PDA

View Full Version : Ticket 760 Championship Rally - Dave & Buster's

PeterBurns
06-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey guys,

FYI

The Ticket 760 Championship Rally @ Dave & Buster's

JT The Brick, The Thompson Brothers, and Walter and Vex.

Lunch Tomorrow @ Dave & Buster's 12:00

JT's is 100% on the Spurs side, so let's show him some Spurs love.

I hope to see you all there!

PeterBurns
06-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Kori?

angel_luv
06-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Sounds fun... any one else thinking about going?

PeterBurns
06-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Did I mention, Larry The Ticket Chicken....?

Kori Ellis
06-20-2005, 02:10 PM
JT trashed the Spurs after Game 4. How is he on the Spurs side?

Anyway, it sounds like fun. I'm not sure we can make it, but I'll stick this to the topic in case anyone else is interested.

PeterBurns
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Yes, he trashed the Spurs because he picked them from the beginning of the season. All year long he's been on the Spurs bandwagon.

He called them out. (Rightfully so)
Listen tonight, he is in town doing his show from San Antonio.
Hopefully we can show him a good time tomorrow.

nbascribe
06-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm urging everyone to go out and meet JT...He's been a Spurs fan since their first championship run. He was there when Sean hit the Miracle shot and he has been saying that the Spurs should have won last year too.

He's not a homer and he had every right to call the Spurs out after that crappy peformance in game four. That was abyssmal Spurs basketball and we all know it.

I'd love to be out there but unfortunately some of us have to work once vacation ends....

GM

pooh
06-20-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll be over there at Crossroads around that time, maybe I'll stop by. JT and I have had classic email confrontations. It might be nice to put the face to the email...literally.

nbascribe
06-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Pooh how can you not already know what JT looks like???

he's been to San Antonio far too many times.

pooh
06-20-2005, 02:53 PM
I've seen him a couple of times...but that was it. I hardly ever hear his show anymore, nor have I visited his site. The one time I saw him was back on some show and he looked like Dikta's boy or something.

nbascribe
06-20-2005, 02:58 PM
lol @ ditka's boy....

just come correct dude...wouldn't want you to end up being fodder for Looney or JT...lol

pooh
06-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Actually, JT and I had some very stinging emails. Short version of the story. He said he was "the future of talk radio" and I said *censored, censored*, if you know what I mean. I've met Walter that time I worked for Hoopshype in 2002. I've saw Vex last year when I applied over at CC for a job.

Sense
06-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Hmm...

I might be called a Homer for asking..

But who is JT?

nbascribe
06-20-2005, 03:05 PM
well Pooh looks like he is the hottest thing in sports talk radio and you were wrong.

Sense...JT the Brick is Fox Sports Radio most recognizeable host outside of Jim Rome. Matter of fact he was he first winner of Rome's famous Smack Off contest...that's how he ended up getting his own radio show a decade ago.

pooh
06-20-2005, 03:09 PM
I really don't see him as the hottest thing in sports talk radio. Every host has their own little unique style. I just never got into his "in your face" attitude and the way he cuts off callers and everything with his "Tiiiiime" or whatever he says. In fact, I threw it back to him on a email and he needless to say, said something back that wasn't very..."friendly".

I like Sedano late at night and Sczban in the mornings. I haven't really heard STSA since they made the switch to the early morning drive.

Sense
06-20-2005, 03:09 PM
well Pooh looks like he is the hottest thing in sports talk radio and you were wrong.

Sense...JT the Brick is Fox Sports Radio most recognizeable host outside of Jim Rome. Matter of fact he was he first winner of Rome's famous Smack Off contest...that's how he ended up getting his own radio show a decade ago.

Thank you, I probably have heard from him..... or have seen him...

JT didn't ring a bell...but I'm sure I have.

nbascribe
06-20-2005, 03:17 PM
and yet pooh he's doing a national show from san antonio..home of the future champs.

It's not what you see but what the industry knows.

By the way I do the same thing when I co-host.. You come with some weak azz statements on the air and mess up the show, you get ran. This ain't the Apollo Amateur Hour.

pooh
06-20-2005, 03:23 PM
I think sometimes it's best just to let the caller hang themselves rather than being the one pulling the lever on them. You can hear callers trying to be that next "JT", "Rome", or even "Mouse" for that matter. You don't hear anything really original anymore. That's the reason I stick to just simple email. There isn't a worry about being "run" on there, only deleted.

I don't have a serious axe to grind on JT mind you, just his style of show isn't my cup of tea. One of all time favorite sports talk show hosts is Bruce Jacobs. Bruce and I go back to the mid-90's when he was on the old "One-on-One Sports" show. I use to feed him information on the goings here on the 760 show and on the hosts at that time, Jay and Laura. How else do you think he knew all that inside stuff on them? I told him all about it.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 03:24 PM
By the way I do the same thing when I co-host.. You come with some weak azz statements on the air and mess up the show, you get ran. This ain't the Apollo Amateur Hour.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Dammit Greg! I am trying to make people think I am working here! You can't keep dropping bombs like that! :lol

Vashner
06-20-2005, 05:45 PM
CEASE FIRE! lol...

Xolotl
06-20-2005, 05:47 PM
JT trashed the Spurs after Game 4. How is he on the Spurs side?

Anyway, it sounds like fun. I'm not sure we can make it, but I'll stick this to the topic in case anyone else is interested.

I trashed them after games 3 and 4. That doesn't make me Anti-Spurs it just makes me an honest fan. Besides I know if I hold out hope they will go 96-0 :p

mouse
06-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Hey guys,

FYI

The Ticket 760 Championship Rally @ Dave & Buster's

In case you haven't noticed the Ticket sucks, And I have on tape them saying that the posters at Kori's website are a bunch of losers living in there mothers basement with big L's on thier foreheads. and anyone who reads , or post here needs a life,

they don't give a rats ass about us and you know it. are you new to the ticket? where was you in 99?

JT The Brick,

This man laughs at San Antonio on a daily basis, and when ever we want to talk about what JT said on the ticket? they cut us off the radio.

you guys need to make up your minds do you like JT or not? stop kissing his ass if you don't.

The Thompson Brothers,

theres two reasons not to go right there. Jason flips flops more than Manu and John kerry put together, do you ever listen to his show?

Didn't Jason just say when the Spurs were down 2-2 this was not thier year? he is just another T park with a radio show. And I have him on Tape saying bad things about JT and this website also. His brother Rob is cool and doesn't blame the refs after every loss like that tree hugger does.

and Walter Oh shit! Walter will be there? Dam Nigro! why not say so at first?... Nothing like spending time with a Knicks fan who hates websites also :lmao

JT's is 100% on the Spurs side,

you want me to bring a tape of him saying the Spurs suck and they are soft from last year? where do you get 100% ?

so let's show him some Spurs love.

that's your job as the Ticket Sports cheerleader. good luck

I hope to see you all there!

I find that very hard to believe? you want me there too?

I tell you what you bring $250.00 cash and I will bring my tapes to back what I just said about the cheesy Ticket radio..
Do we have a deal? :smokin

mouse
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm urging everyone to go out and meet JT..
He's not a homer and he had every right to call the Spurs out after that crappy peformance in game four. That was abyssmal Spurs basketball and we all know it.

Pssssssst! when your done swinging off JT's jock?
My offer stands for you also brah if you got the cash.

N.Y. Johnny
06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
In case you haven't noticed the Ticket sucks, And I have on tape them saying the the posters at Koris website are a bunch of losers living in there mothers basement with big L's on thier foreheads. and anyone who reads , or post here needs a life,

they don't give a rats ass about us and you know it. are you new to the ticket? where was you in 99?

This man laughs at San Antonio on a daily basis, and when ever we want to talk about what JT said on the ticket? they cut us off the radio.

you guys need to make up your minds do you like JT or not? stop kissing his ass if you don't.

theres two reasons not to go right there. Jason flips flops more than Manu and John kerry put together, do you ever listen to his show?

Didn't Jason just say when the Spurs were down 2-2 this was not thier year? he is just another T park with a radio show. And I have him on Tape saying bad things about JT and this website also. His brother Rob is cool and doesn't blame the refs after every loss like that tree hugger does.

Oh shit! Walter will be there? Dam Nigro! why not say so at first?... Nothing like spending time with a Knicks fan who hates websites also :lmao

you want me to bring a tape of him saying the Spurs suck and they are soft from last year? where do you get 100% ?

that's your job as the Ticket Sports cheerleader. good luck

I find that very hard to believe? you want me there too?

I tell you what you bring $250.00 cash and I will bring my tapes to back what I just said about the cheesy Ticket radio..
Do we have a deal? :smokin

:lmao
How can you not notice?

Inbred
06-20-2005, 06:43 PM
:lmao
How can you not notice?

^ Rack :lmao

SequSpur
06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh shit! Walter will be there? Dam Nigro! why not say so at first?... Nothing like spending time with a Knicks fan who hates websites also :lmao

Since your are the main representative from these so called websites and 99% of the time you act like a fool, I can see why.

Snickers
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Since your are the main representative from these so called websites and 99% of the time you act like a fool, I can see why.

There are at least 200 to 500 folks on SpursTalk at any given time, ask Peter kiss ass Burns how many are at WOAI and the ticket put together.

I don't see your oompa loompa ass at Grave and Dusters either, what's your excuse?

don't worry I have all night,, I am not going anywhere for awhile......

http://www.snickers.com/images/original_right.jpg

PeterBurns
06-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Anyway, it will be a good time.