PDA

View Full Version : Cannot wait for discovery...

Yonivore
03-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Gloria Allred seeks Rush Limbaugh prosecution (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73829.html)

In a letter dated March 8, Allred, writing on behalf of the Women’s Equal Rights Legal Defense and Education Fund, requested that Palm Beach County State Attorney Michael McAuliffe probe whether the conservative radio personality had violated Section 836.04 of the Florida Statutes by calling Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke the two derogatory words.
The statute stipulates that anyone who “speaks of and concerning any woman, married or unmarried, falsely and maliciously imputing to her a want of chastity” is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree. Allred explained that the statute recently came to her attention as having never been repealed, and that it could very well apply to Limbaugh’s remarks as his show is broadcast from West Palm Beach.
Put aside that a prosecution under the statute would require proving that Ms Fluke is “chaste,” and therefore would expose her sexual life to scrutiny. I could be wrong, but it seems unlikely for a 30-year old birth control advocate, but hey, stranger things have happened. And in this day and age, who knows what “chastity” means.

Should be entertaining, though. I think Rush is hoping for a prosecution. Watching Ms. Fluke's counsel prove her chastity should be worth the price of admission.

:lmao

Yonivore
03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I know the President sometimes attends the Radio and Television Correspondents Association Dinner. I wonder if President Obama, out of respect for women and his daughters will decline to attend this year since Louis C.K. is hosting.

I also wonder if the President will ask the Super PAC, supporting his candidacy, to return the $1,000,000.00 to Comedian Bill Maher...out of respect for women and his daughters, of course.

spursncowboys
03-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Louis CK pulled out: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cts=1331339290669&ved=0CCkQqQIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2F8301-503544_162-57394556-503544%2Flouis-c.k-pulls-out-of-reporter-dinner-after-criticism%2F&ei=CaBaT4LqDamC2AXbyYnQDg&usg=AFQjCNEcfp4o3XA5ca98Ve0FKSp6KxuyuQ

DUNCANownsKOBE
03-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Just listened to Louis CK's comments about Sarah Palin's retarded baby for the first time
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yonivore
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
eh super pacs have to be not coordinated with official campaigns so how could the campaign make the super pac give back a donation?
No one said Obama could make them give back the money. He should ask them to give back the money. After all, how will he explain to Sasha and Malia? How will he be able to look them in the eye?

Perhaps he should call Bristol and Sarah Palin and apologize and sympathize because an entertainer used such harsh language about them. I mean, that was his reasoning for calling Ms. Fluke, right?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
No one said Obama could make them give back the money. He should ask them to give back the money. After all, how will he explain to Sasha and Malia? How will he be able to look them in the eye?

Perhaps he should call Bristol and Sarah Palin and apologize and sympathize because an entertainer used such harsh language about them. I mean, that was his reasoning for calling Ms. Fluke, right?

Somebody does not know how campaign finance laws work.

George Gervin's Afro
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM

He's winging it

Blake
03-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Not sure about the criminal case, but I think Fluke has a great civil case for slander and should absolutely sue the shit out of the fat bastard.

spursncowboys
03-09-2012, 08:40 PM

I guess apparently Bill Mahre doesn't since he said he is contributing to "Obama's super-PAC."

Blake
03-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I guess apparently Bill Mahre doesn't since he said he is contributing to "Obama's super-PAC."

smh

FuzzyLumpkins
03-09-2012, 09:30 PM

i am going to be nice and not tell you what i want to tell you.

The old campaign finance laws are still in place. They just just cannot be applied to private individuals or groups. They can however be applied to candidates and incumbents.

As soon as a candidate tries to influence the PAC, he can be construed as directing the PAC and he himself is culpable because the money from said PAC does not meet those laws criteria.

The moment Obama were to make that comment the GOP would be all over that claiming that he directs the PAC and thus he is breaking the law.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I guess apparently Bill Mahre doesn't since he said he is contributing to "Obama's super-PAC."Bill Maher knows exactly what he's doing.

And Rush can't run away from slutgate fast enough.

spursncowboys
03-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Without giving a shit less about what you type to me, I will ask a question. So you are saying that Obama can send administration officials to help raise money for Priorities USA but he cannot "request" them to send money back? Whatever all wise one. Keep sipping the kool-aid

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Without giving a shit less about what you type to me, I will ask a question. So you are saying that Obama can send administration officials to help raise money for Priorities USA but he cannot "request" them to send money back?You'll have to be more specific in your regurgitation.

clambake
03-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Without giving a shit less about what you type to me, I will ask a question. So you are saying that Obama can send administration officials to help raise money for Priorities USA but he cannot "request" them to send money back? Whatever all wise one. Keep sipping the kool-aid

america's finest?

this country is screwed.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-09-2012, 11:41 PM

What officials had what contact?

i guarantee you the party of Kenneth Lay and the Birthers would be all over that like white on rice. He would be breaking the law at that point.

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Seriously? So it didn't happen because the MSM didn't acknowledge it. How can they? Someone called a liberal girl a harsh name. Where would they find the time?

Yonivore
03-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Are you suggesting Obama can't express his wish not to benefit from a mysoginist's million dollars?

And, if he's going to call Fluke, because some entertainer suggested her demand for free contraception made her a slut, where are the phone calls to Bristol Palin and her mother?

He's the one that framed the circumstance, not me.

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 12:46 PM
This is why Obama shouldn't have gotten into it in the first place but he needed to get the ** EDIT patient protection and affordable care act EDIT** out of the papers. Its pathetic how easily the MSM was willing to do that.

Winehole23
03-10-2012, 12:51 PM
This is why Obama shouldn't have gotten into it in the first place but he needed to get the christian problem out of the papers. Its pathetic how easily the MSM was willing to do that.what Christian problem?

ChumpDumper
03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
what Christian problem?The Christian problem that was winning him women anyway before Rush put him over the top.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Seriously? So it didn't happen because the MSM didn't acknowledge it. How can they? Someone called a liberal girl a harsh name. Where would they find the time?

ioh so now every single news outlet in the country is coopting this coupled with all the paid GOP mouthpieces of the 'MSM.'

So exactly through what means do the LA Times, CBS, Des Moines Register, the Economist, National Review, CSM, CNN, Fox News, Foreing Affairs, USN&WR, Newsweek, MSNBC, NPR, Clearchannel spawn, et al collude to keep the public misinformed on hte president breaking the law publiclly.

Not to mention the GOP members themselves who would be calling for a special hearing immediately.

gmfb. Its stupid and you do a disservice to yourself by even giving that notion credence.

How about you try playing in the world as it is not how you want it to be. i understand you have been conditioned to take order and directions without question but show some fucking initiative.

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 06:01 PM
what christian problem?

fixed

FuzzyLumpkins
03-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Are you suggesting Obama can't express his wish not to benefit from a mysoginist's million dollars?

And, if he's going to call Fluke, because some entertainer suggested her demand for free contraception made her a slut, where are the phone calls to Bristol Palin and her mother?

He's the one that framed the circumstance, not me.

I am suggesting that if Obama publiclly starts giving directives to the SuperPAC or sends staff members to do so then there will be hell to pay.

Use your pea brain for a minute. Your preferred talking heads are having you ask the question why has he not done this. Now why the fuck would they aske that if he had already.

You guys are clueless on campaign finance rules.

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 06:02 PM
ioh so now every single news outlet in the country is coopting this coupled with all the paid GOP mouthpieces of the 'MSM.'

So exactly through what means do the LA Times, CBS, Des Moines Register, the Economist, National Review, CSM, CNN, Fox News, Foreing Affairs, USN&WR, Newsweek, MSNBC, NPR, Clearchannel spawn, et al collude to keep the public misinformed on hte president breaking the law publiclly.

Not to mention the GOP members themselves who would be calling for a special hearing immediately.

gmfb. Its stupid and you do a disservice to yourself by even giving that notion credence.

How about you try playing in the world as it is not how you want it to be. i understand you have been conditioned to take order and directions without question but show some fucking initiative.
So are you saying that Obama officials have not and will not go to Priority USA fundraisers because it is illegal?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-10-2012, 06:04 PM
So are you saying that Obama officials have not and will not go to Priority USA fundraisers because it is illegal?

link what you have or just shut up.

ChumpDumper
03-10-2012, 06:07 PM
fixed?

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 06:12 PM
link what you have or just shut up.

lol. You said it was against the law. You inferred that none of us here knew anything about campaign finance reform laws.

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Is that still the case or does your answer depend on the outcome of what Obama does? #goteam!

ChumpDumper
03-10-2012, 06:14 PM
lol. You said it was against the law. You inferred that none of us here knew anything about campaign finance reform laws.Well, I'll just assume you are lying.

spursncowboys
03-10-2012, 06:15 PM
The moment Obama were to make that comment the GOP would be all over that claiming that he directs the PAC and thus he is breaking the law.

I disagree with the idea that the gop will go after him. They probably will be wanting to do the same thing with their PAC's.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-10-2012, 11:49 PM
I disagree with the idea that the gop will go after him. They probably will be wanting to do the same thing with their PAC's.

Lol. Yeah the GOP wouldn't respond to something as blatant as that. And no i still don't think you understand campaign finance laws. If you would like i will link McCain-Feingold and the Citizen's United ruling and walk you through it.

they don't do the same thing with their PACs because the Demo's would be all over that as well. Thats how politics is handled nowadays. it would be grounds for impeachment. Yeha they wouldn't pursue that...

gmfb.

spursncowboys
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Sure go through the law and CU ruling. My point is Obama acknowledging he will work with Priority USA, and campaign with them and have his staff do the same-is that against the law?

ChumpDumper
03-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Sure go through the law and CU ruling. My point is Obama acknowledging he will work with Priority USA, and campaign with them and have his staff do the same-is that against the law?Is he?

What is your evidence of this?

RandomGuy
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Is he?

What is your evidence of this?

foxnews.com said it. It must be true.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Gloria Allred going after someone on a misdemeanor l:loll

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2011/836.04 :lmao
After this case I hope she takes on all rap groups that come through Florida

what an idiot.

Plus isn't that statute kinda sexist? I really don't care if it is. Just pointing out the stupidity in all of this :toast

GSH
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I am suggesting that if Obama publiclly starts giving directives to the SuperPAC or sends staff members to do so then there will be hell to pay.

Use your pea brain for a minute. Your preferred talking heads are having you ask the question why has he not done this. Now why the fuck would they aske that if he had already.

You guys are clueless on campaign finance rules.

Fuzzy is totally right this time. He's not allowed to even try to influence the super-pac. (Of course, if you believe that it doesn't happen, you might as well wait up for the tooth fairy - but that's another story.) Obama could, and should, speak out about some of the comments, and call out any political organization who accepts money from him. But that's not gonna happen.

The main point is that the same nasty things were said about Palin, Laura Ingrahm, and others, long before this Fluke woman. The same exact words, the same misogynistic intent. And the people faking moral outrage over Rush's comments said nothing. What's the old expression? "Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining"? These people don't give a shit about people who talk that way, or about women's rights or dignity. It's about getting Rush.

You don't like Rush - I get it. Just don't expect me to believe it's raining.