PDA

View Full Version : Why the Celtics are shopping Rondo around?

Brazil
03-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Rondo is 26 years old, his contract is not outrageous and he is one of the top PG of the league. I'm not sure what kind of value the Celts could get for him.

OK his JS is at best suspect and he can be immature some time (chucking the ball at the ref when the Celts were shorthanded and needed him to win is not a clever move) but dude has a lot of talent his passing abilities are over the top and cherry on the cake he is rebounding the ball like hell.

If the Celtics want to rebuild Garnett, Allen and Pierce contracts are expiring, Ainge could let them walk to sign a couple of max contracts next season.

It doesn't make sense to me to try to trade him right now unless dude has locker issues.

Giuseppe
03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
He's a winner. Damn few of those around.

pass1st
03-03-2012, 11:59 AM
They probably know that they have to rebuild from the ground up and if they can get picks and/or young pieces from Rondo, it would benefit the franchise. A good PG is pretty easy to find these days it seems.

Brazil
03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
They probably know that they have to rebuild from the ground up and if they can get picks and/or young pieces from Rondo, it would benefit the franchise. A good PG is pretty easy to find these days it seems.

I don't disagree with that but the Celts have enough expiring contracts to rebuild and Rondo contract doesn't hurt them a lot.

pass1st
03-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I don't disagree with that but the Celts have enough expiring contracts to rebuild and Rondo contract doesn't hurt them a lot.

It doesn't hurt them either if they can get some 1st rounders & good young talent from shipping him out either.

redzero
03-03-2012, 12:16 PM
He's a winner. Damn few of those around.

He won one title as the fourth best player on his team. How does that make him a winner?

Fabbs
03-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Subtract the punk ass cheap shot from DWade and Boston and Rondo may well have advanced past the Heatles.

pass1st
03-03-2012, 12:17 PM
He won one title as the fourth best player on his team. How does that make him a winner?

redzero
03-03-2012, 12:19 PM
If being a winner means being lucky enough to play on a team with three hall of famers on it, then the term is meaningless.

pass1st
03-03-2012, 12:23 PM
If being a winner means being lucky enough to play on a team with three hall of famers on it, then the term is meaningless.

You're making it sound like Rondo is Luke Walton or Adam Morrison

redzero
03-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I know Rondo played an important part, but switch him out with several other point guards and the results would be the same in 2008.

JamStone
03-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Rondo is 26 years old, his contract is not outrageous and he is one of the top PG of the league. I'm not sure what kind of value the Celts could get for him.

OK his JS is at best suspect and he can be immature some time (chucking the ball at the ref when the Celts were shorthanded and needed him to win is not a clever move) but dude has a lot of talent his passing abilities are over the top and cherry on the cake he is rebounding the ball like hell.

If the Celtics want to rebuild Garnett, Allen and Pierce contracts are expiring, Ainge could let them walk to sign a couple of max contracts next season.

It doesn't make sense to me to try to trade him right now unless dude has locker issues.

Paul Pierce is not an expiring contract. His salary is still on the books next season. So with Rondo and Pierce and a couple other smaller salaries, there wouldn't be the ability to sign "a couple" max contracts next season. Perhaps one max player, but I think the feeling is that Pierce/Rondo minus KG/Allen isn't as enticing a situation as you suggest. And the Celtics aren't on Dwight Howard's radar screen.

HarlemHeat37
03-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Rondo, like Jason Kidd before him, is not a top player on a title team..I realize that Kidd came close, but it was in one of the weakest stretches in East conference history..

Building your team around a ball-dominant PG that cannot shoot or score on a consistent basis is not a formula for winning..

I'm a fan of Rondo's game, btw, I'm just saying..

Boston should move him while he has value..

JoeTait75
03-03-2012, 02:43 PM
He isn't good enough to build around and he's good enough to cost them a premium lottery pick. Kind of like Andre Miller for the Cavaliers a decade ago.

Brazil
03-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Paul Pierce is not an expiring contract. His salary is still on the books next season. So with Rondo and Pierce and a couple other smaller salaries, there wouldn't be the ability to sign "a couple" max contracts next season. Perhaps one max player, but I think the feeling is that Pierce/Rondo minus KG/Allen isn't as enticing a situation as you suggest. And the Celtics aren't on Dwight Howard's radar screen.

Still, if you consider two years for rebuilding, it is a reasonable amount of time. I'm not saying the Celts have to build around Rondo, once again Rondo contract is far from a max one. I do think however he has the capacity to make the others better see Glen Davis who was a very nice third big and who is now trash.
By waiving their big salaries even over the next two years they have room to operate and build a solid team.

NewcastleKEG
03-03-2012, 04:35 PM
- Attitude problem
- Apparent flaws while playing w/3 Hall of Famers
- 26 years old

Obvious deal

hater
03-03-2012, 04:46 PM
only reason I can think of is Celtics wanna win 1 more with big 3

Giuseppe
03-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I know Rondo played an important part, but switch him out with several other point guards and the results would be the same in 2008.

So damn easy to open your pie hole and just say it.

:rolleyes

redzero
03-03-2012, 06:21 PM
So damn easy to open your pie hole and just say it.

Dale, chickening out and avoiding my point entirely--almost like every discussion we have.

Latarian Milton
03-03-2012, 06:36 PM
teams built around a PG ain't never winnin shit tbh

Scrub
03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
"Rumour"

lmbebo
03-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Celts value him above other people. They think he's on the order of a chris paul or a derron williams. He's not. He's damn good point guard with issues though.

100%duncan
03-03-2012, 11:39 PM
probably fishing for a trade for an excellent big and try to do something with their "big 3" and get a decent guard for their rebuilding

Goran Dragic
03-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Rondo playing an "important" role for the 2008 Celtics is more revisionist history from little people who desperately try to make PGs look successful. Rondo had games where he was on the bench in the 4th quarter while "studs" like Eddie House and Sam Cassell were playing instead of him. His role on the 2008 Celtics wasn't important.

The Celtics are shopping him because they know PGs lose championships.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 12:24 AM
The Celtics are shopping him because they know PGs lose championships.

Ray Allen standing around with his head up his ass because he liked the view on the evening of June 17, 2010 withstanding.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Celts value him above other people. They think he's on the order of a chris paul or a derron williams. He's not. He's damn good point guard with issues though.

Paul & Williams couldn't find big time with both hands and a road map. Paul just looks good not doing it, and Williams is waiting for somebody to take him.

Riddler
03-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Who, Kobe or Rondo? Oh that's right, Kobe lost with three hall of famers. :lol

BRHornet45
03-04-2012, 01:09 AM

end thread

redzero
03-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Paul & Williams couldn't find big time with both hands and a road map. Paul just looks good not doing it, and Williams is waiting for somebody to take him.

:lol again, what did Rondo do that makes him so great? When he actually played a big part in the Finals, his team lost. The Lakers dared him to shoot in Game 7, and he made a brick house.

Yes, that's why you love him so much; he did more to insure a Lakers Championship than you ever did.

Andrew Bynum
03-04-2012, 07:33 AM
:lol again, what did Rondo do that makes him so great? When he actually played a big part in the Finals, his team lost. The Lakers dared him to shoot in Game 7, and he made a brick house.

Yes, that's why you love him so much; he did more to insure a Lakers Championship than you ever did.

If Perkins plays in game seven the Celtics win the title and Rondo is the Finals MVP. Also Rondo hit a huge three in Game 7 to keep it to a one possession game until the Machine came in and knocked down those FTs. Not saying he has a jump shot or anything cause he doesn't but your argument is so off base and this is coming from a Laker player.

redzero
03-04-2012, 07:38 AM
:lol Rondo hit that three when his team was down five points. The complete offensive meltdown already happened. Too little, too late.

If Rondo had a reliable jumper, he might be a two-time champion, but it didnt turn out like that.

Andrew Bynum
03-04-2012, 07:40 AM
:lol Rondo hit that three when his team was down five points. The complete offensive meltdown already happened. Too little, too late.

If Rondo had a reliable jumper, he might be a two-time champion, but it didnt turn out like that.

Too little to late cause Perkins wasn't in there to control the rim the whole game instead still somehow out of shape Rasheed Wallace was. That is what lost that game and series. Not Rondo.

redzero
03-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Rondo was given several open jumpers that game, and he bricked them. The Celtics still had a chance to win that series, but the alleged "winner" couldn't become a reliable offensive weapon when it mattered.

Andrew Bynum
03-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Rondo was given several open jumpers that game, and he bricked them. The Celtics still had a chance to win that series, but the alleged "winner" couldn't become a reliable offensive weapon when it mattered.

I'm not backing up some winner shit or whatever all I'm saying is that dude is off to discredit him like that when if the team were healthy they win that game and series and he's the finals MVP. Even without Perkins they were a couple plays going their way from winning.

redzero
03-04-2012, 07:56 AM
The whole "winner" thing was my entire point.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:00 AM

Uh, uh. You have Rondo mixed up with Allen. I loved Ray much more.

tee, hee.

Andrew Bynum
03-04-2012, 08:01 AM
The whole "winner" thing was my entire point.

Oh shit :lol I didn't mean to bitch out I was just making the point that he deserves more credit than he's getting. He's a pretty damn good player. Seems kinda like a faggot or something though. Doesn't he spend like eight hours in the woodshed a day rollerblading every off season or something :lol Could swear I saw a video on that shit.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:03 AM

Ray Allen showed him the way.

redzero
03-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Okay, so you admit that Rondo also cost his team the title. Thank you.

Andrew Bynum
03-04-2012, 08:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jVXU-2mKxA

:lol

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Okay, so you admit that Rondo also cost his team the title. Thank you.

Crawl, motherfucker, crawl!!!!!!!!!!

redzero
03-04-2012, 08:11 AM
:lol it's absolutely hilarious that you think that merely claiming that you're in control of a situation makes it true.

I asked you why Rondo didn't use his winning spirit to win Game 7, and you haven't answered me. Until you give an answer, everything else you post is meaningless.

FkLA
03-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Have always loved Rondos game, epitome of a PG and Top 5 at his position easily. You dont build around him but hes the guy you want setting up your big guns. He doesnt back down from anyone either. Im with Brazil, I dont understand why the Cs would want to get rid of him either.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:15 AM
See, Red forgot about Allen. He forgot because Media kept Allen safe after Game 7. There was no % in tearing him down. They'd been waiting on Bryant's 6 for 24 ass, and couldn't wait to tease and poke Artest in his life cage. Simmons lickin' his chops at the head of the pack. The story was written, Bryant, Artest and Vuj just grabbed the copy and crumpled it.

Ipso fact, Media didn't have to go home, but, they had to get the Hell outta there.

tee, hee.

redzero
03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
:lol what about Ray Allen? Did Ray Allen make Rondo miss those wide open jump shots that the Lakers dared him to shoot?

The Celtics offense collapsed. I want to know why the player you called a "winner" didn't capitalize on the several opportunities the Lakers gave him. Do you have any answer, Dale, or are you going to blame Rondo's performance on somebody else?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Have always loved Rondos game, epitome of a PG and Top 5 at his position easily. You dont build around him but hes the guy you want setting up your big guns. He doesnt back down from anyone either. Im with Brazil, I dont understand why the Cs would want to get rid of him either.

+ he's cold blooded, huh, FL?

:nope

{{{Last edited by FkLA; Today at 08:18 AM..}}}

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:23 AM
:lol what about Ray Allen? Did Ray Allen make Rondo miss those wide open jump shots that the Lakers dared him to shoot?

The Celtics offense collapsed. I want to know why the player you called a "winner" didn't capitalize on the several opportunities the Lakers gave him. Do you have any answer, Dale, or are you going to blame Rondo's performance on somebody else?

When you address the elephant next to your CPU named Ray Allen, I'll entertain you. Until then, Mr. Zero, uh, uh. Not on your sweet bippy.

tee, hee.

redzero
03-04-2012, 08:26 AM
:lol thinking I'm afraid of knocking Ray Allen's performance.

Yes, he played like shit.

Now, stop stalling and answer my question. Why didn't the cold-blooded winner known as Rajon Rondo not capitalize on the numerous opportunities that the Lakers gave him?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:35 AM
:lol thinking I'm afraid of knocking Ray Allen's performance.

Yes, he played like shit.

Now, stop stalling and answer my question. Why didn't the cold-blooded winner known as Rajon Rondo not capitalize on the numerous opportunities that the Lakers gave him?

That's not enough and you know it. I caught you tiptoeing thru the tulips and I want a complete accounting. Until I receive said accounting your adorable ass is on the carpet.

Let us proceed...

redzero
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
:lol my entire fucking point is that Rajon Rondo is not good enough to lead a team to a Championship, and you think I'm afraid to acknowledge how poorly Ray Allen played? Do you not understand where I'm going with this?

My argument that Rajon Rondo isn't a winner presupposes that the Big Three aren't there to carry him. Ray Allen playing like shit helps my argument, Dale. Here are the scenarios:

1.) the Big Three and Rondo play well, and the Celtics win game seven.
-- That's not conclusive enough for either side.

2.) the Big Three play poorly but Rondo does what he has to do to win game seven.
-- That would have happened if Rondo was actually the cold-blooded winner you claim he is.

3.) the Big Three play poorly and Rondo does not come through and lead his team to victory.
-- What actually happened and the evidence that Rondo is not a winner.

Trying to scapegoat Ray Allen completely undermines your argument, because you are claiming that Rajon "the winner" Rondo needed the Big Three to win the championship.

I am claiming that without the Big Three carrying him, Rondo doesnt have what it takes to get done what he needs to get done. Ray Allen played like shit and the Celtics didn't win as a result, which proves my point that Rondo couldn't get shit done as the leading man.

Now, stop stalling and answer my question.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 08:58 AM
:lol my entire fucking point is that Rajon Rondo is not good enough to lead a team to a Championship, and you think I'm afraid to acknowledge how poorly Ray Allen played? Do you not understand where I'm going with this?

My argument that Rajon Rondo isn't a winner presupposes that the Big Three aren't there to carry him. Ray Allen playing like shit helps my argument, Dale. Here are the scenarios:

1.) the Big Three and Rondo play well, and the Celtics win game seven.
-- That's not conclusive enough for either side.

2.) the Big Three play poorly but Rondo does what he has to do to win game seven.
-- That would have happened if Rondo was actually the cold-blooded winner you claim he is.

3.) the Big Three play poorly and Rondo does not come through and lead his team to victory.
-- What actually happened and the evidence that Rondo is not a winner.

Trying to scapegoat Ray Allen completely undermines your argument, because you are claiming that Rajon "the winner" Rondo needed the Big Three to win the championship.

I am claiming that without the Big Three carrying him, Rondo doesnt have what it takes to get done what he needs to get done. Ray Allen played like shit and the Celtics didn't win as a result, which proves my point that Rondo couldn't get shit done as the leading man.

Now, stop stalling and answer my question.

Keep working. Your rehab has just commenced.

Let us proceed...

Wild Cobra Kai
03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Rondo, like Jason Kidd before him, is not a top player on a title team..I realize that Kidd came close, but it was in one of the weakest stretches in East conference history..

Building your team around a ball-dominant PG that cannot shoot or score on a consistent basis is not a formula for winning..

I'm a fan of Rondo's game, btw, I'm just saying..

Boston should move him while he has value..

He isn't good enough to build around and he's good enough to cost them a premium lottery pick. Kind of like Andre Miller for the Cavaliers a decade ago.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Rondo is overhyped because he plays in Boston. If he were in Sacto or GS, you'd have never heard of him.

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
:lol I have never seen a poster do so many things to try to avoid answering a simple question.

Dale, you tried changing the subject. That didn't work. Stop stalling and answer my question.

I answered yours, but you're too afraid to answer mine.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:14 AM
:lol I have never seen a poster do so many things to try to avoid answering a simple question.

Dale, you tried changing the subject. That didn't work. Stop stalling and answer my question.

I answered yours, but you're too afraid to answer mine.

No. Uh, uh. You're not getting off the hook that easily. Nope. I'm holding your feet to the fire. When I flub my dub you show me nary mercy. What's good for the goose is sauce for gander. You fell for Media's cover up on The Allen Fiasco and you'll suffer a goodly amount more before I take your fat outta the fire.

+ you'll thank me for my diligence some day.

Now,

Let us proceed...

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:18 AM
:lol how did I fall for the media's anything? Do you ever get tired of making baseless accusations?

When did I defend Ray Allen? Show me a single post of mine where I stated that Allen's performance wasn't terrible in the Finals.

No, wait. You said that you would answer my question if I acknowledged that Allen played terribly. I acknowledged that Allen's performance was terrible, so man up and answer my question, Dale.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:29 AM
:lol how did I fall for the media's anything? Do you ever get tired of making baseless accusations?

When did I defend Ray Allen? Show me a single post of mine where I stated that Allen's performance wasn't terrible in the Finals.

No, wait. You said that you would answer my question if I acknowledged that Allen played terribly. I acknowledged that Allen's performance was terrible, so man up and answer my question, Dale.

By omission. Had to be Media driven. Don't feel bad though, you ain't alone. I'm just not going to let you get away with it. Uh, uh, not by a jugful I ain't.

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh, and is ironic as fuck that Dale is crying about the media not crucifying Ray Allen. The majority of the media praised Rondo for the entirety of the 2010 playoffs, but Dale seems to have had no problem with that.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh, and is ironic as fuck that Dale is crying about the media not crucifying Ray Allen. The majority of the media praised Rondo for the entirety of the 2010 playoffs, but Dale seems to have had no problem with that.

Don't lash out. You don't wear it well. I caught ya. Just admit it.

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:32 AM
By omission. Had to be Media driven. Don't feel bad though, you ain't alone. I'm just not going to let you get away with it. Uh, uh, not by a jugful I ain't.

You claimed that Rondo is a winner. I asked you where that winning spirit was when the Celtics needed it in Game 7. Where does Ray Allen come in to a discussion about Rondo's performance in Game 7?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
You claimed that Rondo is a winner. I asked you where that winning spirit was when the Celtics needed it in Game 7. Where does Ray Allen come in to a discussion about Rondo's performance in Game 7?

You'd forgotten about Allen, but, you won't forget again. That, I assure you.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 09:35 AM
The media is full of little people who overrate Rondo with the best of 'em. I don't understand how Cully uses his media vendetta to prop Rondo up. The media is the reason people give a shit about a massively overrated player who can't make a shot outside 5 feet.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:37 AM
The media is full of little people who overrate Rondo with the best of 'em. I don't understand how Cully uses his media vendetta to prop Rondo up. The media is the reason people give a shit about a massively overrated player who can't make a shot outside 5 feet.

Said never such. I ain't nobody's fart catcher.

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:41 AM
What did I forget about Allen, AND HOW DOES THAT PERTAIN TO A DISCUSSION ABOUT RONDO'S PERFORMANCE?

And thank you, Goran.

:lol Dale complaining about Allen's portrayal in the media but having no problem with the media sucking Rondo off during the entirety of the playoffs.

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Said never such. I ain't nobody's fart catcher.

That didn't stop you from claiming that I fell for the media's coverage of Allen with zero proof.

If I fell for the media, then do did you. Be consistent.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I ain't nobody's fart catcher.
except for red's

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
except for red's

He's a big boy, let him carry his own end of the log, D.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:50 AM
What did I forget about Allen, AND HOW DOES THAT PERTAIN TO A DISCUSSION ABOUT RONDO'S PERFORMANCE?

And thank you, Goran.

:lol Dale complaining about Allen's portrayal in the media but having no problem with the media sucking Rondo off during the entirety of the playoffs.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
That didn't stop you from claiming that I fell for the media's coverage of Allen with zero proof.

If I fell for the media, then do did you. Be consistent.

You're gettin' there. Pappy's waitin'. Come ta him.

redzero
03-04-2012, 09:54 AM
:lol See? If Dale actually wanted me to acknowledge something, he wouldn't be so afraid of clarifying his position.

Dale brought up Allen to avoid answering a simple question about Rondo. Now, he's avoiding answering questions about Allen.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:05 AM
:lol See? If Dale actually wanted me to acknowledge something, he wouldn't be so afraid of clarifying his position.

Dale brought up Allen to avoid answering a simple question about Rondo. Now, he's avoiding answering questions about Allen.

It wasn't your fault you forgot Allen. Media made ya forget. That was their goal. I just caught you by the scruf fof the neck and reminded ya.

redzero
03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
This is how the argument has played out so far:

Dale: Rondo is a winner.
Me: Why didn't he act like a winner in Game 7?
Dale: What about Ray Allen?
Me: What about him?
Dale: You fell for the media's portrayal of him. Admit that he played poorly, and I will answer your question about Rondo.
Me: Allen played poorly. What does this have to with Rondo's performance?
Dale: Remember when I said that I would answer your question about Rondo? I lied. Now I will keep crying about the media and Ray Allen!
Me: What do The media and Ray Alen have to do with Rondo's performance?
Dale: The media! Ray Allen!

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I hate 2 side against Cully but the kid is overrated. In 2010 he was one of the reasons I knew we would prevail. He is a very good PG but far from great. I think a poor man's Kidd is apropos but he just lacks something that Jason has.plus jkidd is credible from 3. RR may never be

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
This is how the argument has played out so far:

Dale: Rondo is a winner.
Me: Why didn't he act like a winner in Game 7?
Dale: What about Ray Allen?
Me: What about him?
Dale: You fell for the media's portrayal of him. Admit that he played poorly, and I will answer your question about Rondo.
Me: Allen played poorly. What does this have to with Rondo's performance?
Dale: Remember when I said that I would answer your question about Rondo? I lied. Now I will keep crying about the media and Ray Allen!
Me: What do The media and Ray Alen have to do with Rondo's performance?
Dale: The media! Ray Allen!

Fine.

Let us proceed...

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I hate 2 side against Cully but the kid is overrated. In 2010 he was one of the reasons I knew we would prevail. He is a very good PG but far from great. I think a poor man's Kidd is apropos but he just lacks something that Jason has.plus jkidd is credible from 3. RR may never be

Kidd is a loser in a winner's circle. It happens.

Rondo is a winner.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Keep me out of this, Dale.

redzero
03-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Kidd is a loser in a winner's circle. It happens.

Rondo is a winner.

Where was the winner when his team needed him in Game 7?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Where was the winner when his team needed him in Game 7?

Grabbed a rebound, went to the corner and made us finish it.

Allen was fretting.

silverblk mystix
03-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Why-the-celtics-are shopping-rondo-around?

No one even questioned this sentence....everyone here just automatically understood what the OP was talking about...

I am in the wrong fuckin' place.

redzero
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Where was he when the Celtics were collapsing and giving up their double digit lead? Where was this winner when the Lakers dared him to shoot jumpers? You're bringing up one 3-pointer as if it makes up for his performance in that game. Making a meaningless 3-pointer does not make one a winner. How is Rondo a winner?

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Allen and Rondo being losers isn't something that mutually exclusive. They can both be losers (which they were in game 7).

Dale also calling Rondo a winner because he made a 3 when the game was already over is something I find pretty funny.

redzero
03-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Allen and Rondo being losers isn't something that mutually exclusive. They can both be losers (which they were in game 7).

Dale also calling Rondo a winner because he made a 3 when the game was already over is something I find pretty funny.

Dale and I had this discussion in 2010, and he didn't elaborate then either.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 10:48 AM
:lol Dale
:lol falling in love with players for random stupid reasons

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I think Cully enjoys reminding suns fans they gave up the rights for rajon for cash. The boy is good and a pass 1st Guy. But winner? Still needs to prove that

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I think Cully enjoys reminding suns fans they gave up the rights for rajon for cash. The boy is good and a pass 1st Guy. But winner? Still needs to prove that
Yeah, that must be it! That must be why he keeps arguing with a Hornets fan about Rondo!

lol not knowing when your favorite player was drafted

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Where was he when the Celtics were collapsing and giving up their double digit lead? Where was this winner when the Lakers dared him to shoot jumpers? You're bringing up one 3-pointer as if it makes up for his performance in that game. Making a meaningless 3-pointer does not make one a winner. How is Rondo a winner?

"meaningless"

tee, hee.

Red, runnin' as fast as he can.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:57 AM

"already over"

D, runnin' as fast as he can.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I think Cully enjoys reminding suns fans they gave up the rights for rajon for cash.

It is comforting seeing him not here day-to-day.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 10:59 AM
:lol falling in love with players for random stupid reasons

At O & 43! you've nary room.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Tbh the Suns shoulda used the 16th pick on Rondo like the Lakers did w/ Kobe

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Tbh the Suns shoulda used the 16th pick on Rondo like the Lakers did w/ Kobe

D, gettin' his peanut for a brain on.:rolleyes

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
I have no empiricals to bear out my reasoning twixt the two.

The '06 ring by Wade and Miami is a difficult one to stomach, but, I have to because it's my religion, so I don't & I won't qualify it, but, it does shade my judgment as to the worthyness of Wade. I need desperately to see Wade win another before I'll let him go in peace. I don't need that with Rondo. One was enough. His behavior in Game 7 when all was lost on that final three from the corner was astounding. Bryant there did not believe in Rondo and ran to Allen. It was a seminal moment.

Rondo will become lost in the game. Wade is still enamored watching it.

Holy shit, it's worse than I remembered. How can one person be this stupid?

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:03 AM
:lol and Dale is still too afraid to answer my question. Killakobe, how can you like this coward?

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:04 AM
D, gettin' his peanut for a brain on.:rolleyes
Says the guy too stupid to win a war :lol

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:04 AM
:lol and Dale is still too afraid to answer my question. Killakobe, how can you like this coward?
Killakobe is like cobbler in the sense that if Hitler was a Lakers fan, he'd find a way to justify the Holocaust

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
:lol Wade carries his team to a championship but it's unclear if he's a winner or not
:lol Rondo hits a 3 after doing jackshit when his team was struggling, and he's a winner

:lol how can anybody have such an idiotic opinion?

Bill_Brasky
03-04-2012, 11:11 AM
:lol Wade carries his team to a championship but it's unclear if he's a winner or not
:lol Rondo hits a 3 after doing jackshit when his team was struggling, and he's a winner

:lol how can anybody have such an idiotic opinion?

Holy shit that's fucking dumb.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Says the guy too stupid to win a war :lol

That's it, D? Really?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Killakobe is like cobbler in the sense that if Hitler was a Lakers fan, he'd find a way to justify the Holocaust

Oh, Lord.:rolleyes

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:15 AM

You're wasting your time, Red. He ain't my Luva, or, Kool, but, he'd not forsake me for money, marbles nor chalk.

Let us proceed.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Giuseppe http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4943593#post4943593)

I have no empiricals to bear out my reasoning twixt the two.

The '06 ring by Wade and Miami is a difficult one to stomach, but, I have to because it's my religion, so I don't & I won't qualify it, but, it does shade my judgment as to the worthyness of Wade. I need desperately to see Wade win another before I'll let him go in peace. I don't need that with Rondo. One was enough. His behavior in Game 7 when all was lost on that final three from the corner was astounding. Bryant there did not believe in Rondo and ran to Allen. It was a seminal moment.

Rondo will become lost in the game. Wade is still enamored watching it.]]]

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Lol I said I disagree with Cully ... Lol weak hitler analogy Lol Kobe is my favorite player Lol I was wrong about Kobe draft slot ...

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:21 AM
My favorite player is in my avy getting his champagne on

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:27 AM
That's it, D? Really?

Says the guy stupid enough to think Rondo's 3 mattered

That better?

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:31 AM
The key to being a winner is not carrying a team to a championship, but hitting a 3-pointer that doesn't change the outcome of a game at all.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Lol I was wrong about Kobe draft slot ...

Everytime I think DUNCAN is growing into manhood he'll break my heart with shit like that.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
He was wrong about the Kobe draft slot

I also find it funny someone who doesn't have a job is talking about manhood

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
The key to being a winner is not carrying a team to a championship, but hitting a 3-pointer that doesn't change the outcome if a game at all.

He couldn't press >fast forward< and hit the 3 at the same time.

Please.

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Is the key to being a man running away after being backed into a corner, Dale? You seem to have that locked down.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:35 AM
He was wrong about the Kobe draft slot

Yes, yes, I know. It's just childish of you to take out that hammer of a Sunday morning and rap him across the knuckles. I don't like to see you crawl like that.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Is the key to being a man running away after being backed into a corner, Dale? You seem to have that locked down.

You keep doing penance. You'll get there, Red.

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
:lol Dale calling others childish when his main strategy is to post the same thing over and over again because he's incapable of having a serious discussion.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Yes, yes, I know. It's just childish of you to take out that hammer of a Sunday morning and rap him across the knuckles. I don't like to see you crawl like that.
The fact he doesn't know the draft position of the player in his username hurts his credibility :lol

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:37 AM
The fact he doesn't know the draft position of the player in his username hurts his credibility :lol

I know, I know. You remind us of that periodically. You're obviously compelled.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:38 AM
:lol Dale calling others childish when his main strategy is to post the same thing over and over again because he's incapable of having a serious discussion.

"serious discussion"

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah, that must be it! That must be why he keeps arguing with a Hornets fan about Rondo!

lol not knowing when your favorite player was drafted

I was providing context why Cully overrates Rondo genius, not explaining why he was debating Red ... keep up.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I know, I know. You remind us of that periodically. You're obviously compelled.
Kobe nuthuggers not knowing when Kobe was drafted is a pretty compelling topic. I'll freely admit that.

It's as compelling as when Lakers fans try to talk about the 2005-2007 and constantly get information about those teams wrong, making it clear they never watched them.

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I asked you to explain how Rondo is a winner several times, Dale. Blame yourself for refusing to answer a simple question.

Goran Dragic
I was providing context why Cully overrates Rondo genius, not explaining why he was debating Red ... keep up.

Maybe.

Here is the thing. I dont disagree with what you guys are saying in principle. But wouldnt you argue Valde divac was more valuable than the 16th pick that netted Kobe?

How about George hill, Parker or Rondo going late in the 1st round?

I just think teams and fans fall in love with the potential of young players (on their bench like Lawson) when in reality the only real young players making a significant impact in the finals are Bynum and Rondo.

I will take proven vet talent and production everytime over potential UNLESS it's on a BIG man with upside.

Lawson is good but if you could get a big man I would do it ...if you fell that big man is worth it

:lmao

Giuseppe

He was giddy, Killa. Couldn't figure out how to immerse the Kobe draft gem. He finally just tossed it in, helter skelter.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:42 AM
:lmao

Peanut for a brain.:rolleyes

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:43 AM
:cry:cry

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Sure a random draft fact hurts my credibility in this cess pool. Feel free to use it, very relevant to the Rondo topic tbh. Cully no need to defend me let Goran switch lanes I was on His side and the genius attacks my credibility brilliant! !

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
:lol and now Dale is complaining about somebody else not letting something go.
:lol How many times is he going to bitch about people acting the same way he acts?

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Lol he likes me! Glad I'm on your radar ...I can feel the burn in Frisco, TX tbh

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Sure a random draft fact hurts my credibility in this cess pool. Feel free to use it, very relevant to the Rondo topic tbh. Cully no need to defend me let Goran switch lanes I was on His side and the genius attacks my credibility brilliant! !
Your Suns comment was retarded. Cully loving Rondo has nothing to do with the Suns. He's just incredibly stupid and thinks the 3 Rondo made when the game was already over is something that makes him a winner.

You were trying to qualify the retarded opinion of someone just because he's a Lakers fan and it's stupid when Lakers fans do that. Cobbler is the king of it.

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I can see why Goran was POTM debating the topic at hand is a natural gift

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I can see why Goran was POTM debating the topic at hand is a natural gift
There's nothing to debate. Cully's logic is retarded.

redzero
03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
If the average troll had the stupid opinions of Dale, people would dismiss them as too obvious.

There are actually people who are this retarded. Killakobe, there is no shame is in disagreeing with somebody who thinks that hitting a meaningless 3-pointer after doing jackshit, makes a player a winner.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:55 AM

It'd been awhile since he tagged you on it. His restraint is minimal.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
meaningless 3-pointer

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
No, I was not. I said I disagreed with Cully. I said Rondo is not a proven winner and I think he is overrated. Cully admitted he does enjoy that fact never said that is WHY he was debating Red. Since u are a fan of my previous work why not read the ones in this thread and get back 2 me? Never defended. Cully here

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 11:58 AM
the 3 Rondo made when the game was already over

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Reading is fundamental

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 12:20 PM
^"prevail" came into sharp focus when Perkins went out at the top of Game 6. It was possible after that. Within our pervue, our control and we knew it, from Jackson, to Kobe and on down. We could handle Wallace, and we left Allen in the bed he'd crapped.

To this day I still can't believe A.) that Perkins went down like that. & B.) that Perkins stayed down when he came out in his civvies for Game 7.

I felt like a gigantic weight had lifted from my shoulders.

redzero
03-04-2012, 12:22 PM
And Rondo crapping the bed for Game 7 made it even better. He deserves a ring for letting his team give up a double digit lead like that.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 12:23 PM
And Rondo crapping the bed for Game 7 made it even better. He deserves a ring for letting his team give up a double digit lead like that.

Oh, dem grapes is sour.

Killakobe81
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
On a related note, Rondo owning media sensation Jeremy Lin

redzero
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
On a related note, former media sensation Rondo owning media sensation Jeremy Lin

Fixed for Dale.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
^lmcontrollinao!!!

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
On a related note, Rondo owning media sensation Jeremy Lin

Like I said, Rondo is a winner.

redzero
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
How is Rondo a winner?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
How is Rondo a winner?

Asked & answered.

redzero
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
How does hitting a 3-pointer in a losing effort after doing jackshit make somebody a winner? And how is that better than carrying a team to a championship?

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 04:29 PM
How does hitting a 3-pointer in a losing effort after doing jackshit make somebody a winner? And how is that better than carrying a team to a championship?

Asked & answered.

redzero
03-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Where did you answer that? I know that you made those claims, but you didn't explain why you thought that way.

pass1st
03-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Where did you answer that? I know that you made those claims, but you didn't explain why you thought that way.

He means
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo95/bleedlakerspng/Celtics/Rondo340x.jpg

redzero
03-04-2012, 05:03 PM
If that was true, then Dale would believe that Wade is a winner, too, but he doesn't believe that to necessarily be the case.

This is what Dale believes:
-Although Wade carried his team to a title, he has to win another to become a winner.
-Rondo won a title as the fourth most important player on the 2008 title team, but he's a winner because he hit a 3-pointer in Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals (a game in which his team lost, by the way) after his team already collapsed and the damage was done.

A logical human being would wonder how that makes any sense, but Dale has refused to explain this idiocy.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I'd consider him 5th most important to the 2008 Celtics, James Posey was more important to that team

HarlemHeat37
03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Eddie House may have had more important plays, too, tbh..

redzero
03-04-2012, 05:40 PM
You might have a point. He did play tough defense and got cheap shots in on Kobe every chance he got.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 06:27 PM

You do your own footwork.

Scat!

redzero
03-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm retarded and have horrible basketball takes.

For once, we agree on something.

Giuseppe
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
^:rolleyes

AidanNelson2009
03-05-2012, 07:47 AM

That was back in 2007-08, when Garnett, Pierce and Allen were at their best, Rondo was only young and learning. Now, Rondo is hitting his prime while the likes of Garnett, Pierce and Allen are just about finished.

Boston either clear-out all their dead wood and work from the ground up, building a new team around Rondo, or they trade Rondo and try to get some decent players in return, and keep Garnett, Pierce and Allen to help with the transition.

redzero
03-05-2012, 08:28 AM
That was back in 2007-08, when Garnett, Pierce and Allen were at their best, Rondo was only young and learning. Now, Rondo is hitting his prime while the likes of Garnett, Pierce and Allen are just about finished.

Wow, that is totally new information!

Brazil
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
fortunately the Celts hasn't traded Rondo. He is the biggest reason this serie against Miami is competitive. He is showing so far in these POs he is legit imo fwiw

Dude is ballin'

I don't think the Celts will win the serie but if anything else Rondo is under rated.

Brazil
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM
he struggled with his shot tonite but he contributed 13 assists 6 reb 4 steals even with 5 TOs

good job good effort