PDA

View Full Version : Redskins get No. 2 pick

ace3g
03-09-2012, 10:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7668243/source-washington-redskins-acquire-no-2-overall-pick-st-louis-rams

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-09-2012, 10:43 PM
:lmaoredskins gonna get rg3

JoeTait75
03-09-2012, 10:47 PM
I feel like I'm about to puke. But goddamn, three first-round picks? That's just insane. I don't ever remember a team giving up that many first-rounders to move up, let alone four spots.

shyne
03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
RG3 gonna skull fuck the cowboys twice a year.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
JT, take solace in the fact that Washington will crash and burn spectacularly now.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
And this is why the Redskins have one of the worst front offices in the NFL while the Giants have the best. Skins trade 3 first rounds along with this years 2nd rounder for 1 player. This is not how you win in the NFL. You don't piss away draft picks like that for 1 player. I am going to enjoy seeing RG3 running for his life against the Giants suffocating pass rush twice a year. :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
And this is why the Redskins have one of the worst front offices in the NFL while the Giants have the best. Skins trade 3 first rounds along with this years 2nd rounder for 1 player. This is not how you win in the NFL. You don't piss away draft picks like that for 1 player. I am going to enjoy seeing RG3 running for his life against the Giants suffocating pass rush twice a year. :lol

My nigga T-Z on fuckin point as always:toast

JoeTait75
03-09-2012, 10:57 PM
JT, take solace in the fact that Washington will crash and burn spectacularly now.

Well, they need to go all in for Matt Flynn now. They can't afford to run POS daddy's boy out there for another season.

Pelicans78
03-09-2012, 10:58 PM

Didn't the Giants piss away draft picks for Eli?

Pelicans78
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
I can understand why the Redskins did it. The way the league is now, its easy for a QB to succeed. There hasn't been too many busts in the 1st round since 2004. Plus, even the good QBs drafted in the 1st round have allowed their teams to be playoff contenders. I can see RGIII being at least a good QB in this league. It was a steep price, but could be worth it.

JoeTait75
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
If RGIII pans out I guarantee the Redskins won't regret this trade.

Pelicans78
03-09-2012, 11:04 PM

I agree. Even if he peaks as a good QB like Matt Ryan.

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2012, 11:07 PM

He won't. This is the Redskins for crying out loud. They don't know how to build a team. :lol

TIMMYtoZO
03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I agree. Even if he peaks as a good QB like Matt Ryan.

:lmao:lmao So a Matt Ryan level would be a win for the skins? Are you serious?

Pelicans78
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
:lmao:lmao So a Matt Ryan level would be a win for the skins? Are you serious?

Pretty much. They're just looking to being a competitive playoff team. They just want to start winning. They've been shitty for so long. Similar to what Ryan has done with the Falcons. Falcons had a shitty history before Ryan got there.

Pelicans78
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
I do agree that RG3 is in a bad situation with the Redskins.

Harry Callahan
03-09-2012, 11:25 PM
The Rams are laughing all the way to the draft room. This will be another Herschel Walker type trade for them. The Rams will dominate the draft the next three years and become a much better team than the Redskins over the next 4-5 years.

RGIII will be beaten down before the skins draft another quality offensive player. Griffin is a wonderful person and a great looking prospect. Way to much to give up for one prospect.

RGIII already has a torn ACL in his history and he will be running for his life as he learns the NFL. Washington is below average at the OL, WR, and RB and probably won't be able to fix that for at least two years. Too bad for RGIII. At least he will have a ton of money in the bank.

Little Danny Snyder might be good at business outside of football, but he has done nothing but make mistakes running that team. This is another mistake. I really like the player he will likely draft, but his future drafts have been gutted the next three years if the trade is 3 ones and this years 2 for the 2nd pick.

Washington will now have to overpay for free agents to make up for the lack of draft picks. That is a formula for disaster.

Pelicans78
03-09-2012, 11:31 PM
1st round picks are nice, but they don't make or break an entire draft. Good teams always draft well in later rounds.

If the Skins are smart, they won't start him right away. They should be patient and acquire more talent to surround him with, and let him learn on the sidelines before playing him.

Harry Callahan
03-09-2012, 11:43 PM
1st round picks are nice, but they don't make or break an entire draft. Good teams always draft well in later rounds.

If the Skins are smart, they won't start him right away. They should be patient and acquire more talent to surround him with, and let him learn on the sidelines before playing him.

Two problems here. The Redskins don't draft well in general and they are not smart as a front office. Without #1's in your draft, you lose flexibility in moving around and getting good players high in the draft to round out your team.

Overpaying for the pick is just not smart. The Washington FO will feel pressure from the success starved Foreskin fans to play Griffin before he is ready. I don't think Washington has enough on offense to help out RGIII at all. He will try to win the games with his legs and he is not built to take a bunch of hits. If Griffin is conservative with his running, he might have a chance but he can do great things by running. It will be tough for him not to take off and run when things break down.

I'm not sure Washington has one good wide receiver. I'm not a big Roy Helu fan (he's a fumbler and somewhat of a straight line runner. Their O-Line's top prospect (Trent Williams) is coming off an ACL tear. I think RGIII would benefit from a more established offense somewhere else.

slick'81
03-09-2012, 11:45 PM
only wsh would pull that off 3 firsts fckn insane

TIMMYtoZO
03-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Pretty much. They're just looking to being a competitive playoff team. They just want to start winning. They've been shitty for so long. Similar to what Ryan has done with the Falcons. Falcons had a shitty history before Ryan got there.

Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs and isn't even better than Tony Romo.

Pelicans78
03-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Ryan is 0-3 in the playoffs and isn't even better than Tony Romo.

But he's still brought the Falcons to the playoffs and made them competitive. Before he got there, the Falcons never had back-to-back winning seasons. Ever since Ryan was drafted, they've had a winning record in each of his first four season with 3 playoff appearances. The Redskins haven't done anything like that since Snyder has been the owner.

Spurs da champs
03-10-2012, 01:51 AM
But he's still brought the Falcons to the playoffs and made them competitive. Before he got there, the Falcons never had back-to-back winning seasons. Ever since Ryan was drafted, they've had a winning record in each of his first four season with 3 playoff appearances. The Redskins haven't done anything like that since Snyder has been the owner.

Losing 2 to 24 isn't competitive, Ryan blows the dude has lots of weapons & still failed to throw a touchdown. And I'm no redskin fan but Snyder is letting Bruce Allen run the team, so don't be so quick to discount the skins. :lol

crc21209
03-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Well fuck. Now the Cowboys are going to get raped by Eli, Vick, AND RGIII....in the same division! :td

Warlord23
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Is the Redskins FO on crack? 3 firsts and a second for a player that might end up struggling at the NFL level?

Hooks
03-10-2012, 07:46 AM
What a bunch of retards :rollin!

Year after year after year the Skins trade away their picks and try to build their team through big FA signings that wind up as busts. When will these idiots learn?

They should've used those picks to build their shitty offensive line. I really feel sorry for whatever QB goes there, their O-line is going to get them killed. RG3 would probably fit best as he is a very mobile guy.

If I were a fan I'd just stop watching them, I can't fathom the hate their fans have for their front office.

redskinfan
03-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Hello but they only gave up 2 first round picks they swapped this years, so basically 2 firsts and a second!!!

Magua
03-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants fans are celebrating:lol

TIMMYtoZO
03-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Hello but they only gave up 2 first round picks they swapped this years, so basically 2 firsts and a second!!!

No offensive line and no wideouts. The Redskins are going to have to resort to free agency to fix those holes which means overpaying for everyone. They have been down this road before, and they failed miserably. Skins will be lucky to avoid last place again in the division. :lol

redskinfan
03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
No offensive line and no wideouts. The Redskins are going to have to resort to free agency to fix those holes which means overpaying for everyone. They have been down this road before, and they failed miserably. Skins will be lucky to avoid last place again in the division. :lol

Maybe but they have gotten smarter since Bruce Allen took the GM position and Shanny became coach, I like the move and they have progressed past couple of years, just needed the QB and they are talking about bringing Jackson or Colston, got to believe they have their QB for the next decade which is more than the other divison foes can say!!

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Maybe but they have gotten smarter since Bruce Allen took the GM position and Shanny became coach, I like the move and they have progressed past couple of years, just needed the QB and they are talking about bringing Jackson or Colston, got to believe they have their QB for the next decade which is more than the other divison foes can say!!

lolwut? You have far and away the worst qb in the division with him (same as before).:lol

Warlord23
03-10-2012, 06:53 PM

You're just sugarcoating the turd your FO has served up. Look at it this way - if they didn't have a hard-on for RG3, they'd have had 4 picks to select serviceable players with (3 1st rounders and a second rounder). With the type of flaws the Redskins have, giving up 4 possible starters for a player who's not really a sure thing is a huge gamble.

vander
03-10-2012, 07:15 PM
thread title should be: 'Rams acquire 3 high first round picks and a second rounder for the 2nd pick"

who gives a crap about the hapless Redskins and their incompetent ways, the story here is the Rams, and their epic win.

Huey Freeman
03-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Real talk man I really wanted to see Griffin to succeed . :depressed
Shit dont look like its going to happen now playing for the deadskins.

Oh well :lmao, at least I can watch their franchise go under a little further.

LOL 3 first round picks :lmao

Magua
03-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Real talk man I really wanted to see Griffin to succeed . :depressed
Shit dont look like its going to happen now playing for the deadskins.

Oh well :lmao, at least I can watch their franchise go under a little further.

LOL 3 first round picks :lmao

Going to the Redskins is actually a blessing in disguise for him and the black man. Now once he inevitably fails everybody can just blame it on the Redskins:lol

Huey Freeman
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
The Redskins were the worse possible team for RG3 to get drafted to. I would say the Raiders would have been, but Al Davis is dead. Sucks for Redskins fans Dan Snyder is still alive and kicken.

Huey Freeman
03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Going to the Redskins is actually a blessing in disguise for him and the black man. Now once he inevitably fails everybody can just blame it on the Redskins:lol

He is going to fail. Sadly its his destiny now.

mojorizen7
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
thread title should be: 'Rams acquire 3 high first round picks and a second rounder for the 2nd pick"

who gives a crap about the hapless Redskins and their incompetent ways, the story here is the Rams, and their epic win.
:toast

Lincoln
04-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Lol

Ditty
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Lol
Great fucken trade:cry

dirk4mvp
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
ouch my knee etc

Creepn
04-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Nice bump Lincoln damn.

Lincoln
04-22-2013, 11:11 PM
:toast

Good luck, what pick is it?

mojorizen7
04-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Good luck, what pick is it?
So far the trade has directly netted Michael Brockers and Janoris Jenkins,both played very well last season as starters,also via trades using those picks we added running back Isaiah Pead and guard Rokevious Watkins. Pead got beat out by a 7th rd guy(Daryl Richardson who played well) and Rok showed up to camp out of shape and did nothing.

Its too early to fully grade the trade though. Two more first round picks left to make via Washington.

Whats the word on RG3SPN's knee? Resting? Rehabbing?

Chinook
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
The Falcons felt great about drafting Vick first overall for the first few years, too. It's way too early to know how good the trade was for either team. I think it's hard for it to be a loss for the Rams, though, as there was no way they'd've drafted Griffin.

Ditty
04-23-2013, 10:52 PM
One made the playoffs and the other team didn't.

One team has the Black Jesus and the other team has S:lolm B:loladf:lolrd.

Good luck to St. Louis trying to get past the 49ers and Seahawks :lmao

Lincoln
04-23-2013, 10:56 PM
So far the trade has directly netted Michael Brockers and Janoris Jenkins,both played very well last season as starters,also via trades using those picks we added running back Isaiah Pead and guard Rokevious Watkins. Pead got beat out by a 7th rd guy(Daryl Richardson who played well) and Rok showed up to camp out of shape and did nothing.

Its too early to fully grade the trade though. Two more first round picks left to make via Washington.

Whats the word on RG3SPN's knee? Resting? Rehabbing?
Word is he is field running now but hasn't started making football moves yet. Hopefully he learns to not n!gger around an slide more. He has the tools to be a great pocket passer with scrambling abilities a la Rodgers

Lincoln
04-23-2013, 10:56 PM

To be fair, the rams have built nothing but a shit offensive line and shit receivers around him. He looked great at OU...

Lincoln
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
If Shanny and co continue to draft well like they have been doing since 2010, the trade should work out. They've found nice pieces outside of the first round (AlMo, Helu, Rob Jackson, keenan Robinson, and hank off the top of my head)

Chinook
04-24-2013, 01:11 AM

All that's true. But I am saying that since the Rams weren't going to take Griffin (Bradford makes WAY too much money to give up on), it's hard for them to lose value. Their choices really were just to pick some non-quarterback and let the Vikings ransom off their pick or to trade back and get assets. So it's not so much Griffin they have to compare their draftees to as much as it is Richardson, Kalil and Blackmon, since those are the players they passed on by trading back initially.

mojorizen7
04-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Rams did just fine in the division last season vs those "powerhouse" teams. 4-1-1 to be exact.
2-1-1 vs SF & Seattle.

Its the rest of the schedule where the Rams need to man up and get better.

mojorizen7
04-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Word is he is field running now but hasn't started making football moves yet. Hopefully he learns to not n!gger around an slide more. He has the tools to be a great pocket passer with scrambling abilities a la Rodgers :toast
He's special,and already better than Bradford in every way except for experience and maybe accuracy. Griffin's ceiling is atmospherical. He'd better be better than special though, because Fisher/Snead are building a sleeping monster so far from that single pick.

I poke fun at any pro athlete who has ESPN so far up his ass that even the non-football-watching general public cant escape the hype,but Griffin is good for the game. Hope he comes back strong for ya'll.

MeloHype
02-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Lol

mojorizen7
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
ROUND 1

1 Houston
2 St. Louis from Washington
3 Jacksonville
4 Cleveland
5 Oakland
6 Atlanta
7 Tampa Bay
8 Minnesota
9 Buffalo
10 Detroit
11 Tennessee
12 New York Giants
13 St. Louis
14 Chicago
15 Pittsburgh
16 Baltimore** **subject to coin flip
17 Dallas** **subject to coin flip
18 New York Jets
19 Miami
20 Arizona
21 Green Bay
22 Philadelphia
23 Kansas City
24 Cincinnati
25 San Diego
26 Cleveland from Indianapolis
27 New Orleans
28 Carolina
29 New England
30 San Francisco
31 Denver
32 Seattle
----------------------------------------------------

Who wants the #2 pick this year? Cleveland for a QB? Atlanta for Clowney? Minnesota for a QB?

robinlopez.gif
02-14-2014, 12:54 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/589434_o.gif

HarlemHeat37
02-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Wow, those posts from Ditty are painful to read in hindsight:lol..

:lol RG3andOut..