PDA

View Full Version : Spurs assign TJ Ford to Toros for 1 day

bklynspursfan
03-05-2012, 01:53 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/march/spurs-assign-ford-to-d-league-for-rehab-stint.html

ChumpDumper
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Just in time to wear the pink uniform!

RTXhsxUu5Jg

ChumpDumper
03-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Are they going to recall Joseph?

robino2001
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Isn't it for practice today only since the Toros are practicing in SA. Without the assignment, TJ couldn't practice with the team as the Spurs are off today. This allows him to practice with the Toros today then back to practice with the Spurs tomorrow. No games for TJ in Toros unis just yet...

robino2001
03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Ford will practice with the Toros today in San Antonio at the Spurs practice facility. He is scheduled to rejoin the Spurs tomorrow.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120305_tj_ford_austin_toros_rehab_stint

ace3g
03-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Ford will practice with the Toros today in San Antonio at the Spurs practice facility. He is scheduled to rejoin the Spurs tomorrow.

Ford has averaged 4.5 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists in two games since returning from injury on March 2.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/120305_tj_ford_austin_toros_rehab_stint

ChumpDumper
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Isn't it for practice today only since the Toros are practicing in SA. Without the assignment, TJ couldn't practice with the team as the Spurs are off today. This allows him to practice with the Toros today then back to practice with the Spurs tomorrow. No games for TJ in Toros unis just yet...That makes sense. The assignment is just a technicality.

TJ dodges the pink bullet.

timvp
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Wait, so the Toros don't play until Thursday? I assumed by this news that the Toros would play today or tomorrow and Ford would be back by Wednesday. But if the Toros don't play until Thursday, that means Ford will miss at least Wednesday's game.

That is really odd timing. The Spurs could have waiting until this weekend to send Ford to the Toros. Then Ford could have played two games with the Toros on Saturday and Sunday ... and then returned in time for the Spurs game on Monday. Doing it that way would have allowed him not to miss any NBA games while getting two games in on the Toros.

I don't really get the logic behind it, tbh.

ChumpDumper
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Apparently, TJ has to be assigned to the Toros to be able to practice with the Toros.

They did the same with Neal earlier this season.

timvp
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Apparently, TJ has to be assigned to the Toros to be able to practice with the Toros.

They did the same with Neal earlier this season.
Ah, the title of this thread is wrong. As far as I can find, it doesn't say anywhere that Ford is being sent down for a game ... just a rehab stint.

So yeah, if Ford is just going to get a couple practices in, that's fine. And not overly necessary. Seems like a way to justify the existence of the Toros, tbh.

bklynspursfan
03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Sorry if the thread was misleading, but when the article came out it said "T.J. Ford will be joining Cory Joseph out in Austin as the San Antonio Spurs have announced Ford will be joining the Toros for a one-game rehab-stint."

I took that as he would be playing a game with the Toros. Now I'm seeing he's just practicing? We talkin bout' practice? Not a game. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Since when have veterans been eligible for assignment to development league teams? I thought there were player restrictions of some sort

ChumpDumper
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Since when have veterans been eligible for assignment to development league teams? I thought there were player restrictions of some sortStarting this season, they can be sent down for rehab assignments.

Yi Jianlian did one early in the season for Dallas/Frisco.

Darkwaters
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Starting this season, they can be sent down for rehab assignments.

Yi Jianlian did one early in the season for Dallas/Frisco.

Yea, the biggest story in the league the last week has been Lamar Odom's getting assigned to the D-League. It ended up not happenening in the end, but was discussed ad naseum.

Darkwaters
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
eGDBR2L5kzI