PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen appreciation thread

myhc
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Sorry if a thread was already posted but I haven't seen one. When we needed scores in the 3rd quarter, he was the one popping 3s and driving to the hole. 10 crucial points. And I'd like to think he had something to do with the 5 turnovers by Hamilton. And then of course, the great move by Pop to put him on Billups.

Bruce, where would we be without you???????

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Down 2-3, or maybe even 1-4.

ZStomp
06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Did you all notice when RIP swatted his hand to Bowens face...

timvp
06-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Is Bruce Bowen the MVP of the series? I think so. Manu, Tim, Horry and Parker have been too up and down to give it to them. Bruce has been steady.

Give it to Bruce. He's done his job better than any player on the team. He even had some impressive drives tonight.

MVP BRUCE BOWEN.

How 'bout dem apples, Ghost Writer?

:cooldevil

prrao
06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Oh yeah, I think he's the forgotten one. He's been great on Rip all series. And his offense was awesome tonight.

myhc
06-20-2005, 01:49 AM
MVP? I can go with that. He has been the most consistent player in the series. He's 10-22 from 3s and has held Rip in check except for game 3.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Rip wasn't even good in game 3 -- 24 points on 23 shots isn't efficient at all. Bowen has been masterful so far. But there's one more game to go.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
06-20-2005, 01:54 AM
What can I say Bruce is a defensive mad man, elbows to the grill and chest, dirty player and all, glad that muthafucker is on the Spurs team. Big ups to Bowen, definatley MVP material.

Timoha
06-20-2005, 01:58 AM
Bruce has been great this series and very consistent. He specilizes in defense and is great at what he does. And he deserve the credit for everything that he does. And I also truely respect him for overcoming so much adversity in his early life. :spin

myhc
06-20-2005, 02:04 AM
If we win game 6, I think it'll go to Duncan but I'd love for it to go to a guy like Bruce. That would be the utmost sign of respect and recognition, especially since he came in 2nd in the Defensive Player of the Year.

texbumTHElife
06-20-2005, 02:06 AM
MVP is up for grabs right now. Tony was our only threat in games 3 & 4 but Tim was huge in game 5 and Manu was huge in games 1 & 2. I think whoever puts up the best numbers Tuesday gets it. If its a close game and everyone is fairly close I think Big Shot Rob gets it just for tonights heroics.

texbumTHElife
06-20-2005, 02:08 AM
especially since he came in 2nd in the Defensive Player of the Year.

They need to split the award up between bigs and smalls. Ben Wallace can stand around all day and get weak side blocks and win the award. That just aint right. Bruce doesnt get the stats so he will never win the award. Hell, Duncan put on a clinic tonight for 3 quarters vs. Ben Wallace and we will probably still hear on Tues how he is the best defender in the world.

Bruce Bowen has been DPOY for the past 3 years. End of discussion.

caŽlo
06-20-2005, 05:37 AM
not even ben can play a good of a one on one d like bruce does.

and thats often AGAINST the BEST SCORER of the team.

rwb
06-20-2005, 05:57 AM
I've always admired Bruce, not only for his incredible D, but for his character. He was interviewed on ESPN after the game and made mention about not going in for trash talk because he thought it was a bad image for kids who try to emulate NBA players. Now that's the kind of guy I want representing my team.