lefty
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Bandwagonners :lmao

weebo
03-07-2012, 09:11 PM
same fans that are there for the bulls and lakers

Cant_Be_Faded
03-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I would love for anyone tweeting or blogging live from the ATT center to give me an approximate racial breakdown of the Knicks fan

I have a theory....

Spurtacus
03-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Asians :lmao

fixed

rogcl1
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Bandwagonners :lmao

What is there to bandwagon?

SequSpur
03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
stupid.

Sense
03-07-2012, 09:34 PM
What is there to bandwagon?

Hype.

Reck
03-07-2012, 09:41 PM
For the last couple of games the crowd has actually cheered about equal if not louder for the oposing team.

Pathetic.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
just wankers from katrina and GFC reallocating to texas....

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Jesus, so any one who cheers for the opposition is a bandwagoner? I hate it too but why are they bandwagoners? Are the Spurs fans who cheer on the road also bandwagoners or are they legit because they're spurs fan?

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
P.S. you can barely hear any Knicks fans.

Spurminator
03-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I would love for anyone tweeting or blogging live from the ATT center to give me an approximate racial breakdown of the Knicks fan

I have a theory....

I can confirm that theory, having been at the game in Dallas.

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2012, 10:08 PM

when ur down 15, whats there to cheer about...

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 10:10 PM
It seems they're a big "Lin" support group at the center vs. a Knicks group. You can barely hear the fans when anyone but Lin scores but when he does it is noticeable. Like everyone has hinted at, more than likely Asians there supporting Lin.

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 10:13 PM
when ur down 15, whats there to cheer about...

So their fans cant cheer when they're down 15? Come on. Again, I hate it as much or more than anyone else but why are we holding other fans to different standards? We'd be bragging about our fans making noise against/in Phoenix or Atlanta or whomever and how true fans they are. It's the same thing. It means nothing more than Knicks fans bought tickets like the rest of the fans in there. It's gonna stand out when it's a east coast team that plays only once a season against west teams.

Edit: misread what you posted. I meant thought the game not just when we took the lead to double digits.

baseline bum
03-07-2012, 10:17 PM

That's because they have been getting their shit pushed in; you could hear them early on when it was still a game.

Beanzamillion21
03-07-2012, 10:18 PM

I have a theory....

All Black and Mexican actually

Spursfan092120
03-07-2012, 10:19 PM
That's because they have been getting their shit pushed in; you could hear them early on when it was still a game.
meh...I haven't heard them much all game, tbh

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 10:22 PM

I meant thoughtout the game.

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 10:23 PM

Mexicans? Did you check their passports?

TDMVPDPOY
03-07-2012, 10:34 PM
those knicksfans shouldve left the building with pop when he had enough

Reck
03-07-2012, 11:23 PM
So their fans cant cheer when they're down 15? Come on. Again, I hate it as much or more than anyone else but why are we holding other fans to different standards? We'd be bragging about our fans making noise against/in Phoenix or Atlanta or whomever and how true fans they are. It's the same thing. It means nothing more than Knicks fans bought tickets like the rest of the fans in there. It's gonna stand out when it's a east coast team that plays only once a season against west teams.

Edit: misread what you posted. I meant thought the game not just when we took the lead to double digits.

That's not really the issue really.

Yes there can be fans everywhere and there are but when that oposing crowd of fans overtake the actual home crowd it becomes a little enbarrassing. That's where most of us are coming from.

Beanzamillion21
03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Mexicans? Did you check their passports?

Yes, Or lack there of.

GSH
03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
My wife and daughter just got back from the game. She said that there were Knicks fans all around them, and they were all asshats. Sorry I missed that.

TwelveGs210
03-07-2012, 11:45 PM
The Spurs should run some promotions to increase sales to spoiled playoffs only fans.

SpursRock20
03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
My wife and daughter just got back from the game. She said that there were Knicks fans all around them, and they were all asshats. Sorry I missed that.

Early in the game I noticed the Knicks fans. Sounded a bit like the Bulls game. 2nd quarter shut them up, though :flag:

pgardn
03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
The well known little Asian man, Spike Lei, embraces Linsanity.

GSH
03-07-2012, 11:47 PM

Bullshit. I'm sitting here with two people who were there. My wife said before the game started that it looked like 15-20% of the crowd was Asian. She said that there were whole families.

She also said that there were plenty of other people there with Knicks shirts, signs, etc. But a lot of them were Anglo. Don't bring that weak racial shit. Besides, if there weren't so many tickets available for non-Spur fans, it wouldn't be an issue.

Buddy Holly
03-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Yes, Or lack there of.

Get the fuck out and use the door marked Troll when you leave.

GSH
03-07-2012, 11:59 PM

I should probably follow up on this. They said that it was unbelievable how many Asians were at the game. BUT... they also said that the Asian fans were very, very polite. They clapped for Lin, and some cheered, but they weren't the ones screaming stupid crap at Tony and the other Spurs players.

They also said it was neat that there were whole families. Grandparents (some in wheelchairs), little kids, the whole thing. I guess it is a big deal. Good for them. I wonder if any of them came from Houston, since they lost Yao?

blkroadrunners
03-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I should probably follow up on this. They said that it was unbelievable how many Asians were at the game. BUT... they also said that the Asian fans were very, very polite. They clapped for Lin, and some cheered, but they weren't the ones screaming stupid crap at Tony and the other Spurs players.

They also said it was neat that there were whole families. Grandparents (some in wheelchairs), little kids, the whole thing. I guess it is a big deal. Good for them. I wonder if any of them came from Houston, since they lost Yao?

I read from other boards and facebook that few came from Houston and Austin. I was at the game as well, and most of the Asians were respectful and obvious Lin fans.

However, some of the "A'mare" and "Carmelo" fans were extremely obnoxious. This one guy behind me a few rows was yelling dirty stuff towards Spurs players and booed at TJ Ford when he got hurt.

sehui
03-08-2012, 01:20 AM
There were a lot of Asians at today's game, but actually a good amount were just Lin fans but still Spurs fans.

I'm asian but im a die hard spurs fan, but there were a ton of like white fratty looking dudes wearing Knicks jerseys...I was like wtf.

Also, the crowd was LOVING Manu today, great game for him!

spurs1990
03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Jesus, so any one who cheers for the opposition is a bandwagoner? I hate it too but why are they bandwagoners? Are the Spurs fans who cheer on the road also bandwagoners or are they legit because they're spurs fan?

I'm willing to bet those Spurs fans at road games are either 1)former Texas residents or 2) fans of one of the big three.

I can't imagine there would be a significant contigent of Spurs bandwagoners out there.

Aiko9245
03-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I can confirm that theory, having been at the game in Dallas.

I was at the Dallas game and was very impressed with the J Lin following. Cool to see some diversity in Dallas (but Spurs fan). Good for the game albeit, bandwagoners.

Chase_the_Bass
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM

They are legit because no one bandwagons the Spurs.

Spur|n|Austin
03-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Lots and lots of Asians at the AT&T Center last night.. They were far from rowdy, most likely because the Spurs manhandled the Knicks, and well, they're Asians.

703 Spurz
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Nothing like digging a 18-21 team

lefty
03-08-2012, 03:50 PM
THey showed some really white people with the lin jersey yesterday

So not just Asians