PDA

View Full Version : Lasik

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Has anybody here ever had this done, and if so, do you recommend it? Just had the free eval and am seriously contemplating getting this done next week, but would like some feedback first.

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I made an appointment for next month..I've heard the concerns, but everybody that I know, personally, that has undergone the procedure, has had great things to say..

cantthinkofanything
03-02-2012, 05:17 PM
IDK. I heard that sometimes, the inserted fat will make it harder to get an erection. Plus there have been reports of the fat shifting around resulting in a misshapen weeny. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I made an appointment for next month..I've heard the concerns, but everybody that I know, personally, that has undergone the procedure, has had great things to say..

Yeah, i know 4 people who've had it. 3 swear by it, but the other said her vision hasnt changed much--and thats the one that worries me. She had astigmatism in both eyes. I only have it in the left, but its pretty bad. Didnt realize how bad till today, tbh

HarlemHeat37
03-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I have the exact same issue..I have astigmatism in both, but my left eye is significantly worse..my eyesight is absolutely atrocious, and I hate wearing contact lenses, tbh..

Thankfully, hipsters helped get glasses back in style:lol..

desflood
03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I have terrible astigmatism as well so I've been researching this lately. A better alternative for you might be implantable lenses. Study up on those a bit before you make your decision.

redzero
03-02-2012, 05:47 PM
It's going to suck when my eyesight starts to fail.

cantthinkofanything
03-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah, i know 4 people who've had it. 3 swear by it, but the other said her vision hasnt changed much--and thats the one that worries me. She had astigmatism in both eyes. I only have it in the left, but its pretty bad. Didnt realize how bad till today, tbh

You should worry more about all the people left blinded and maimed by the surgery.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I have the exact same issue..I have astigmatism in both, but my left eye is significantly worse..my eyesight is absolutely atrocious, and I hate wearing contact lenses, tbh..

Thankfully, hipsters helped get glasses back in style:lol..

:lolI cant wear contact lenses...last time i tried it was at visionworks 2 years ago and i could never get them in b/c my eyes were too sensitive...i could tell the girl working with me was losing patience fast, so i just quit and got glasses instead.

Lost the glasses a little over a year ago at some (now) dead dude's house while working his cardiac arrest.:lol Been roughing it ever since.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
You should worry more about all the people left blinded and maimed by the surgery.

If i'm blinded i'll never have to read your shitty posts again. Win-win, imo

Thompson
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
The problem I'd have with the procedure is that they generally don't knock you out. Since they're slicing your eye open, that would really freaking bother me.

Anyone know if they can't knock you out for some reason, or they just generally don't? I might consider it if I could be unconscious for the duration. I can get by without glasses, but I'd like for my vision to be a little sharper.

ploto
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Of the 3 people I know who have had it done, for 2 it lasted less than 8 years, and the bad vision returned.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 08:49 PM
The problem I'd have with the procedure is that they generally don't knock you out. Since they're slicing your eye open, that would really freaking bother me.

Anyone know if they can't knock you out for some reason, or they just generally don't? I might consider it if I could be unconscious for the duration. I can get by without glasses, but I'd like for my vision to be a little sharper.

Yeah I was hoping I could get the gas or some IV general anesthetic:lol

They told me they'd give me a xanax if I needed it.

Of the 3 people I know who have had it done, for 2 it lasted less than 8 years, and the bad vision returned.

That's good to know, but 7-8 years of 20/20 or better vision might be worth it, till I get it corrected again (if that happens to me). I just can't do contacts at all and I hate glasses.

Goran Dragic
03-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I've had 20/20 vision my entire life.

When I was tested on the periodic tables in high school, I made a cheat sheet with size 6 font for all the elements and their abbreviations. Got 100 on it.

hehateme
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
They numb your eyes fully...you don't feel anything other than the pressure. As for the stigmatism you should probably look into PRK instead as it was I did and has worked great since. Also, the PRK took 15 seconds for each eye and I was out in 2min. The only pain I had was two days later when my eye's got puffy due to the healing process.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I've had 20/20 vision my entire life.

When I was tested on the periodic tables in high school, I made a cheat sheet with size 6 font for all the elements and their abbreviations. Got 100 on it.

tbh my bro (2 years younger) tested at 20/10 vision when he was 15. Fucker has the eyes of a cat while I have the eyes of a 70-year old man:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-02-2012, 09:02 PM
They numb your eyes fully...you don't feel anything other than the pressure. As for the stigmatism you should probably look into PRK instead as it was I did and has worked great since. Also, the PRK took 15 seconds for each eye and I was out in 2min. The only pain I had was two days later when my eye's got puffy due to the healing process.

Good info, thanks:tu They actually said I wouldn't need PRK because I had plenty of tissue in the area or something.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Get it done by a reputable doc. Don't go to a "mill". You'll know you're in one if you never see the doc during your eval. That's just a business set up that contracts out the surgery. Your followup care will be for shit.

I had mine done by Ed Rashid almost ten years ago and I'm still 20/20. Had it done on a Thursday, had my followup appt on Friday, he saw some swelling he didn't like and switched me from Prednisone drops to pills and wanted to see me on Sunday. That's not a misprint. He came in when the office was closed to look at my eyes on Sunday. Everything was fine, and still is.

Don't go cheap. It's your eyes.

romad_20
03-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Had it done 4 years ago and its the best money I ever spent. ditto on not going to a lasik mill, get a good recommendation from your optomitrist or if you're in austin area i can give you the name of one. I had 20/200 in my right eye and astigmatism in both. i hated contacts and they always fucked with me and I've never regretted it.

as for not being knocked out, they give you a valium and numbing drops and it litrally took less than five mins. the only person that was freaked was my wife who got to watch it on a tv screen:lol felt a little scratchy for a few days but that was it.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Get it done by a reputable doc. Don't go to a "mill". You'll know you're in one if you never see the doc during your eval. That's just a business set up that contracts out the surgery. Your followup care will be for shit.

I had mine done by Ed Rashid almost ten years ago and I'm still 20/20. Had it done on a Thursday, had my followup appt on Friday, he saw some swelling he didn't like and switched me from Prednisone drops to pills and wanted to see me on Sunday. That's not a misprint. He came in when the office was closed to look at my eyes on Sunday. Everything was fine, and still is.

Don't go cheap. It's your eyes.

Dr. Anthony Roberts is doing mine. He's the chief ophthalmologist for the Washington Redskins--although that doesn't sound as promising as it seems with how bad those clowns are:lol

I already have a follow-up appointment scheduled on the following day, and they've written me 2 Rx's that I'm supposed to bring to the office when I get my surgery done (one of them is the prednisone drops, the other I forgot).

resistanze
03-03-2012, 12:15 AM
tbh my bro (2 years younger) tested at 20/10 vision when he was 15. Fucker has the eyes of a cat while I have the eyes of a 70-year old man:lol

Weird how that works. My sister and mother are blind as shit, and my father started to wear glasses 10 years ago. I have 20/12 vision but I'm the only family member that's color blind. :lol

ploto
03-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I just can't do contacts at all and I hate glasses.

How old are you if I might ask? I know they have made improvements in techniques for setting the two eyes differently, but is there still a chance that you might need reading glasses?

Wild Cobra Kai
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Dr. Anthony Roberts is doing mine. He's the chief ophthalmologist for the Washington Redskins--although that doesn't sound as promising as it seems with how bad those clowns are:lol

I already have a follow-up appointment scheduled on the following day, and they've written me 2 Rx's that I'm supposed to bring to the office when I get my surgery done (one of them is the prednisone drops, the other I forgot).

Sounds like you're all set with the doctor, then. Ed Rashid who did mine is the Spurs team eye doctor. :lol

I'll bet that second prescription is for some kind of antibiotic drops.

Best of luck and enjoy your new eyes.

sonnytris
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Had it done the year i retired(2002) and its being 10 years and since then have had cataract surgery done also.....The only drawback was that i now have to wear reading glasses . The surgery was simple and would reccomend it to anyone who wants to buy a pair of designer sunglasses with out a Rx off the rack .....feels good after 30 years of wearing glasses....................

boutons_deux
03-03-2012, 11:01 AM
The problem with all these interventions, of any type, is that there is always risk. The probability of success or failure is based on a population's results. But you never know how or if it's going to succeed or fail for any one individual.

Fabbs
03-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Orthokeratology.
Bring you back to 20/20 without Lasix.
http://www.eyeimprovement.com/about.html

He doesn't dis Lasix, in fact if that's what people want he refers to a Lasix guy.
But airline pilots, lifeguards, etc those who have to be 20/20 yet do not want the cutting associated with Lasix dig this guys non invasive procedure.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-03-2012, 12:39 PM
How old are you if I might ask? I know they have made improvements in techniques for setting the two eyes differently, but is there still a chance that you might need reading glasses?

29, and I've never had trouble reading or seeing things close.

if you have dry eyes i would think twice. healings a bitch then

I've never had a problem with this either, but they did say they have "punctum plugs" for people with this issue. Sounds like a bitch:lol

Sounds like you're all set with the doctor, then. Ed Rashid who did mine is the Spurs team eye doctor. :lol

I'll bet that second prescription is for some kind of antibiotic drops.

Best of luck and enjoy your new eyes.

pass1st
03-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Fiance had the procedure last Summer, her vision is much better now (couldn't pass the DMV eye exam before). The procedure is pretty safe, almost all complications come from cheap doctors that charge like 1000 bucks an eye.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Getting it done in half an hour:tu

Leetonidas
03-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Since you got the eval, how does the procedure work? Because I wanna get this done at some point but I've heard they lay you down with your eyes taped open basically and laser your eyeball while you're awake and for someone who has a minor phobia with eye touching, that sounds scary as fuck

Slydragon
03-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Orthokeratology.
Bring you back to 20/20 without Lasix.
http://www.eyeimprovement.com/about.html

He doesn't dis Lasix, in fact if that's what people want he refers to a Lasix guy.
But airline pilots, lifeguards, etc those who have to be 20/20 yet do not want the cutting associated with Lasix dig this guys non invasive procedure.

How would this work if you can't even stand to wear contacts for a few hours. I'm looking into surgery sometime next year.Been wearing glasses since the 2nd grade and tried contacts 2 years now but I find myself putting my glasses on more and my contacts only for work and then right off when I get home.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
My vision is still a little fuzzy from the procedure (and the shitload of drops and artificial tears I use), but there's a noticeable difference:tu

My surgeon was black too, I shit you not. Wild Cobra would've had a shit-coniption.

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2012, 12:12 PM
u go back when a bukkake goes wrong and hits u in the eye

Slydragon
03-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Pt6Zyb7zOeU

DarkReign
03-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Update from Mr. Fitzpatrick, please.

I know 2 people who have had Lasik and they both rave about it, but I also have an aversion to anything touching my eyes. If this is 3 for 3, then I am going to schedule an appt soon.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Update from Mr. Fitzpatrick, please.

I know 2 people who have had Lasik and they both rave about it, but I also have an aversion to anything touching my eyes. If this is 3 for 3, then I am going to schedule an appt soon.

I highly recommend it, the biggest thing I notice with the improved sight is that I'm no longer squinting at everything. My face is relaxed and I can already tell that'll alleviate some of the frequent but minor headaches I've had in the past.

The procedure was fast, although my eyes are extra-sensitive for some reason so I almost needed to go the PRK route (which I'm told yield great results as well, but longer recovery time). Seems like they had to empty a whole bottle of anesthetic drops into my eyes:lol

DarkReign
03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Cool, ty. Hope it stays extremely positive for you.

MavDynasty
03-12-2012, 12:21 PM
How much was it tbh

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Cool, ty. Hope it stays extremely positive for you.

merci.

How much was it tbh

2 grand.
Mine was custom because of how fucked up the vision in my left-eye was. They offer plans as low as $300 per eye (they say:lol), but that's extremely rare and you have to have basic vision problems with no astigmatism to get that I'm guessing.

They offer financing if you need it ($165 for 12 months, 333 for 6 months, etc)...but I just paid in full w/ some of my tax return money. Best money I've ever spent:tu