chicago. That doesn't change the fact that they're not clutch, they have no playoff experience, and they have no 2 or 3.

crofl...the Grizzlies franchise had never won a playoff game going into last year's playoffs.

Robz4000
02-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Don't the Celtics have the best D in the league?

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:38 PM
crofl...the Grizzlies franchise had never won a playoff game going into last year's playoffs.

They got on a hot streak, Z Bo went off, and Manu was out for the series, along with Timmy having a bum ankle. We all knew it was coming.

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Manu was out for the series, along with Timmy having a bum ankle.
lol Revisionist history. Manu missed the first game. Try again.

MavDynasty
02-29-2012, 08:41 PM
lol spur fan using Manu injuries as an excuse

When it's happened every year, it is no longer an outlier but a trend...a predictable one at that. Y'all should be used to him being injured every year and act accordingly tbh

:cry :cry but but but he is such a warrior and plays so hard! That's why he gets injured!

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
lol spur fan using Manu injuries as an excuse

When it's happened every year, it is no longer an outlier but a trend...a predictable one at that. Y'all should be used to him being injured every year and act accordingly tbh

:cry :cry but but but he is such a warrior and plays so hard! That's why he gets injured!
Yeah tbh it's now been 4 straight playoffs where Manu has had one injury issue or another. Idk why spurfan still thinks it's a legit excuse, at this point Manu being healthy for them in the playoffs would be more of a gift than something to expect.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Don't the Celtics have the best D in the league?

Looked at NBA.com...their stats are all kinds of fucked up...hard to read the charts, tbh...Hollinger has Philly first, Chicago second, and Boston third. I'd actually say Chicago has better D than Philly, but that's just me.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
lol Revisionist history. Manu missed the first game. Try again.

Manu couldn't be Manu...you can't even count what he did on the court with that brace as Manu...in my opinion he was out.

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Manu couldn't be Manu...you can't even count what he did on the court with that brace as Manu...in my opinion he was out.
:lol neat cop out pretending this is what you meant in your original post

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
:lol neat cop out pretending this is what you meant in your original post

:lol neat comment thinking I care what you think about my comment. He had a brace on and was constantly worried about getting hurt again..he wasn't Manu.

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Manu averaged 20.6 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 4.2 assists in the 5 playoff games he played last year. It's extremely retarded to say, "You can't even count what he did on the court," given those numbers, and it doesn't sound like someone who watched that series.

FkLA
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Manu is by far the biggest warrior in the NBA tbh. That does contribute to his injuries but alot of it is also bad luck unfortunately. The broken hand and shouder last season were just freak accidents. :(

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Injuries happen when you get old, so stfu with the excuses. Maybe he should get on some calcium supplements so he doesn't have the same bone strength as my grandfather

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:51 PM
:lol neat comment thinking I care what you think about my comment. He had a brace on and was constantly worried about getting hurt again..he wasn't Manu.
He "wasn't Manu," in 2008 against LA, 2009 against Dallas, 2010 against Phoenix, or as you just said 2011 against Memphis. Expecting Manu "to be Manu" when the playoffs role around is a recipe for failure at this point for San Antonio as he's made it clear his brittle bones can't last for the playoffs.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Manu averaged 20.6 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 4.2 assists in the 5 playoff games he played last year. It's extremely retarded to say, "You can't even count what he did on the court," given those numbers, and it doesn't sound like someone who watched that series.

Can't believe I'm actually arguing with a fake poser. Truth is, our front court with a hurting Tim couldn't compete with a one year wonder in Z-Bo and the talents of Gasol. Otherwise, we had that series in the bag. Put us against Memphis right now and it's a sweep..you know it as well as I do. Minnesota? We win in 5. Now please go waste your time pretending to be someone you're not because you have no life with someone else, please.

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Can't believe I'm actually arguing with a fake poser. Truth is, our front court with a hurting Tim couldn't compete with a one year wonder in Z-Bo and the talents of Gasol. Otherwise, we had that series in the bag. Put us against Memphis right now and it's a sweep..you know it as well as I do. Minnesota? We win in 5. Now please go waste your time pretending to be someone you're not because you have no life with someone else, please.
:lmao I thought they lost because of :cryManu's injury:cry

:lmao changing the subject hoping no one notices the santorum running down your leg

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Holy shit:rollin

redzero
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
90210, you should meet Goran in a Denny's parking lot to handle your differences.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:56 PM
:lmao I thought they lost because of :cryManu's injury:cry

:lmao changing the subject hoping no one notices the santorum running down your leg

Manu's injury was part of it...not saying it wasn't...you know that too..you really can't be that stupid...and who changed the subject? I thought this was about why we lost the series...

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Holy shit:rollin

Pot meet kettle

MavDynasty
02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
:lmao how can you say he is a one year wonder when he has only played 4 games this year?

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Manu's injury was part of it...not saying it wasn't...you know that too..you really can't be that stupid...and who changed the subject? I thought this was about why we lost the series...
You specifically said what Manu did, "Can't be counted." I then brought up his stats to point out that what he did can indeed be counted. You didn't care to explain how someone who averaged over 20 points in 5 of the 6 games had contributions that "Can't be counted"

redzero
02-29-2012, 08:59 PM
90210, do you think that Rudy Gay being injured helped the Grizzlies?

Leetonidas

:lol:lol:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Hey Brannon, can you guess who authored this quote?

"They chose to play us, now they got us, so we'll see what happens."

MavDynasty
02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
90210, do you think that Rudy Gay being injured helped the Grizzlies?

:rollin

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
You specifically said what Manu did, "Can't be counted." I then brought up his stats to point out that what he did can indeed be counted. You didn't care to explain how someone who averaged over 20 points in 5 of the 6 games had contributions that "Can't be counted"
Manu may have scored, but he wasn't Manu..anyone who watches the games know that Manu does a hell of a lot more than just score...he ran this team last year...with an injury that kept him from playing how he normally plays, he wasn't able to be himself. Then, with no legit big man and Timmy hurt, their bigs trashed ours. It's pretty simple.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 09:02 PM
we'll see what happens

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Manu may have scored, but he wasn't Manu..anyone who watches the games know that Manu does a hell of a lot more than just score...he ran this team last year...with an injury that kept him from playing how he normally plays, he wasn't able to be himself. Then, with no legit big man and Timmy hurt, their bigs trashed ours. It's pretty simple.
You specifically said what he did, "Doesn't count." Regardless of what Manu does when he's healthy, how does someone who averaged over 20 PPG in 5 of the 6 games "Not count?" You keep dodging the question at hand because it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about and keep having to change your argument.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 09:05 PM
See..that means I had belief we could win...but wasn't sure...and wasn't comfortable with it.

FkLA
02-29-2012, 09:05 PM

Manu still played great, being the warrior that he is and shit. That series was pretty hard fought so I think saying a fully healthy Manu mightve made the difference for the Spurs is kinda fair especially if they head to Memphis up 2-0. But saying what Manu did shouldnt even count is kinda ridiculous bro.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
You specifically said what he did, "Doesn't count." Regardless of what Manu does when he's healthy, how does someone who averaged over 20 PPG in 5 of the 6 games "Not count?" You keep dodging the question at hand because it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about and keep having to change your argument.

How is what I said dodging the question? I answered it completely...he scored, but he wasn't Manu...he wasn't able to lead the team...I don't get where you don't understand that.

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
saying what Manu did shouldnt even count is kinda ridiculous bro.
It was wrong and retarded to say that, thank you for pointing that out. It's hilarious watching 90210 dance around admitting what he said was wrong and stupid.

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Manu still played great, being the warrior that he is and shit. That series was pretty hard fought so I think saying a fully healthy Manu mightve made the difference for the Spurs is kinda fair especially if they head to Memphis up 2-0. But saying what Manu did shouldnt even count is kinda ridiculous bro.

OK...I back away from the "can't be counted" part. He still wasn't Manu...and missing him in that first game was major. And a lot of people still don't count Timmy having a bum ankle in that series.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 09:08 PM
:lol too tired timmy talking trash
:lolManu leading the team in scoring in 3/5 games
:lolManu accounted for almost 1/4 of the Spurs points in his 5 games
:lolbut he doesn't count

Goran Dragic
OK...I back away from the "can't be counted" part.
You're dam right you do

Goran Dragic
:lolManu leading the team in scoring in 3/5 games
:lolManu accounted for almost 1/4 of the Spurs points in his 5 games
:lolbut he doesn't count
:lmao

Spursfan092120
02-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Timmy was hurt...not tired.

MavDynasty
02-29-2012, 09:14 PM
His tired ass has been injured year after year as well

:lol relying on injury prone players

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Timmy was hurt...not tired.

Then maybe he should've kept his mouth shut, no?

He talked, and Z-Bo and Gasol made him look like Toronto-Olajuwon.:lol