PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson..

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I'll make this thread before somebody else does:lol..

Why was he playing in clutch time?..

timtonymanu
02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
I really want to punch his fucking face...

I find it hard to believe any of the guys on the team can tolerate his shitty play.

siraulo23
02-29-2012, 11:32 PM
cause he makes clutch threes like the one vs utah

Brutalis
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Just think what if.... what if he was his old self while he was on the Spurs. What if.... the Spurs got another big... what would we have done last year? Yeaaah.

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
He left Deng open for 2 threes, instead of closing out hard and making him swing it to Ronnie Brewer, a poor shooter..typical..

Spurs Brazil
02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Jefferson is a waste of space.

Leonard should be starting and Anderson playing backup

MullinFan
02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
He left Deng open for 2 threes, instead of closing out hard and making him swing it to Ronnie Brewer, a poor shooter..typical..

^ This says it all.....

angelbelow
02-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Epic mental blunder leaving Deng open for the 3. That was probably the dagger that ended our chances.

Beanzamillion21
02-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Can we still Amnesty his ass?

Libri
02-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I'll make this thread before somebody else does:lol..

Why was he playing in clutch time?..

Must be in his contract.

02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
remember those who defended re-signing jefferson to a long term contract? lol.

VBM
02-29-2012, 11:43 PM
remember those who defended re-signing jefferson to a long term contract? lol.

But but but there was nobody better available! :lol

Beanzamillion21
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Anderson > Dick Jeff

elemento
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Dick Jefferson makes 12x more money than Neal. :lmao

RC Buford was drunk when he gave that 39m contract

timtonymanu
02-29-2012, 11:47 PM
I didn't think anyone could be worse than Michael Finley. At least Finley hit big shots.

Capt Bringdown
02-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Epic mental blunder leaving Deng open for the 3. That was probably the dagger that ended our chances.

That was the backbreaker.

Johnny RIngo
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
I didn't think anyone could be worse than Michael Finley. At least Finley hit big shots.

Timvp had a breakdown of clutch ability concerning Spurs players past and present. Finley was dead last - after Bonner even.

Finley, Bonner, and RJ are the three that have killed this team from the inside out - like a bad plague. Never understood what Pop or the front office saw in these losers.

benefactor
03-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Can we still Amnesty his ass?
In the offseason, yes.

NRHector
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
In the offseason, yes.

so we are fucked this season:bang

Beanzamillion21
03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
so we are fucked this season:bang

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

DPG21920
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM

Would have rather had nobody then and still would now.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm not the kind of guy to wish injuries on our own players... but Richard is just really begging for it... The frustrating part is that you know this is where we're headed. He will keep getting the bulk of the minutes... He will fail to deliver and he will be warming the bench just like against Memphis last season... wish the Spurs would've amnestied him. He just sucks the soul out of this team.

I Heart Ginobili
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Rgay..... Get the fuck off my team!

timtonymanu
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Should have just let him finish out his 15 million contract and be done with him at the end of last season. Instead we still own him for 2 and a half seasons.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-01-2012, 12:50 AM

Wasn't one of those three pointers after the Tim and Tony tried to trap Rose at the three point lane? If so, the Spurs were running a zone at that time so he was not really responsible for a certain individual. Playing a zone as opposed to playing man to man changes defensive responsibilities so I can't really blame him on that particular set. I cant speak for the other open three as I dont recall that particular play.
I thought JVG made an excellent comment on the long missed rebound that seemed to be a missed 50-50 ball on RJ side of the floor. JVG pointed out that it wasnt really RJ's fault as his responsibility had changed due to him blocking out a closing opponent. I'm not sure most fans would pick up on this type of responsibility as most fans only watch basketball and have not played or coached. Instead fans just seem to place blame on certain players.

z0sa
03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Dude is a gigantic scrub and one of the most overpaid dicks in the Nba

crc21209
03-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Not only RJ, but WTF was Pop thinking having Bonner and then Blair out there to close the game alongside TD? No Splitter? Really?!? Epic Fail....

MI21
03-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Typical Jefferson game rolls along like this.

1st quarter - Makes a couple of jumpshots off of screens, maybe a baseline 3, plays barely passable defense

2nd quarter - Shit

3rd quarter - Shit

4th quarter - You know the man is in during crunch. Doesn't close out shooters, stands in the corner, will hit occasional 3 if the team is already up

Rinse and repeat.

MI21
03-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Not only RJ, but WTF was Pop thinking having Bonner and then Blair out there to close the game alongside TD? No Splitter? Really?!? Epic Fail....

Pop stuffed up big time when he took a red-hot Gary Neal out with around 4 minutes left for Richard Jefferson. Korver was still out there for the Bulls and he had done nothing which is a fine matchup for Neal to handle on both ends.

Pop subs him out, Spurs stagnate a little and the Bulls score 5 to get breathing room. Game over right then, tbh.

The Truth #6
03-01-2012, 01:29 AM
The Spurs got RJ because of his once "great" ability to get to the free throw line to get points and with the hopes that he would return to being a solid defensive player, which is hilarious now to think of. And after we amnesty him, he could easily go to a contending team for a low salary as like an 8th or 9th man and come in and hit 3 pointers and totally fill that role and make some other team happy. But for now for what this team needs...this is just depressing. After he got that contract he basically went into retirement unofficially and now just shows up for games to stay in shape.

therealtruth
03-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Pop hates to own up to his mistakes. Jefferson's contributions aren't worth what he's paid. At the same time instead of acquiring RJ the front office should have been looking for a big. Since '07 Splitter is all they have come up with. And to make matters worse Pop is afraid to play him.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2012, 04:11 AM
been tryin to showcase him all year, dude is fkn dead weight...

why dont they just leave him at home and give his minutes to developing someone...

pop plays him to form a mismatch, but he does shit all nothing while on the court...

venitian navigator
03-01-2012, 05:05 AM
...the point is that he looks disinterested...
That's not excusable, also if in part understandable, after the past summer, when we made him undestand he wasn't in the team long term plans (at the pont we advised him there was a strong chance hw could have been amnistied).
What it's not understandable, is his behavior after that our team have made him richer than he was thanks to the contract he had before.
I mean, ok that SA has had an advantage, avoiding the lux tax, but is also true that the decision, the way it as has been made, has been to pay the some amount of the lux tax to RJ instead than to the league.
Just for that, RJ should be ethernally thankful to our FO and try to improve every game : after his last bad season there was no nba team going to give him a bit of the contract he signed thanks to the spurs FO decision.
After all, he's in a team that can still be a contender (that's one of most players dream) and one of the reason that team can fall could be 'cause of his lack of contribution.
Came on RJ : wake up and become what you were expected to be when we signed you!

cheguevara
03-01-2012, 09:23 AM
:lmao told you Dick is the same old Dick when it matters

Amuseddaysleeper
03-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Giving Jefferson that 40M contract has to be one of the worst contract signings of the past 5-10 years. It is STUNNING how after having such a brutal first year with the Spurs they were so desperate to get out of the luxury tax that they resign him for 40 million more.

People were saying the Spurs had no better option at the 3 spot, but even Malik Hairston should deserve all of RJ's minutes. I think half the D-league would make more of those minutes than RJ.

Spurs are fucked.

Bruno
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
When/if everybody will be healthy, someone will end up in the doghouse. That's just the number law.

Given what they have shown this year, RJ doesn't deserve to play over Green, Leonard or Neal. RJ is the one who deserves to end up not playing. Saying that, Splitter wasn't certainly last year the one bigman who deserved to end up in the doghouse and Pop strangely made that choice.

manufan10
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Wasn't one of those three pointers after the Tim and Tony tried to trap Rose at the three point lane? If so, the Spurs were running a zone at that time so he was not really responsible for a certain individual. Playing a zone as opposed to playing man to man changes defensive responsibilities so I can't really blame him on that particular set. I cant speak for the other open three as I dont recall that particular play.

The problem with this play was that he sagged way too far into the paint. By the time Rose kicked the ball out, there was no way Jefferson could get back in time to really contest the shot. The other bad thing was that Neal had already sagged into the paint, so both guys were there and left no one to cover Deng.

purist
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I thought JVG made an excellent comment on the long missed rebound that seemed to be a missed 50-50 ball on RJ side of the floor. JVG pointed out that it wasnt really RJ's fault as his responsibility had changed due to him blocking out a closing opponent. I'm not sure most fans would pick up on this type of responsibility as most fans only watch basketball and have not played or coached. Instead fans just seem to place blame on certain players.

What? Actual logic and basketball understanding entered into the discussion? Thanks for the real breakdown. Much more meaningful and worth reading than the usual knee-jerk crap that gets posted on here.

Dr Cox
03-01-2012, 12:32 PM
i can only think because of size is why he is in....i guess : /

DMC
03-02-2012, 01:54 AM
So we amnesty RJ's ass, and next year he has a 30pt game playing with the Suns or some shit. Then some low rent genetic mishap starts a thread "Why Did We Let Him Go!?!?"