PDA

View Full Version : Boo-hoo: Laker players want triangle offense back

CubanMustGo
03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7659740/los-angeles-lakers-players-concerns-coach-mike-brown-x-os

Brown's effect on the Lakers' defense has been undeniable, but sources say the team's ongoing struggles on the road -- with L.A. dropping to 6-14 away from Staples Center following a loss in Detroit and blowing a 21-point lead to the undisciplined Wizards -- have some veterans longing for a return to the trusty Triangle offense preferred by Brown's predecessor, Phil Jackson.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard recently reported that Kobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant) and Derek Fisher (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/246/derek-fisher) called a players-only meeting after a win against Portland on Feb. 21 to address concerns about Brown's style, as well as persistent trade rumors involving Pau Gasol (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/996/pau-gasol).
Sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com that multiple players have continued to meet privately since the initial team meeting to discuss running elements of the Triangle offense again.
" :cry :cry Learning new stuff is hard, I wanna go back to the triangle! :cry :cry". :lol

Giuseppe
03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
:rolleyes

lefty
03-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Faggots

WeNeedLength
03-08-2012, 11:15 AM
:lmao

Dale's favorite emoticon can only endure so much...

Fabbs
03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
:lmao

Dale's favorite emoticon can only endure so much...
The Parrot.

Laker and LakerFanBoi desperately needing refs to intervene.

ElNono
03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
How many steps until they want Phil Jackson back?

Stalin
03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
:rolleyes

sup dale, how you been, brah?

Giuseppe
03-08-2012, 12:56 PM
The Parrot.

Laker and LakerFanBoi desperately needing refs to intervene.

Only pussies & assholes claim the ref card.

baseline bum
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
LOL @ Laker fan acting like Mike Brown isn't one of the biggest problems with their team. How he can coach two all-star bigs to such shitty performances is unbelievable.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 01:21 PM
:lol everybody on this forum, including all the posters blaming Mike Brown, previously claiming that Lebron was the reason Mike Brown can't coach, because he prefers Iso ball..

pass1st
03-08-2012, 02:12 PM
We had a capable coach that was Phil's protege, but we went with a potato headed clown

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 02:32 PM
lol@spurfan thinking coaching is the root of this team's problems.:lol

Dunc n Dave
03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
We had a capable coach that was Phil's protege, but we went with a potato headed clown

That's just it, the Lakers wanted to wash their hands of everything and everyone Phil-related. Shaw had no chance because of the association with PJ.

Giuseppe
03-08-2012, 05:24 PM
That's just it, the Lakers wanted to wash their hands of everything and everyone Phil-related. Shaw had no chance because of the association with PJ.

It's common business practice after such a collapse.

TipsytheLurker
03-08-2012, 05:59 PM
When asked about how the Lakers could have lost on consecutive nights to teams with a combined record of 22-55, Bryant replied, "We've just got to play harder, with a little more energy to try and salvage this trip."

This guy might be the biggest moron to ever have played in the NBA. Play harder? More energy? Wheat a fucking embarrassment to the franchise.

Giuseppe
03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
This guy might be the biggest moron to ever have played in the NBA. Play harder? More energy? Wheat a fucking embarrassment to the franchise.

He told the truth, and that truth makes perfect sense.

DMC
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I don't blame them for wanting it back, and it's not because learning new stuff is hard. It's because the team was built with that offense in mind. Trying to hybrid another offense is counter-productive. Mike needs to either run the triangle or restructure the team for other styles.

DMC
03-08-2012, 09:15 PM
How many steps until they want Phil Jackson back?
- however many they've taken since he left. They wanted him to stay. No way you intentionally get rid of a coach who's had the success that Phil has, and think you are going somewhere.

Typical Phil though, they have one bad playoff series and he quits.

wanggi
03-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Laker players want triangle offense back

Kobe:I don't trust them. I can handle the game on my own.

I would launch 35 times or otherwise.