PDA

View Full Version : What team would you like to see Peyton Manning go to, and why?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Disclaimer: choose teams that have had their name mentioned....sure I would love him in Buffalo, but it's not happening.

Order of preference:

1. Washington - 2 meetings a year against lil bro. Wherever he goes, Wayne goes...teaming Moss and Wayne together for the first time since the 2000 Canes...throw in Hankerson and Manning's got U weapons a-plenty.:smokin

2. N.Y. Jets - 2 meetings a year vs. Brady. Rex and Manning together:lol

3. Houston - This team would be a juggernaut with him...they are a #2 WR away from being flawless, imo. Two chances at pummeling Indy every year is a bonus too.

4. Seattle - Young and talented team all-around, but are horrible at the QB position.

5. Arizona - Peyton +Dome + Fitz = highlight reel.

6. Miami - Fuck the Dolphins, although they probably have the best chance of getting him. Marshall put up big #'s with Matt Moore last year...just imagine what he'll do with Peyton.

shyne
03-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd like to see him in Houston but know it won't happen, I like Shaub but he makes dumb mistakes when the game is on the line Alot.

Spursfan092120
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
He ain't going to Washington. The Manning brothers are too close..he'll want to play against Eli as little as possible. I think it'll be Miami or Arizona. As for which team I want him to go to? I really don't care.

TIMMYtoZO
03-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Houston/Seattle and Arizona would be the smart choices.

:lol Miami would be a horrible choice because they are a cursed franchise. That team makes big moves and still fail (Ricky Williams, Brandon Marshall, Culpepper etc). Manning won't go to the Jets. He won't go to an average team with a loud mouth overrated fat ass coach. Washington would be an even worse decision.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Washington would not be the best situation, but for selfish reasons I'd love to see 3 U wr's reach the century mark:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Nevermind, looks like he just pulled out of the Wash sweepstakes already:lol

check

Go Jets now?

Spursfan092120
03-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Nevermind, looks like he just pulled out of the Wash sweepstakes already:lol

check

Go Jets now?

That could be a possibility..two Mannings in the Big Apple...makes for a great SI cover. But does he want to take the spotlight in NY away from his little brother?

Goran Dragic
03-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I'd be surprised if Eli is playing any kind of a factor in Peyton's decision of where he wants to go.

san antonio spurs
03-09-2012, 01:55 AM
KC would be a good fit.

great and young talent all around...

A good WR in Bowe to strech the field
A good TE in Moeki, and we all know Manning loves him some TE
A good defense
A good RB who's good at pass blocking and is very good catching it from the backfield
The OL can be improved, maybe Saturday?
A defensive minded coach who will let him take charge of the offense
A good GM who will surround him with good talent
A dedicated fan-base
A winnable division

The only cons for this scenario is that Manning would be facing twice a year SD who seems to own him.

JoeTait75
03-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Washington or Miami: both teams that need a QB and have the motivation to trade up with St. Louis and draft RGIII (I know, I know- lol black quarterbacks.)

manufan10
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Disclaimer: choose teams that have had their name mentioned....sure I would love him in Buffalo, but it's not happening.

:nope then he would take YOUR spot.. :lol

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but I'd think he'd be a great fit in San Francisco. Look how far they got with a crappy QB. They were a couple of plays away from playing in the SuperBowl. I think Peyton could push them over the top.

benefactor
03-09-2012, 11:59 AM
SF is my pick too.

Kirk Nowitzki
03-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Miami. I grew up a Dan Marino fan. It's the only way for it to feel any kind of right. I still feel like someone in my family died though.

Chris
03-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Miami. I grew up a Dan Marino fan. It's the only way for it to feel any kind of right. I still feel like someone in my family died though.

Emmit Smith played his last 2 years with Arizona. After all is said and done, it's a business and Manning is no longer an asset. He's a vinyl record, a VHS cassette tape. He belongs in San Fransisco, but he'll more than likely go to Seattle.

Blake
03-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm putting e-money on him signing with the Broncos.

Please Satan make it happen

ducks
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Report: Peyton Manning meeting with Broncos, then Cardinals and Dolphins

Chris
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Just because Peyton spoke with Elway? I think that's a smokescreen. Denver knows Tebowmania will sell plenty of tickets/jersies next season.

leemajors
03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Just because Peyton spoke with Elway? I think that's a smokescreen. Denver knows Tebowmania will sell plenty of tickets/jersies next season.

I think they would sell as many or more with Peyton under center, and even win more games!

William Hung
03-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I think they would sell as many or more with Peyton under center, and even win more games!

Yes, but at what cost. If you're bringing Peyton to Denver to groom Tebow and win a championship that's great, but what if Peyton doesn't deliver the goods. You've wasted a year(s) of experience for Tebow and you're down a cool 8-15 million depending on the numbers involved. Seattle makes more sense since it's not really a big gamble for them.

Giuseppe
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
This fuckin' hump will not work outPERIOD And Media just climbin' into the bed with him, lock, stock, and cock. Pays to be white and not Lebron James, eh?

tee, hee.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Cubby!

Fancy seeing you in the last good subforum of ST

Giuseppe
03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Cubby!

Fancy seeing you in the last good subforum of ST

This story has been making the rounds here on sports talk radio all day.

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm torn about Manning, tbh..

While I've grown attached to the idea of Tebow growing and potentially quieting the haters, I'm aware of the realistic chance that he'll never become a consistent passer..Manning would be tough to pass up, especially since Bronco fans, especially, have experienced the team being on the other end of Manning beatdowns, as much as any other team(the playoff series'..ugh)..

The other side is that there is still risk with Manning's return, and it may take a lot of money..which would hurt a team with cheap ownership, and a team that isn't a QB away from winning a Super Bowl(the Broncos are still far from a great defense, ignoring the false reputation they were given, due to a fluky stretch)..

The team hasn't had a reliable QB, since Elway, so that would be difficult to pass it up..

It would also be funny to see Dirk4Mvp cheering for the Broncos:lol..

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Donks would be great because there's an outside chance civil war could break out there between the Tebow Disciples and the Manning Clan.

Mugen
03-09-2012, 11:37 PM
As long as he isnt in the AFC West, I'm good.

Blake
03-19-2012, 10:56 AM

Yes!

Thank you Satan.