PDA

View Full Version : Amare v Bosh

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Since the same posters who were discussing this issue just a year ago are still around discussing various topics, I feel this was a good time to take a look back at the argument(s).

Would be interested in hearing a few posters opinions on this now. I was in the Bosh camp while most others seemed to like Amare.

After seeing them in their roles now with a good sample size what do people think?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-08-2012, 02:01 PM
I was thinking about this the other day :lol

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
:lol..this will end well..

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Anyone else? Goran has good takes lately, how does he feel?

hater
03-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I'll take any of these guys before those tools:
Gortat
Bogut
Gasol
Love
Griffin
Randolph
Gasol
Dwight

but if I had to both are very close. I'd take Trex neck cause he seems more team oriented

JamStone
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
They're both pussies. Bosh has adapted better to his role this season but I'm not convinced he'd be great if he was suddenly put back in a go-to role. They don't even ask him to defend. They just ask him to shoot long two point jumpers and get an occasional rebound. He's done well in that role.

Seems like Amare may have lost some athleticism. And he never tried to defend in the first place, or rebound for that matter.

I call it a wash. But if I have to choose I'd probably take Amare, but only because I think Bosh in a third option role is hardly indicative of how good he is. He's hitting his jumper so he seems to be playing well. Not sure what else he provides. But again, they're both pussies.

Findog
03-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Bosh easily now

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Disagree. He does defend much more than Amare. His value is evidenced by the win in ATL along with the losses with him out of the line up. He has done better in both roles than Amare (Bosh as the main guy was better than Amare & in a complimentary role in a less friendly offense between two high usage players has been more productive as well)

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 02:52 PM
I basically agree with what Jamstone says, only its a complete toss up with me. I'd be indifferent at this point.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't understand at all how Bosh was better as a main guy than Amare. Amare did way more as the main guy (like take a team to the conference finals).

mavs>spurs
03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
DPG just claiming victory while amare is on the decline for whatever reason, I haven't been able to figure that one out yet. When they were both #1s, and when the original discussion took place, it wasn't even close. And I agree with Goran and Jamstone, right now it's basically a wash I'm not too big a fan of the way either are playing right now.

JamStone
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Disagree. He does defend much more than Amare. His value is evidenced by the win in ATL along with the losses with him out of the line up. He has done better in both roles than Amare (Bosh as the main guy was better than Amare & in a complimentary role in a less friendly offense between two high usage players has been more productive as well)

Shrugs. I'm not that adamant about my opinion to really debate yours. Like I said, more than anything, I consider it basically a wash. To me, they're nearly identical players. Bosh is probably better defensively. Amare probably slightly better offensively. Both are jumpshooting bigs who don't provide much more of anything.

Put it to you this way, if you switch guys and put Amare on the Heat and Bosh on the Knicks, I think both teams are essentially the same.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Bosh easily now
What about Carl Landry?

Ace
03-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Bosh while not a great defender, does give effort. So I disagree with the Bosh doesn't defend argument. When Lebron and Wade sat out, he had a solid game as the go to guy. Admittedly I haven't seen much of Amare this year but from what I have seen, he appears to be giving poor effort. Bosh's rebounding still leaves much to be desired but I'd still go with him.

Stalin
03-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I don't understand at all how Bosh was better as a main guy than Amare. Amare did way more as the main guy (like take a team to the conference finals).

but did bosh have a 2 time mvp pg to spoon feed him, along with a chuck first ask questions later coach, not to mention he played for the lowly raps

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
but did bosh have a 2 time mvp pg to spoon feed him, along with a chuck first ask questions later coach, not to mention he played for the lowly raps
Nash wasn't playing at an MVP level in 2010. Amare was clearly the best player on that team.

As far the D'antoni part D'antoni has been the worst thing to happen to Amare's career, both in New York and Phoenix.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM
You could argue either way, about their status as a number one, but on this current Heat team, Bosh is easily the better fit IMO..

Bosh has evolved into an above average team defender, his effort has rarely been questioned..he's soft, at times, but he doesn't slack off..

Amare had been damaged by D'Antoni, and other potential factors, early on IMO..his defensive effort is pathetic, and it now appears that he no longer gives a fuck, for whatever reason..I don't question his desire to win, but being around people like D'Antoni, Nash, Sarver and old Shaq took it's toll IMO..

Would the outcome have played out differently if the circumstances were reversed?..possibly, but they weren't, and none of us have access to a magical simulator..

Rummpd
03-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Amare surely had a greater upside but per other posters his lack of defensive intensity and propensity for uneven play puts me in Bosh's corner. Bosh to his credit seems to concern about winning more and also seems to have more offensive range. Amare would hurt Miami in my opinion in a swap out.

hater
03-08-2012, 03:38 PM
btw, no, no neither is a go-to guy and neither should be close to max $

Pau Gasol was/is miles ahead of them and even he can't carry a team through a playoff series by himself

Zbo, Love those are go-to guys

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I said Bosh from the beginning but always maintained it was close. Certain people laughed at that but now seem to share my views...

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Amare has obviously declined since the original arguments took place. Bosh has been pretty much the same player the entire time.

cheguevara
03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Amare without Chandler next to him is a giant vagina. Then again, so is Dirk

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Amare without Chandler next to him is a giant vagina.
Um, Amare became a huge vagina with Chandler next to him.

That's the biggest problem is that he way too shitty defensively to play center but his offensive production goes down when he's playing next to a center who clogs the lane.

cheguevara
03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
I agree. He was always a pussy IMO

my point was that in that nice run the Knicks had, he looked good next to Chandler or at least his flaws were not obvious. last nite he was a huge vagina

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2012, 04:17 PM
bosh, and it's not close

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree. He was always a pussy IMO

my point was that in that nice run the Knicks had, he looked good next to Chandler or at least his flaws were not obvious. last nite he was a huge vagina
He hasn't looked good next to Chandler....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Honestly, while Amare has been brutal lately, I find Bosh has been fairly inconsistent.

I try to look at it this way.

Would the Heat be better with Amare instead of Bosh (I want to say yes because he is a better at the rim player than Bosh) as well as asking if the Knicks would be any better with Bosh as oppose to Amare (not so sure)

Chandler hurts Amare cuz he takes too much space where Amare needs to operate.

Bosh has had some very good games though, so it's def. closer than it was last time we had this discussion and I was taken to the tree of woe.

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't think the Heat would be better with Amare (unless he's really that unmotivated and would change his attitude on Miami).

On the flip side, New York wouldn't be any better with Bosh since they're a complete disaster. Neither Amare nor Bosh are anywhere near the star that team needs to turn things around.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 05:23 PM
:lolcheguevara's opinions and predictions..

cheguevara
03-08-2012, 05:26 PM
:lolcheguevara's opinions and predictions..

searching the net for pics of dicks :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
:lol predicting the Bulls would dominate Miami and the Thunder would dominate Dallas..

cheguevara
03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
:lol liking cocks on your monitor

JamStone
03-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Amare on the Heat would be interesting because you'd wonder if he would buy in defensively. Bosh is a better team defender, but I also think it's a product of his situation. The Heat have designated defenders in guys like Joel Anthony and Shane Battier and Haslem. From what I've seen and what I would guess, Bosh isn't exactly asked to help anchor the defense. The Heat being so good on defense is more of a product of their perimeter guys anyway with LeBron and Wade and Chalmers to a lesser extent getting in the passing lanes and creating turnovers. If Amare would be willing to buy in to the team defensive philosophy, I don't see much of a difference. And offensively, I think Amare could do what Bosh does. Plus, he's a slightly better offensive rebounder and if put in pick-and-roll situations, Amare could actually help their offense. Amare in pick-and-rolls with LeBron or Wade would have the potential of being pretty dynamic and explosive.

I do think Bosh has taken to his role pretty well. I guess I just think Amare could do what Bosh does. But it's certainly debatable. And I don't think Bosh would make the Knicks any better.

TDMVPDPOY
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
whats wrong with amare he regressed so much, maybe his taking the conservative passive role to limit his knees....

he use to have a good jumpshot that kept the defense guarding him, now all he does is basically what RJ does...run and up and down like a horse in equestrian prancing around in the wrong sport

DMC
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM
With James and Wade, Amare. Without, maybe Bosh. Amare is not a franchise player despite the hype in Phoenix under Mike D's system. Bosh is a pussy. He has his moments, but he's basically a pussy. Amare is an idiot, but James and Wade can get his confidence up high enough to have him doing some pretty decent damage in the paint.

Amare doesn't play defense but he's not been on a team that does. Put him in a system that focuses on the defensive end, he should be ok. Give him the idea that he can win a championship and I think he thrives. Bosh is just Bosh.

Hard call, probably end up in the same place either way.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Bosh's defense has improved dramatically..he's not just an "acceptable" defender anymore, he has become an asset, on that end of the court..

His defensive on/off court, these past 2 seasons, are 2nd on the team, only trailing Lebron..

The past 2 seasons, of all Heat units that played 20 minutes or more, Bosh is in 4 of the top 5 defensive lineups, regardless of teammates..

I don't believe Amare, after spending years under D'Antoni, could have the same motivation and understanding for playing team defense..