PDA

View Full Version : TJ Ford

ElNono
03-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Dude better get in game shape soon... We've no backup PG and the minutes he got tonight, he was awful.

benefactor
03-01-2012, 12:17 AM
First game back tbh. He'll be fine after he gets his legs/chemistry with the second unit back.

Mugen
03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
first half TJ was pretty good, IMO.

Bulls are just a good defensive team that realized TJ is zero threat to score and never helped off anybody else in the 2nd half.

Robz4000
03-01-2012, 12:19 AM
TJ played well in terms of leading the offense. He can't score right now but given time to get into game shape he'll start making baskets.

Spursfan092120
03-01-2012, 12:33 AM
TJ played well in terms of leading the offense. He can't score right now but given time to get into game shape he'll start making baskets.

Cry Havoc
03-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Was this being critical of him, ElNono? This is his first game back dude, and it's not even a system he's really familiar with yet. Sheesh.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Tj played good offensive in the first half. He gave Duncan his first basket.

SpurPadre
03-01-2012, 12:58 AM
I thought he made some cool passes tonight and did great for a guy coming off a tough injury and back to a system he's still new to playing.

ElNono
03-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Was this being critical of him, ElNono? This is his first game back dude, and it's not even a system he's really familiar with yet. Sheesh.

I'm just saying we really need him. In the second half we had 3 consecutive turnovers while he was "running" the offense that prompted Pop to sit his ass and bring Tony back early. He was basically unplayable during that stretch, and if we want to rest Tony a bit, we really need him to catch up.

Manufan909
03-01-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm just saying we really need him. In the second half we had 3 consecutive turnovers while he was "running" the offense that prompted Pop to sit his ass and bring Tony back early. He was basically unplayable during that stretch, and if we want to rest Tony a bit, we really need him to catch up.

Were all 3 of them directly/indirectly his fault?

ElNono
03-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Were all 3 of them directly/indirectly his fault?

Pretty much. Even though he didn't directly turn it over, we just couldn't set up the offense and ended up turning the ball over. Heck, Pop called Tony to the table pretty much right away.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2012, 01:34 AM
I'm not a TJ Ford fan, but I'll give him 2 weeks or so, where he's permitted to play the "rust/rhythm" card..

Darkwaters
03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
The guy has been out for 6 weeks. Plus, counting last night hes only played in 11 Spurs games. Cut the guy some slack and come back in a week or two.

timvp
03-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Regarding TJ, it is interesting that Pop initially when with Neal as the backup point guard. TJ didn't get into the game until that experiment failed.

I wonder if that means Pop actually favors Neal as the backup PG or he was just trying to give TJ an extra game of rest if at all possible. Hmmm.......

Dex
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Regarding TJ, it is interesting that Pop initially when with Neal as the backup point guard. TJ didn't get into the game until that experiment failed.

I wonder if that means Pop actually favors Neal as the backup PG or he was just trying to give TJ an extra game of rest if at all possible. Hmmm.......

Considering Pop's initial comment regarding TJ's return was "we'd like to get him a few minutes if possible", I'd be inclined to think it was the latter case. Probably just trying to bring him back slowly.