PDA

View Full Version : Steelers moves

biziofromdowntown
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
What do u think about latest pittsburgh moves? they released Ward,Komoteanu, Smith and most of all Farrior...youth movement?

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 09:12 AM
cap cuts tbh. They needed to get under the cap

JoeTait75
03-04-2012, 09:19 AM
What do u think about latest pittsburgh moves? they released Ward,Komoteanu, Smith and most of all Farrior...youth movement?

Cap moves, as DoK said. Ward is D-O-N-E, Smith is always hurt and Komoteanu is hot garbage. They've got replacements for Ward (Antonio Brown) and Smith (Cam Heyward) already in the pipeline.

biziofromdowntown
03-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Cap moves, as DoK said. Ward is D-O-N-E, Smith is always hurt and Komoteanu is hot garbage. They've got replacements for Ward (Antonio Brown) and Smith (Cam Heyward) already in the pipeline.

exactly what i mean, and replacements look better than who's gone 4 me

JoeTait75
03-04-2012, 09:29 AM
exactly what i mean, and replacements look better than who's gone 4 me

Yeah, me too.

I generally operate under the assumption that the Steelers know what they're doing regardless of how things look on the surface. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I've always said Smith is underrated but that doesn't matter when he's on IR by week 5 every year. Ward is definitely done and as long as they manage to keep Mike Wallace their receivers will be fine.

Farrior is their only potential damaging loss, as they dont have any replacement for him lined up and Timmons is a WILB who imo wouldn't be nearly as productive as the SILB.

biziofromdowntown
03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Smith was underrated but too much injury prone, last two years played 3 or 4 games. Maybe Steelers thinks there's a possible steal of the draft or any FA move possibility, no?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Aaron Smith was a beast and one of the most underrated players ever. That being said, as mentioned above he's no longer capable of staying healthy. Heyward has big shoes to fill, and Ziggy Hood needs to wake the fuck up too. Kiesel's also been an underrated player for PIT, but he's getting long in the tooth too.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 10:20 AM
They also need to look into drafting a replacement for Casey Hampton tbh. I'm surprised he's still playing well at his age.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 10:25 AM
This is also just me but imo I think they're making a big mistake trying to go back to a run first offense. They don't have the line for that anymore and pass first teams are the teams that are winning right now.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Steelers are aging fast across the board on defense. Hampton is getting older but he's still damn good, and they need to address the CB position, imo. Ike Taylor's been solid for years, but he was torched by Tebow of all people in that playoff game. I forget who their other starting CB is, but he's nothing special either. Throw in that gascan Nickel CB in William Gay and it's looking rough. Polamalu and Clark are a great safety combo, but they are 31 and 32 respectively.

In the LB corps, Farrior was definitely beginning to show his age--dude was slow as shit the last 3 years, despite still being smart and effective. Harrison is 33 or 34, but they still have that manchild in Lamarr Woodley for an elite pass-rusher. Timmons is the most athletically gifted of the bunch, but hasn't broken out yet. DoK is right that he's much more effective as the Will--that's where you put your freakishly athletic n!ggerbeast in most cases anyways.

If Hood and Heyward can materialize enough to the point where they are effective (that's all you need to be as a 3-4 DE), then the loss of Smith and the impending loss of Kiesel won't be a big hit.

Goran Dragic
03-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah James Harrison might be a cut they make in the near future. They have an OLB they drafted in the 2nd round a few years ago and Harrison would clear up a lot of cap room for them.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
This is also just me but imo I think they're making a big mistake trying to go back to a run first offense. They don't have the line for that anymore and pass first teams are the teams that are winning right now.

+1, and forget about the offensive line for a second. True, they are much better pass-blockers than run-blockers, but Rashard Mendenhall is vastly overrated and just flat out sucks, imo. What RB dances more than he does?

He's been nothing but disappointing, and Isaac Redman has looked better than him when getting touches.:lol

Steelers made a big mistake letting go of Arians, imo.

biziofromdowntown
03-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Redman looks very productive, Mendenhall have to get better if he wants mantain his spot as first RB...and what do u think about Wallace? does he deserve the max contract Steelers r going to subscribe??

JoeTait75
03-04-2012, 11:00 AM
and what do u think about Wallace? does he deserve the max contract Steelers r going to subscribe??

This might sound strange; I think Wallace does deserve the big contract from Pittsburgh, but he might not deserve it from another team. He fits perfectly with the QB they have (huge arm, ability to extend plays, excellent play-faker) but on another team he wouldn't be as effective.

To me Wallace is a very high-end role player, not an elite WR. But he brings an element to Pittsburgh's offense that they badly need and that they couldn't easily replace.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Redman looks very productive, Mendenhall have to get better if he wants mantain his spot as first RB...and what do u think about Wallace? does he deserve the max contract Steelers r going to subscribe??

I'm never a fan of giving crazy money to a WR unless it's a Moss or Megatron talent, but Wallace is a beast, and the Steelers' passing game is the best thing going for that team right now. I'm a big fan of Antonio Brown too...keep those 2 young wr's and Ben and you'll have a bigplay offense for years