PDA

View Full Version : Ben Howland losing control...

BUMP
02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/magazine/02/28/ucla/index.html

I'm sure most people have heard the story by now.

IMO, if most of this stuff is true no way he sticks around.

Curious to hear what BB has to say tbh

Goran Dragic
02-29-2012, 09:33 PM
This will all depend on how big this story gets, but I agree that if it gets big enough Howland is done.

UCLA really fucked up by letting things get this out of hand given how good their recruiting class should have been this year. They're probably gonna lose Shabazz to Kentucky at this point.

baseline bum
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
That's ridiculous to hear the shit Howland let Nelson get away with. I would definitely pass on UCLA if I was Mohammed after hearing that. Howland is generally regarded as the person who single-handedly turned the program around after Lavin took it in the shitter, so it's pretty shocking to hear players say he was only an X's and O's guy. Still, I really fear the team getting stuck with another Lavin (Matt Barnes was literally the only player who ever improved under that guy and some of his top prospects like JaRon Rush and Cedric Bozeman never became shit under him).

MannyIsGod
03-01-2012, 12:38 AM
The MWC is full of UCLA transfers that are playing extremely well. Drew Gordon is a beast, and Mike Moser is damn good as well.

BUMP
03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
The MWC is full of UCLA transfers that are playing extremely well. Drew Gordon is a beast, and Mike Moser is damn good as well.

tbh this is why I find the story interesting.

I've always wondered why so many guys from UCLA transferred and I guess this is why. Except for J'mison Morgan. The guy was a giant douche in high school and I'm not at all surprised that he's still stumbling over his own dick instead of being in the NBA by now. He was like the 12th ranked player in the country at the time

BUMP
03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Things that stood out to me

-The Russell Westbrook story (I don't know how that's even possible)

-Players taking drugs immediately before practice

-Reeves Nelson injuring/re-injuring players in practice

-That one player who didn't even dress out for the game and refused to go in during garbage time.

-Several transfers/dismissals/coaches taking other jobs

Don't really care about the partying part. The fact that they got to party at LA mansions sounds ridiculously badass actually

Bill_Brasky
03-01-2012, 10:14 AM
I'd like to pistol whip that Nelson kid.