PDA

View Full Version : When Pop wins his 3rd Finals, is he guaranteed a Hall of Fame ticket?

BigShotBob
06-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a longtime reader of Spurs Talk. I lurk more than post, mainly because I moved away from San Antonio and haven't been able to watch as many regular season Spurs games as I used to on local television or live games and I sometimes feel out of the loop. :pctoss I read this forum before it was called Spurs Talk, and I even used to read the Spurs Report site although I think that message board was removed. I thought BigShotBob was an appropriate name today. :fro

I remember when Pop was first hired and so many fans seemed to second guess him. I know I was one of them. I was mad at how he handled situations with Bob Hill and Dennis Rodman when he was only the GM, and was reluctant to accept him as our new coach, especially when he tanked the season. I wasn't always thrilled with his adjustments, but I think he has grown into perhaps the greatest coach in the current NBA. Something is different about him now, maybe it's experience? Maybe it's because he has so much more talent to go to now? We never had players like Ginobilli and TParker in Pop's early years. It was Vinny Del Negro, or Antonio Daniels or someone else.

I sometimes read a Lakers forum called LakersGround.Net, probably because I hate that team so much, it satisfies my masochistic pleasures to read what those people think. :lol Right now, many of them are writing that Pop is a better coach than Larry Brown or Phil Jackson. And you know how hard it is to get props from Lakers fans when it involves the Spurs!

So does Pop receive a free Hall of Fame ticket if the Spurs win this series which I think everyone expects them to do now?

boutons
06-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Probably. His career winning percentage is way up there, plus 2 rings, very probably more.

While it was said that Phil would never get COY while he was coaching Michael, I don't think the same logic would apply to Pop coaching Tim. A lot of coaches have coahced HoF players but didn't win rings or come anywhere near Pop's season and playoff winning percentages.

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 08:33 AM
I think he will.

SPARKY
06-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Series isn't over. There will be plenty of time for discussion of that this summer should the Spurs win this series.

SWC Bonfire
06-20-2005, 09:05 AM
He will, if he doesn't get fired first. :lol

Fire Pop! :lmao

Solid D
06-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Pop: "Next question".