PDA

View Full Version : Spurs on TV in San Antonio?

spurs4me
03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Trying to help elderly parents in San Antonio make a switch from Dish, where they get no Spurs coverage unless it's on a local channel or ESPN.

Can anyone that lives in SA help out with which is best - DirecTV or Time Warner when it comes to watching the Spurs. LP is not an option for them due to cost.

I do not live in SA, but have DirecTV, and get almost all of the Spurs games, but I realize living in SA may be different due to blackout rules.

Any guidance? Thanks so much!

Dex
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Nearly all the games that haven't been nationally televised have been available on Fox Sports Southwest this season. I know Time Warner in SA carries FSNSW, not sure about DirecTV.

Games that aren't on FSNSW should be either on KENS (which they should get locally), or nationally broadcast on ABC or ESPN. Sometimes games end up on NBATV, but those are usually also shown on FSN.

sammy
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Directv is way better than Time Warner Cable hands down.:toast Better picture quality and Spurs are on FSW 677 or the local channels.

dylankerouac
03-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Nearly all the games that haven't been nationally televised have been available on Fox Sports Southwest this season. I know Time Warner in SA carries FSNSW, not sure about DirecTV.

There is also Grande Communications too, they offer FSN and I think their prices might be a little better than TW cable. I don't recall missing a game all season. For some big games like the Bulls yesterday the game was on a local cable channel (Sean) and espn.

manufan10
03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
If they have Fox Sports Net on Dish, then they can watch the Spurs game. Usually comes out on channel 444-447.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM
ATT Uverse >>>>>> Direct TV and Time Warner put together.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't understand. If they live in San Antonio and get the San Antonio local channels over Dish Network, there's no reason to switch just to get Spurs games. Every Spurs game should be available on Dish for San Antonio customers.

Most of the games are on Fox Sports Southwest which they should be getting. Those that aren't are on a local SA station (like KENS), or on a national network like ESPN, TNT, or ABC.

my2sons
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
love directv

TwelveGs210
03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I agree that DirecTV does have better picture quality, but elderly people can give a shit less. Cost will probably be the deciding factor, and if cable is going to be the direction you decide to recommend, I will say I made the switch to Grande three months ago, and have been very happy so far.

The service is comparable to Time Warner (not as many features though) but for a lot cheaper. If your parents also pay for internet, Grandes internet is WAY better, are FAR more consistent over time as far as bandwith. I pay for 24 mbps down, and 3 mbps up, and no matter which part of the country I test my connection on, I get EXACTLY what was advertised. TWC has that stupid "power boost" shit that really deceives novice customers. The first 30 seconds of downloads are BLAZING fast, then they slow down considerably at about half the speed you should be getting.

Grande has every Spurs game, and I have had far less issues with poor signal, artifacts, tiling, etc with Grande. I am glad I tried Grande for sure.

P.S. if your parents are getting blacked out I think they are outside the viewing area if I'm not mistaken.