PDA

View Full Version : Manus status..

spurbyheart
03-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Anybody know if Manu is a go tonight I'm going to the game..

ElNono
03-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Manu is going to the game too, I'm pretty sure

DesignatedT
03-04-2012, 12:41 PM
game time decision.

will_spurs
03-04-2012, 12:44 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN: Spurs won't hold shootaround this morning, so Manu's availability will be a true game-time decision tonight vs. Denver.

@JMcDonald_SAEN: By all accounts, Manu looked good in rigorous 5 on 5 work yesterday. Signs point to him playing tonight, but we'll see.

spurbyheart
03-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Ok thanks guys. Hope he plays

jestersmash
03-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I think it was Sean who mentioned this but I wonder if it'd be prudent to give Manu a couple of days more rest. We've got Denver tonight, New York on Wednesday, Clippers on Friday, and then we don't play again until the following Monday (Saturday+Sunday off).

What if we give him one more solid week of rest and have him come back on Monday against Washington and then really ease him into the lineup properly.

Pop played him 17 minutes his first night back and then 25 minutes against Detroit (where he contracted his oblique injury if I recall correctly). Granted, we can't be sure if Manu coming back "too fast" contributed to his oblique injury, but cutting back on his minutes early on is still something to think about. Say we give him 7-8 minutes on his first game back, then 10-12 min, 13-15 min., 18-20, 23-25, etc. all the while making sure that he continues with his conditioning work in practice until he reaches his "ideal" playing time of 29-32 MPG. It'll probably take around 15-20 games until he truly gets back into "game shape," and he'll have another 6 or 7 solid games to play while in game shape before the playoffs.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I think it was Sean who mentioned this but I wonder if it'd be prudent to give Manu a couple of days more rest. We've got Denver tonight, New York on Wednesday, Clippers on Friday, and then we don't play again until the following Monday (Saturday+Sunday off).

What if we give him one more solid week of rest and have him come back on Monday against Washington and then really ease him into the lineup properly.

Pop played him 17 minutes his first night back and then 25 minutes against Detroit (where he contracted his oblique injury if I recall correctly). Granted, we can't be sure if Manu coming back "too fast" contributed to his oblique injury, but cutting back on his minutes early on is still something to think about. Say we give him 7-8 minutes on his first game back, then 10-12 min, 13-15 min., 18-20, 23-25, etc. all the while making sure that he continues with his conditioning work in practice until he reaches his "ideal" playing time of 29-32 MPG. It'll probably take around 15-20 games until he truly gets back into "game shape," and he'll have another 6 or 7 solid games to play while in game shape before the playoffs.

At this point, it is no longer about Manu's rest, it's about Tony's. He's being badly overused as the sole penetrate/kick/shoot/score multi option ballhandler.

ElNono
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
If there's something Manu has had enough of is rest. He needs minutes to get in game shape.

will_spurs
03-04-2012, 08:36 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN: For those tracking such things, Manu's got a jersey hanging in his locker tonight. Usually a sign a player intends to suit up.

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Pop wants to see how Manu comes out of warm-ups before pronouncing him good to go but says "I would lean toward to positive side."

@JMcDonald_SAEN: However ... Tim Duncan's status is in doubt. He was flu-like symptoms. See how he feels after warm-ups.

@Monroe_SA: Tim duncan will be game time decision for #Spurs ... Has flu-like symptoms

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Fernandez, Gallo, Nene and Koufos will not play for Denver tonight. TinaFey Mozgov will give it a go on a sprained ankle.

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Watching Manu warm up right now. He's shooting like a guy who wants to play.

will_spurs
03-04-2012, 08:50 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN: Once again, I'm no doctor. But can report from pre-game locker room that Tim Duncan looks decidedly not well.

@JMcDonald_SAEN: Manu finished his workout and went straight to the training room. From there, I suppose he heads to the big man's office. Decision awaits.

@JMcDonald_SAEN: And here it is. RT @Monroe_SA @manuginobili says he will play tonight ... 'Here we go again. I'm excited, not anxious. It's been too long.'

sehui
03-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Is Duncan just feeling ill? Also, I wonder if Manu will start or come off the bench