Rip-Hamilton32
03-08-2012, 04:06 PM
His reason is the team didnt fight for him to be on the alistar team hahah

rayjayjohnson
03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I'd take smooth in a heartbeat

Reck
03-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Is this league full of divas all of a sudden?

Dunc n Dave
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Teams will be lining up to get this guy.

mavsfan1000
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
He's got some LO syndrome in him. I hate these sensitive players. Man up.

Dunc n Dave
03-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Sensitive or not, teams will get into a bidding war over him.
Still at this point, I can't see Atlanta trading him unless someone makes an unbelievable offer. They still have antoher year on his contract to worry about trading him.

HarlemHeat37
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
He's their best player, but he obviously can't be the #1 on a contender..maybe not even a #2, tbh..

A lot of teams will/should show interest..

Boston, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando and Portland are playoff teams that could use him IMO..

Huey Freeman
03-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Times like this makes me wish Cuban didn't have a pipe dream trying to land Dwight Howard.

mavs>spurs
03-08-2012, 05:38 PM
jet back to atl along with LO, roddy, picks for smith tbh

Giuseppe
03-08-2012, 05:40 PM

Draggin' Dirk to it kickin' & screamin' will be cake work compared to draggin' Smith.

Huey Freeman
03-08-2012, 05:46 PM

That defiantly wont do it brah. There is nothing the Mavs can offer that will entice ATL to let go on Smith tbh.

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
I wonder if LA would do something centered around Smith+Teague for Pau?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 06:22 PM

:tu

JamStone
03-08-2012, 06:28 PM

At the beginning of the season, I suggested Pau for Smith and Hinrich, but several of the Lakers fans weren't interested. The Lakers would lose there size advantage, but they get younger and more athletic. Depending on what you value more and what you think would work better for the rest of the current roster, it would be an interesting trade off.

Giuseppe
03-08-2012, 06:29 PM

Pau is like a watermelon at Safeway, it's a crap shoot. Sometimes you get it home, slice it and it's sandy. And sometime you slice it and it's like shaved pussy, nice and juicy.

Gasol is sandy. And you know what else? Everybody knows it. And one more thing...it won't stop 'em from buying it.

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
At the beginning of the season, I suggested Pau for Smith and Hinrich, but several of the Lakers fans weren't interested. The Lakers would lose there size advantage, but they get younger and more athletic. Depending on what you value more and what you think would work better for the rest of the current roster, it would be an interesting trade off.

Would definitely be interesting, but I can see Josh thriving in an LA situation. Teague, while still raw and wildly inconsistent, would add much needed size and athleticism.

I guess it just depends on what LA can get done. I can see them really trying to swing for the fences (Dwight) but if all is fails falling back on something like this.

Although I don't think Pau really helps ATL all that much, I'm sure if ATL wanted to remain competitive Pau would be a pretty solid return.

JamStone
03-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Adding Teague would make it tougher for Atlanta to deal. But as for them adding Pau, I think it does make sense for them. When they get Horford back, they all of a sudden would arguably boast the best starting frontcourt duo (PF/C) in the Eastern Conference. And they still can slide Marvin Williams in at that starting SF spot. Gasol brings a lot of what Horford lacks, low post scoring ability and more size and length against some of the bigger centers.

Might not be as helpful this season (I can't remember if Horford is expected to come back this year or not), but going forward the next couple of seasons, I do think it would be a very good return and probably make them as good as any other Eastern Conference team after Chicago and Miami with the best chance to knock off either of those two teams come playoff time.

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 07:48 PM
It's doubtful Horford is back this season (possible though) but I agree. Pau helps them remain competitive. Their back court would be in shambles though.

Girasuck
03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd trade anyone on the Jazz roster for Smith minus Kanter and Burks.

Girasuck
03-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Millsap, Harris, and C.J. for Smith, Williams, and Hinrich. Get it done.

DPG21920
03-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Funny thing about Josh (even though he's been pretty special this year) is that he's such an enigma still. A lot of teams could gamble and pay off big on him or come up craps.

If the Spurs wanted to shake it up they could trade TP for Josh.

Lakers trade involving Pau.

Dallas: Odom+Roddy B - Saves ATL serious money & gets them a young asset

Boston: Rondo for Smith+Teague

Lots of interesting options possibly.

Halberto
03-08-2012, 09:04 PM
no source yet?

Baseline
03-08-2012, 11:26 PM
Why would the Hawks trade Teague? He's still cheap and he's their PG of the future?

No way the ATL trdes both Smoove and Teague for freaking Pau Gasol unless the ATL takes on Luke Walton's contract.

Wild Cobra Kai
03-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Smith's vagina is bleeding again?

Rip-Hamilton32
03-09-2012, 01:30 AM
the source was originally yahoo, but after i posted this and checked about half an hour later for the link the article was gone

JamStone
03-09-2012, 02:07 AM
Why would the Hawks trade Teague? He's still cheap and he's their PG of the future?

No way the ATL trdes both Smoove and Teague for freaking Pau Gasol unless the ATL takes on Luke Walton's contract.

Huh? Read that again in your head.

DJ Mbenga
03-09-2012, 03:53 AM
kg and 2 future first rounders sounds about right