PDA

View Full Version : Encouraged by the loss.....

MarHill
02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Loss by 7 and played w/o Manu and Kawhi and was working TJ Ford and Tiago back into game shape. And a off night by Parker. Also, the first game after the All-Star Break while the Bulls played last night.

The Spurs didn't get overwhelmed when the Bulls got physical. Derrick Rose made some great plays. And the Bulls are really good.

Sometimes a loss...can say a lot more about your team than winning.

If the Spurs can stay healthy...they are legit!

:flag:

HarlemHeat37
02-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Bulls on a back-to-back, btw..

This Spurs team is better than last year's, particularly due to Splitter, Leonard, and even Green..however, they still have Bonner, Blair and Jefferson as key rotation players..as long as that's the case, I'm not encouraged by anything..

mexicanjunior
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
The fact that Pop felt Bonner and Jefferson gave us the best chance to win in the clutch was the biggest thing I took from this game...

spurbyheart
02-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Loss by 7 and played w/o Manu and Kawhi and was working TJ Ford and Tiago back into game shape. And a off night by Parker. Also, the first game after the All-Star Break while the Bulls played last night.

The Spurs didn't get overwhelmed when the Bulls got physical. Derrick Rose made some great plays. And the Bulls are really good.

Sometimes a loss...can say a lot more about your team than winning.

If the Spurs can stay healthy...they are legit!

:flag: I agree

timtonymanu
02-29-2012, 11:50 PM
HH is right. Bonner, Blair, and RJ are still key rotation players and two of them closed out the game tonight.

We couldn't get stops down the stretch. We're better than last year but not enough to really make it far in the playoffs.

MarHill
02-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Every team plays back-to-back and the Spurs had 6 days off. They missed a lot of open shots they were making on the win streak. Basketball is a rhythm game and because the Bulls played last night....they had the rhythm of playing and the Spurs didn't.

They will be fine.

MarHill
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
HH is right. Bonner, Blair, and RJ are still key rotation players and two of them closed out the game tonight.

We couldn't get stops down the stretch. We're better than last year but not enough to really make it far in the playoffs.

uh....there was no Manu and Kawhi. Plus the Spurs were working TJ Ford and Tiago back into the rotation.

Dont over react!

timtonymanu
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Not an over reaction at all. Unless we are blessed enough to get a decent starting big next to Timmy, this team is going nowhere. It's been obvious all year.

mexicanjunior
02-29-2012, 11:56 PM
uh....there was no Manu and Kawhi. Plus the Spurs were working TJ Ford and Tiago back into the rotation.

Dont over react!

It's highly possible Manu will never be right for the remainder of the season...1 injury after another. Kawhi would have been a nice option but I fully believe Jefferson would have been playing those key minutes at the end of the game anyway. Pop must feel guilty for not having a 9 million dollar player on the court when it matters the most...only explanation as to why he continues to force feed him minutes down the stretch.

spurbyheart
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I do think the front office needs to pull the trigger to some how trade to get a big..somehow

ElNono
02-29-2012, 11:57 PM
It's highly possible Manu will never be right for the remainder of the season...1 injury after another.

uh? Based on what?

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:00 AM
uh? Based on what?

This season? He has missed more games than he has played with multiple injuries...

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:01 AM
This season? He has missed more games than he has played with multiple injuries...

None of which are season ending... unless you know something nobody else does...

ffadicted
03-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Frontcourt still needs help, but our wing is amazing and deep... I'm still holding out for a bigman acquisition for legitimate title hopes, but I dig the current team if totally healthy

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Frontcourt still needs help, but our wing is amazing and deep... I'm still holding out for a bigman acquisition for legitimate title hopes, but I dig the current team if totally healthy

Richard Jefferson is amazing????

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:04 AM
None of which are season ending... unless you know something nobody else does...

None so far have been season ending but the odds seem more likely for the injuries to keep happening at this point. It's been about 5 years since he has started and made it to through a playoff run without an injury after all...

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:06 AM
It's highly possible Manu will never be right for the remainder of the season...1 injury after another. Kawhi would have been a nice option but I fully believe Jefferson would have been playing those key minutes at the end of the game anyway. Pop must feel guilty for not having a 9 million dollar player on the court when it matters the most...only explanation as to why he continues to force feed him minutes down the stretch.

Again if Manu was playing it would have made a difference. As good as the Bulls difference, the Spurs missed shots they made during the win streak.

6 days off from the All-Star Break and the Bulls played last night. Basketball is a rhythm game and the Spurs were a little off. I'm encouraged because of that.

Rotations will change when everybody gets back...we all know that.

The Bulls only shot 42% from the field and had 15 turnovers.

Those things are encouraging. Because the Spurs were not doing that last year.

Fans tend to over react to wins and losses.....you have to look deeper than that.

Spursfan092120
03-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Bulls on a back-to-back, btw..

This Spurs team is better than last year's, particularly due to Splitter, Leonard, and even Green..however, they still have Bonner, Blair and Jefferson as key rotation players..as long as that's the case, I'm not encouraged by anything..

9 and 9 tonight..what the fuck are you guys expecting from Blair? Seriously...

Seventyniner
03-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Dallas and Houston both lost too, along with a Clippers loss last night. The Spurs don't need to win out to stay in the top 3 or 4, and the schedule only gets easier from here.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2012, 12:09 AM
thread fails

with or without manu/KL, the same wankers thats been shitting on this team continues to play like it...im talkin about blair, rj, anderson...it doesnt really make a difference cause pop loves them

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:10 AM

Every one keeps asking a for big man.

What big man is out there?

The only the Spurs would get a decent big....is to trade Tony Parker. And that is not happening no matter how some Spurs fans want to.

Yes..there are serviceable bigs....but the Spurs have tried that route from Gooden, Kurt Thomas, Elson, and so on.

I don't see a good big as an insurance policy coming to the Spurs unless a team decides to buy that player out.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:10 AM
None so far have been season ending but the odds seem more likely for the injuries to keep happening at this point. It's been about 5 years since he has started and made it to through a playoff run without an injury after all...

He was healthy for 79 out of possible 88 games last season...

And Grant Hill crunching his elbow on a meaningless play, or Dirk crushing his nose has nothing to do with injury-prone or anything like that...

tbh, there's a high probability your next post will be as FOS as your last one...

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Rotations will change when everybody gets back...we all know that.

This is where you are reaching for straws...If Manu and Leonard were available to play (big IF on Manu btw), Manu would have taken Neal's minutes, Jefferson and Bonner would still have been playing down the stretch. Pop hasn't shown the trust to finish out games with his best defensive teams all season...no reason to expect he would start now.

Sean Cagney
Dallas and Houston both lost too, along with a Clippers loss last night. The Spurs don't need to win out to stay in the top 3 or 4, and the schedule only gets easier from here.

I hope so bro........... I hope so.

ElNono
9 and 9 tonight..what the fuck are you guys expecting from Blair? Seriously...

To play much bigger than he is and stop the offensive rebounding parade for the other team... Unfortunately, he ain't getting any taller

Reck
03-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Same here.

Spurs played some inspired basketball tonight. A rested Timmy is a dangerous one.

Tony played well, Splitter too.

I'm just worried about his handling skills.

We contended and that's what it takes.

This was a feel good loss. Spurs somewhat pass the test tonight.

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:12 AM
thread fails

with or without manu/KL, the same wankers thats been shitting on this team continues to play like it...im talkin about blair, rj, anderson...it doesnt really make a difference cause pop loves them

Thread doesn't fail...obviously you are being overreact fan to every win and loss.

And if the Spurs won...you would have probably post the Spurs would win it all and sweep the Heat or Bulls finals. LOL!

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Same here.

Spurs played some inspired basketball tonight. A rested Timmy is a dangerous one.

Tony played well, Splitter too.

I'm just worried about his handling skills.

We contended and that's what it takes.

This was a feel good loss. Spurs somewhat pass the test tonight.

Thanks! Some actual common sense on a thread...what a concept!

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2012, 12:14 AM
blairs stats tonight is all fools gold nothing but a lie

those offensive reb tip-ins if they go in, you all praise him, if he misses you all give him the shit

but he does alot of bullshit plays and attempts on offensive rebs just to pad his stats, when he can just grab the reb down and go back up instead of his stupid tip-ins

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:15 AM
He was healthy for 79 out of possible 88 games last season...

And Grant Hill crunching his elbow on a meaningless play, or Dirk crushing his nose has nothing to do with injury-prone or anything like that...

tbh, there's a high probability your next post will be as FOS as your last one...

tbh, there is no point trying to respond to someone with Manu's dick so far down his throat that he can't see the injury report...tbh.

If you want to bank on Manu coming back healthy and not missing another game this season to magically lead the playoff push...have at it. Blind optimism is a powerful drug...

Robz4000
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Spurs did better than I thought they would tonight. They had no answer for Rose with Tony having a bad shooting night. Get Leonard in there and maybe you have a defender that can handle him a bit. Keep in mind the Bulls were getting help from the refs all night anyway. Shouldn't see as much of that in the playoffs.

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
This is where you are reaching for straws...If Manu and Leonard were available to play (big IF on Manu btw), Manu would have taken Neal's minutes, Jefferson and Bonner would still have been playing down the stretch. Pop hasn't shown the trust to finish out games with his best defensive teams all season...no reason to expect he would start now.

You just wrote in your response...the change to the rotation when Manu and Kawhi. Also, the fact that TJ and Tiago were coming back from injury as well. Nobody is reaching for straws.

But if you can't see that a team having 6 days off and another playing a back-to-back from the All Star game and not understanding that basketball is rhythm game.....then there's really nothing more to write.

timtonymanu
03-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Every one keeps asking a for big man.

What big man is out there?

The only the Spurs would get a decent big....is to trade Tony Parker. And that is not happening no matter how some Spurs fans want to.

Yes..there are serviceable bigs....but the Spurs have tried that route from Gooden, Kurt Thomas, Elson, and so on.

I don't see a good big as an insurance policy coming to the Spurs unless a team decides to buy that player out.

That's really what's making me skeptical about this team going far. I just don't think this team could win a championship with Blair in the starting lineup. I do agree, it's going to be hard to find a serviceable big to start next to Timmy. We just have to live with what we got.

I hope Pop nuts up and benches RJ when Kawhi comes back. That would be one upgrade already.

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:19 AM
You just wrote in your response...the change to the rotation when Manu and Kawhi. Also, the fact that TJ and Tiago were coming back from injury as well. Nobody is reaching for straws.

But if you can't see that a team having 6 days off and another playing a back-to-back from the All Star game and not understanding that basketball is rhythm game.....then there's really nothing more to write.

Manu would have played in place of Neal...Jefferson and Bonner (the main reason for this loss) would have still been on the court...what part of this are you not understanding?

Silver lining Spurs fan just silver lining tbh...

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:20 AM
That's really what's making me skeptical about this team going far. I just don't think this team could win a championship with Blair in the starting lineup. I do agree, it's going to be hard to find a serviceable big to start next to Timmy. We just have to live with what we got.

I hope Pop nuts up and benches RJ when Kawhi comes back. That would be one upgrade already.

Now, I would agree with that about Blair starting next to Timmy. But, Pop played Tiago and Tim together tonight for a few minutes. And considering that Tiago is coming back from injury and was definitely winded.

I can see a possibility of them playing more together in the 2nd half of season.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:21 AM
tbh, there is no point trying to respond to someone with Manu's dick so far down his throat that he can't see the injury report...tbh.

:lol ofcourse you're not going to respond. Let's see the injury report...

lol high probability

If you want to bank on Manu coming back healthy and not missing another game this season to magically lead the playoff push...have at it. Blind optimism is a powerful drug...

I don't think this Spurs team as constructed now has the tools for a deep playoff run, regardless of Manu's health (or anybody else's health tbh)...

That doesn't mean there's a high probability you're just talking out of your ass...

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:22 AM
I can see a possibility of them playing more together in the 2nd half of season.

Been hoping for that all year...Tiago getting hurt just made the chances of it more unlikely since it proves what Pop has been saying all along as the reason he doesn't get more minutes. Thinking Tiago is going to suddenly make Pop forget Bonner and Blair are on the team is a pipe dream.

MarHill
03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Manu would have played in place of Neal...Jefferson and Bonner (the main reason for this loss) would have still been on the court...what part of this are you not understanding?

Silver lining Spurs fan just silver lining tbh...

What are you not understanding?

The Mavs lost on the first game after the All Star Break to the Nets of all teams. It happens.

The fact that this team won 8 out of 9 on the road when most Spurs fans thought they go 5-4 or 6-3 and they were in great rhythm.

Again....rhythm and basketball they go together. The Bulls played last night and were able to get a rhythm and could go into a game with it.

The Spurs did miss some open shots and that they were making a week to ten days ago.

That's my point...:bang

celldweller
03-01-2012, 12:25 AM
........if Blair would of made at least half of his put-backs, we might of won! (Memo to Pop....Blair is too short for a big)
........If Jefferson would of stayed on the Bench the entire game, we might of won! (Memo to Pop....Jefferson Sucks)

........If Pop would of put Splitter in the end, we might of won!

If if if if if.......!

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:27 AM
:lol ofcourse you're not going to respond. Let's see the injury report...

lol high probability

I don't think this Spurs team as constructed now has the tools for a deep playoff run, regardless of Manu's health (or anybody else's health tbh)...

That doesn't mean there's a high probability you're just talking out of your ass...

So has it been 5 years since Manu was healthy through a full playoff run or not? You just skipped right through that one... :lol

Fluke injuries are still injuries, no matter how unlucky the broken nose or elbow was. That isn't even taking into account him missing the majority of this season, coming back and then going right back out with a different injury. So what are you saying...that his injuries so far this season have only made it more likely he will stay healthy the remainder of the season? :rollin

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:29 AM
What are you not understanding?

The Mavs lost on the first game after the All Star Break to the Nets of all teams. It happens.

The fact that this team won 8 out of 9 on the road when most Spurs fans thought they go 5-4 or 6-3 and they were in great rhythm.

Again....rhythm and basketball they go together. The Bulls played last night and were able to get a rhythm and could go into a game with it.

The Spurs did miss some open shots and that they were making a week to ten days ago.

That's my point...:bang

If you want to ignore Pop's rotations in the 4th and just be happy about the loss...I won't take it away from you. Congrats on the morale victory bro... :toast

jjktkk
03-01-2012, 12:35 AM
........if Blair would of made at least half of his put-backs, we might of won! (Memo to Pop....Blair is too short for a big)
........If Jefferson would of stayed on the Bench the entire game, we might of won! (Memo to Pop....Jefferson Sucks)

........If Pop would of put Splitter in the end, we might of won!

If if if if if.......!

Did you really expect Pop to give big minutes to Splitter tonight, knowing this is his 1st game back since his injury?

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
So has it been 5 years since Manu was healthy through a full playoff run or not? You just skipped right through that one... :lol

I didn't skip anything. Manu getting hurt before or during the playoffs on plays where any other player gets hurt have zero bearing on his chances to be healthy the next playoffs... the odds of Manu getting hurt in the foreseeable future by some random play are no different than they are for any other player not named Richard Jefferson.

Fluke injuries are still injuries, no matter how unlucky the broken nose or elbow was. That isn't even taking into account him missing the majority of this season, coming back and then going right back out with a different injury. So what are you saying...that his injuries so far this season have only made it more likely he will stay healthy the remainder of the season? :rollin

I'm saying the probabilities of Manu being healthy for a stretch of consecutive games are no different than they were last season...

But I should take your word on your 'odds' because you can see the future... :lmao

Where's that injury report, BTW? :lmao

jjktkk
03-01-2012, 12:41 AM
If you want to ignore Pop's rotations in the 4th and just be happy about the loss...I won't take it away from you. Congrats on the morale victory bro... :toast

Theres a good chance Pop's rotations would of been different tonight if not for a few injuries to key players. Are you normally this melodramatic over a regular season loss?

Rapper
03-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Derrick Rose is reigning MVP and in his prime

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Where's that injury report, BTW? :lmao

Here you go...just Manu being Manu tbh... :lol

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6547250/Pics/injury.jpg

If you don't think 5 years of injuries is an indicator of future problems, than there is no point in even responding to you anymore. Cheers on another injury free Manu campaign because he is an iron man after all... :toast

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Theres a good chance Pop's rotations would of been different tonight if not for a few injuries to key players. Are you normally this melodramatic over a regular season loss?

Not really, is the OP usually this Pollyanna after a regular season loss?

slayermin
03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
It was great to see TJ and Splitter out there.

SpurPadre
03-01-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't mean to antagonize my fellow Spurs fans here as a new guy but I'm not encouraged by the loss in the sense that the Bulls were coming off a back-to-back and arrived late to town today to boot after scraping by to beat a lowly Hornets team. And I was disappointed in the 4th quarter disappearing act where the team had to rely on Neal to bail them (especially TP). It's a bad loss where we have to use the "it would've been different with Manu" card to justify it.

SpurPadre
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
It was great to see TJ and Splitter out there.

I'll give you that and TJ made some really nice passes, too. It's good to have a competent back-up PG again.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Here you go...just Manu being Manu tbh... :lol

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6547250/Pics/injury.jpg

If you don't think 5 years of injuries is an indicator of future problems, than there is no point in even responding to you anymore. Cheers on another injury free Manu campaign because he is an iron man after all... :toast

So he isn't out for the season :rolleyes

All players play hurt here and there... I'm sure TD played with ankle/knee/bruises/planar fasciitis, etc over his long career.

Manu only missed one playoff series in his entire career. I just don't use his 'hurt' as an excuse for losing. Phoenix kicked our asses and Manu wasn't the problem there. Memphis beat us fair and square and Manu was one of the best, if not the best Spur player for the series.

This team has had much more fundamental problems the last 5 seasons than a dinged up player, tbh.

The whole "If we had a healthy Manu :cry" is a copout, IMO... He was fine, he played as well as he could and he ain't fixing guys like Udoka, RJ, Bonner or even Hill getting schooled by Nash shitting the bed.

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 01:05 AM
So he isn't out for the season :rolleyes

I didn't say he was...:rolleyes

Just that I wouldn't count on him to stay healthy when he comes back considering the injuries he has had this season so far...combined with his injury history over the last 5 years during the playoffs.

Also, I never said Manu being hurt was the sole reason we have lost in the playoffs since 2007, not sure where you got that take from. His health was certainly a major factor but our lack of interior defense and rebounding has been our achilles heal more than anything.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I didn't say he was...:rolleyes

Just that I wouldn't count on him to stay healthy when he comes back considering the injuries he has had this season so far...combined with his injury history over the last 5 years during the playoffs.

Also, I never said Manu being hurt was the sole reason we have lost in the playoffs since 2007, not sure where you got that take from. His health was certainly a major factor but our lack of interior defense and rebounding has been our achilles heal more than anything.

You said there was a high probability he would be hurt during the playoffs...

I asked you what you based that on... your answer is basically because it has happened before, even though some of those were completely circumstantial injuries (broken nose, hyperextended elbow). Yet Manu played through all of those, and played pretty darned well.

Manu's health was definitely a factor in 2009 when he missed his first and only playoff series. Up to an extent, you could talk me into 2008 also when his ankle gave up against NO, even though he basically closed that series and we had much more problems defending Kobe in the Lakers series.

But that's about it. The rest are just excuses, IMO.

This season's injuries have been pretty standard stuff aswell. Not like he's the first player to hurt his hand. Young Danny Green had an oblique strain while in college.

The only concern I have about Manu is that he gets enough games to get in shape. As far as injuries go, I'm not more concerned about him than I am about any other key player from the Spurs getting hurt.

Injuries, freak or not, are part of the game. The odds of Manu getting hurt again are no different than any other player that plays hard out there. That includes Tim, Tony, Neal, Green, Tiago and a bunch of other guys...

suitedkings
03-01-2012, 01:28 AM
All i know is mexicanjunior has an awesome avatar.

Darkwaters
03-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm not worried about this game. We didn't get blown out of embarrased. We just lost.

You're not going to win every game afterall.

Manufan909
03-01-2012, 01:40 AM
All i know is mexicanjunior has an awesome avatar.

You mean sig, right? If you're a straight chick/gay dude, then maybe you didn't mis-type.:lol

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 10:09 AM
You mean sig, right? If you're a straight chick/gay dude, then maybe you didn't mis-type.:lol

Someone obviously hasn't watched Eastbound and Down... :lol

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 10:11 AM
You said there was a high probability he would be hurt during the playoffs...

I asked you what you based that on... your answer is basically because it has happened before, even though some of those were completely circumstantial injuries (broken nose, hyperextended elbow). Yet Manu played through all of those, and played pretty darned well.

Manu's health was definitely a factor in 2009 when he missed his first and only playoff series. Up to an extent, you could talk me into 2008 also when his ankle gave up against NO, even though he basically closed that series and we had much more problems defending Kobe in the Lakers series.

But that's about it. The rest are just excuses, IMO.

This season's injuries have been pretty standard stuff aswell. Not like he's the first player to hurt his hand. Young Danny Green had an oblique strain while in college.

The only concern I have about Manu is that he gets enough games to get in shape. As far as injuries go, I'm not more concerned about him than I am about any other key player from the Spurs getting hurt.

Injuries, freak or not, are part of the game. The odds of Manu getting hurt again are no different than any other player that plays hard out there. That includes Tim, Tony, Neal, Green, Tiago and a bunch of other guys...

Agree to disagree then...I think a 5 year trend + his injuries this year + a condensed schedule is enough for me to assume he will not be 100% during the playoffs...fluke or not.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Agree to disagree then...I think a 5 year trend + his injuries this year + a condensed schedule is enough for me to assume he will not be 100% during the playoffs...fluke or not.

So there is no 5 year trend, and no "high probability" of anything...

Didn't think there was. :sleep

mexicanjunior
03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
So there is no 5 year trend, and no "high probability" of anything...

Didn't think there was. :sleep

Are you just reading what you want to read in the post? :lol

Here you go to make you feel better...

Manu never gets injured...or in the rare occurrence he does, it is never his fault or due to his body breaking down...always a fluke and he is guaranteed to be healthy come playoff time because the last 5 years have shown he is always at peak physical condition in May-June...:toast

:sleep

Old School 44
03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I agree, definitely encouraged. Chicago is an athletic, young, long, top-rebounding team, yet we still went down to the wire with them.

As far as Manu being injured, it would be one thing if he had the same recurring injury like an ankle, hamstring or foot, but it hasn't been.

The only thing about Manu that would make him more susceptible to injury than anyone else is his style of play. Manu's would probably still dive for a loose ball with surgically repaired hand. That's just Manu being Manu. I'll live with that kind of passion and effort.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Are you just reading what you want to read in the post? :lol

I'm reading your justification for this 'high probability' as you claim...

There's none. Didn't think there was. :sleep

Horse
03-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Not an over reaction at all. Unless we are blessed enough to get a decent starting big next to Timmy, this team is going nowhere. It's been obvious all year.
Then come back next season!

Horse
03-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Spurs did better than I thought they would tonight. They had no answer for Rose with Tony having a bad shooting night. Get Leonard in there and maybe you have a defender that can handle him a bit. Keep in mind the Bulls were getting help from the refs all night anyway. Shouldn't see as much of that in the playoffs.
Finally someone else said it the the refs treated rose like he's jordan. And the bulls playing back to back in this situation after the break was an advantage for them.

therealtruth
03-01-2012, 02:23 PM
I blame coaching more in the playoff losses to the Suns ('10) and Grizzlies ('11). Pop never had a sensible game plan and never adjusted.