PDA

View Full Version : 18 of his 21 points

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Horry was so clutch last night that 18 of his 21 points either tied the game or put the Spurs up after being behind.

Horry now passes Steve Kerr in Spurs playoff lore as the biggest clutch performance in Spurs' history.

Is it coincidence that the two players that have done this for SA, earned their playoff stripes, and made names for themselves on other championship teams, earning 10 rings betw them?

I think RC and Pop know their stuff, huh?

:smokin

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Did you guys hear Hubie Brown screaming "Horry's open, he open," when Manu had the ball in the corner right before Manu passed the ball to Horry?

Hubie knows his shit. :smokin

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Horry is the best clutch player I've ever seen.
It's gotta be mental.. you see so many other players get all sweaty nervous and unbalanced under that kind of pressure.... whereas Horry just blossoms.
Like he needs that pressure to really really play.

And yeah, I heard Hubie... I was saying it while he was saying it. I love that man... Skeletor that he is.

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 08:36 AM
, Skeletor that he is.

:lol

SPARKY
06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
That was one of the top 2 displays of nutsack by a Spur, ever. I'd still have to give Elliott the edge for the MDM, playing with a sick kidney and all. Horry's dunk with the hurt shoulder was quite impressive though. He's found the fountain of youth, perhaps.

boutons
06-20-2005, 08:39 AM
(Chauncey is also one son-of-a-bithcin clutch scorer.

It was a huge compliment from Pop to put Bruce on Chauncey.)

Robert said awhile back that in some orgs, you like the players, but not the coach. In other orgs, you like the coach but not the players. But with the Spurs org, Robert said he likes both.

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 08:51 AM
That was one of the top 2 displays of nutsack by a Spur, ever. I'd still have to give Elliott the edge for the MDM, playing with a sick kidney and all. Horry's dunk with the hurt shoulder was quite impressive though. He's found the fountain of youth, perhaps.

Sean made the 2nd best clutch shot to Horry's last night. Elliott's was in Game 2, so Horry's game 5 was bigger in my opinion, given the fact that Detroit had SA on the ropes the last 3 games.

IMO as far as clutch performances late in playoff game, not just one shot, but for a quarter and OT:

Horry>Kerr>TD in game 5 at NJ>Sean

SPARKY
06-20-2005, 09:47 AM
I said "nutsack" you coedine addicted wine guzzler.

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I said "nutsack" you coedine addicted wine guzzler.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:angel

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
(Chauncey is also one son-of-a-bithcin clutch scorer.

It was a huge compliment from Pop to put Bruce on Chauncey.)

Robert said awhile back that in some orgs, you like the players, but not the coach. In other orgs, you like the coach but not the players. But with the Spurs org, Robert said he likes both.
I was wondering why we waited so long to put Bruce on Chauncy...Tony can cover Chauncy at all.

I think we should put Bruce on Chauncy(if he's playing well) and let fucking Devin play Rip...Why doesn't pop realize that Devin's talent is being wasted for the bench? Devin is better than fucking 2 minutes per game.

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I was wondering why we waited so long to put Bruce on Chauncy...Tony can cover Chauncy at all.

I think we should put Bruce on Chauncy(if he's playing well) and let fucking Devin play Rip...Why doesn't pop realize that Devin's talent is being wasted for the bench? Devin is better than fucking 2 minutes per game.

So you bench Parker, so we can have Brown in?

I don't think so.

ALVAREZ6
06-20-2005, 10:28 AM
So you bench Parker, so we can have Brown in?

I don't think so.
In a time of the game where the winner goes on to win the title (in a realistic situation) and the most important thing is defense....I do think so.

Parker on Rip doesn't sound too good, even if he stopped him 1 time on that last play.

Solid D
06-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Parker on Rip doesn't sound too good, even if he stopped him 1 time on that last play.

Parker on Rip doesn't sound like a good matchup...and for that very reason, it took the ball out of the hands of Chauncey Billups, "Mr. Big Shot". It was a perceived mismatch...a blessing in disguise in the grand scheme of things.

HubieBrownBuysOffMe
06-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Horry is the best clutch player I've ever seen.
It's gotta be mental.. you see so many other players get all sweaty nervous and unbalanced under that kind of pressure.... whereas Horry just blossoms.
Like he needs that pressure to really really play.

And yeah, I heard Hubie... I was saying it while he was saying it. I love that man... Skeletor that he is.
Hyuk, hyuk, hyuk! You must NEVER leave Robert Horry open in the three point area! You are Hubie Brown, you are right!

Marklar MM
06-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Parker on Rip doesn't sound like a good matchup...and for that very reason, it took the ball out of the hands of Chauncey Billups, "Mr. Big Shot". It was a perceived mismatch...a blessing in disguise in the grand scheme of things.

Billups was double teamed, so he could not get the in bounds pass.