03-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Free country? Think again..

nBiJB8YuDBQ

NASCARdad
03-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Free enough for me.

boutons_deux
03-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Stossel is the stereotypical Fox Repug Propsgandizer and bubba rabble rouser.

101A
03-01-2012, 10:12 AM

Didn't watch, I see.

Stossel, obviously, would be a Paul supporter.

Chilling how unfree we actually are.

DarrinS
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Sad how this kind of shit spews forth so naturally from you

boutons_deux
03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Anything from Fox Repug Network is shit, like your brains. Stossel's reputation is impeccably shit

SA210
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Anything from Fox Repug Network is shit, like your brains. Stossel's reputation is impeccably shit

I personally am far from a Stossel fan. I simply can never stand him. But THIS special was actually good. Watch it, give it a chance. I hate Fox News, but still watched what he had to say, and it happened to be a good story for a change.

boutons_deux
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
the exception that proves the rule that Stossel's a rabble rouser.

Being on Fox Repug Progaganda network means that this screed, which you suckers want to say is a gold nugget in a pile of shit, needs to be taken in the context of Fox Repug/VRWC and Stossel's agenda:

all govt is bad, all regulations are bad, so the idea that "everything is illegal" fits into their propaganda that govt overreaches with its laws, aka, kill SEC, kill EPA, kill OSHA, kill IRS, and of course kill the Muslim foreigner America-hatin n!gga.

SA210
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm for ridding the corrupt FDA that's for sure

SA210
03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
the exception that proves the rule that Stossel's a rabble rouser.

Being on Fox Repug Progaganda network means that this screed, which you suckers want to say is a gold nugget in a pile of shit, needs to be taken in the context of Fox Repug/VRWC and Stossel's agenda:

all govt is bad, all regulations are bad, so the idea that "everything is illegal" fits into their propaganda that govt overreaches with its laws, aka, kill SEC, kill EPA, kill OSHA, kill IRS, and of course kill the Muslim foreigner America-hatin n!gga.

Have you watched it?

GSH
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM

You are without a doubt the most hate-filled person I have come across in years. I'm actually starting to pity you, because you obviously can't get a second of relief from the world that frightens you so much.

Warlord23
03-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I personally am far from a Stossel fan. I simply can never stand him. But THIS special was actually good. Watch it, give it a chance. I hate Fox News, but still watched what he had to say, and it happened to be a good story for a change.

Agreed. Fox normally spins an issue to suit their agenda, but this one had a lot of factual material and relatively less spin. It's not about how much regulation is necessary, it's about how regulation is always designed to suit the insiders and the big money players. The little guy always gets the short end of the stick.

The other disturbing part of the narrative is how America, a supposed beacon of democracy and citizens' rights, now has a political, police and judicial system that takes the average citizen for granted and treats him/her as an object of contempt.

boutons_deux
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
"political, police and judicial system that takes the average citizen for granted and treats him/her as an object of contempt"

are you guys having your eyes opened about this by Stossel?

I don't have time to watch it now, but if that's Stossel's msg, yawn, nothing new (for me), and I won't waste my time.

When Hannity, OReilly, Douchey, all the Fox mindless bimbos, etc, start pounding the same msg, I'll drop dead.

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 01:53 PM
The guy is dead-on on the piece of shit drug war in that segment. Sadly, I think if recreational drug use was legalised today Stossel would go off the deep end on the next episode and start bitching about Pfizer not being allowed to show commercials for heroin during the national news.

boutons_deux
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Everybody whines and yells about the govt "illegal everything", regulations, "they took my Freedoms!" (prompted and egged and cheerled by the Repugs, conservatives, Randians, VRWC, UCA) while remaining fat, dumb, and happy about UCA raping your freedom to resonable expectation of privacy:

I'm Being Followed: How Google—and 104 Other Companies—Are Tracking Me on the Web

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/12/02/im-being-followed-how-google-and-104-other-companies-are-tracking-me-on-the-web/253758/

eg, installing an an Apple store app lets the software steal your entire personal information and upload to their servers.

Winehole23
03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
are you aware of how often you change horses in midstream? that is not even close to topical...

SA210
03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
"political, police and judicial system that takes the average citizen for granted and treats him/her as an object of contempt"

are you guys having your eyes opened about this by Stossel?

I don't have time to watch it now, but if that's Stossel's msg, yawn, nothing new (for me), and I won't waste my time.

When Hannity, OReilly, Douchey, all the Fox mindless bimbos, etc, start pounding the same msg, I'll drop dead.

It's not news to me, but definitely surprised me that they actually did a story on it. It' worth watching.

mingus
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
The whole illegalize drugs argument is the one I disagree with him on. I think you legalize drugs and it still gets in the hands of dealers. I don't think dealers lay down their arms and go the legitimate route to make money. I am for legalization at the state level to see how it would play out.

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
The whole illegalize drugs argument is the one I disagree with him on. I think you legalize drugs and it still gets in the hands of dealers. I don't think dealers lay down their arms and go the legitimate route to make money. I am for legalization at the state level to see how it would play out.

Who is going to go buy from street dealers when they can go into Walgreens and get a drug they know isn't cut with novocain or strychnine and get it cheaper on top of that? Virtually no one buys moonshine when you can walk into any liquor store and buy a bottle of gin or whiskey instead. Why would the drugs get in the hands of dealers if they can't make a huge profit there?

mingus
03-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Who is going to go buy from street dealers when they can go into Walgreens and get a drug they know isn't cut with novocain or strychnine and get it cheaper on top of that? Virtually no one buys moonshine when you can walk into any liquor store and buy a bottle of gin or whiskey instead. Why would the drugs get in the hands of dealers if they can't make a huge profit there?

They don't by moonshine because they make enough profit in dealing other drugs. Wall off the illegal drug trade completely and they will break through the wall, not go in a different direction IMO.

Winehole23
03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
break their business model and they'll have to do something else. and?

mingus
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I think they'd just start robbing drug stores and threatening crack addicts to buy from them.

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm not following what you mean by break through the wall. You think crack dealers are going to start burning down pharmacies?

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I think they'd just start robbing drug stores and threatening crack addicts to buy from them.

What's the precedent for thinking that?

ChumpDumper
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
They don't by moonshine because they make enough profit in dealing other drugs..:wtf

z0sa
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM

the former could be defended by these people called cops, which would be a good job for them opposed to arresting and imprisoning Average Joe for residue in his pockets.

the latter happens anyway

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 04:28 PM

I really don't see the second part happening either; fiends have nothing to lose, and thus aren't going to be intimidated when they can get a better high cheaper somewhere else.

Jacob1983
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
How is Stossel a FOX News repug or a Neo-Con? He is a libertarian. He supports the legalization of hoes and the decriminalization of drugs. Even hardcore liberal Democrat Harry Reid is trying to get prostitution banned in the parts in Nevada where it's legal.

JoeChalupa
03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
I've always enjoyed Stossel when he was on ABC.

boutons_deux
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
libertarian of course would be a disaster, since eg, Randian Paul wants to kill off 1/2 of Fed govt regulatory agencies (letting UCA fuck Human-Americans even harder)

johnsmith
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
and I won't waste my time.

:lmao

mingus
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I really don't see the second part happening either; fiends have nothing to lose, and thus aren't going to be intimidated when they can get a better high cheaper somewhere else.

I'm not sure how it would play out. Which is why I am for state experimentation.

mingus
03-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm not following what you mean by break through the wall. You think crack dealers are going to start burning down pharmacies?

I think they would get robbed and I think addicts would fear going to them if dealers are threatening their lives.

z0sa
03-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I think they would get robbed and I think addicts would fear going to them if dealers are threatening their lives.

I assume that part of legalizing street drugs would be tons more $ poured into rehabilitation. The worst crackheads, who actually might get threatened, could be protected and rehabbed for a lot less money than we currently spend.

mingus
03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
the former could be defended by these people called cops, which would be a good job for them opposed to arresting and imprisoning Average Joe for residue in his pockets.

the latter happens anyway

They might not rob the drug stores because they would presumably have heavy security. But as I've said I think they would just threaten the addicts and scare them into not buying from drug stores.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2012, 05:42 PM
They might not rob the drug stores because they would presumably have heavy security. But as I've said I think they would just threaten the addicts and scare them into not buying from drug stores.It's just like what happened after prohibition was repealed!

mingus
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I assume that part of legalizing street drugs would be tons more $ poured into rehabilitation. The worst crackheads, who actually might get threatened, could be protected and rehabbed for a lot less money than we currently spend.

You make a valid point. I just don't think hard drugs should be legalized. I think if you increase the penalties for dealing dope you would purge a lot of this mess. I think dealers should get a 40 year sentence with no chance of parole.

mingus
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
It's just like what happened after prohibition was repealed!

I don't think that analogy works for various reasons.

ChumpDumper
03-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't think that analogy works for various reasons.List them.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Sure and when they did the victim of said crime could go to law enforcement for protection which currently they cannot.