PDA

View Full Version : Bring George Hill back

Silent
03-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Bring George Hill back . I think we could really use his defense. Plus my kids are his biggest fans.:flag:

Amuseddaysleeper
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
We get it George, you miss us

Blake
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I like Hill, but pass.

Spur|n|Austin
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
I'd say no, but since your kids are fans...

will_spurs
03-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Welcome to the CoH, which only has 2 members right now: FkLA and TJastal.

hater
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
So let's bring back mediocrity. After all, it's for the children.

vander
03-07-2012, 04:35 PM

what do we have now?

sananspursfan21
03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
i loved hill and all but the backcourt is the least of the spurs' worries... i mean anderson would be a solid bench player on most teams but the spurs are using him like a bench warmer. course then again lately hes been playing like it haha

i think sa has one of the deepest backcourts in the league hill back would be overkill

jjktkk
03-07-2012, 04:48 PM

What a sad church. :lol

jjktkk
03-07-2012, 04:49 PM
what do we have now?

A playoff contender.

sehui
03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Hill sent pics of his dick. That's the real reason why we got rid of him.

vander
03-07-2012, 04:52 PM
A playoff contender.

:lol

jjktkk
03-07-2012, 04:53 PM
:lol

:lmao

hater
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
what do we have now?

a beast

http://www.woai.com/media/lib/12/5/a/c/5ac26d4c-6b23-4786-a0a0-83033685e6aa/Story.jpg

baseline bum
03-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Hill sent pics of his dick. That's the real reason why we got rid of him.

That and his pick and roll defense.

vander
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
a beast

http://www.woai.com/media/lib/12/5/a/c/5ac26d4c-6b23-4786-a0a0-83033685e6aa/Story.jpg

oh I thought you were referring to the team when Hill was here vs. now.

swaggerjackson
03-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I would be down if it were for less than say 5 million a year, but in reality he will probably find better offers than that. I am not upset with the way Ford plays, but I would rather have Hill as the backup combo guard. Parker, Manu, Hill, Neal, and Green would be a hell of a backcourt.

ElNono
03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
I'd like him back, but we're kinda loaded at the SG spot. We'll see what kind of salary he'll command as a FA.

SenorSpur
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
what do we have now?

:lol Good one, but true.

Still, the Spurs are much better off with Leonard than Hill. That much should be obvious. Now if they can just do something about that damn frontline. That could take years. Combine that with the decline of the great TD and hence, you can see the days of mediocrity - present and future.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-07-2012, 07:39 PM

Mediocrity? Are you kidding, the only knock on Hill is his size. If he were a little bigger he would be awesome. Lets see, he is way better than Neal, and I don't care what anyone of you say. He is way more consistent and a better Defender. No Hill is not a PG, so don't expect that from him. He is an undersized SG. As a backup SG off the bench, at the right price he is a great asset. Instant scoring, hustle and D.

swaggerjackson
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
^truth

Also I don't think this is a debate about Kawhi or Hill. I think the trade was a good move, especially if any of the prospects we got from it pan out. But Hill is a free agent and depending on what shakes out I think he should be on the Spurs radar. I don't know much about his experiences in Indiana but I would hope he would be open to the idea of returning to SA.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Agreed, I don't regret the Hill Leonard trade, we obviously needed more size. And Leonard could prove to be a stud. Plus for some reason we couldn't afford Hill??? Not sure how we couldn't next year considering we will have a "lot of cap room." Either way, now we can get him for the right price, if that is something the front office wants to do. He knows the system, is young. So it's not a bad move.

FkLA
03-07-2012, 08:24 PM

Who was the starting PG in the lone playoff series win the Spurs have in the last 3 years? With that said Kiwi has won me over, and has had a surprisingly big impact for a rookie. So Im ok with the trade now. :)

What a sad church. :lol

:nope

Silent
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Bring Hill back ,.that boy does has great defense , and capable of puting big points up .

SequSpur
03-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I agree, Leonard doesn't do shit.

Spurtacus
03-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Butterfingers Anderson for Hill

do it Pop

SilverSpur
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
He will be back next year as a free agent. With Ginobilli getting older and hurt more often, having Hill would pay off.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-07-2012, 10:09 PM
He will be back next year as a free agent. With Ginobilli getting older and hurt more often, having Hill would pay off.

The Spurs traded him because they didn't want to pay him. Why would they then pay him anyway?

He's a shrimp of a 2 guard.

therealtruth
03-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Who was the starting PG in the lone playoff series win the Spurs have in the last 3 years? With that said Kiwi has won me over, and has had a surprisingly big impact for a rookie. So Im ok with the trade now. :)

:nope

Who was the starting PG who let Nash waltz in for layups in the next round. I think it was a monumental mistake for Pop not to start Parker till game 3 and it cost them the series.

Sean Cagney
03-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Nah, I think we will just keep Leonard. I would not take that trade back if I somehow had the power to rewind and brainwash the front office.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
i take him back at the right price just to be backup PG, switch neal back to his original role...

get rid of bonner, rj, anderson, CJ, blair
duncan taking a paycut
everything is possible

TampaDude
03-07-2012, 11:25 PM
i take him back at the right price just to be backup PG, switch neal back to his original role...

get rid of bonner, rj, anderson, CJ, blair
duncan taking a paycut
everything is possible

Yup...let's sign Dwight Howard while we're at it, too... :lol

SpurNation
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
...for what?

sehui
03-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Combo guards don't work in San Antonio, it failed with Roger Mason PG project, and it pretty much failed with Gary Neal as well. You need to be either a pure 1 position or a 2/3 swingman like Gino/Kwahi/Finley.

George is a great player, but for the money we'd probably pay him it's just not worth it. We need a legit 2 or a backup pure PG, not a combo G. If george was like 4-5 inches taller that'd be a completely different story...

Wild Cobra Kai
03-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Combo guards don't work in San Antonio, it failed with Roger Mason PG project, and it pretty much failed with Gary Neal as well. You need to be either a pure 1 position or a 2/3 swingman like Gino/Kwahi/Finley.

George is a great player, but for the money we'd probably pay him it's just not worth it. We need a legit 2 or a backup pure PG, not a combo G. If george was like 4-5 inches taller that'd be a completely different story...

I don't want George back, but...

Ginobili IS a combo guard, and Neal has been anything but a failure in his backup time. He runs one of the best P'n'Rs on the team.

TJastal
03-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Mediocrity? Are you kidding, the only knock on Hill is his size. If he were a little bigger he would be awesome. Lets see, he is way better than Neal, and I don't care what anyone of you say. He is way more consistent and a better Defender. No Hill is not a PG, so don't expect that from him. He is an undersized SG. As a backup SG off the bench, at the right price he is a great asset. Instant scoring, hustle and D.

He's not as consistent. I'll go along with everything else though.

DMC
03-08-2012, 09:08 AM
We should also bring back RMJ and Ime.

Pop saw something in Hill, not sure what, but George started by working his ass off to earn minutes. I don't know if George got complacent and Pop saw it or that Hill had peaked and still wasn't what we needed. Probably the latter. Also, it might be that Hill wanted to play in Indiana.

SilverSpur
03-08-2012, 07:47 PM
The Spurs traded him because they didn't want to pay him. Why would they then pay him anyway?

He's a shrimp of a 2 guard.

It had nothing to do with money. He was are best trade piece to move up in the draft. We needed to replace Bowen. That's why we got what we did, Kawhi Leonard, Davis Bertrans and the rights to Lorbek for G Hill. when he returns, We get all the players involed in the trade and G Hill. Nice!
You well be grateful we have Hill when Ginobilli breaks down again next year.

therealtruth
03-08-2012, 08:22 PM
It had nothing to do with money. He was are best trade piece to move up in the draft. We needed to replace Bowen. That's why we got what we did, Kawhi Leonard, Davis Bertrans and the rights to Lorbek for G Hill. when he returns, We get all the players involed in the trade and G Hill. Nice!

The team can't afford him. They couldn't even afford JA.

lmbebo
03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
The team can't afford him. They couldn't even afford JA.

I thought they could afford JA, just didn't think he was worth it.

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2012, 12:11 AM

with the way bertrans and lorbek playing in europe, would the pacers wanna go back make a nother deal? i want hansborough on this team, he seems like another hustle no tolerate shit type of player pekovic

100%duncan
03-09-2012, 08:49 AM
hill for dick