PDA

View Full Version : Leonard should start over Jefferson

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Carmelo reportedly threw a tantrum towards the end of last nights game.

He will most likely come out swinging, looking to assert himself from tip off.

The spurs could be walking into a buzz saw if we start Jefferson and Carmelo gets half as hot as Afflalo got against Jefferson's piss poor defense against Denver.

Pop should start Leonard, and preventAnthony from getting comfortable

Paranoid Pop
03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
He should but looks like he won't, that said :

Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
Tony Parker "a little dinged up," according to Pop. Left wrist, right calf. Parker will play through it, as he has been.

Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
Gary Neal will start for Danny Green tonight. Per Pop, it's a way to get Neal more minutes heading toward playoff rotation.

Neal for Green is good imo, it's the best solution to play Neal as a 2 who can create instead of giving him the back-up PG spot and taking Ford out of the rotation when he's playing great. But Leonard HAS to start to make that move work or else the D takes a hit.

JRHernandez88
03-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Agreed. I would love to see splitter and Leonard start. Definately would be a balanced strong starting squad.

timvp
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I agree with CBF.

Starting Neal and Jefferson against Carmelo is just asking for him to drop 40+.

Dex
03-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I agree with CBF.

Starting Neal and Jefferson against Carmelo is just asking for him to drop 40+.

He'll let Carmelo get off to a nice sizzle, then throw Leonard into the fire to try to (unsuccessfully) cool him off. And he'll commend Kawhi for doing all he could. :rolleyes

Just don't understand how a guy can completely forget what side his bread is buttered on.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Starting Neal makes starting Leonard make even more sense and starting Jefferson make even less sense.

It's not like Jefferson brings any tangible or intangible to the table, whereas we know Leonard has shown he can fluster a 20ppg type scorer if given the chance from the get-go.

This is so frustrating.

SequSpur
03-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Leonard fucking blows.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Leonard fucking blows.

Perhaps.

But if that's the case, then Jefferson is a powerbottom

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Anthony already moderately hot :rolleyes

so fucking stupidddddd

SequSpur
03-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't get his game...He is a little bit better than Willie Anderson with the shin splints...

DPG21920
03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
CBF - We need to do a G2G soon tbh imvho...

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Leonard is someone we know will rebound and attack the passing lanes

RJ is someone we know will miss open 3's and not really do much of anything at all

RJ got his hands on 2 sloppy Lin passes that I KNOW Leonard would have turned into fastbreak opportunities....against a PG that is as TO-prone as Lin, starting Leonard makes even MORE sense

Rummpd
03-07-2012, 10:22 PM
RJ - Amnesty should have happened.....

SpurNation
03-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Didn't need to happen.

But regardless of the reasons you pointed out in the o.p...I'd start him.

SpursRock20
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Lin's lone turnover caused by.....

you guessed it, Leonard!

Really like this kid! But I don't think he should start right now. If and when Manu joins the starting line up, I think he should join with him. They work so well together. Almost like lamb and tuna fish, those two.

Paranoid Pop
03-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Lin's lone turnover caused by.....

you guessed it, Leonard!

This vid sums up the RJ/Kahwi mentor/disciple relationship and what happened tonight :

Shonuff = RJ
Leeroy = Kahwi
Lin = Asian guy
Pop = White guy

PWVhiIisH30

Borosai
03-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Leonard will start eventually, but he needs to start immediately.

lurker23
03-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Count me in the "Leonard should start over Jefferson" camp. Been here for a while, it just makes too much sense. Improves the defense, gets Leonard more guaranteed minutes, and reduces RJ's minutes.

G-Dawgg
03-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Leonard is the ultimate utility player. He can do a bit of everything. He can rebound, pass, handle the ball, he can score and defend in the paint and on the perimeter.. and he's such a competitor, he's always working hard on every play. How can you not like this kid as player?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-08-2012, 01:55 AM
This vid sums up the RJ/Kahwi mentor/disciple relationship and what happened tonight :

Shonuff = RJ
Leeroy = Kahwi
Lin = Asian guy
Pop = White guy

PWVhiIisH30

Crofl post of the month!