PDA

View Full Version : Parker manhandled by Rose

FkLA
02-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Pretty much why we lost this statement game tbh. I dont wanna hear this BS about the refs, bottom line is we needed Frenchie to step up big and offset Roses production especially with our best player out and he didnt do that. Everyone else on the team played relatively well except for him.

my2sons
02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
yawn...

ffadicted
"X outplayed by the best play in the planet"

Great thread

Spursfan092120
yawn...

tbh

VBM
No reason to get worked up over losing a road game

Gutter92
02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Lost by 6 to the 3rd best team in the NBA while missing our best player....who gives a shit if we lose to the Bulls while missing Gino/Leonard...

FkLA
02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
"X manhandled by the best play in the planet"

Great thread

fixed

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Rose was beyond ridiculous tonight. If you really think there's a way to stop him, good luck thinking it's gonna happen anytime soon. Not only by the Spurs, but by anyone else in the league.

Hanging with the Bulls until the final minute without Manu and Kawhi is a really good thing. Didn't get the win, but this isn't a horrible loss at all.

02-29-2012, 11:39 PM
eh no question parker was outplayed but the spurs had other flaws on full display.

Brazil
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Pretty much why we lost this statement game tbh. I dont wanna hear this BS about the refs, bottom line is we needed Frenchie to step up big and offset Roses production especially with our best player out and he didnt do that. Everyone else on the team played relatively well except for him.

parker haters are so butthurt this season that they are jumping on everything :lol

Budkin
02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Lost by 6 to the 3rd best team in the NBA while missing our best player....who gives a shit if we lose to the Bulls while missing Gino/Leonard...

This

FkLA
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Wasnt expecting him to shut down Rose obv, but I did expect him to offset Roses production somewhat by having a strong offensive outing of his own. But in a game with playoff intensity and atmosphere Parker shit the bed, brought back horrible memories of the Memphis series and Michael Conley. :(

DAF86
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Offensive rebounds did us, tbh.

timvp
Parker gets owned by the reigning MVP who has the league's best defense behind him. The horror.

:sleep

Kori Ellis
Eh... it's been a long while since Parker had a bad game. Unfortunately it was tonight. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts becoming a pattern against good teams.

DPG21920
I don't get why people bash TP, but I also don't get why saying TP was thoroughly outplayed by Rose (when he was) is a bad thing.

timvp
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
but I did expect him to offset Roses production

Someone needs to watch more basketball, tbh.

Trainwreck2100
Parker showing that playoff form tbqh

Ryan Fitzpatrick
Rose was beyond ridiculous tonight. If you really think there's a way to stop him, good luck thinking it's gonna happen anytime soon. Not only by the Spurs, but by anyone else in the league.

Hanging with the Bulls until the final minute without Manu and Kawhi is a really good thing. Didn't get the win, but this isn't a horrible loss at all.

LeBron James would like a word with you.

MarHill
02-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Don't over react. This game made me feel much better about the Spurs than the win streak.

The first game after the All-Star Break is mostly a let down game and the Spurs were right there most of the night.

If they can stay healthy...then they will be legit.

DAF86
I would like to see Leonard on Rose in the future.

timvp
TP was thoroughly outplayed by Rose

True. He definitely was. But that's what happens when an All-Star with a sub par defense behind him goes against the MVP with the league's best defense behind him.

If anyone thought Parker should have played Rose even tonight they're pretty delusional. If Parker plays Rose even, the Spurs are going to win the game by 25. But there's a reason the Bulls are a top three team in the NBA.

FkLA
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Someone needs to watch more basketball, tbh.

Why shouldnt I expect that? Because the Bulls are a solid defensive team? Did his poor outing against a solid defensive Memphis team last season really lower our standards of TP, to the point where we cant expect him to have a solid offensive outing against a team like the Bulls ??

Spursfanfromafar
02-29-2012, 11:51 PM
This defeat had little to do with Parker. It had much to do with the manner the Spurs let the Bulls wing players - Korver and Deng take initiative in the fourth quarter on a few important plays. TBH, the game was lost because of Richard Jefferson.

His role seems to be the most minimal of any player who is not paid the league minimum - stay in the corners and take the easiest 3 shot possible (and he won't take it at every given time)..and play defense on the opposition 3 (which he did not).

timvp
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Why shouldnt I expect that? Because the Bulls are a solid defensive team? Did his poor outing against a solid defensive Memphis team last season really lower our standards of TP, to the point where we cant expect him to have a solid offensive outing against a team like the Bulls ??

You're whining in this thread that Parker didn't "offset" Rose. That's a ridiculous take, tbh.

timtonymanu
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Parker had one shitty game in a long time. It was bound to happen at some point.

Now Richard Jefferson on the other hand ....

Ryan Fitzpatrick
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM

It's not low standards he's talking about. Rose is just flat-out much better and is a mismatch for every PG in the league pretty much.

ElNono
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
tbh, you have to wonder how TP would have played if the ASG was next weekend... :stirpot:

DPG21920
02-29-2012, 11:55 PM
True. He definitely was. But that's what happens when an All-Star with a sub par defense behind him goes against the MVP with the league's best defense behind him.

If anyone thought Parker should have played Rose even tonight they're pretty delusional. If Parker plays Rose even, the Spurs are going to win the game by 25. But there's a reason the Bulls are a top three team in the NBA.

Somewhat agreed but that doesn't mean TP played well. I don't care who he's playing, he's better than he was tonight & it's just one game, but he played bad and Rose played well. Bashing him for it is dumb, but stating the facts is not. Just seems like there are polar opposites with spur fan: hate TP or over protect TP.

FkLA
02-29-2012, 11:55 PM
You're whining in this thread that Parker didn't "offset" Rose. That's a ridiculous take, tbh.

Not whining. And I expected him to offset Rose somewhat, not to match him basket for basket. He didnt come close to offsetting him somewhat much less completely. Rose completely dominated the matchup. If Parker even somewhat offsets Rose, Spurs likely win this game.

roycrikside
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM

Being outplayed by Rose is one thing, L.J., but it shouldn't have been to the degree that it was, especially with Rose coming off a 41-minute outing yesterday and Parker rested.

I don't buy the excuse about Chicago's defense. Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. His teardrops weren't going in. Forgive me, but I have more faith in Tony than to think any defense in the league can hold him to 5-of-16 when he's feeling good. Dude just missed shots and played poorly. That's it. He doesn't need qualifiers and excuses made for him. It's not like he took a bunch of off-balance 22-footers with a hand in his face. He missed the same type of shots he makes every game.

DPG21920
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
being outplayed by rose is one thing, l.j., but it shouldn't have been to the degree that it was, especially with rose coming off a 41-minute outing yesterday and parker rested.

I don't buy the excuse about chicago's defense. Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. His teardrops weren't going in. Forgive me, but i have more faith in tony than to think any defense in the league can hold him to 5-of-16 when he's feeling good. Dude just missed shots and played poorly. That's it. He doesn't need qualifies and excuses made for him.

+1000

timvp
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Somewhat agreed but that doesn't mean TP played well. I don't care who he's playing, he's better than he was tonight

Obviously. Parker sucked tonight. Rose wasn't even as good as Rose usually is and he still destroyed Parker. Repeat, TP was pretty much garbage.

The only opinion in this thread I'm disagreeing with is the one that Parker should have been expected to offset Rose. That's cray.

DPG21920
02-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Please don't talk like that :lol

FkLA
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
And Jefferson is a piece of shit, and is irrelevant out on the court. We already know and expect this. You cant place a loss on an irrelevant piece of shit.

GSH
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
He had 11 points, 9 assists, and 6 boards. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus just yet. He missed some shots. It happens. Rose got his numbers. It happens. Pretty unfair to make this loss about a head2head matchup between Tony and Rose.

Mugen
03-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Perhaps but not as bad as Bon Bon got abused by Taj Gibson tonight.

Matty was having darrell arthur flashbacks from the playoffs last year.

mexicanjunior
And Jefferson is a piece of shit, and is irrelevant out on the court. We already know and expect this. You cant place a loss on an irrelevant piece of shit.

The fact that Pop force fed him minutes in the clutch is what made him relevant...

roycrikside
Obviously. Parker sucked tonight. Rose wasn't even as good as Rose usually is and he still destroyed Parker. Repeat, TP was pretty much garbage.

The only opinion in this thread I'm disagreeing with is the one that Parker should have been expected to offset Rose. That's cray.

Fine. I think being within 10 pts of Rose should've been a reasonable expectation. Sorry, I don't think it can be overlooked that Rose did play 41 minutes yesterday. He should've been more fatigued than Parker.

timvp
03-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Being outplayed by Rose is one thing, L.J., but it shouldn't have been to the degree that it was, especially with Rose coming off a 41-minute outing yesterday and Parker rested.

I don't buy the excuse about Chicago's defense. Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. His teardrops weren't going in. Forgive me, but I have more faith in Tony than to think any defense in the league can hold him to 5-of-16 when he's feeling good. Dude just missed shots and played poorly. That's it. He doesn't need qualifiers and excuses made for him. It's not like he took a bunch of off-balance 22-footers with a hand in his face. He missed the same type of shots he makes every game.

There's no disagreement. Parker didn't get the job done. He had chances to and didn't

Again, my only bone of contention is the take that coming into the game Parker should have been expected to offset Rose. Rose against Spurs defense vs. Parker against Bulls defense shouldn't have to be equal for S.A. to win the game.

Tis all I'm saying, tbh.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
God d*mmit every time I have a take, others have already fleshed it out two times over.

Basically, yes Parker needed to score more but he was going against tha effing MVP for goodness sake. Derick Rose is an amazing amazing player.

That being said the bulls suck A.H. offensively, joakim noah's jumpshot rotates horizontally, for crying out loud.

If spurs had to deal with this team In the playoffs, I would point to an obvious silver lining of us probably outscoring this feeble offensive team if we have a healthy splitter,.and especially a healthy manu.

The momentum of the game shifted the SECOND Parker went to the bench. The bulls continued to be an awesome defensive team, while the spurs were their regular jump shooting selves--WITH NO PLAYMAKER!

For yet another silver lining,.mavs lost tonight too, so it's a wash.

benefactor
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Eh... it's been a long while since Parker had a bad game. Unfortunately it was tonight. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts becoming a pattern against good teams.
Spurfans memory seems to be pretty short. Didn't Parker just lead the Spurs to an 8-1 RRT record?

One game later he is on the cross again.

FkLA
03-01-2012, 12:05 AM

Would you disagree with the opinion that Parker shouldve come close to offsetting Roses production?

tbh Im starting to think your a closet CoP member nigga.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:05 AM
tbh, you kind of expect players to relax after winning the All Star Skills Challenge

benefactor
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
He had a sub par game...nothing more and nothing less. Seriously, sbc...your takes have really gone to shit since you left the Wire.

Russ
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
This game was lost in the trenches.

Parker is fine.

timvp
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Would you disagree with the opinion that Parker shouldve come close to offsetting Roses production? He should have been closer than he was tonight.

tbh Im starting to think your a closet CoP member nigga.CoP calls me CoM, CoM calls me CoP. I'm either both or neither, tbh.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I go out of my way to pick holes in timvp'sposts sometimes....but either timvp has changed or most of you have lost touch with reality, cuz you guys are smoking crack if you been watching this team and expected Parker to go toe to toe with Rose.

pjjrfan
03-01-2012, 12:10 AM
It wasn't Tony's best game, but not coming up with loose balls, giving up way to many offensive rebounds, and the bulls shooters getting hot in the 4th were more pivotal in the Spurs losing.

SpurPadre
03-01-2012, 12:12 AM
It was just an off game, alright but tonight definitely proved once and for all one fact some Spurs fans have forgotten this year: Manu IS flat out our team's best player, our best big game player and has been our best player for the past 5 years going forward. Yes, the team has played well without Manu for most of the season but it's a small sample size and it doesn't mean jack in the playoffs. If we are to win the title this year, it will be with a healthy Manu winning the NBA Finals MVP, just as he rightfully deserved to have in the '05 Finals.

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I go out of my way to pick holes in timvp'sposts sometimes....but either timvp has changed or most of you have lost touch with reality, cuz you guys are smoking crack if you been watching this team and expected Parker to go toe to toe with Rose.

So Spurs fans are crazy to think a finals MVP playing the best basketball of his career that is a top 5 PG should have gone toe to toe with a ringless, proven big moment choker that was on a back to back and suffered a horrific in game knee injury?

FkLA
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
He had a sub par game...nothing more and nothing less. Seriously, sbc...your takes have really gone to shit since you left the Wire.

Thats all Im saying, he had a subpar game in a game he had to come up big for the Spurs to pull out the win. Therefore the loss falls on him. Whyre people so defensive when it comes to Parker ?

He should have been closer than he was tonight.

CoP calls me CoM, CoM calls me CoP. I'm either both or neither, tbh.

Much closer.

And youve been pretty CoP this season tbh.

timvp
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
suffered a horrific in game knee injury

DPG attempting to troll the posters he's supposed to troll. No surprises here.

Nathan Explosion
03-01-2012, 12:17 AM

Yeah, the best player in the planet, who's 6'8" and 280 (maybe bigger) and as quick as Rose would like a word with you.

timvp
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM

Tbh, it's difficult to be CoM when he's been in a sportcoat 90% of the season. Hopefully I get a chance to rile up CoP but Manu's going to have to play a couple games in a row first.

Mugen

Not much of a choice so far this season, tbh ...:depressed

-CoM

jjktkk
No shame to have a sub-par game against a top team. The only criticism I have on Tony, is when going against elite pgs, he tends to try and match them offensively, which leads him to sometimes take questionable shots. I saw some of that tonight.

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 12:21 AM
DPG attempting to troll the posters he's supposed to troll. No surprises here.

I'm just here to talk basketball

benefactor
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Thats all Im saying, he had a subpar game in a game he had to come up big for the Spurs to pull out the win. Therefore the loss falls on him. Whyre people so defensive when it comes to Parker ?

He spent the whole fucking road trip coming up big. Why shit on him after one bad game? It's not like they crapped the bed against some cupcake team and they still don't have Manu.

Parker just spent the whole month of February coming up big on the road. Giving him shit after one game is pretty lame tbh.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
So Spurs fans are crazy to think a finals MVP playing the best basketball of his career that is a top 5 PG should have gone toe to toe with a ringless, proven big moment choker that was on a back to back and suffered a horrific in game knee injury?

basketball is about match ups dude. Parker has been playing the best ball of his career, from a spurs centric standpoint....but to say he can score as much and defend as well as a player who is bigger, longer, faster,.more athletic, a better three shooter, and is so damn good heis the reigning league MVP, is silly. Especially considering that most of us watching realize Parker is not the athlete he was, and his excellent play recently is more smarts based. You can't expect smarts to overcome such stark physical discrepancies....

This was a bad match up for Parker. Good news is that wet don't have to worry about matching up with the bulls.

jjktkk
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
He spent the whole fucking road trip coming up big. Why shit on him after one bad game? It's not like they crapped the bed against some cupcake team and they still don't have Manu.

Parker just spent the whole month of February coming up big on the road. Giving him shit after one game is pretty lame tbh.

Another spoiled Spursfan, nothing new to see here. :wakeup

FkLA
03-01-2012, 12:25 AM
It was just an off game, alright but tonight definitely proved once and for all one fact some Spurs fans have forgotten this year: Manu IS flat out our team's best player, our best big game player and has been our best player for the past 5 years going forward. Yes, the team has played well without Manu for most of the season but it's a small sample size and it doesn't mean jack in the playoffs. If we are to win the title this year, it will be with a healthy Manu winning the NBA Finals MVP, just as he rightfully deserved to have in the '05 Finals.

:tu

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2012, 12:25 AM

haters will continue to hate as long they find something to hate about

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2012, 12:26 AM
And if DPG is trolling I fell for it hook line and sinker

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
basketball is about match ups dude. Parker has been playing the best ball of his career, from a spurs centric standpoint....but to say he can score as much and defend as well as a player who is bigger, longer, faster,.more athletic, a better three shooter, and is so damn good heis the reigning league MVP, is silly. Especially considering that most of us watching realize Parker is not the athlete he was, and his excellent play recently is more smarts based. You can't expect smarts to overcome such stark physical discrepancies....

This was a bad match up for Parker. Good news is that wet don't have to worry about matching up with the bulls.

Gotcha b*tch :lol

FkLA
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Not shitting on him, hes been playing great. Simply saying this loss is on him much like most of the wins prior to tonight were bc of him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-01-2012, 12:52 AM

Alright, one guy knows how. I'm just saying, stopping Rose isn't nearly as easy as OP is making it out to be.

crc21209
03-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Parker gets owned by the reigning MVP who has the league's best defense behind him. The horror.

:sleep

/thread....

jag
03-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. He also made some questionable out of control drives to the basket. Overall it was a poor game from Parker. If not for a huge 3rd from Tim, the Spurs get blown out.

It's kind of hard to pile on though considering he's been carrying this team for the past 2 months.

Manu-of-steel
03-01-2012, 05:40 AM
It wasn't TPs night. Shit happens. Move on.

therealtruth
03-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Parker missed a lot of shots he usually makes. He also made some questionable out of control drives to the basket. Overall it was a poor game from Parker. If not for a huge 3rd from Tim, the Spurs get blown out.

It's kind of hard to pile on though considering he's been carrying this team for the past 2 months.

The scary thing is that's what we were saying in the playoffs last year. We were waiting for Parker to recover and it never happened. The good news now is Parker is seeing the floor better.

Horse
03-01-2012, 07:59 AM
So rose got every call while Tony was continually thrown to the ground without a whistle and you don't wanna hear about it?

Paranoid Pop
03-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Yet in a bad night Parker was +3 and Rose +1.

Brazil
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Somewhat agreed but that doesn't mean TP played well. I don't care who he's playing, he's better than he was tonight & it's just one game, but he played bad and Rose played well. Bashing him for it is dumb, but stating the facts is not. Just seems like there are polar opposites with spur fan: hate TP or over protect TP.

who is over protecting him ?

He had a bad game, don't think it deserved his own thread.

what have you done for me lately forum

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Plenty of people.

jag
03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
No one has ever blurred the line between trolling and quality takes the way DPG has.

RGMCSE
03-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Does lebron play for the Spurs? I wasn't aware he was available. Must be CIA Pop at it again...

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Sweet Subtle Goodness

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm just here to talk basketball

Cbf I hope you know I was quoting Dave Chapelle.

Brazil
03-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Plenty of people.

didn't see anything in that thread tbh fwiw oh and I'm also just here to talk about bb

LongtimeSpursFan
03-01-2012, 10:50 AM

But I thought we lost because of Bonner, Blair, RJ?

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 11:17 AM
didn't see anything in that thread tbh fwiw oh and I'm also just here to talk about bb

That's because vampires can't see their own reflection in the mirror. Think about it.

JRHernandez88
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Parker's been great this year no doubt but I saw the same thing as I did in the Miami game. When he's going against a team with a superstar and the momentum is going their way he seems to lose his focus and confidence. That's whenwe start to miss ginobili he Doesn't get intimidated by anybody and Makes the plays that stop the bleeding. I'm confident in our team still though and em enjoying Parker beast this year. We will be tough if we get ginobili warmed up and healthy come playoff time though cant wait.

TJastal
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM

+1

I also saw a few opportunities missed on fast breaks and drives to the basket where Parker had guys running the break or in better position and instead of passing he forced up bad shots.

Hopefully it's just rust from the extra long layoff he had courtesy Pop.

TJastal
03-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Yeah, the best player in the planet, who's 6'8" and 280 (maybe bigger) and as quick as Rose would like a word with you.

Lebron is not 280 lbs sorry lol

TJastal
03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
So rose got every call while Tony was continually thrown to the ground without a whistle and you don't wanna hear about it?

Parker nearly ended Rose's season with a play that would be considered vicious even for rugby and yet the officials didn't call him for a foul.

I'm not sure I saw the same game tbh.

DesignatedT
03-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Rose definitely outperformed Tony. I don't think that would be the case every time these teams suited up though. Tony can hold his own and just had a bad night. Having Manu next to him would help.

Killakobe81
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Being outplayed by the best PG in the game, is nothing for Parker or his supporters to be upset about. I know many say Rose is a glorified SG, but bottom line kid is the best at the position right now. Sure he is no CP3 but he can pass, but he is the best scorer at the spot right now. And as far as athleticism goes only Westbrook and Wall are close ...

manufan10
03-01-2012, 02:06 PM
+1

I also saw a few opportunities missed on fast breaks and drives to the basket where Parker had guys running the break or in better position and instead of passing he forced up bad shots.

Hopefully it's just rust from the extra long layoff he had courtesy Pop.

:rollin

You mean by playing the last game before the all-star break? Or by being in the skills challenge? Or maybe because he didn't play a ton of minutes during the all-star game?

:lol extra long layoff
:lol TJastal
:lol crappy takes

Brazil
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
That's because vampires can't see their own reflection in the mirror. Think about it.

are you calling me a vampire?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Sorry, he said nobody in the Association could stop Rose. I simply dropped a name.

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm an artist. This forum is my canvas and words are my paint. I was creating a masterpiece of words both confusing and beautiful. It's called: Subtle Goods

Brazil
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm an artist. This forum is my canvas and words are my paint. I was creating a masterpiece of words both confusing and beautiful. It's called: Subtle Goods

admit it... you just smoked too much weed

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Vampires don't see their reflections, Brazil. You are what Frog & Edgar hunt.

Brazil
03-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Vampires don't see their reflections, Brazil. You are what Frog & Edgar hunt.

you called for it

superbigtime
03-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Tony had a mediocre game, subpar shooting night. The floater wasn't going and Spurs lost the lead at the end. The loss sucks but we played hard. Just didn't execute at the end. Tony wasn't our only mediocre player last night. Rose is fantastic and Bulls are just a solid team. They had lots of contributions from players like Brewer and Watson and did a great job on the boards. Also they did a solid from the FT line. Refs did us no favors. All adds up to a loss, don't hang it on Tony's neck.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-01-2012, 07:21 PM
A few observations from last nights game. Yes Parker got owned, and it was painful to watch, he kept turning the ball over and couldn't score. Yeah I agree, I thought the officiating was awful, I felt every time Parker and Neal went inside they were getting manhandled by Chicago, and nothing was done about it. I think we deserved more calls, inside play was taken away. Another painful deficiency was the lack of another consistent scorer. We had no one to get us any must have buckets. Tim did his best, Neal was good. But Neal is unreliable. For every great shot he makes he misses 2 easy baskets. We need Manu back in the worst way. I know 75% of you in here don't think we need him based on your wishy washy comments. But we aren't getting out of the first round without him. We need to be healthy. We need someone we can count on for points. Last night was another example of Parker not being able to do it when it matters. Last, we obviously need another big man. And not another scrub who is just a big body. We need a big who can contribute. We need more inside scoring, D, and rebounding.

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Damn it, my account was hacked byblackswordsman

DMC
03-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Lebron is not 280 lbs sorry lol
I bet you ran and Googled that just to argue.

:lmao

DMC
03-02-2012, 01:52 AM
admit it... you just smoked too much weed
While watching the last Twilight movie.

maverick1948
03-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Parker nearly ended Rose's season with a play that would be considered vicious even for rugby and yet the officials didn't call him for a foul.

I'm not sure I saw the same game tbh.

Yeah we all saw the play. Rose got up and went right back to playing without a single limp. If banging knees in the NBA is worse than Rugby then the wussies need to get out of the game. Besides, Parker was standing still when Rose ran into him. Parker also took the pass in the chest instead of Rose getting the outlet from his teammate who throw it right to Tony. Grow up it was not a foul on TP, if anything, it was a foul on Rose for running into Tony who had established position.

urunobili
03-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Rose getting ghost calls and TP hacked and no calls going his way... manhandled my ass!

sehui
03-02-2012, 01:16 PM
seriously? Derrick Rose is a better player than Tony Parker. It's a fact. He's the MVP and arguably the no 1. PG in the game right now.

No shit Tony would get overshadowed by Rose. Needless to say, Tony was working off some rust and was missing some shots he usually makes.

I'm still iffy on Tony in general, his hot flashes this season might be fool's gold. Tony's been showing up empty for the past 2-3 postseasons, so unless hes bringing that mvp-calibur game to the playoffs, I'm still not impressed.

Paranoid Pop
03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
seriously? Derrick Rose is a better player than Tony Parker. It's a fact. He's the MVP and arguably the no 1. PG in the game right now.

No shit Tony would get overshadowed by Rose. Needless to say, Tony was working off some rust and was missing some shots he usually makes.

I'm still iffy on Tony in general, his hot flashes this season might be fool's gold. Tony's been showing up empty for the past 2-3 postseasons, so unless hes bringing that mvp-calibur game to the playoffs, I'm still not impressed.

Lol if after single handedly carrying the team to a top 4 playoff spot playing 40 minutes a night he successfully maintains his level of play during the playoff then you should probably be impressed yeah :lol.

therealtruth
03-02-2012, 03:32 PM

The Grizzlies played physical in the playoffs. The Spurs should be able to withstand physical play because that's what teams are going to do.