PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Miracle vs. MDM

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Obviously Horry's shot was a little more impactful (this is the finals after all), but pound for pound, which shot had more drama? Sean Elliott's catch, spin, balance with his heels out of bounds and shoot or Bob's wide open look? Elliott's shot I think was kind of deserving of the miracle title as it's not a shot that I think anyone really expected to go in but Sean. And then you have Horry, whose shot was lacking in degree of difficulty but the pressure and clutch factors are off the charts? You make the call!

SWC Bonfire
06-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Memorial Day Miracle>Father's Day For Three/Motor City Miracle/Juneteenth Jawdropper

A clutch shot, but nowhere near the degree of difficulty as Ol' 32.

GoSpurs21
06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
I like the way WOAI coined it
Father's Day Phenom

and by the way FDP >>>> MDM sorry but more at stake in last nights game and it was on the road, last home game for opposition

SWC Bonfire
06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
and by the way FDP >>>> MDM sorry but more at stake in last nights game and it was on the road, last home game for opposition

There was no precedent for the MDM shot... That one shot made the Spurs a winning franchise.... before that shot, you just knew that the Spurs couldn't do it when it counted. Afterwards, when you learned of Sean's condition, it just made it that much more impressive. And the Spurs never led in that game until after, and it stole all the momentum from Portland and the Spurs ran with it all the way to the finals.

It will always be the biggest shot in Spurs history, IMO. Hitting a wide-open three isn't a miracle, but a damn good shot, and I'll take it!:tu

DarrinS
06-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Horry's dunk and 3-pointer will be immoratalized in Spurs history, but Elliot's shot was more difficult IMO.

easjer
06-20-2005, 11:12 AM
In terms of game impact, FDM, no doubt.

In terms of history, challenge, awe-inspiring, graceful, MDM, no doubt.

TMSKILZ
06-20-2005, 11:43 AM
For me it is MDM , that shot Sean made to this day I can't believe he made! :eek:

I mean the guy caught the shot off balance, body leaning one way, spun, had to tip toe, balance himself & then shoot over a 6-11 guy (Rasheed Wallace) in full extension & nail the 3.

Jimcs50
06-20-2005, 11:45 AM
For me it is MDM , that shot Sean made to this day I can't believe he made! :eek:

I mean the guy caught the shot off balance, body leaning one way, spun, had to tip toe, balance himself & then shoot over a 6-11 guy (Rasheed Wallace) in full extension & nail the 3.

Horry's much bigger.

Reason is, if Sean misses, Spurs still win series.

If Horry misses, Detroit wins championship.

Huge difference.

cmc$purs
06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
might as well ask which child you love more :elephant :elephant :spin :spin

Ripper
06-20-2005, 12:09 PM
haha i was thinking MDM=Mothers Day Miracle??

fraga
06-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Mdm > Fdp

Mark in Austin
06-20-2005, 12:46 PM
There was no precedent for the MDM shot... That one shot made the Spurs a winning franchise.... before that shot, you just knew that the Spurs couldn't do it when it counted. Afterwards, when you learned of Sean's condition, it just made it that much more impressive. And the Spurs never led in that game until after, and it stole all the momentum from Portland and the Spurs ran with it all the way to the finals.

It will always be the biggest shot in Spurs history, IMO. Hitting a wide-open three isn't a miracle, but a damn good shot, and I'll take it!:tu

agreed. Sean's shot was precedent setting. It changed the entire fanbase's view of their team. MUCH Higher degree of difficulty, and Elliott had just as outstanding an overall shooting performance as Horry that game. For those of you who say the Spurs would have won the '99 Portland series anyway, that is doubtful at best. If Portland had won game 2, they would have had home court advantage and kept their confidence. That one shot decimated the Blazers in two ways: first, it solidified the Spurs believeing in themselves as a team of destiny. Second, it was the catylist for the Blazer meltdown that followed. Who's to say if they would have self destructed that way if they went back to Portland tied? That Portland team was mentally weak when things didn't go their way. When things got on a roll for them, they could absolutely dominate a game.

atlfan25
06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
i am pissed that the game happened to fall on fathers day, otherwise there wouldn't be any dumb names for the game winning shot.