PDA

View Full Version : *** Minnesota-Boston-Lakers 3 way trade on the table***

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, I received info from a source advisiing the Celtics, Lakers and Wolves are talking about a three way swap before the deadline.

My source is legit. He was one of the first people who cracked that Ariza to Lakers deal. Keep in mind though that this is a hush-hush negotiation so don't expect this to hit the rumor web not until next week when these three teams are more than likely to press the button.

The Lakers are in dired need of a PG and there's no one much more talented and available than Rondo. Rondo has been more of a distraction in Boston despite of his excellent play. There is no denying that the Celtics brass are looking to blow that team up and Rondo is their most attractive asset. Ainge does not want to start from scratch, meaning he doesn't want another lottery bound season. His blueprint is to add some younger pieces along with Pierce and perhaps Garnett next season, make some playoff runs while developing their younger prospects.

Boston is supposed to receive Beasley, Derick Williams and possibly Wayne Ellington or Ridnuour from Minnesota. The Lakers will get Rondo, Martell Webster and Brandon Bass. Minnesota will receive Pau Gasol and Mickael Pietrus and LA's 1st round pick.

Boston and LA gets younger and address their needs while Minnesota replaces their SF (Webster) for a player that contributes the same that costs 3 times less (Pietrus).

According to my source, the only thing that may hold this deal is that the Lakers are insisting in getting Michael Beasley instead of Martell Webster, but Boston WANTS Beasley and they believe under Garnett, Pierce and perhaps Ray Allen, Beasley will develop into a more mature player. LA of course would love Beasley off the bench to provide their SF position and bench some scoring punch.

Kahn is still on the fence about this one. He firmly believes the pieces they have now is enough for years to come but Adelman is pushing the front office to acquire Gasol. He loves the idea of having a veteran with championship experience to mentor Kevin Love, Pekovic and of course Rubio, and to be honest with you, no other player out there will bring as much value as Gasol. He's a nice teammate, he's fundamentally sound and he loves to play winning basketball. To sum this up. Kahn wants to gamble and wait for 2-3 years while Adelman wants to go deeper next year copying Memphis' blueprint.

So here's the breakdown again.

LA receives

Rondo
Webster
Brandon Bass

Boston receives

M. Beasley
D. Williams
filler (possibly ellington, ridnuour or barrea)

Minnesota receives

Gasol
Pietrus
LA 1st round pick

I think this works for all teams to be honest. Gasol will make the Wolves dangerous next year. Boston's experiment may or may not work for them but Beasley is under a short contract and Williams IMO has huge potential so really they don't lose much in this scenario. I'm not so sure if LA becomes better. Gasol means a lot to them. Rondo can bring a lot too but he definitely doesn't bring shooting which is what the Lakers need in the first place. This is possibly why the Lakers are welcoming the idea of adding Rasheed as an insurance since Brandon Bass is a huge downgrade from Gasol.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
cool

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
cool
Fuck you Ryan Fitzpatrick. I'll say that to your face anytime, any place.

Spur_Fanatic
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Celtics and Lakers on same trade?

Won't happen.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Fuck you Ryan Fitzpatrick. I'll say that to your face anytime, any place.

Meet me at the IHOP on calle ocho in 15, b. Let's settle this.

Giuseppe
03-01-2012, 03:39 PM
There is stirrings in my otherwise atrophied loins when I think of Rondo on the Lakers.

Ashy Larry
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM

Won't happen.

If it does, then the end of the world must be 12.21.12

pass1st
03-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Rondo hates LAL, pretty well known fact

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM

Won't happen.
Wrong

Prior to the 2004–05 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004-05_NBA_season), the Lakers traded Payton and Rick Fox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Fox) to the Boston Celtics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Celtics) for center Chris Mihm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Mihm), small forward Jumaine Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumaine_Jones) and point guard Chucky Atkins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucky_Atkins).

Spur_Fanatic
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM
There is stirrings in my otherwise atrophied loins when I think of Rondo on the Lakers.

Rondo on the Lakers would be terrible. He can't take over if Kobe out, and if they play together, Lakers would have 24 secs violations every 3 possessions.

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Meet me at the IHOP on calle ocho in 15, b. Let's settle this.
Fuck it. Done.

I'm 6'2, 179 lbs, white male. I will wear a white Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt, baggy jeans and a white AF1's. I drive a lowered Mazda Miata.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Fuck it. Done.

I'm 6'2, 179 lbs, white male. I will wear a white Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt, baggy jeans and a white AF1's. I drive a lowered Mazda Miata.

Consider it done. Do you have any weed, btw?

redzero
03-01-2012, 03:46 PM

You fell in love with him after he helped the Lakers win game 7, right?

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Rondo on the Lakers would be terrible. He can't take over if Kobe out, and if they play together, Lakers would have 24 secs violations every 3 possessions.

I agree with this but people need to realize this is purely a financial move for the Lakers. Gasol is 31, is owed $60 million for 3 years. Rondo may not pan out but he cost less, younger and is easier to move.

LA has plans to compete but not at the expense of luxury tax. See Odom trade.

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Consider it done. Do you have any weed, btw?
No. My girl uses ecstasy though. Weed is for wiggers.

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Not fucking way I trade Pau for that no shooting asshole.
You're not paying the luxury tax asshole.

BTW, Trade works down to every penny!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Oh wow, my source is not yanking my chain. Shit. :wow

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 03:51 PM
No. My girl uses ecstasy though. Weed is for wiggers.

What kinda beans? UltraFest is coming up later this month imo

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
What kinda beans? UltraFest is coming up later this month imo
Not sure, she's trippy. We'll check that out bro. Thanks.

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I am paying the tax, asshole. Wherw the fuck you think this money comes from, bitch. Boston and LA wont do a deal.
Bitch, you dont even live in LA. The most money you spent on a Laker merchandise is probably a Tshirt Laker banner or some shit.

Again...

Prior to the 2004–05 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004-05_NBA_season), the Lakers traded Payton and Rick Fox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Fox) to the Boston Celtics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Celtics) for center Chris Mihm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Mihm), small forward Jumaine Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumaine_Jones) and point guard Chucky Atkins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chucky_Atkins).

TIMMYtoZO
03-01-2012, 03:55 PM
:lol what a shitty deal for the Lakers. Rondo cant shoot. This move makes the Lakers weaker. They need Deron Williams, but that is a pipe dream.

IronMaxipad
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
:lol what a shitty deal for the Lakers. Rondo cant shoot. This move makes the Lakers weaker. They need Deron Williams, but that is a pipe dream.

Lakers don't need a pg that can shoot. They need one that can run the offense and drive to the basket.

BUMP
03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Why the fuck would Minnesota move Derrick Williams?

Spur_Fanatic
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Lakers don't need a pg that can shoot. They need one that can run the offense and drive to the basket.

Ideally, yes. But if we assume that the ball will end in Kobe's hands anyway, Lakers should aim for a more versatile PG.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Ideally, yes. But if we assume that the ball will end in Kobe's hands anyway, Lakers should aim for a more versatile PG.

Kobe is so far up your ass you can't stop posting about him.:lol

How mad has he made you over the years?:lol

Muser
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM

Exactly. L.A need a PG who can shoot and drive to the hoop on occasion like Mario Chalmers or Jose Calderon.

You take away Rondo's best offensive features if he plays next to a player like Kobe/LeBron etc. Although the Defense he'd bring would obviously be a plus.

Spur_Fanatic
03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Kobe is so far up your ass you can't stop posting about him.:lol

How mad has he made you over the years?:lol

Huh? I'm praising Kobe's style if anything. Kobe will get the ball, and should, because Lakers now have no credible PG. Because I say Kobe's salary is/will be high, doesn't mean I think the Lakers are not "Kobe's team". Just because you know shit, don't think we all are like you.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Huh? I'm praising Kobe's style if anything. Kobe will get the ball, and should, because Lakers now have no credible PG. Because I say Kobe's salary is/will be high, doesn't mean I think the Lakers are not "Kobe's team". Just because you know shit, don't think we all are like you.

Right, play dumb:lol

So if one were to search your post history, it wouldn't be comprised of a massive number of Kobe/Lakerfan takes, followed by a few contest thread posts?

We get it, bro. The Lakers are on the forefront of your mind all the time.:lol

That's not uncommon though. The owner of this site is an LA girl and still has mad love for the Lakers. It's just how it is.

Spur_Fanatic
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I dislike the Lakers as any non-Lakers fan outhere.
In fact, I dislike the Mavs and the Heat more than the Lakers.

TBH, one always dislikes the fans of those teams, more than the teams/players.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Why do you dislike the Heat?

Spur_Fanatic
03-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Why do you dislike the Heat?

http://gridirongoddess.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/16098_full.jpg

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Not fucking way I trade Pau for that no shooting asshole.
Buss traded Odom for essentially McRoberts lol. Buss will do it again in order to save some money. That 18.7 million salary is pretty huge even for a team like the Lakers.

Lakers would just have to roll with their salary cap right now, that means they either shed some or keep what they have in order to compete. Their hands are tied right now with contracts like Gasol, Artest, Walton still in the books.

Why the fuck would Minnesota move Derrick Williams?
According to my source, Derrick Williams does not fit in Adelman's "winning basketball" camp. He's a nice young asset that can dunk sure but if Derrick Favors, Beasley and Webster can net you a winning attitutde like Pau Gasol, you do it, no fucking questions asked.

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Rondo would be a horrible fit in LA since he can't shoot the three. What they need at the point is a 2000-2009 Fisher who can defend and hit the open shot.

IronMaxipad
03-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Rondo would be a horrible fit in LA since he can't shoot the three. What they need at the point is a 2000-2009 Fisher who can defend and hit the open shot.

No they don't. Lakers don't run the triangle anymore.

IronMaxipad
03-01-2012, 05:21 PM
:lol spurfan thinking they know what the lakers need.

Lakers need someone that can create shots for others and handle the ball. Not a fucking 3pt shooting pg.

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
No they don't. Lakers don't run the triangle anymore.

With one of Bynum and Gasol in the paint and with Kobe handling the ball, they most certainly don't need a typical ballhawk point guard who can't shoot.

IronMaxipad
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Lakers aren't running the triangle anymore where all you need is a pg that can spot up..

They need someone that can run brown's offense and that is a "ballhawk" Point.

Also gasol would be gone so you'll only have bynum in the paint.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2012, 05:25 PM
the lakers are not taking themselves out of the howard stakes for Rondo. Losing gasol does this. Move along children

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
the lakers are not taking themselves out of the howard stakes for Rondo. Losing gasol does this. Move along children

Texas_Ranger
do it lakers!!

Muser
So what does that make Kobe? Kobe needs the ball to be effective, so does Rondo.

z0sa
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I like the idea of Rondo actually, he is strong defensively both helping and on the ball, which is exactly what the doctor ordered for LA's title hopes. Plus, he is unselfish, would have no problem deferring and is a good rebounder for his size.

That said, he needs the ball or wouldn't be much better than a physically talented and glorified Smush Parker on offense.. that LA team is just too big and slow and shallow for someone as underwhelming as he is in the half court.

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 05:38 PM
The Lakers are not giving up Gasol and Bynum for Dwight and that has been, eternally, the reason why Howard is still a Magic. Dwight to LA deal has been dead for quite some time and Dwight absolutely loves the idea of playing in Brooklyn with Deron. Everyone and their mama knows this is similar to the Lebron-Wade and Bosh deal. Deron and Dwight pretty much had a handshake deal behind closed doors. They're just waiting for either Orlando to trade Dwight to NJ or wait until he becomes a FA.

baseline bum
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Lakers aren't running the triangle anymore where all you need is a pg that can spot up..

They need someone that can run brown's offense and that is a "ballhawk" Point.

No one can run Brown's offense; that guy needs to be gone.

Also gasol would be gone so you'll only have bynum in the paint.

Hence, why I said one of the them. You have an allstar bigman to draw double teams, so shooting should be a priority with how much Kobe handles the ball.

ChrisRichards
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Again, if this deal goes down, people have to realize that this is essentially another financial move for LA. Rondo's $40 million contract> Gasols $60 million salary. This is the best deal they can get for Gasol. With Bynum commanding a max salary next year, you can all bet your bottom dollar that the Laker brass wants Pau and Artest salary off the books. Artest will be amnestied next year btw.

Additionally, Buss Jr is setting up to fully developing Bynum. He wants a PG that has the balls to take the ball from Kobe's hands to feed his pet project Bynum. Truth of the matter is, this is Bynum's team now, although it doesnt appear that way. Kobe's the cash cow but LA is setting up Bynum to become the face of the franchise soon.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2012, 06:04 PM
No one can run Brown's offense; that guy needs to be gone.

That implies mike brown has an offense.

NewcastleKEG
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Not a bad deal. Few issues
- D.Williams is starting to improve. Wolves would be better off building around Love, Williams & Rubio. BUT I could very well see the Wolves make this deal for short term success

- Rondo + Kobe + Bynum = Very inefficient offense. I recognize the boost from Rondo's passing but you are getting rid of Gasol so who is very efficient

- Boston would have to deal Pierce as well. Having Williams, Beasley, Pierce & no PG is useless

IronMaxipad
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Hence, why I said one of the them. You have an allstar bigman to draw double teams, so shooting should be a priority with how much Kobe handles the ball.

All steve blake does is spot up and shoot 3's how is that working out? Lakers are trying to get a ball handling PG to take pressure off kobe. Look at the roster besides Kobe who else can handle the ball and create their own shot or create shots for others? 2000-2009 fisher? :lmao yeah right. Again this isn't the triangle.

TIMMYtoZO
03-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Howard going to NJ will be comedy. The Nets wont be winning the east anytime soon. Their ceiling will be wishing Miami good luck in the finals. :lol

LnGrrrR
03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
This trade would make me sad. That said, the front office has completely fucked up any changes of moving forward with the only young legitimate player we have. Idiots.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-01-2012, 08:02 PM
So what if Kori loves us and let's us run a muck of this fucking joint.

That was my point you illiterate naruto-loving pakifuck.:lol

btw, nice pic bro:rollin

MattBonnerExperience
03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't see this hapening. GM's don't like to trade thier young talent and the wolves just used thier #2 pick on Williams. I don't think they wanna dump beaselys salary THAT bad that they all give up williams to get a 31 year old 20 million dollar man. That kills this bright future the timberwolves have. But then again Kahn's contract is up after this season so who knows mabye he tries and get good ASAP. I personally think this will not happen.