PDA

View Full Version : Game Five Postgame Quotes

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 03:44 AM
LARRY BROWN

Q. The defense on the play that they inbounded with nine seconds left, was Sheed supposed to trap on that play? What happened on the play?
COACH LARRY BROWN: I guess there was miscommunication, but ultimately it's on me. You know, we talked about what we wanted to do, and he made a shot, made a great shot.
After it was over, we still had a chance. We're down one, we had 5.5 seconds. But up two with nine seconds to go, you talk about the things all year that you want to accomplish, and unfortunately we had a little miscommunication. You know, if everybody gets it, then you know you don't get in that situation. If everybody doesn't, it ultimately falls on me, so obviously we didn't get it.

Q. Coach, how big of a challenge is it now to go into San Antonio and winning those two games?
COACH LARRY BROWN: I have to get over this one. This was tough. We had a great opportunity. One, it was a heck of a game, and you've got to give them credit. Robert made some huge shots when they needed it. They defended great and did a lot of good things.
It's the kind of game you hate to see anybody lose, so we've got to just bounce back. We haven't won down there in a long time. We've got to figure out a way to realize that we've got to make it a one game series.

Q. Robert Horry so many times in his career has come up big in the playoffs, can you talk about his energy and the spark that he provide for the Spurs team?
COACH LARRY BROWN: Well, he made five out of six threes and made a big drive late. He did everything. He defended well. That's why I think he has five rings. He's a big time player. In moments like that, that's the difference. I have a lot of respect for that team and him, and what he's been able to do throughout his career. You don't play on championship caliber teams unless you have what he has. He's done it with Houston, he's done it with L.A. and now he's done it with San Antonio, and he usually does it at the most important time.

Q. At what point during the tight game when you watched Robert Horry hit one three and then the other do you start stressing to your players, don't leave him alone?
COACH LARRY BROWN: We did that two months ago. You know, you're up two with nine seconds to go, all you're thinking of is, no three point shots. Worst thing that can happen to you is a lay up, you've still got two time outs.
We've talked about it all the time. A couple of them he made with a hand up, but two we just left him. I have no explanation, but in big games, guys are trying their best. He still had to make the shots. Regardless, he still had to make them.
Again, somebody asked me something a while back about the fact that we didn't have any close games, what will happen if you get in it and if your team has been prepared for situations like that, and my response is, you do that from day one. You know, every practice you go over situations like that. It's not something that can all of a sudden because it's a 30 point game, go to a close game. You go over those things every single day. You talk about it. We always talk about late clock, switching late clock, and never trapping because you know the shot ultimately is going to come up.
But again, sometimes things like that happen. But he still had to make the shot, and you've got to give him credit for that. My background, down two, I'm damned if I let my guy take a three. I'm telling them nine seconds, we'll take it to the rim, get fouled, get a chance to offensive rebound. That's how dumb I am.

CHAUNCEY BILLUPS

Q. You've talked about how this team has played its best under the pressure type situations, down a game, two games in San Antonio, what are you expecting from your guys come Tuesday?
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS: I expect what we always do. We're going to come out, our backs are definitely against the wall. We're going into a hostile environment and, you know, it's win or go home.

Q. The energy and the play of Robert Horry, was that something that caught you guys off guard? You had him stopped in the fourth quarter, but he took over.
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS: Yeah, he was good, that's what he does. That's why he's got so many championships, because of his ability to be big in big games.
He was big, man. There's nothing that you really can say about him. He was unbelievable. He made all the right plays at the right times.

Q. You had the jumper and then that drive to the basket in the closing seconds, can you describe both of those?
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS: The jumper, I got a good look at it, just could not get down. They got a little confused on the pick and roll and I just tried to make them pay.
The layup, I took that, it was a play that we had drawn, it was a cross court play but it didn't really develop, so I just tried to make a play, take it to the basket. You know, didn't finish that one.

Q. Rip also had two that didn't go, how do you guys look at those missed opportunities?
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS: What do you mean? If we got it up, we would have won. We didn't, game is over.

Q. Coach said a couple of minutes ago that before he thinks about going on the road to San Antonio, he has to get over this game. Do you think from the players' point of view, is there something that he needs to do to help the players also find the right energy, or do you think maybe it's going to be more of a case that the players will help Larry get over this game?
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS: It's 3 2. If we can't have energy down 3 2, facing elimination, we shouldn't be there.

Q. Last play, how drastically were they forcing you or denying the ball?
CHAUNCEY BILLUPS: They did a good job. We drew the play up to get it to Rip in the corner and we got what we wanted. Just, you know, it was a tough shot to make.

TAYSHAUN PRINCE

Q: Does the fact that you guys won the last two in the Miami series give you confidence going back to San Antonio?
Prince: The Miami series has nothing to do with this series. We know what their team is capable of doing. Today, coming in here and stealing the win. Now, we have to go down there and make it happen.

Q: What can you say about the resiliency of the Spurs tonight?
Prince: They played great. We had to keep coming back tonight when they had the lead, and we took the lead in overtime and they came back.

Q: Having your backs against the wall, it almost seems like it’s an advantage for you guys?
Prince: We’ve had our backs against the wall before. You don’t want to be in the situation where it happens too many times. But up until this point, we have played great in that situation. Hopefully, we can continue to do that.

Q: Do you feel that you guys let this game slip through your fingers?
Prince: We did let it slip through our fingers. But we have to move on.

Q: Can you guys rebound emotionally from this loss?
Prince: It’s obviously tough to put a loss like tonight’s behind you, but we have to respond.

Q: You guys didn’t get a lot of points off of turnovers tonight. Was that the difference in the game?
Prince: It wasn’t the difference. Obviously, you make adjustments during the game. I don’t known how many turnovers they had, but they did take care of the ball better in the full court.

BEN WALLACE

Q. Obviously you played in The Finals before, but have you ever been in a game with that kind of nip and tuck, all the way to the end that had that kind of an atmosphere?
BEN WALLACE: Yeah, I've been in a couple games like that.

Q. What was the feeling out there? Can you describe just how tough it was to get separation? I mean, you guys did open up some leads, but it was just so close all the way through.
BEN WALLACE: Yeah, it's two teams out there fighting for every inch of the court. You've got two teams playing for a championship, you know, things like that happen. We knew it was going to be one of those games tonight.

Q. What happened on the last defensive set with six seconds to go or nine seconds to go and you were up by two and Robert Horry got free for the 3 pointer? Something Larry Brown just said, it was a miscommunication?
BEN WALLACE: Yeah, you know, they ran a little baseline screen with Duncan and Ginobili, and I think 'Sheed went to double team Ginobili in the corner and you know, they kicked it back to Robert Horry, and he knocked down a big shot for them.

Q. Do you feel like losing a tough game like this undoes all the momentum you had after Games 3 and 4?
BEN WALLACE: No, not really. You know, this series is not over. We've still got a lot of fight in us. We've got to do what they did. We've got to go there and find a way to win a game.
The series is not over, still got a lot of fight and you're not going to lose confidence by one game.

Q. How much fight do you have? How big a hill do you have to climb?
BEN WALLACE: We've got a tough task, but we've been in tough situations before, we're going to get ahead and continue to play. We're going to fight till the end. We have to stick together as a team, play the way we've been playing and not let this get us down. We're a tough minded team and we have some tough guys in the locker room. We'll bounce back.

Q. You haven't won in San Antonio like for ten games in a row, is there something special about playing against their crowd or in their arena?
BEN WALLACE: No, not really. That don't matter in the playoffs.

Q. On Robert Horry, he's done this so many times on the biggest stage, can you just talk about his performance and his energy in the end. He really picked them up in this game.
BEN WALLACE: Yeah, he was big for them. He made plays when they needed to make plays. He came out with a lot of energy, you know, knocked down big shot after big shot and was able to close off a great game with a great shot at the end. You know, that's what he's been doing all his career. He's a proven winner, a guy goes out and plays unselfish basketball and finds ways to win down the stretch and that's what he did tonight.

RASHEED WALLACE

Q: Tell me a bit about what happened on Robert Horry’s game-winning three-pointer?
Wallace: He hit a big shot. You got to give him credit. He hit a huge three.

Q: Why was Horry so open?
Wallace: I decided to double Tim Duncan down low, but [Horry] got the ball back and knocked down the shot.

Q: How do you guys feel after a tough loss like tonight’s?
Wallace: Our spirits are still high. In order to win this series, you’ve got to win four games, not three. The Spurs played a great game tonight. I have to take my hat off to them.

RICHARD HAMILTON

Q: How would you describe tonight’s game?
Hamilton: It’s tough, because we had an opportunity to win. They came down and made big shots, big plays. Both teams played hard. We thought we had it and he [Horry] hit a big shot

Q: You guys seem to play so well with your backs against the wall.
Hamilton. Yeah, now are backs are really against the wall. We got to roll in San Antonio and find a way to get the win.

Q: What is it going to take to regroup and get back on track?
Hamilton: We had it, we played great basketball up until that last play. We have to find a way to knuckle down and go down there and get one at a time

Q: Was it shocking to lose at home?
Hamilton: It’s shocking how we lost more than anything. It happens, it’s a seven game series and we have to find a way to get out of it.

Q: What can you say about the Spurs tonight?
Hamilton: They played hard, they played well.

LINDSEY HUNTER

Q: How difficult will it be to win two in San Antonio?
Hunter: Everything is difficult now, so no big deal, we got to win two.

Q: What do you have to do differently than last time you were in San Antonio?
Hunter: Effort, play the way we played here, that’s the bottom line.

Q: What was the difference between tonight and Games 3 & 4. Was it you or them?
Hunter: Combination of both. They made some adjustments and executed a lot better. Down the stretch I thought both teams were executing pretty good, and they came up with the bigger plays than we did.

Q: Do you think Rasheed is kicking himself for leaving Horry open on the game winner?
Hunter: Things like that happen and we’re a team. It wasn’t Rasheed’s fault. We’re a team, we lost, he didn’t lose.

Q: Was Horry’s performance in the fourth quarter and overtime one of the best you have ever seen?
Hunter: Oh yeah, I have seen Robert do it time and time again. I played with him in L.A., he knocked down some big shots. He had a great game.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 03:46 AM
GREGG POPOVICH

Q. The last play, what did you draw up and what happened after it went?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: We drew up what you saw. We put all the people where you saw we put them, and Rasheed double teamed, things changed and Manu made a great pass.

Q. Can you just talk about Robert Horry, fourth quarter, overtime, just stepping up his game.
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: He was unbelievable. We started the overtime with Nazr trying to get the tip, and we were fortunate enough to get it and stuck him right back in because throughout the fourth quarter, he was unbelievable. We had to keep him on the court as much as we could, and he read the floor great. He drove it, he got to the open areas. He's just got a great sense about him. He's a really smart player.

Q. Can you explain his penchant for this stuff and late game shots?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: That's who he is. That's one of the things he does. He does other things, too, but what people notice is that three, obviously, that he shoots.

Q. Robert was coming off his worst playoffs before you signed him, what made you decide to sign him?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: I just thought that really whether we were right or wrong at the time, I just thought he wore down. I thought he played too many minutes in L.A., you know, his final year, and he just didn't have anything left at that point.
But the way the league is going and the way people are playing, it's good to have a four man who can shoot the ball and spread the court. I think he's still fairly young. It's not like he's 36 or 37.
So we decided because of his leadership, because he's going to have a summer to rest, if we guarded his minutes, he might be able to be really helpful to us in playoff situations. So we kind of limit him during the year.

Q. You talked about the other things he did besides the threes, what about the one dunk, what were you thinking as he took off on that, put it down and then comes up holding his arm?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: Yeah, I was really worried about him, because he does have a problem in there and he keeps reinjuring it, but obviously it doesn't stop him from being aggressive. He made a great play, the lane opened up and he did something that was very aggressive and usually that works out well.

Q. During the time out with nine seconds left, did you anticipate that the Pistons might try to trap you guys, and have Horry in that position because of that?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: Well, Robert no. That's not why Robert was there. Robert is almost always there. He's there a lot, to handle the ball in those situations because we think he makes great choices. He's got the length and he can see things out there. So he's there quite often.
No, we did not know they were going to trap.

Q. You've got a chance, one game away from yet another title, can you just talk about how you feel personally about this great run you have? I mean, there's not many NBA coaches that have won three or more NBA titles, and you're closing in on that.
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: Is there another question?

Q. I mean, you don't want to any of the credit, that's a pretty incredible feat.
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: Any other questions?

Q. There were a lot of moments where you could have had frustration, Tim with the free throw problems and the crowd and everything, what was the tenor of the team during all of that and the spirit of what was going on in the last few minutes?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: I think initially they were a little bit down, understandably so. But I thought Manu, especially, he went over there and grabbed Timmy and talked to him, touched him and, you know, got to him on the bench. And the players were great about supporting each other at that point and remembering that we're starting over again and we had to have that energy. We couldn't afford to hang our heads. I thought they helped each other in that situation really well.

TIM DUNCAN

Q. The play of Robert Horry, you were carrying the team, it seemed, about the first three and a half quarters and then he just took over and just had a big game from that point on.
TIM DUNCAN: Yeah, unbelievable. That was probably the greatest performance I've ever been a part of, to just see him there and to see him as calm as he was and willing to do whatever. He was picking up charges, getting the rebounds and although continue to show is the shots that he knocked down but he did so much more than that down the stretch.

Q. Did you think he had enough to get that final shot in, all the energy he expended in that ten minute span?
TIM DUNCAN: Do I think he had enough? It's Bobby Horry. He does whatever he wants to do. He's Big Shot Bob. He does whatever he wants to do.

Q. Did the fourth quarter seem like a nightmare to you with all of the missed free throws and then you missed the tip at the end, and what was going through your mind at the end of regulation?
TIM DUNCAN: Absolute nightmare, yes, and it all compounded itself in the fourth quarter. We were happy to get the last shot. That's what we wanted at the end of the game in regulation, we wanted that last shot and we talked about getting the ball up in time to have an opportunity for that offensive rebound. We did that, I had the chance, it didn't go down, and the overtime we continued to play, we just knew there was a whole lot of possessions to be had. Guys were just impressive all around, Tony Parker, Manu continuing to attack, and of course Bobby.

Q. Have you ever had a stretch like that from the free throw line in a big game before?
TIM DUNCAN: Absolutely. (Laughter).

Q. We saw in the replay after Horry's three pointer, a big hug from you, and was that relief we saw in your face?
TIM DUNCAN: Absolutely, yes, definitely. He pulled me out of an incredible hole that I put myself in. Just talking about the team, everybody just kept on playing, we just kept on pushing through.
As I said, we just know how many possessions were left and continued to play every possession. Whether they were down, they were up four, whatever, it looks really bleak, but guys just pressed through it. We got rebounds and pushed back up the floor. Some shots didn't fall but we kept on playing.

Q. The amazing thing about Rob is that he looked so out of it in the first half, he really could not finish, and you guys have seen that from him before, right? It's like you can't really put him on the bench because he may suddenly snap into it.
TIM DUNCAN: You know what, I'll tell you the deal with Rob, Rob just hangs out the entire game. He does it all season long, he doesn't do anything. He doesn't feel like playing. He shows up sometimes, and then you put him in the fourth quarter in a big game, whether it be regular season or the playoffs, and he's like, "Okay, it's time to play now. I've been hanging out the entire season, it's time to play now." And he just turns it on. (Laughter). As funny as that seems, it's how it looks. It's how it is. He doesn't show up, doesn't feel like playing until it's a big game. (Laughter).

TONY PARKER

Q: What does this do for the Spurs’ confidence tonight?
Parker: It’s huge. It was tough the last two days because we really played bad and we were not playing Spurs basketball and we were not being ourselves. So it’s just huge for our confidence and it gives us extra energy, especially going back home in front of our fans. It’s just going to be great and I’m just happy. It was a great win. It was ugly but we’ll take it.

Q: Everyone is going to talk about Robert Horry, but let’s first talk about how you and Manu Ginobili set the tone? How were you able to do that tonight?
Parker: It’s just in our heads and made sure we were in attack mode. And tonight me and Manu were aggressive early on and got some easy baskets and got us going and Timmy (Duncan) got some easy baskets and everybody was playing well and we just have to play like that. We have to be in attack mode and not worried about what’s going to happen. Especially me and Manu, we just have to make stuff happen. Even if we miss, Timmy got some rebounds, and offensive rebounds and Nazr (Mohammed), the same thing and then we kick it out. And Robert (Horry) had a lot of wide open threes.

Q: You watched Robert Horry growing up and now you get to play with him. How big was Robert Horry’s performance tonight?
Parker: Now I’m enjoying it. Now I’m next to him so it’s great. Before I was watching him on TV, then I played against him, and now he’s on my team and I’m very happy he’s on my team. He just showed what he does best, hit big baskets in big games.

Q: Take us in the huddle in that final three when Robert inbounded to Manu. Was that designed all the way?
Parker: That was the play. Manu penetrates and we see what happens. Bruce (Bowen) or myself or Timmy or Robert – every time Manu penetrates, somebody is going to be open. He found the right guy and he made it.

Q: Is Robert Horry much more of an impact player than he was last year?
Parker: Definitely. Last year he played great too. He was awesome in the first round against Memphis and then maybe he was a little too excited against the Lakers. He tried to do too much. He wanted to beat them so bad that he was not playing like he used to so this year he’s been awesome the whole playoffs, since the beginning. He makes big baskets at the right moments.

MANU GINOBILI

Q. Talk about the play that set up the Robert Horry play, did you think you could get the Pistons to trap in the corner?
MANU GINOBILI: No, I didn't think they were going to do it. The play was for me to try to take that shot or play one on one, but as soon as I saw 'Sheed coming, you know, always my first option is Robert, especially in those moments. So as soon as I saw him I just gave him the ball and he made an unbelievable shot.

Q. So Robert didn't say anything to you, as he does once in a while?
MANU GINOBILI: No. Sometimes you don't need to say anything, you just see the game. I couldn't do anything in the corner with Rasheed coming to me, so I just gave him the ball. I had nothing else to do. So the credit goes all to him.

Q. Why is the corner the best place for you to get it there, because it seems like that's where you were supposed to get it, right?
MANU GINOBILI: Yes, but we ran out of plays for me to get it in the top, so Pop wanted to change it a little bit and that was it. It's not that I love going to the corner, it's just another play.

Q. This is another chapter for Robert Horry in terms of the playoffs. From your eyes, what is it about him that he's able to come up clutch in so many situations?
MANU GINOBILI: Confidence, he's a winner, he's been in this situation so many times that he knows what it takes and he loves that moment. So he's always waiting for his chance, and today people are going to remember that three, the dunk, a lot of important plays, he was just unbelievable.

Q. Coach Popovich said after regulation, you had kind of said some things to try to get the guys back up after the missed opportunity there at the end. What kind of things did you say to try to get him back up?
MANU GINOBILI: Well, if they were going to try to put me back in the game, I was a little bit frustrated because I thought I had it, I took a good shot, thought I was going to make it. And if not, I thought that as Ben Wallace came to me, Tim was going to be open for the rebound, so I was very upset that we could not finish in regulation.
But still, you know, you've got to forget things. It was hard for me, I really struggled in overtime a little bit, but still, I think we showed a great character. We played with a lot of heart and we were able to win.

Q. You are a relative newcomer to the league, are you aware of the big play performances in Horry's career that he's had in The Finals and all the rings and everything?
MANU GINOBILI: Yeah, yeah, I've watched most of them. Still, I was in Europe, I was a big fan of the NBA, and especially the playoffs. I watched all of them. So I'm very aware. And even if I didn't watch those games, you know, when you've got a teammate, you've got to try to understand what his career, what he did in the past, how he likes playing and stuff like that.
You know, Robert is not a mystery. Everybody knows what he does.

Q. You seemed to be able to get to the rim a lot more tonight, was that something the defense was doing or were you just being more aggressive?
MANU GINOBILI: I just tried to be more aggressive, go to the basket harder, grabbing the ball better, because they were slapping the ball out of our hands in Game 3 and Game 4. But I think that the key was to move the ball better. It's easier to go to the basket after a couple of baskets than, you know, holding the ball and letting the defense set.
I think what we did well was to move the ball, play unselfish and find the open guy.

BRUCE BOWEN

Q: Talk about Robert Horry’s performance.
Bowen: Rob’s been in this situation numerous times. It was just a pleasure being on the winning side of it of course.

Q: How does he continue to do things like this?
Bowen: You have to give him credit. It’s not about how can that guy be in that spot. He’s been prepared for these types of situations. No one ever ever questioned Michael Jordan during his hero moments. Rob is a seasoned veteran. He’s been through thick and thin on both sides. He’s been there where he’s missed that last shot.

ROBERT HORRY

Q. Robert, we've all seen you hit big shots before, but do you recall a stretch like you had in the fourth quarter and in overtime, big play after big play in a playoff or Finals game?
ROBERT HORRY: I think the Orlando series back when the 3 point lane was a lot shorter and you could do things of that nature. That was a time where the ball just felt good and the ball kept coming my way and I was able to do things like I did tonight.

Q. We saw your face on the replay as you were going up for that dunk, and when you came down as you grabbed your shoulder, what's going through your mind as you're in the air there and then when you came down?
ROBERT HORRY: When I was going through the air I was like, "Please let me get there, please let me get there." Because, you know, if I took a fall maybe a younger Rob could have got there with ease, but I wanted to get to the rack. I was hoping they weren't going to call a charge on me and that would be my sixth foul, and I just said, hopefully it would go in and it went in. I took off so far, I kind of hurt my shoulder, just an old injury that keeps flaring up. I just wanted to get there and hope I make a basket.

Q. The guys said that at halftime, you were frustrated and kind of sitting by yourself, talking to yourself.
ROBERT HORRY: (Laughing).

Q. What were you saying, No. 1, and it must have worked because you came out in the second half.
ROBERT HORRY: Yeah, I get on myself more than anybody. Coaches get on me but I still get on myself more than anybody, and I wanted to be the best teammate I could be, and I wasn't a very good teammate. I was turning the ball over and blowing layups, I just told myself, you've got to come out and help the team play, you're worried about them contesting your threes so much that you've just got to let it flow.

Q. When you see them double Ginobili in the corner, in that last play and you're open, what's going through your mind?
ROBERT HORRY: Actually, I wasn't even thinking about it, I said, "Okay, I'm getting ready to cut through," and Manu, it was supposed to be a pick and roll with Tim and I saw Rasheed bite and I set said, "Oh, let me stay out here."
I just got the ball back, since I was shooting well I wanted to let it fly. I'm the type of player, I want to win a game, I don't want to go to overtime. I'm always going to go for a three.

Q. I can't let you get on the bus without commenting on Tim's description of your play, the regular season, fourth quarter, playoffs.
ROBERT HORRY: Oh, man, you know, I don't know how to even talk about that, man. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. People start with, "He's lazy in the season, but then in the playoffs he comes."
But I don't think that has anything to do with it. You know, you can feel the energy here, you're not even playing but you can feel the energy. When you're in the playoffs you feel that energy and that makes you hyped and gives you the energy to go out and the playoffs, the fans, the atmosphere, it just hypes you up to go out and try to play better.

Q. Is that your answer to the success over the years and all the big shots and the Finals and the rings, you don't get excited until April?
ROBERT HORRY: It's the playoffs, man. If you don't get excited about the playoffs, you don't even deserve to be playing basketball. I get excited for the regular season, also, but it's just added excitement when the playoffs start.
Hey, check the stats, they are basically the same. They are basically the same. (Laughter).

Q. Would you agree that that was the greatest half by an individual in The Finals game since Jordan's first half six three pointers against Portland in '92, from a historical perspective? And second of all what does that say, that the decisive player in such a big game this year is someone that always says, "Keep the game fun and don't take it too seriously"?
ROBERT HORRY: I would say that, you know, there have been a lot of guys who have played incredible in the NBA Finals. I don't know, that, my second half, probably ranks probably 25th, somewhere down there like that, you know, but that's the thing. If you go through a basketball game, if you can't have a smile on your face, that's my philosophy, you've got to have a smile on your face and enjoy the game, because there's a lot more serious things going on in this world than playing the game of basketball, I just try to go out there, have fun, keep a smile on my face and enjoy what I do.

Q. Obviously Tim struggled at the line and in other ways, in the fourth quarter, besides taking a 3 2 series lead, how nice is it to pick him up and get the win?
ROBERT HORRY: Forget about Tim. He needs to make his free throws. Where is he? (Laughter).
It's a team effort. Guys miss free throws, like I missed a free throw. You can't pinpoint, from the people that missed theirs at the beginning of the half, you can't just label, point out one aspect of the game. It's a total team effort and his fourth quarter was disappointing.

Q. You've been in a lot of big games, was this the same feeling that you've had in a lot of these other big games or was this one different? It just seemed to be so nip and tuck all the way through.
ROBERT HORRY: To be honest with you, it felt a little bit better. One time I shot a three from way out deep, and I made it, oh, I'm ready now, I just had that feeling, I had that energy like, man, this is a good game.
You know, people have always been talking about how this is not going to be watched and it's just going to be a defensive struggle. Tonight was a good game to watch. It was a nail biter, two teams battling hard, it was fun to play.

Q. They said at the end of the broadcast that you did not like the nickname "Big Shot Bob". Which part didn't you like, you want it to be Rob or what?
ROBERT HORRY: You can make it Rob, R o b, but B o b, that's not me. But Timmy, you see, he found out about that, just killing it, rubbing it in, "Bob, Bobby." Tim is just a jerk, man. Wait until I see him. (Laughter).

Horry For 3!
06-20-2005, 04:25 AM
I was reading Ginobili's and yeah it was smart to grab the ball harder cause all the Pistons do is go for the steal so just hold onto it and get the foul.

Sense
06-20-2005, 04:34 AM
I love Bobby!!

lol...

PM5K
06-20-2005, 04:40 AM
Well straight from the horses mouth, ignore those play by play and color guys that can't get it right, BIG SHOT ROB

Sense
06-20-2005, 04:41 AM
Well straight from the horses mouth, ignore those play by play and color guys that can't get it right, BIG SHOT ROB

We obviously know that's how it goes.. if you referred to me I was being sarcastic..

A true fan knows it's Rob when it's complimentary.

ata
06-20-2005, 06:49 AM
Can't belive it. Bruce with only 2 (two) questions. Man was big tonight, when switched on Chauncy he denied him completely. Without him, Horry woudn't get a chance to close the game.

xcoriate
06-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Sense I don't think he was talking to you specifically.

That was some of the best post game stuff I ever read. From Big Shot Bobby to Pops refusal to answer the question twice, to Horrys explanation of events.

50 cent
06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
RICHARD HAMILTON

Q: How would you describe tonight’s game?
Hamilton: It’s tough, because we had an opportunity to win. They came down and made big shots, big plays. Both teams played hard. We thought we had it and he [Horry] hit a big shot.

:lmao :lmao :lmao