PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official 2012 Buffalo Bills Thread***

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Buffalo experienced a resurgence last year that brought them to a surprising 6-10, just missing out on 3rd place in the AFC East. WR Stevie Johnson has signed a 5-year deal, and if he can stop his habit of costing the Bills a game every year he should continue to be a blossoming star.

As for the rest of the team, no significant changes have been made so far--continuing the franchise's commitment to excellence.

Buffalo's 2012 Opponents:

Home:

New England
N.Y. Jets
Miami
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Kansas City
St. Louis
Seattle

Away:

New England
N.Y. Jets
Miami
Indianapolis
Houston
Cleveland
San Francisco
Arizona

They had a slew of key injuries last year, but if they stay healthy they could possibly go 7-1 at home, and win roadies at Cleveland, Indy, and possibly AZ (if Peyton doesn't go there). The Bills have a chance to go 10-6!

Season Prediction: 5-11

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Bills could beat out Jets for 2nd in the division if they can stay healthy for once.

dirkdirkastan
03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Crickets...... where could all the Buffalo bills fans be for all the hope Ralph Wilson has bestowed upon this franchise and its fanbase for the last 8+ years? Until the Bills land themselves a Qb, they're destined for mediocrity.

And that my friend is the Deadly truth.

Tavaris Jackson
03-20-2012, 07:54 AM
I threw for 572 yards and 6 TDs last night with Fitz in Madden. Dude is a fucking monster.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Crickets...... where could all the Buffalo bills fans be for all the hope Ralph Wilson has bestowed upon this franchise and its fanbase for the last 8+ years? Until the Bills land themselves a Qb, they're destined for mediocrity.

And that my friend is the Deadly truth.

You had to edit that post twice for a Bills burn?:lol

I threw for 572 yards and 6 TDs last night with Fitz in Madden. Dude is a fucking monster.

:tu

Borosai
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Soup'r Bowl!

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Bills sign free agent DE Mark Anderson to 4-year deal. I believe he lead New England with 10 sacks last year, but could be wrong.

He joins a defensive line that includes DE Mario Williams and DT's Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus. I'm loving that Buffalo is back in the 4-3--they need to utilize the strengths our DT combo provides.

It's good to see the Bills are FINALLY addressing their pass rush issues. Our Defensive line could mask a lot of other defensive deficiencies. I love Nick Barnett as our ILB, but we definitely need help at our 2 OLB spots. Shawne Merriman had achilles problems last year and opted for surgery rather than continue to paly on it--so hopefully he comes back strong too--although I'm expecting NOTHING from him again. Anything from him would be a bonus. Kelvin Sheppard shows a lot of promise, but he's still pretty raw and played out of position last season. The new defensive scheme will play to his strengths too.

At Safety I love the combo of George Wilson and Jairus Byrd--not a highly-touted group, but more than adequate. At Corner, the Bills still need help despite drafting CB's with high picks seemingly every year. If Aaron Williams pans out that would help, but McGee's been pretty bad the last few years, Florence is meh, and McKelvin is absolute garbage. Hopefully the pass rush will make life easier on McGee and Florence.

Offensively, the Line was MUCH better than I've seen in years. If they can't resign Demetrius Bell then we're going to need help at LT. The interior line is underrated, and Center Eric Wood is a monster (hope he comes back full strength from injury). Other than that, a TE and #2 WR is a PRIORITY.

Recap the Bills needs:

WR
OLB
CB
TE
OT (maybe)

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
:loloh yeah, forgot about a young QB...definitely need one of those too. Fitz ultimately ain't the answer but there's no QBs in this class (other than Luck) who are worth trading up for right now.

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Just shelled out for season tix...can't wait to see that D-Line.

Please draft a WR first.

Goran Dragic
04-07-2012, 12:11 PM
season tix :lol? Do you live in Buffalo?

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
season tix :lol? Do you live in Buffalo?

nah, living in Maryland for the rest of the year. Gonna make the drive up each home game. I actually plan on seeing 10 bills games this year (@NYJ and @MIA too). I'm drinking the Kool-aid this year, especially if they draft a WR first:lol

Goran Dragic
04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Whereat in Maryland? Anywhere near Potomac?

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Whereat in Maryland? Anywhere near Potomac?

Nah, but I used to work in MoCo county when I was a Firefighter at Silver Spring....familiar with the area. I'm living on the Eastern Shore now. Work around Ocean City and also part-time up at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore.

Goran Dragic
04-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Rofl I used to go to Ocean City with my family every summer back in the day. Back when I was a beefy n!gga I could wolf down an ungodly amount of blue crabs.

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 12:32 PM
OC is good times between Memorial Day and Labor Day...just a summer long shitshow with pussy everywhere

dirkdirkastan
04-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, I didn't realize we had two Bills fans on this forum. I wonder where Ryan's from? Anyways DD, at 5 dollars/gal, I hope you're saving the pennies in your change jug. And don't forget to trek the extra 2.5 hours for the annual toronto game. All true Bills fans make the journey. And while you're here, don't forget to try our world class Buffalo wings. And always tune in to the post game wrap on WGR550.

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Oh, I didn't realize we had two Bills fans on this forum. I wonder where Ryan's from? Anyways DD, at 5 dollars/gal, I hope you're saving the pennies in your change jug. And don't forget to trek the extra 2.5 hours for the annual toronto game. All true Bills fans make the journey. And while you're here, don't forget to try our world class Buffalo wings. And always tune in to the post game wrap on WGR550.

U a duff's or anchor bar fan, b?

dirkdirkastan
04-07-2012, 05:24 PM
U a duff's or anchor bar fan, b?

Anchor bar by a nose DD with Buffalo Wild Wings a very close third. BWW's is only 5 miles from the stadium on Mckinley parkway just in case you get the munchies after the game.

DeadlyDynasty
04-07-2012, 10:00 PM
tbh only been to a BWW once in my life, and it was in Pittsburgh to watch Game 7 of the 2010 Finals. It was alright, but didn't amaze me. Duff's used to be my spot when I would go up to see games.

I'm sure I'll hit up all 3 at some point this season though. More looking forward to the tailgating grub at the Ralph. Roast beef on Wick and some Kielbasa. Buffalo sucks at football, but those scros know their grub.

dirkdirkastan
04-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes, tailgating is the best. I had season tickets a couple years back but gave them up because the team wasn't trying to be competitive. I was really hoping for a tank job in 2010 so we could land Cam and it looked promising for awhile, but after an 0-8 start, the Bills showed up over the final eight drawing a split and puting them out of contention. The Bills showed promise early in 2011 getting out to a 3-0 start that included a win against NE. The town was a buzz and everyone was talking playoffs :lol. Then the Ryan Fitzpatrick extention happened... Biggest mistake of the season!

Needless to say, feel free to bring a convoy of fans to the game with you because its a rarety to see them on local TV these days.

DeadlyDynasty
04-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Guards Chad Rinehart and Kraig Urbik signed their 1-year tenders. Rinehart is good depth and Urbik is solid at RG. I hope this means they don't consider DeCastro--taking an interior linemen in the Top 10 would be retarded anyways.

Unfortunately, it looks like Luke Kuechly has become the frontrunner for our #10 pick, but that would also be stupid. I've heard Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Stephan Gilmore's name being thrown around too. They need to let Kelvin Sheppard develop at ILB. He's got a potentially dominant front-4 in front of him and 2 good safeties behind him...draft Spence in the 3rd or 4th and you'd have him and Nick Barnett playing on either side of Sheppard--sounds pretty solid to me.

We definitely need help at CB, but the pass rush will mask some of their deficiencies, so reaching for Dre or Gilmore would also be a mistake. Just draft a WR.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Word on the skreet is that Buffalo's going to take Glenn or Martin if he falls to them. More neglect for the WR spot

DeadlyDynasty
05-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Bills cut CB Drayton Florence. Thought McGee would get the axe first, but this is still good as he's been torched the last 2 years. It also saves us 11 mil on the cap over the next 2 years. Hopefully the young guys step up.

DeadlyDynasty
05-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Bills signed Former Pitt TE Dorin Dickerson for a 3-day workout. This guy was a monster at the combine a couple years ago but for some reason has only been PS fodder since then. I guess Wanny put in a good word for him to Chan.

DeadlyDynasty
05-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Freddie Jackson got a 2-year extension. Dude was killing it before his injury last year, but he's also 30 y/o now, so this shortterm contract makes perfect sense. Hope Spiller ends up seeing more carries this year.

J.T.
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Andrew Luck gonna tap that ass Week 12 tbh

DeadlyDynasty
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
If we had Indy earlier in the season I'd be confident in a Bills win, but it's a road game in Week 12 and Luck should be hitting his stride by then.

DeadlyDynasty
05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Bills signed one of their 5th round picks--Tank Carder. Word is our 7th Rounder (John Potter) has signed too.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Dorin Dickerson officially signed with the Bills. The guy is a freakish athlete, but too small (225 lbs) to be a TE--or at least a traditional one. If he can play off the line or split wide then he could be a nice little asset to an offense that desperately needs receiving threats. If WR Marcus Easley is finally able to play he could be a big surprise for the O as well.

Our O-line is looking young, deep, and nasty. D-Line is looking pretty swole too. The secondary is young, but full of talent and promise.

At LB we are vastly unexperienced, but have a lot of youth there as well. Barnett will be solid as always, but Sheppard, Bradham, and Carder will all have to step up this year. Thankfully, LB is no longer as important as it used to be.

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2012, 11:31 PM
Bills offense looking pretty swole so far in training camp. The defensive line looks amazing too. T.J. Graham is fucking FAST, but he's not really shown anything more than his speed on go routes. Fitz and Stevie look great. Our CB's have had a rough couple days, but we'll see what happens tomorrow during the first pads practice.

If we could somehow pry Mike Wallace away from the Steelers I'd be in heaven.

gaKNOW!blee
07-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Pads go on tomorrow...I hope the Oline is ready for Mario and co.

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2012, 11:49 PM
True...i hope they figure out who's gonna be our starting LT early, though. Shuffling Glenn and Hairston in and out each day will start to become detrimental to the growth of the OL if they do this for weeks on end.

The D-line looks good so far, but we need KW and SM healthy for a change. This line could be ridiculous if healthy.

DeadlyDynasty
07-29-2012, 10:28 PM
David Nelson bruised his knee, but otherwise we've been pretty healthy through the first week.

TIMMYtoZO
07-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Buffalo is my darkhorse team in the AFC this year if they can stay healthy. IMO that d-line will be the 2nd best in the NFL behind the Giants.

DeadlyDynasty
07-29-2012, 11:39 PM
It'd be a distant 2nd but I'd take it:lol

Like you said, these niggas just need to stay healthy...

DeadlyDynasty
07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Apparently Marcus Easley and T.J. Graham killed it at camp last night. Definitely positive news.

Otoh, Gilmore and Glenn--our top 2 picks--had rough outings.

DPG21920
07-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Bills will under perform this year.

DeadlyDynasty
07-30-2012, 07:40 PM
^
wat a homo

gaKNOW!blee
07-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Apparently Marcus Easley and T.J. Graham killed it at camp last night. Definitely positive news.

Otoh, Gilmore and Glenn--our top 2 picks--had rough outings.

I read on wgr that Gilmore is off to a great start but I honestly don't know I haven't kept track of TC that much yet. I'm not sure how ready Glenn is to play NFL LT right now.

Easley could be our very poor mans version of victor Cruz this year. He could be the guy other NFL fans say who the hell is this guy?

DeadlyDynasty
07-30-2012, 08:45 PM
I read on wgr that Gilmore is off to a great start but I honestly don't know I haven't kept track of TC that much yet. I'm not sure how ready Glenn is to play NFL LT right now.

Easley could be our very poor mans version of victor Cruz this year. He could be the guy other NFL fans say who the hell is this guy?

Through minicamps and the first few days of TC, Gilmore was solid, but I've heard rumblings lately that he consistently makes the correct play/read, but still gets beat. He's young, so we'll give him time. The most encouraging thing is how physical he is with receivers, and he's a great tackler. Reminds you of Antoine Winfield, don't it?

As for Cordy Glenn, many projected him as an OG, so that might be his ultimate destination. The fact that he's struggling so far is no surprise though--especially since he's going against Mario, Mark Anderson, and Merriman in camp.:lol

I agree on Easley and we've talked about his importance before...we badly need a #2 WR to step up...if he does our offense has great potential.

gaKNOW!blee
07-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Easley is just such a beast it's hard for me to imagine him not being able to get open in this league.

I still worry about the lack of an athletic tight end as the rest of the league seems to be leaning towards that and we just have a red zone threat basically.

No more excuses though...if we win < 9 games the it's time to go draft a quarterback.

Through minicamps and the first few days of TC, Gilmore was solid, but I've heard rumblings lately that he consistently makes the correct play/read, but still gets beat. He's young, so we'll give him time. The most encouraging thing is how physical he is with receivers, and he's a great tackler. Reminds you of Antoine Winfield, don't it?

As for Cordy Glenn, many projected him as an OG, so that might be his ultimate destination. The fact that he's struggling so far is no surprise though--especially since he's going against Mario, Mark Anderson, and Merriman in camp.:lol

I agree on Easley and we've talked about his importance before...we badly need a #2 WR to step up...if he does our offense has great potential.

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 01:09 AM
D-Line continues to dominate in camp. Dareus and MW are destroying their counterparts, and Anderson looked great early on--but has sat out last couple days for minor groin strain.

The speed off the edges with MA and MW is going to be flat-out disgusting.

gaKNOW!blee
08-04-2012, 02:11 AM
Im really hoping merriman is healthy...

Can you imagine 3rd and 10 and you have shawne merriman, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel dareus and Mark Anderson racing to the Qb...even moats has speed off the edge. The potential is scary.

DontStopBelieving
08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
:lol bills
:lol overrated again
:lol gonna finish 4th in the afc east a 5th straight year
:lol qb nearly as shitty as mark sanchez
:lol moore/garrard >> fitz

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2012, 01:03 PM
:lol bills
:lol overrated again
:lol gonna finish 4th in the afc east a 5th straight year
:lol qb nearly as shitty as mark sanchez
:lol Dolphins
:lol not overrated because everyone knows they suck
:lol finished with the same record as the Bills last year and talking shit
:lol gonna finish 4th in the AFC east for years to come
:lol Tannehill 8th overall
:lol wasted picks on Pat White, Chad Henne and John Beck
:lol wasting another pick on a shit QB
:lol Stevie Johnson >>> Brian Hartline/OchoCinco
:lol thinking Moore/Garrard >> Fitz

DontStopBelieving
08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
:lol Finished 6-3 with 2 bill slaughters

DPG21920
08-04-2012, 01:16 PM
But everyone was hyping the Bills last year, not MIA.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2012, 01:33 PM
But everyone was hyping the Bills last year, not MIA.
People were hyping the Bills after they started 3-0 with a win against New England. They didn't enter last season with a ton of hype, they got the same hype any surprise team that starts 3-0 will get. In 2008 they started 4-0 and got tons of hype with Trent Edwards getting compared to Jim Kelly, the same thing happened last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2012, 01:41 PM
:lol Finished 6-3 with 2 bill slaughters
Kinda like in 2009 when the Panthers finished 4-1 with Matt Moore starting games that meant nothing :lol

Then the next year the Panthers were all, "We're gonna dominate this year with Matt Moore starting from the get go.....oh wait no we're not we're gonna finish with the worst record in the NFL" :lol

DPG21920
08-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm just kidding. I have no beef with the Bills. Hope they do well.

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 03:49 PM
People were hyping the Bills after they started 3-0 with a win against New England. They didn't enter last season with a ton of hype, they got the same hype any surprise team that starts 3-0 will get. In 2008 they started 4-0 and got tons of hype with Trent Edwards getting compared to Jim Kelly, the same thing happened last year.
Exactly. Everybody was predicting a 4-12 finish for them before the season started. I wasn't drinking the Kool-Aid after the 3-0 start (look up my posts).

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
lol drafting a Big 12 QB with the #8 pick.
lol Hartline is your best WR

DontStopBelieving
08-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Kinda like in 2009 when the Panthers finished 4-1 with Matt Moore starting games that meant nothing :lol

Then the next year the Panthers were all, "We're gonna dominate this year with Matt Moore starting from the get go.....oh wait no we're not we're gonna finish with the worst record in the NFL" :lol

I doubt Moore is even on the roster come opening day tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Huh? He's obviously making the team.

DontStopBelieving
08-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Huh? He's obviously making the team.

I'd imagine that the loser of Moore/Garrard would be traded for a late round pick ( Moore ) or cut altogether (Garrard).

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2012, 05:52 PM
If you truly believe that then their 6-3 finish is irrelevant since it was Matt Moore at QB during those 9 games.

DontStopBelieving
08-04-2012, 06:16 PM
If you truly believe that then their 6-3 finish is irrelevant since it was Matt Moore at QB during those 9 games.

How is it irrelevant if they had gotten BETTER at the QB position? I'd have to imagine that if Moore gets beat out by Garrard, it means that Garrard is probably the better fit at QB at this point..

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 06:24 PM
All teams keep 3 QBs on their active roster...Moore is the most familiar with his teammates, and definitely earned himself a roster spot. Garrard is a low-risk one-year rental, and Tannehill is supposedly their future (lol). Moore is definitely making the team, and might even be the favorite to start as of now.

DontStopBelieving
08-04-2012, 06:40 PM
All teams keep 3 QBs on their active roster...Moore is the most familiar with his teammates, and definitely earned himself a roster spot. Garrard is a low-risk one-year rental, and Tannehill is supposedly their future (lol). Moore is definitely making the team, and might even be the favorite to start as of now.

Miami's also high on Pat Devlin and am sure would love to get him on the 53 man roster to possibly be Tanny's future backup. Everything i've read from Miami camp is that Gararrd is outplaying moore by a decent margin and that even Tanny and Devlin have looked better(albeit against backups). Moore is certainly not the favorite to start but preseason hasnt even hit yet, so things may change of course..

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2012, 06:42 PM
How is it irrelevant if they had gotten BETTER at the QB position? I'd have to imagine that if Moore gets beat out by Garrard, it means that Garrard is probably the better fit at QB at this point..
Over their 6-3 stretch Moore's stats were:

142 for 232 (61% completion), 1791 yards, 15 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions.

Project that out over a 16 game season and it's 3184 yards, 27 touchdowns, 9 interceptions

:lmao if you think David fuckin Garrard is gonna have anything close to those passing stats

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Miami's also high on Pat Devlin and am sure would love to get him on the 53 man roster to possibly be Tanny's future backup. Everything i've read from Miami camp is that Gararrd is outplaying moore by a decent margin and that even Tanny and Devlin have looked better(albeit against backups). Moore is certainly not the favorite to start but preseason hasnt even hit yet, so things may change of course..
Regardless of who is picked to start, the chances of Miami getting the level of passing they got from Moore the last 9 games of the season are slim to none. David Garrard certainly isn't tossing up a 27 touchdown season anytime soon.

DeadlyDynasty
08-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Barring injuries, Devlin's ceiling this year is the Practice Squad.

DeadlyDynasty
08-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Goddamn what an embarrassment of a team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-09-2012, 07:39 PM
I like how ESPN has Washington's leading passer as Cedric Griffin the corner

gaKNOW!blee
08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Goddamn what an embarrassment of a team.

Lol I don't think that would be their actual gameplan in the regular season.

Yeah the defense gave up a td but that stuff happens. They were also rotating guys that entire drive.

As far as guys like thigpen and choice sucking...that will continue.

DeadlyDynasty
08-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Better effort tonight...D-line looked good and so did T.J. Graham. Tyler Thigpen is about as useful as AIDS.

gaKNOW!blee
08-18-2012, 07:58 AM
I thought the first 3 rookies looked good. Gilmore was great in press coverage except for when he let Simpson loose and he hurled Byrd.

Glenn has been improving technique wise...needs to get the penalties under control. No excuse for false starts.

And Graham is very fast.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
08-26-2012, 02:49 PM
We're forever mired in shit, with mediocrity as our ceiling. Only way out is to tank for Barkley.

DeadlyDynasty
09-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Thigpen and McGee are still on the team, along with a slew of other garbage. I hope Tank Carder makes it through waivers and back on our PS--I still like him.

We need WR's badly...not too many promising ones on the waiver wire though. Deon Butler and Deion Branch top the list, unfortunately

gaKNOW!blee
09-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Former players of Chan Gailey:

Calvin Johnson, Tyler Thigpen, Tashard Choice....

Guess who Bills fans get stuck with?

Edward
09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
So lets look at all the brilliant bits of wisdom from Dolphinfan in this thread:

Garrard hasn't played a snap in the NFL since 2010, and Moore had a historically bad preseason (and no, don't give me "the preseason doesn't matter when you're a veteran," he was fighting for the starting QB job and shat the bed. He had every reason to take it seriously.).

You better let him know since he's still on the roster with opening day only a few games away.

I'd imagine that the loser of Moore/Garrard would be traded for a late round pick ( Moore ) or cut altogether (Garrard).
What happens when the loser of Moore/Garrard is Moore/Garrard because they both suck :lol

You seem really high on a 3rd string QB who hasn't taken a snap in the NFL since 2010 :lol

I hope today's episode of "Really retarded Miami Dolphin fans" was fun for everybody!

DeadlyDynasty
09-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Miami's QB situation is going to be fun to watch, dets for sure. I wish Lamar Miller was someplace else--anywhere else. Waste of a pick with that crowded backfield, and the fact he'll be facing 8-9 man fronts every down.

Edward
09-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Ireland might be the worst GM in professional football. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing and he's been a disaster since the day he no longer had Parcells babysitting him.

DeadlyDynasty
09-09-2012, 12:01 PM
19-0...suck my cock, faggots

weebo
09-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Mario Williams 1 tackle :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
09-09-2012, 05:53 PM
18-1, faggots

Pelicans78
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
18-1, faggots

Since the Bills and Saints aren't going anywhere this season, who should we root for the rest of the way?

DeadlyDynasty
09-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Since the Bills and Saints aren't going anywhere this season, who should we root for the rest of the way?
At this point I'm rooting for Matt Barkley, so consider me a Chiefs fan this week:lol

Pelicans78
09-09-2012, 06:07 PM
At this point I'm rooting for Matt Barkley, so consider me a Chiefs fan this week:lol

I'm probably gonna jump on the Texans bandwagon.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
The Good: C.J. Spiller. We now have a player who will be the focal point of every defense we play this year, hopefully creating opportunities for our other scrubs. Marcell Dareus and Kyle Willimas manhandled the Chiefs offensive line all game. Mark Anderson's effort might not show up on the stat sheet, but he was in the right place all game--making or changing plays. Mario Williams faced some double teams during the day, but was "alright" overall, I guess...

The Bad: Chan Gailey's play-calling. You're gutting a team on the ground, yet on 3 separate occasions you come out pass-pass-pass? Unacceptable. 15 carries for C.J. Spiller is embarrassing--especially when he had 92 yds rushing in a shade over a quarter. I understand not giving him 25carries/game, but 20 rushes should be mandatory (30 touches all around).

The Ugly: Our secondary. Gilmore made strides today, but he's showing uncanny, McKelvin-like ability to be in the right place but still get the ball caught over him. Williams and the rest were bad as well. Our punt coverage has been heinous through 2 weeks, as well.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 12:50 PM
I lead the league in TD passes.:lol

gaKNOW!blee
09-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I lead the league in TD passes.:lol

Hey...when Stevie shakes Flowers out of his jock inside the redzone, please don't throw it at his feet.

My fantasy team thanks you.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Watch how you address the league-leader, brah. I'll throw it wherever I damn well please. Brett Favre gunslinger-mentality, with Stoney Case skills.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Cordy Glenn's getting lots of love from Peter King (and others):

Dr. Z Unsung Man in the Trenches of the Week

The award for the offensive lineman who was the biggest factor for his team in the weekend's games, named for my friend Paul Zimmerman, the longtime SI football writer struggling in New Jersey to recover from three strokes in November 2008. Zim, a former collegiate offensive lineman himself, loved watching offensive line play.

Cordy Glenn, T, Buffalo. C.J. Spiller followed up a 169-yard performance last week with a 123-yarder Sunday against Kansas City, becoming the first back since Jim Brown in 1963 to have an average of more than 10 yards per rush after two weeks of a season. Against K.C., Glenn had a key block on the opening touchdown, a short pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Scott Chandler, and a few minutes later sprung Spiller on his first touchdown run of the day, a five-yarder, with a crushing block. And on the third scoring drive by the Bills, Glenn made a block to help spring Spiller for 27. Not bad for the 41st pick in the draft, starting as a rookie at the toughest spot on the line.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/09/16/week-2/index.html#ixzz26jYak2l4

lol Mel Kiper saying he was going to end up at guard instead of tackle.

Dude has so much raw talent (and all the measurables) to be an elite LT in this league. The way he gets to the 2nd level and finishes play--in just 2 pro games, no less--makes me think he's got a very bright future.

:lolOur left side of the line is gonna be so fucking swole with Glenn and Levitre...not to mention we already have the 3rd best Center in the league in Eric Wood. Pears has a mean streak at RT and Urbik is decent enough at RG. We have nice depth with Hairston and Rinehart too.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-24-2012, 08:27 AM
The Good: Bills got a road win--something that you can't take for granted when you realize how awful this franchise has been on the road.

The defensive line showed their worth, garnering all 4 of the Bills sacks: 1.5 from Mario, Kyle Williams (1), Mark Anderson (1), and Marcell Dareus (0.5). Fitz also lead a key drive in the 4th quarter to put the game out of reach.

The Browns were credited with a team sack on a fumble in the 2nd quarter, but the ball just slipped out of RF's hands in the rainy weather and he was never actually touched. The Bills O-line has not given up any "real" sacks this year, and also opened holes for Tashard Choice (20 car, 91 yards). They are becoming a damn good o-line.

The Bad: C.J. Spiller's injury--it looked terrible when it happened and I thought "there's goes any reason to watch the team this year," but thankfully his collarbone is intact and he's only suspected to miss 1-2 weeks. He actually wants to play against the Pats this week, but that's probably not a good idea. Freddie should be back this week but either way, it'll be an uphill battle against a pissed off Patriots team.

The Ugly: Stephon Gilmore is still getting burned badly. Brady is going to torch his ass next week.

Even uglier, the Bills next 3 games:

NE
@SF
@AZ

If we can manage a 3-3 record by the time that mini-stretch is over, things'll be alright

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-24-2012, 08:39 AM
If Belichick is suspended next week the Bills definitely have a chance, especially if McFaggot is made interim head coach.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Another encouraging stat:

Bills are 5th in sacks and 14th against the run. Not great numbers, but they should improve as the year goes on. I'll take that through 3 games, even though the opponents haven't been great.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Pats are only favored by 3.5 this week, and the Bills are w/o Spiller.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Bills release Brian Moorman, who's been our punter (and easily our best player) since 2001. Thanks for sticking it out on this shithole team:tu

Bills re-sign FSU punter Shawn Powell, who is inconsistent but can boot the ball a mile.

Lincoln
09-25-2012, 03:08 PM
U from NY bro? Why you a bills fan lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Half my fam is from there. The other half is from D.C...I almost became a Skins fan

Lincoln
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah that's how I am, grew up in Dallas but dad and his side of the fam is from Virginia/dc so I got skins blood in me. They all moved to Denver tho and became skins/bronco fan

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Spiller and Jackson are both questionable/game-time decisions. The Pats say Gronk and Mankins are questionable too--but everyone assumes they'll play.