PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars - Machete Order

Spurminator
03-05-2012, 12:41 PM
This is a week old, so maybe old news to some of you, but since there's no thread yet, what do you think?

http://static.nomachetejuggling.com/machete_order.html

I'm going to try this with my wife, who hasn't seen any of them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Interesting. My one concern (and maybe he addressed this somewhere in there, I didn't read it all) would be that II and III would actually look worse in this equation. They benefited the most of any of the films from the comparison. Even at their weakest moments people could still say, "Well it's not Episode I." Now you're chasing what is probably the best film in the series (or at least the one that is the least outrightly summer blockbustery) with two films that are still weaker than anything in the original trilogy.

Then again when you're dealing with any big narrative arc there's usually a few chapters where the quality takes a dip in the middle anyways.

CuckingFunt
03-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I approve any order that gets rid of Jar-Jar.

stretch
03-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't get why people hate III as much as they do. IMO, its the second best in the series, behind Empire Strikes Back.

Mark in Austin
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Actually makes sense.

I was already down with the proper viewing order being IV, V, I, II, III, VI. After reading the summary, axing I makes sense in terms of viewing the whole thing as a continuous saga. Then I becomes auxiliary material like the Clone Wars or the Animatrix.