PDA

View Full Version : Last regulation play

Rick Von Braun
06-20-2005, 03:42 AM
I have a simple question.

When Duncan missed the putback at the end of regulation, Rasheed Wallace grabbed the ball and called a timeout with less than a second in the game, right? The problem was that the Pistons didn't have any timeout left, and the clock run out.

Shouldn't the refs have called a technical, i.e. calling for a timeout when you have none?

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 03:43 AM
Yes. But they said (I believe) that he called it after time ran out. So it was a moot point. However, I think .1 was left on the clock when he called it because they actually stopped the clock and it read .1

leemajors
06-20-2005, 03:47 AM
there were several weird timing/clock things that i noticed. i forget exactly when, and i know this sounds really vague, but on the tv clock the spurs had 2 seconds left on the shot clock and a split second later the horn for a shot clock violation sounded. could have been a weird tv timing thingy, but the other people at my house noticed it too. we rewound thanks to the dvr and we are not crazy. but anyway, on to game 6!!

Mr. Body
06-20-2005, 03:49 AM
The timekeeper believed Wallace had called a timeout. And he pretty much did, but the refs were 'looking the other way.'

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 03:49 AM
There's more about this subject in this thread.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19126

Horry For 3!
06-20-2005, 04:26 AM
It was actually like .3 when he called the timeout.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 04:28 AM
It was actually like .3 when he called the timeout.

It might have been. But what I'm saying is they actually stopped the clock and it read .1 -- so obviously they thought he called timeout. Either way, I don't think they call something like that in a game like this unless it was much more obvious.

iminlakerland
06-20-2005, 04:32 AM
I was in the chatroom when this happened, and i found it to be hillarious. I automatically remembered Chris Webber and his michigan days. It would have been the funniest shit to see the Pistons lose a game 5 game in that manner...Sheed would never be able to live it down and would never be able to "guaran sheed" something.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Sheed managed to find another way to screw up. The great ones usually do.

caŽlo
06-20-2005, 06:02 AM
well we wouldnt have seen horrys classic 3 if the refs called that one :)

we wouldnt have to go thru all the shit scary 5 time overtime.

its all worth it though. :)

glad to see horry finally stuffing a game winner for us. :)

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 08:02 AM
NBA rules are that with less than .3 secs left, you can not call timeout. Since it was .1, therefore, there was no timeout called, thus no technical called.

boutons
06-20-2005, 08:11 AM
But, saved only by the rules, Rasheed gets full-credit for the Webber-esque bonehead play. Call it Reefer Madness.

(Chauncey went ballistic on him!)

td4mvp21
06-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes. But they said (I believe) that he called it after time ran out. So it was a moot point. However, I think .1 was left on the clock when he called it because they actually stopped the clock and it read .1

Oh, there was time left on the clock. We could have won it without overtime but Detroit got VERY lucky the refs didn't call it. If it was us, they probably would have called it. Lol. I can see them now all blowing their whisltes and waving their arms in circles like crazy.

Spurminator
06-20-2005, 09:24 AM
That would have been a shitty way to win. I'm glad they didn't call it.

Now... had we lost... :lol

Phenomanul
06-20-2005, 09:27 AM
I would have put Duncan on the line to shoot the technical..... :angel

SouthernFried
06-20-2005, 09:32 AM
They showed that replay on TV...Sheed called the Timeout AFTER the clock expired.

So, I beleive it's a mute point...er..mote point...moot...it didn't fucking matter.

HB22inSA
06-20-2005, 10:02 AM
No way does a Finals game get decided by a technical free throw.

Great no call, let the players decide it.