PDA

View Full Version : 30 teams, 10 days: Atlanta Hawks

MattBonnerExperience
03-05-2012, 11:57 PM
With the trade deadline looming around i've decided to start a new series of threads, 30 teams, 10 days and discussing possible trades to really help these teams that also make sense for the other team. I'll start of with the Atlanta Hawks.

Atlanta is having a very Atlanta season so far, which is bad. They beat the teams they're supposed to but lose to those they might have a chance against. Well what's the problem this year? It's offense, J-Smoove refuses to stop shooting 3's until he gets traded, Willie Green plays, Marvin Williams is getting more than 10 minutes a game, oh yeah and Iso Joe is keeping true to his name and thier best player, horford is hurt and still playing out of position.

So let's look at a possible trade to make them a little better this year.
Atlanta gets:
David Lee
Monta Ellis

Golden State gets:
Josh Smith
Marvin Williams

I like this trade because first off, how much fun would it be to have Ellis and Johnson start and fight for the ball every posetion. But this turns the hawks into a scary good offensive unti with Teague, Ellis, Joe, Lee, and Horford. Which at this point the hawks need to be good offensivly to have any chance at a title. The warriors also win because now they can really be this defensive team that jackson wants, finally ends the back court dilema, and save money.

Overall it's really hard just to make the hawks better because of Joe johnsons dead body taking up alot of shots and cap. But what about you guys? Any ideas on not terrible trades that can help these hawks?

MattBonnerExperience
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Well shit, does anyone even care?

Halberto
03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
you are NOT timvp

MattBonnerExperience
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I never claimed to be tiMVP. That doesn't mean I can't contribute some insight.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
You may not get a lot of responses, but it's an entertaining read nonetheless so keep doing it:tu

I'd stick to playoff teams (and prospective ones) though, no need for all 30. People aren't going to pay attention to the Wizards and Kings:lol

MattBonnerExperience
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
You may not get a lot of responses, but it's an entertaining read nonetheless so keep doing it:tu

I'd stick to playoff teams (and prospective ones) though, no need for all 30. People aren't going to pay attention to the Wizards and Kings:lol

Thank you! I just wanted to know that atleast 1 person enjoyed it. Also that's a good idea because it's not exactly thinking of trades to help the wizards and I don't have the time for it.

Ace
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM

This is true... :toast

MattBonnerExperience
03-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Beantown is home to the most NBA championships in the world. But so far this season it looks like adding another one is not an option. And in Boston that is not an option so for better or worse, changes have to be made. The problem is their best trade chip is also their best player and only good long term contract. I mean who's going to trade a good player or top 10 pick for garnetts aging body for a year, oh yeah and also none of the marquee players want to join Boston. That leaves one option, bottom out and go for one last run because no matter what, these next few years are going to be rough.

Boston gets:
Demarcus Cousins
Tyreke Evans
Tyler Honeycutt

Sacremento gets:
Rajon Rondo
Bostons 2012 first round pick.

Now don't think I'm a total idiot yet because this trade works for everyone.
For they get younger, a great frontcourt player, a guy who wants to make his shoots and another 6 fouls on the wing. KG will hopefully make productfull men out of the two Sac town kids. Just imagine how scary a starting lineup of a Evans who passes and drives, Allen, Pierce, KG, and DMC would be. That's a title contender, oh and hey look you got future plan now!

For Sacramento this is a little harder sell. These are they're last two lottory picks and so called "future" but let's be honest here, that team is all black holes and Chuck Hayes. With Rondo they can actually be *gasp* good. Actually yeah, I may be crazy. But this also saves the maloofs the money they don't have to pay those kids in a couple years which is a big factor.

Overall this trade can seem fair, but Boston really wins this and at this point that's the best Sacramento can get.

100%duncan
03-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Well shit, does anyone even care?

who fuckin cares about the hawks