PDA

View Full Version : Colts to Release Manning Wednesday

djohn2oo8
03-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Print (http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=7653897&type=story)
Comments (http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7653897/sources-indianapolis-colts-part-peyton-manning-wednesday)8 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7653897/sources-indianapolis-colts-part-peyton-manning-wednesday)
ESPN.com news services

Peyton Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning)'s 14-year career as a member of the Indianapolis Colts (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ind/indianapolis-colts) is coming to an end.

Sources close to the team told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the announcement will come at a press conference in Indianapolis on Wednesday.

The decision to pass on the $28 million bonus owed Manning and not to pick up the four remaining years on his contract means Manning will become a free agent, and sources say that he intends to continue to play.

The Colts decided not to pick up Manning's option because of concerns they had over his readiness to play in the NFL again.

The four-time league MVP missed the entire 2011 season after having his third neck surgery in 19 months, a fusion of two vertebrae. His doctors have medically cleared him to resume his career.

Manning has broken all of Indianapolis' career records for quarterbacks and had never missed a start before last season. He's taken the Colts to the playoffs 11 times, captured seven AFC South titles in eight years, won two AFC championships, one Super Bowl title and a Super Bowl MVP Award.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Washington, NYJ, or Miami is going to be very happy soon.

shyne
03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Irsay is a bitch, Peyton deserved better than this shit.

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
:cry but he was the colts

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Irsay is a bitch, Peyton deserved better than this shit.

He did, but it's the right decision nonetheless. The Sheriff still has some damn good years left imo, but the Colts have now assured themselves a franchise QB for the next 12 years or so (unless they draft RG3:lol).

Sucks to see it end that way, but it'll ultimately be a good business decision

DMC
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Greenbay and Brett, tbh.

BlackSwordsMan
03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
wait can the cowboys get this ninja? they need a QB too

TIMMYtoZO
03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Washington, NYJ, or Miami is going to be very happy soon.

Peyton isnt going to any of those shitty teams. :lol

shyne
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I'll take him in Houston they can cut shauab

djohn2oo8
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Trade him to Washington for a 1st and 2nd.

san antonio spurs
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
KC might be a good destination. They just need to get rid of Cassell

benefactor
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
no

DPG21920
03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
I hope he goes to MIA. That would be boss.

leemajors
03-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't see why he would want to go to the Skins.

TIMMYtoZO
03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I hope he goes to MIA. That would be boss.

:lmao:lmao:lmao He isn't going to Miami where he will have to play Brady twice a year. Arizona/Seattle are much much more attractive.

Kirk Nowitzki
03-07-2012, 02:24 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao He isn't going to Miami where he will have to play Brady twice a year. Arizona/Seattle are much much more attractive.

If the Niners let Alex Smith walk into free agency (0 for 12 on 3rd down in the NFC Championship tells me they will), I can almost promise you he goes there. And Reggie Wayne probably follows him.

This isn't about just winning another Super Bowl somewhere else, it's about going somewhere that only needs an elite QB and showing Indianapolis, this is what it could have been if you didn't draft shitty players who keep getting hurt because they're too small.

NewcastleKEG
03-07-2012, 04:05 AM
KC might be a good destination. They just need to get rid of Cassell
KC

- RB: 2 of them
- WR: 3 of them
- TE: Pro Bowl caliber

0line needs some help. Loyal fans & strong home field advantage. Plus weak division. Does he really want to join Seattle/Arizona & get his head pounded in by the Niners?

Goran Dragic
03-07-2012, 08:39 AM
If the Niners let Alex Smith walk into free agency (0 for 12 on 3rd down in the NFC Championship tells me they will)
A certain retarded 49ers fan on this site still thinks Alex Smith played great in that game :lmao

JoeTait75
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Speaking of the 49ers, why aren't they making a play for him? They're a QB away AFAIC.

703 Spurz
03-07-2012, 08:44 AM

So you think Manning is a bitch who wants to just play QBs like Tarvaris Jackson?

BUMP
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Does he really want to join Seattle/Arizona?

:lol

Seattle with Manning>>>>San Francisco.

Seattle is actually pretty loaded but they still have Tarnigris Jackson at QB. I don't really know about Arizona, but Seattle would be very scary with Peyton.

the plane ride
03-07-2012, 10:20 AM
my flight from Indianapolis to New Orleans was so quiet, you could hear a FRANCHISE drop!

Goran Dragic
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Seattle is actually pretty loaded but they still have Tarnigris Jackson at QB. I don't really know about Arizona, but Seattle would be very scary with Peyton.
Either Arizona or Seattle would eclipse SanFran if they got Peyton. SanFran won't make the playoffs next year. Write it down, take a picture.

Trainwreck2100
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
i can think of only 4 teams that could make a case at not going after peyton
GB, NO, NE, and NYG.

Bill_Brasky
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Comin Jerrah......

phxspurfan
03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Come home to Arizona, Peyton.

TIMMYtoZO
03-07-2012, 12:34 PM
So you think Manning is a bitch who wants to just play QBs like Tarvaris Jackson?

Seattle is a qb away from being elite. If they get a healthy Peyton, they will be the biggest threat to the Giants Dynasty in the NFC.

Rummpd
03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
1 SB victory and many more dismal playoff runs - don't let the door hit him on the way out as his brother is already more clutch than PM ever was.

pawe
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
He's friends with Fitz, had dinner with him during Superbowl week to talk about playing here in AZ.
He plays golf with Whiz and AZ has the best golf courses.

Only thing Im worried is Archie's influence. Cards are one of the teams with a bad oline and that would scare the father of an aged QB with a broken neck.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-07-2012, 12:58 PM
He's going to surprise everyone and come to Buffalo.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
He's friends with Fitz, had dinner with him during Superbowl week to talk about playing here in AZ.
He plays golf with Whiz and AZ has the best golf courses.

Only thing Im worried is Archie's influence. Cards are one of the teams with a bad oline and that would scare the father of an aged QB with a broken neck.

The o-line was my first thought every time I've seen AZ mentioned as destination. The few times I saw the Cards play it seemed like the pocket melted the second anyone brought pressure. I'll admit it doesn't look like my boy Kolb is the answer for them but I don't see how they'd keep a guy with a surgically repaired neck and little to no foot speed in one piece for 16 games.

pawe
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
AZ may be a possibility but it is a longshot.
They dont have money for bidding, no WRs, no protection.
Peyton does have a quick release like Kurt Warner and hopefully inspires him too to finish the unfinished job of 2008.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-07-2012, 01:17 PM
The o-line was my first thought every time I've seen AZ mentioned as destination. The few times I saw the Cards play it seemed like the pocket melted the second anyone brought pressure. I'll admit it doesn't look like my boy Kolb is the answer for them but I don't see how they'd keep a guy with a surgically repaired neck and little to no foot speed in one piece for 16 games.

A quick release can mask a lot of problems, tbh. Dan Marino had 2 good lineman for a short part of his career (Sims and Webb), but most of the other time he had less than mediocre talent. He couldn't scramble even 2 feet:lol but had a lightning quick release. I lost count how many times Bruce Smith had him wrapped up and dead to rights, only for Marino to rifle it out quickly.

He's got a quick release and the new rules are uber-protective of QBs, so it could work. If Beanie has another good season that'll also alleviate some of the opponents' pass rush

Goran Dragic
03-07-2012, 01:22 PM
If the Cards do by some miracle land Peyton hopefully they don't repeat their mistake with Warner and they actually start grooming a QB before Peyton retires.

Pelicans78
03-07-2012, 01:28 PM
I agree Fitzy. Brees has made the Saints o-line way better than what they appear. He's always played with average tackles since Jamal Brown was cut yet every year it seems like they have 3 Pro Bowlers.

Pelicans78
03-07-2012, 01:29 PM
If the Cards do by some miracle land Peyton hopefully they don't repeat their mistake with Warner and they actually start grooming a QB before Peyton retires.

Isn't John Skelton supposed to be the NFC version of Tebow?

Goran Dragic
03-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah, meaning he sucks

Pelicans78
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
yeah, meaning he sucks

but he just wins!

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I agree Fitzy. Brees has made the Saints o-line way better than what they appear. He's always played with average tackles since Jamal Brown was cut yet every year it seems like they have 3 Pro Bowlers.

:lolyeah, that Bushrod guy definitely wasn't pro-bowl material imo

pawe
03-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah, meaning he sucks

He sucks in the first 3 qtrs only.
And the team rallies behind him...unlike the other overpaid QB :stirpot:

Man, all these ESPN reports mentioning Peyton to AZ is making me nervously happy that they might have a shot at landing him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
He sucks in the first 3 qtrs only.
And the team rallies behind him.

Sounds like Jake Plummer:lol

Pelicans78
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
:lolyeah, that Bushrod guy definitely wasn't pro-bowl material imo

He was so good that the Saints had to use a TE on his side the whole game against the Vikings in the NFC Title game.

Pelicans78
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I think Peyton will land up in Houston.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I think Peyton will land up in Houston.
McNair is way too loyal to his players just like Kubiak is way too loyal too, Only way Peyton ends up in Houston is if Schaub's injury is worse than thought, and he cant roll out the pocket.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
But to imagine Peyton with our O-line, Foster, Andre, Daniels, and maybe Wayne or Mike Wallace if we can free up enough money is almost too much to ask for.

NewcastleKEG
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
A certain retarded 49ers fan on this site still thinks Alex Smith played great in that game :lmao
A) Smith wasn't 0-13
B) Smith out played Manning. Do I have to post the statistics yet again?
C) If the Giants had Kyle Williams, the Niners would have 40-10 them

NewcastleKEG
03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Speaking of the 49ers, why aren't they making a play for him? They're a QB away AFAIC.
Because there is no QB better than Smith available.

Link: Smith's 2011 season & post season

NewcastleKEG
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Either Arizona or Seattle would eclipse SanFran if they got Peyton. SanFran won't make the playoffs next year. Write it down, take a picture.
Please enlighten me

Why does the team with
- 8 Pro Bowlers
- 14-3 record before Kyle Williams fumbled 3 times
- Haven't lost anyone from the roster

Won't make the playoffs?

NewcastleKEG
03-07-2012, 05:49 PM

They could, but just as good of a chance of Manning needing a 5th or something surgery next year after a sack

NewcastleKEG
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Seattle is a qb away from being elite. If they get a healthy Peyton, they will be the biggest threat to the Giants Dynasty in the NFC.
Giants will miss the playoffs next year just like in 09 & 06. It's a pattern that always holds true with the Giants franchise: not consistent winners

You are an aging team that had the most breaks in Super Bowl history last year in the playoffs. Link: countless articles written on how mathematically lucky the Giants were

ELIte Manning
03-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Giants will miss the playoffs next year just like in 09 & 06. It's a pattern that always holds true with the Giants franchise: not consistent winners

You are an aging team that had the most breaks in Super Bowl history last year in the playoffs. Link: countless articles written on how mathematically lucky the Giants were

:lolThe Giants made the playoffs from 2005-2008, and only missed the playoffs in 2009 and 2010 in Eli's full years as a starter--never a losing season in any of those years either.

Prior to 2011, the 49ers hadn't made the playoffs in 9 years...now THAT's consistency:lol

G-men have been to 3 SB's (won 2) since San Fran last appeared in one:lol

BUMP
03-07-2012, 06:15 PM
1 SB victory and many more dismal playoff runs - don't let the door hit him on the way out as his brother is already more clutch than PM ever was.

look who's back i saaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd

Peyton's point differential is too low imo he sucks

LakerHater
03-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Except to start seeing reports of teams "inquiring" about Manning. There's already one such report from the Denver Post that states the Broncos will "at least check out his interest" but that in the end they're likely to stick with Tim Tebow.

lefty
03-07-2012, 06:33 PM
If he is healthy, the 49ers could use him

Not sure about their cap situation though

phxspurfan
03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
49ers could sure use him, but I think after looking long and hard at his options, he will choose this one:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3450/3230184622_9e373116e9.jpg

Axe Murderer
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
49ers could sure use him, but I think after looking long and hard at his options, he will choose this one:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3450/3230184622_9e373116e9.jpg

Really?

If all Manning cared about was making sportscenter top 10 by throwing perfect balls to a ridiculously athletic receiver but not going to the Super Bowl, then I'd agree with you.

Or Manning could go to a team that is loaded all over the board and cruises into the superbowl last season if their shitty quarterback did anything other than trip over his own dick in the 2nd half of the NFCCG

weebo
03-07-2012, 08:11 PM
McNair is way too loyal to his players just like Kubiak is way too loyal too, Only way Peyton ends up in Houston is if Schaub's injury is worse than thought, and he cant roll out the pocket.

Loyalty?:lmao

Hell, if you get a chance at a HOF QB that can almost guarantee a superbowl title, you kick loyalty out the door.

pawe
03-07-2012, 08:18 PM
With all these teams contacting Manning's people, I wonder what their QB's feel right now and what would it do to the chemistry and confidence. Poor millionaires...

TIMMYtoZO
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM

Aging team???? :lmao

djohn2oo8
03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Loyalty?:lmao

Hell, if you get a chance at a HOF QB that can almost guarantee a superbowl title, you kick loyalty out the door.
I know, but we're talking about Gary Kubiak, a man who thought he could turn David Carr into an actual quarterback.

weebo
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Didn't Archie Manning play for the Oilers back when they really sucked? So there's history there with the Mannings and the city of Houston. I don't see why the Texans (if given the chance) wouldn't take a good look at Peyton. A team on the cusp with a good running game and good defense and with a great wide receiver ....why wouldn't Peyton want that? Plus, he'll get two chances every year to stick it to the Colts and Luck.

manufan10
03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
He kind of hinted at the Miami Dolphins yesterday.. but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Agloco
03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Or Manning could go to a team that is loaded all over the board and cruises into the superbowl last season if their shitty quarterback did anything other than trip over his own dick in the 2nd half of the NFCCG

Kyle Williams was tripping over his quite a bit harder than Smith was tbh.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Alex Smith did nothing but throw 2 good passes in that NFCCG:lol The rest of the time he was garbage.

JMarkJohns
03-08-2012, 04:51 PM
The two teams that make the most sense are Arizona and Houston. Both have domes, both play in relatively weak divisions, both have stud WRs... Houston has better RB and defensive help, but Arizona has the CAP space to being in Wayne and possibly another good FA to help, and they were a team who finished the season 7-2 with a concussed and injured Kolb and a 2nd-year Skelton at QB.

My guess is one of these two teams.

Trill Clinton
03-08-2012, 05:02 PM
If miami can add another solid WR or TE to the mix by next week then I think they win the Peyton sweepstakes.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
why is no one mentioning the Ravens as a spot for Manning?

MavDynasty
03-08-2012, 05:10 PM
For what it's worth, there are reports saying he will make his decision in the next week and gonna most likely stay in the AFC

JMarkJohns
03-08-2012, 05:19 PM
For what it's worth, there are reports saying he will make his decision in the next week and gonna most likely stay in the AFC

There's reports everywhere. I've heard from Fox Sports he's seriously interested in Arizona, who's seriously interested in him.

I've also read reports where a Houston reporter said the Texans weren't going to pursue him.

Not really sure you can believe any of it.

Why Miami? They suck, play in a tough division, play outdoors, and just had a ton of regime change.

Hell, Arizona has an offensive opening that they can use to bring in Caldwell should they so choose.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Hell, Arizona has an offensive opening that they can use to bring in Caldwell should they so choose.
That would suck

JMarkJohns
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Not sure it would happen. But they have the ability.

Ideal for Arizona is they cut Brown and resign to a reasonable rate, sign Manning and Wayne, then shop Kolb for a 3rd/4th (or cut him) to clear more CAP, then address some defensive and OL needs via free agency and the draft. Manning plays three years and Skelton learns under him. In three years, see what Skelton has.

Trill Clinton
03-08-2012, 05:36 PM
we're talking about peyton manning, what difference does it make if he's on grass or turf?

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
He's a noticeably better QB in a dome. Always has been.

jjktkk
03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
If miami can add another solid WR or TE to the mix by next week then I think they win the Peyton sweepstakes.

Reggie Wayne.

dirk4mvp
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Can the Cardinals get Wayne if Peyton goes to Arizona?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Can the Cardinals get Wayne if Peyton goes to Arizona?

Yes, pretty sure he's an UFA, iirc. In fact I think Reggie will land wherever Peyton does.

Trill Clinton
03-08-2012, 06:30 PM
He's a noticeably better QB in a dome. Always has been.

I really don't think it matters at this point of his career. He's going to put up numbers regardless the grass being real or artificial.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I really don't think it matters at this point of his career. He's going to put up numbers regardless the grass being real or artificial.

Actually it does matter. He doesn't have the arm strength he used to, and playing in a dome where the elements aren't a factor is a big bonus.

pawe
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Reports said Peyton has a preference for the AFC. They said, he doesn't want to knock his brother out and is still hoping for a Manning bowl.
God damn fucking Eli Manning!

dirk4mvp
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, pretty sure he's an UFA, iirc. In fact I think Reggie will land wherever Peyton does.

I'm pretty sure he will too.

Trill Clinton
03-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Actually it does matter. He doesn't have the arm strength he used to, and playing in a dome where the elements aren't a factor is a big bonus.

I'm sure if there was a major concern for his arm strength there wouldn't be as many suitors as there is.

He'll do fine no matter if its dome or stadium.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm sure if there was a major concern for his arm strength there wouldn't be as many suitors as there is.

He'll do fine no matter if its dome or stadium.

Yeah, he'll more than likely be great wherever he goes, but saying there's no difference between throwing in a dome compared to throwing at Soldier Field or the Meadowlands in December, or the humid and frequent torrential downpour of Miami (at any time) is asinine.

Trill Clinton
03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeah, he'll more than likely be great wherever he goes, but saying there's no difference between throwing in a dome compared to throwing at Soldier Field or the Meadowlands in December, or the humid and frequent torrential downpour of Miami (at any time) is asinine.
didn't say that. I'm saying whether its dome or a stadium, it isn't going to be a big factor in a player of mannings caliber. if it was any other back up or weak armed scrub, maybe, but not peyton.

JMarkJohns
03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Reports said Peyton has a preference for the AFC. They said, he doesn't want to knock his brother out and is still hoping for a Manning bowl.
God damn fucking Eli Manning!

I'll believe he'll turn down Fitz when I see it.

Arizona, with two cuts/trades (Brown/Kolb) is in prime position to bring in Manning, Wayne, some OL and defensive help and Manning would be in a winnable division, in a dome, and on a team with a dominant WR, and a young and rapidly improving defense and great special teams.

This is a team that won 8 games vs. a difficult schedule, barely losing to the Champion Giants and Ravens with an injured/concussed Kolb and 2nd-year Skelton as QBs. Add a 70% Manning/Wayne and they win 12 games, easy.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
didn't say that. I'm saying whether its dome or a stadium, it isn't going to be a big factor in a player of mannings caliber. if it was any other back up or weak armed scrub, maybe, but not peyton.

You still don't know that though, especially when he's played the vast majority of his career in a dome. Miami, Seattle, and New York have elements that you frequently have to deal with.

I'd still take him in a heartbeat over the garbage they have there...but I think he would be a monster in a dome. If Dallas got him (not going to happen, I know), they would possibly be SB favorites.

Trill Clinton
03-08-2012, 07:16 PM
You still don't know that though, especially when he's played the vast majority of his career in a dome. Miami, Seattle, and New York have elements that you frequently have to deal with.

I'd still take him in a heartbeat over the garbage they have there...but I think he would be a monster in a dome. If Dallas got him (not going to happen, I know), they would possibly be SB favorites.

I agree that he's probably more comfortable in a dome, most qb's are.

And Jerry is NOT even going to entertain the thought of Peyton in a Cowboys jersey. He's put all his chips on Romo smh.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
-If Peyton joins the Jets, he plays 1 dome game next year (@STL)

-If he's a Dolphin, 3 (HOU, IND, AZ)

" " a Seahawk: 3 (AZ, DET, STL)

as a Redskin: 3 (DAL, STL, NO)

as a Cardinal: 11

pawe
03-08-2012, 07:43 PM
I'll believe he'll turn down Fitz when I see it.

Arizona, with two cuts/trades (Brown/Kolb) is in prime position to bring in Manning, Wayne, some OL and defensive help and Manning would be in a winnable division, in a dome, and on a team with a dominant WR, and a young and rapidly improving defense and great special teams.

This is a team that won 8 games vs. a difficult schedule, barely losing to the Champion Giants and Ravens with an injured/concussed Kolb and 2nd-year Skelton as QBs. Add a 70% Manning/Wayne and they win 12 games, easy.

Could've gotten 12 or 13 wins last year to be honest. But AZ has the easiest schedule in the league except for the 2nd half of the season where they really racked up their wins.

Brown is a good LT for the running game so if they can restructure his salary and dump Kolb, they can have money for Manning.
And if Manning signs, AZ will get their #2 WR too in Wayne.

I hope Manning's people would see the last few transactions the Cards made to erase the stigma of the Bidwills being cheap and that they are willing to spend big money to improve the personnel to get to the Superbowl in the upcoming season.

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 07:54 PM
The Cards would be such a boring decision. GO Fins!

Kirk Nowitzki
03-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I think he stays in the AFC now too. If he goes to Houston I hope Freeney sacks him and he doesn't get back up. I'm OK with Dolphins, 2 Brady vs Manning games is better than 1.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
The Cards would be such a boring decision. GO Fins!

What's with all the Dolphins cheerleading lately?

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Nothing really, would like to see Marshall with a great QB.

dirk4mvp
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
You dislike Brandon Marshall though. Why would you want to see him succeed?

DPG21920
03-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I dislike you but wish you the best tbh...

pawe
03-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Cards owner Micheal Bidwill made a quick trip to Miami even if he has an event in AZ tomorrow. Man, I really hope they net this sumbitch.

NewcastleKEG
03-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Cardinals:

" Are you prepared to go blow-for-blow, dollar-for-dollar with three of the richest owners the league has to offer in Stephen Ross, Paul Allen and Daniel Snyder? Are you prepared to look Kevin Kolb in the eye and tell him you're moving on? Are you prepared to have lost a second round draft pick, a pro bowl cornerback, and millions of dollars for what amounted to half of a season of Kolb?

Are you prepared to blindly commit to Manning not knowing for certain his neck will hold up, his nerves will regenerate and his arm strength will return? Are you prepared to start John Skelton if Manning is not all the way back by the start of the season? Are you prepared to cede control of the offense to the quarterback instead of the coaches? "

dirk4mvp
03-09-2012, 12:59 AM
I dislike you

Don't lie.

DPG21920
03-09-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm lying. You're the goods. I don't hate Marshall tbh, a lot of that was me just arguing with you.

Chris
03-09-2012, 11:48 AM
The Decision Part 2!
2 hour special coming to a home theater near you.
Do you think Peyton is on par with Lebron's ego?

pawe
03-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Cardinals:

" Are you prepared to go blow-for-blow, dollar-for-dollar with three of the richest owners the league has to offer in Stephen Ross, Paul Allen and Daniel Snyder? Are you prepared to look Kevin Kolb in the eye and tell him you're moving on? Are you prepared to have lost a second round draft pick, a pro bowl cornerback, and millions of dollars for what amounted to half of a season of Kolb?

Are you prepared to blindly commit to Manning not knowing for certain his neck will hold up, his nerves will regenerate and his arm strength will return? Are you prepared to start John Skelton if Manning is not all the way back by the start of the season? Are you prepared to cede control of the offense to the quarterback instead of the coaches? "

Yes.
There was a long long time that the Cardinals wont even attempt to try to get a get-able player.
I'd welcome this pursuit with open arms. It's time the Bidwills show the world they are changing the football culture in AZ even if this wont pan out.

weebo
03-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Manning is staying in the AFC. Prob. With the phins.

phxspurfan
03-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Manning is staying in the AFC. Prob. With the phins.

<Tom Brady shivering at this thought>

ducks
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Report: Peyton Manning meeting with Broncos, then Cardinals and Dolphins