PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing crowd

GrandeDavid
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Wow, this is worse than the Boston game I attended in San Antonio last year. It's almost like a neutral court there are so many fair-weathered and possibly fake Bulls fans in the house. I'm sure less than 5% of them are even from the Midwest. Spurs botched a big one tonight. Would've been nice seeing all those red jersies go home silently.

dav4463
02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
They are not Bulls fans. They are Rose and Jordan fans. Same thing when LA is here. They are Kobe or Magic fans, not Laker fans. LeBron fans show up for the Heat.

Some guys are fans of certain athletes. They probably couldn't name five other players on the team they supposedly follow.

Juggity
02-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah, that was actually pretty shameful.

DesignatedT
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Boston,Chicago,LAL. These games are like this every year. Miami is probably the same way now although I haven't seem them at home yet.

CGD
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Jeesh, probably expect some of the same when the Knicks come in. I can see the Lin groupies now.

GSH
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
If we still had any REAL Baseline Bums, they would have thrown beers on em.

Juggity
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
I guess it's not as bad as when the Lakers come to town, since the Lakers are conference rivals, and there are a ton of Lakerfans in San Antonio, but it's still pretty lame that the Chicago crowd was very clearly audible every time the Bulls brought the ball up the court.

Basketball Power
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Bulls were cheered as loudly as the spurs tonight

Pathetic display and embarrassing

DesignatedT
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Spurs fans dont get up until the playoffs. Been that way for a decade now

gospursgojas
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Bulls were cheered as loudly as the spurs tonight

Pathetic display and embarrassing

You should have yelled louder then.

Reck
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
I was confused myself. I thought they were playing in Chicago.

Ditty
03-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah I was at the game tonight there was a shit load of them, they finally came out 15 years after Michael Jordan left, but I work with a couple of people, and know a few that are from Chicago, I guess they got tired of the weather.

Johnny RIngo
03-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Spurs fans dont get up until the playoffs. Been that way for a decade now

Not really true seeing as Spurs don't even sell out playoff games anymore.

Barfunk
03-01-2012, 12:26 AM
We played tough on the road tonight. Not scared of Chicago.

Spur|n|Austin
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
we played tough on the road tonight. Not scared of chicago.

ih-35?

slayermin
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm sure San Antonio has a few thousand transplants from Chicago. I know at least five of them myself.

crc21209
03-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Nothing you can do about bandwagon fans, tbh. Like it's been said in this thread, anytime Boston, LA, Chicago, and now Miami are in town, theres always going to be bandwagon fans. There were tons of LA fans against Dallas in Dallas 2 weeks ago. It happens in every city....

Buddy Holly
03-01-2012, 01:02 AM
It's less about Chicago bandwagoners and more about Chicago transplants living in SA now. A shit ton of them have moved here in the past 10 years and they're a proud and loyal bunch.

Proxy
03-01-2012, 01:42 AM
It fucking sucked. I had no idea what to do when they started MVP chants every time Rose made a play. It fucking sucked. I held down my area best I could, but those fuckers were as bad as LA fans tbh.

rascal
03-01-2012, 05:31 AM
ih-35?

Why do people from Texas have to say IH-35.
Just call it I-35 like the rest of the country.

Basketball Power
03-01-2012, 07:35 AM
MVP chants for rose made me realize why players don't want to come to SA

urunobili
03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Watching it on TV and hearing the Bulls cheers was embarrassing...

alamo50
03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Pathetic.

GSH
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Why do people from Texas have to say IH-35.
Just call it I-35 like the rest of the country.

Why do people from other parts of the country have to be dicks about stuff like that? You all have your share of quirks, believe me.

Like the people in California always say THE 101, or THE 405. "Yeah, just go down to the 405 and head east." What's that about? It's sort of like going to THE Wal-Mart.

And people in New York always say stuff like, "Get off the fuckin' road."

We don't give you shit about it. You're pretty thin-skinned if that bothers you that much.

purist
03-01-2012, 11:45 AM
after seeing the types of comments so-called Spurs fans post on here, why would anyone be surprised at the fair-weathered nature of those in attendance at the ATT?

JRHernandez88
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Dam that shit pisses me off so bad. Is this what our city's come to. Seems like our city jumps on a new teams bandwagon every yeAr can't stand that shit I feel sorry for Timmy and them getting embarassed in their own house. Makes us look real bad.

Solid D
03-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Quite a few companies have call centers and data centers in San Antonio. Cheaper labor and power (for data centers). Housing is cheaper. Lots of transplants...not to mention the military retirees who come to SA.

You can't blame people for spending the extra money to buy tickets for entertainment. The biggest culprits, regarding opposing team support, are the ticket holders who use their seats as a source of income. There were many, many Bulls fans sitting in prime, lower-level seats.

sabar
03-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I was at the game and we pretty much played on the road. Nothing like getting booed at the free throw line on your home court. Refs were under zero pressure too.

There were only like two times during the game where the home crowd actually got loud enough to make it seem like a home game.

My section in the upper deck was like 50/50 split of fans with some lamer starting MVP chants for Rose every play.

Biernutz
03-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Most of the Bulls fans are ESPN bandwagon jumpers. ESPN pushes about 5 NBA teams and thats all you hear on sports center. Same with Fakers, Heat, Boston and now the Knicks. I am sure you will see a lot on NY fans when the play here next. Where were the fans for the Bulls when Jordan left? ESPN and the NBA pushes "stars" not teams. Thats' why you saw so many bandwagon Bulls fans last night. I had them sit in front on me, behind me, on the same row. It sucks because so many of them act like total assholes. Like your weekend Dallas and Houston fans when they come to a game here. There is a lot of scalped and non season ticket seats in the arena now. I have someone different seating next to me every game in our lower level seats. One thing I have noticed is that in the 2nd round of the playoffs, Spurs fans hold on to their tickets go to the games.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
that's why I fucking hate big market teams/cities

lolwut?

tmtcsc
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
A lot of people have moved here from up north. I think it's because of the economy, people are moving here thinking there is a shit load of work.

Lots of them move here because they hate the cold weather. Then, they decide they hate San Antonio because it lacks a vibrant live-music scene and move to Austin. And then finally, they live with their own and put up with the vagrants at every other street corner asking for handouts.

DJB
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
It fucking sucked. I had no idea what to do when they started MVP chants every time Rose made a play. It fucking sucked. I held down my area best I could

Awesome. :toast

pgardn
03-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Quite a few companies have call centers and data centers in San Antonio. Cheaper labor and power (for data centers). Housing is cheaper. Lots of transplants...not to mention the military retirees who come to SA.

You can't blame people for spending the extra money to buy tickets for entertainment. The biggest culprits, regarding opposing team support, are the ticket holders who use their seats as a source of income. There were many, many Bulls fans sitting in prime, lower-level seats.

This.

Nailed...

Trill Clinton
03-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Those same fans will be wearing Bobcats jerseys when Charlotte comes in town.

GrandeDavid
03-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Pathetic.

Jurgen, that sums it up well!

GrandeDavid
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM

Well, I'm not sure they'll go that far, but I do see your point!

GrandeDavid
03-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I was at the game and we pretty much played on the road. Nothing like getting booed at the free throw line on your home court. Refs were under zero pressure too.

There were only like two times during the game where the home crowd actually got loud enough to make it seem like a home game.

My section in the upper deck was like 50/50 split of fans with some lamer starting MVP chants for Rose every play.

I was stunned at the Boston game last year and was there about tenth row and saw a river of green. Last night's game was a sea of red. And yes, folks, I yell myself hoarse for the Spurs at games. Not the players faults. Spurs fans need to get up for home games because it might be awhile before we're serious contenders after this year!

GrandeDavid
03-01-2012, 09:40 PM

Agreed. Season tix holders making smart money.

gospursgojas
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Idk why this is so pathetic for Spurs fans.

The bandwagon Bulls fans who have no idea who Marcus Fizer or Eddie Curry is are the pathetic ones.

Buddy Holly
03-02-2012, 12:11 AM

You're an idiot.

Buddy Holly
03-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Idk why this is so pathetic for Spurs fans.

The bandwagon Bulls fans who have no idea who Marcus Fizer or Eddie Curry is are the pathetic ones.

I'm just wondering why they're being called bandwagon fans? Just because they decided to pay money not to see a pathetic lose? Because they're fans and the bulls are finally good? Bandwagon in what sense? I hate that they were there too but what exactly do you know personally about those people that makes them bandwagon fans? Are the Spurs fans who cheered louder than Nets fans a couple of weeks ago bandwagon Spurs fans? Or how about the Spurs fans that get loud in Houston? Bandwagon fans? Smh

DMC
03-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I'm just wondering why they're being called bandwagon fans? Just because they decided to pay money not to see a pathetic lose? Because they're fans and the bulls are finally good? Bandwagon in what sense? I hate that they were there too but what exactly do you know personally about those people that makes them bandwagon fans? Are the Spurs fans who cheered louder than Nets fans a couple of weeks ago bandwagon Spurs fans? Or how about the Spurs fans that get loud in Houston? Bandwagon fans? Smh
Sorry, but a Bulls team at full strength barely beat a Spurs team with it's best player sidelined, it's best defender sidelined, it's best center just back from injury, and it's backup PG just back from injury.

I wouldn't call SA's game pathetic. It's not like the Bulls went all Portland on them.

DMC
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
I was stunned at the Boston game last year and was there about tenth row and saw a river of green. Last night's game was a sea of red. And yes, folks, I yell myself hoarse for the Spurs at games. Not the players faults. Spurs fans need to get up for home games because it might be awhile before we're serious contenders after this year!
We're not serious contenders this year, fyi.

The ADMIRAL 50
03-02-2012, 01:55 AM

I wouldnt be so sure.

When a team is top 4 in the league, has only one glaring weakness (frontline depth, something Miami has even worse) and is essentially going to be adding a top 20 player (if he gets to full strength) for nothing, I would call them serious contenders.

Part of being a fan is believing in your team. Pessimism, or even pragmatism, takes the fun out of fanhood. Enjoy our success and hope for the best, whether we are or we aren't we are certainly in the last throes of one hell of a run. Enjoy it. :toast

Proxy
03-02-2012, 01:56 AM

So you're going to point out that a contender needed Manu and Kawhi out among other things to win, and then follow up by saying the Spurs aren't contenders? Pick a fucking side and stick with it. Stop being such an insecure coward.

DMC
03-02-2012, 01:58 AM
So you're going to point out that a contender needed Manu and Kawhi out among other things to win, and then follow up by saying the Spurs aren't contenders? Pick a fucking side and stick with it. Stop being such an insecure coward.

The contender in the East had it. Whether they needed it or not I cannot say.

Lol, truth has no friends.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 02:01 AM
I wouldnt be so sure.

When a team is top 4 in the league, has only one glaring weakness (frontline depth, something Miami has even worse) and is essentially going to be adding a top 20 player (if he gets to full strength) for nothing, I would call them serious contenders.

Part of being a fan is believing in your team. Pessimism, or even pragmatism, takes the fun out of fanhood. Enjoy our success and hope for the best, whether we are or we aren't we are certainly in the last throes of one hell of a run. Enjoy it. :toast

What a retarded mentality.

DMC
03-02-2012, 02:04 AM
I wouldnt be so sure.

It doesn't take the fun out of it for me. I am a fan of the game 1st and foremost, and intentionally deluding myself in order to remain interested in the team is not something I will ever do. I remain interested regardless, but I know we are not serious contenders, not as long as RJ, Blair and Bonner continue to get serious playing time.

Keepin' it real
03-02-2012, 09:26 AM
If this really bothers you and you live in or near San Antonio, buy tickets :greedy:greedy, go to the games. And as someone else already pointed out, if you're a season ticket holder, don't sell your seats to fans of the other team. Be part of the solution, not part of the "problem."

GrandeDavid
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM

If the Spurs manage to enter the playoffs unusually healthy, sure they are. I didn't say locks, I said contenders.

gospursgojas
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM

Bc they are ONLY fans of the bulls bc they are good now. I doubt there are that many Chicago transplants and true bulls fans in San Antonio. IMO most of those fans are fans from here that probably liked the Lakers in 08 09 and now like the bulls in 10 12.

Biernutz
03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Until D Rose showed up for the Bulls they hardly had a fan at the arena wearing colors. Same for Boston until they got Garnett. The fans were few and far. They just didn't show up to the games. Now they are back. I would say now where are all the Houston fans? Now that they have a crappy team you don't have the loud mouth rockets fan here. I rember that one of the hardest Spurs tickets to get was Jordans Bulls game at the Dome. You had 35,000 at the game with a lot of Bulls fans because the were the world champs and got on TV all the time. This just has not happened to the Spurs because we are far from a media center like New York. Small Market. ESPN won't push us because we are not sexy. We are just boring and win all the time. We don't make it easy for the talking heads to do their jobs so look just at the Linsanty. I rest my case----------

JustinJDW
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see how many Bulls fan there were when I turned on the game. It seemed like it was pretty much 50/50.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
It was fuckin humiliating basically. And all of you in San Antonio should be fuckin ashamed. Fake ass fans. Every time San Antonio is in Colorado I am there, cheering loud and clear with all my Spurs gear on. I don't care if people insult me, yell at me, throw shit at me. I am there for the team. You guys aren't even there for them in your own city.

Keepin' it real
03-03-2012, 08:20 AM
listen fuckheads, the economy in san antonio aka north mexico is shitty and no one can afford tickets to watch a fucking game. so stop bitching cuz san antonio is poor as fuck and there is no expendable money in anyones pockets to watch a shitty ass half excused nba asterisk season. especially when this is the same roster that got bitch slapped in round 1 last season by memphis.

The economy in San Antonio is shitty? Not according to the experts. So what's your next excuse? http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddk45edeml/1-san-antonio-tx-2/#gallerycontent

Giuseppe
03-03-2012, 08:45 AM
It was fuckin humiliating basically.

:lmao

Magua
03-03-2012, 01:55 PM
It was fuckin humiliating basically. And all of you in San Antonio should be fuckin ashamed. Fake ass fans. Every time San Antonio is in Colorado I am there, cheering loud and clear with all my Spurs gear on. I don't care if people insult me, yell at me, throw shit at me. I am there for the team. You guys aren't even there for them in your own city.

This guy is 100% right. We all know there ain't shit else to do in that town, so no excuses, tbh.

pgardn
03-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Yeah.

I wanna go see a game where I cant even get my knees out of the persons back in front of me and pay 8 dollars for a damn beer.

STF up.

Its much better on the flat screen with my own real beer at 8 bucks a six pack.

By a fkkn ticket and fly down here for every game if you dont like it.

rasho8
03-03-2012, 05:35 PM
If I have a friend who is a big fan of a team then I will give them my tickets to that game. I see the Spurs all the time, they can only see their team once. So that's why there were Bulls fans in my seats :)

ThaBigFundamental21
03-03-2012, 05:37 PM
This guy is 100% right. We all know there ain't shit else to do in that town, so no excuses, tbh.

Thank you. I'm just saying, the Spurs have put a great product on the floor for 15 years straight now or so. Small market and all. And now no one appreciates it??? Some losing seasons in the near future could really wake people up to see how lucky they have been witnessing an all time great at work. (Duncan) Not every city gets to witness greatness. What makes it worse is the run is near the end and people can't even appreciate the twilight. Send Tim out heralded as he deserves. You will never find a classier champion or MVP.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-03-2012, 05:38 PM
If I have a friend who is a big fan of a team then I will give them my tickets to that game. I see the Spurs all the time, they can only see their team once. So that's why there were Bulls fans in my seats :)

Fuck you.

Proxy
03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I was pretty shocked to see how many Bulls fan there were when I turned on the game. It seemed like it was pretty much 50/50.

It was more like 60/40... still embarrassing though. More embarrassing because I was there and I'm not exaggerating.

rasho8
03-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Fuck you.

Haters gonna hate. :whine

ThaBigFundamental21
03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Haters gonna hate. :whine

You are right, I am going to hate. When you give home tickets away to some fans of the visiting team. :flag:

ThaBigFundamental21
03-03-2012, 06:27 PM
It was more like 60/40... still embarrassing though. More embarrassing because I was there and I'm not exaggerating.

And here I was proud because the Spurs Nuggets game was about 1/4 Spurs fans. This game just made us look silly.

pgardn
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Jesus...

Dont worry about the damn fans. Just enjoy the game. We are lucky to have such a good team for so many years. Some people just like to watch good basketball and dont give a flying flip about cheering.

San Antonio is a laid back place. Maybe we could riot if we win another championship and then you would think we care.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Jesus...

Dont worry about the damn fans. Just enjoy the game. We are lucky to have such a good team for so many years. Some people just like to watch good basketball and dont give a flying flip about cheering.

San Antonio is a laid back place. Maybe we could riot if we win another championship and then you would think we care.

Yeah because your ignorant comment makes sense, and has everything to do with everything. LA, about the most laid back city on the planet, they don't riot when the Lakers bring it home. But they sure as hell support their team every game. They don't let Chicago take their house over. There is not point to being a fan of anything if you can't cheer moron.

SequSpur
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
D Rose is bad ass.

GD, this shit has been like this for years. A fucking library has more noise.

With all do respect, the baseline bums suck. You guys are just filling up fucking seats. You can't even hear you all, you are probably too old to cheer.

Anyways...D Rose could beat the Spurs by himself.

It's going to be sad if the spurs make the finals and get destroyed by Miami or Chicago every game.