PDA

View Full Version : Spurs really think they are going to do anything with this roster?

Basketball Power
03-09-2012, 11:05 PM
If true spurs want a high seed and quick exit from the playoffs then we have the perfect roster, if RC and Pop had a pair of balls they'd make a major move before the deadline

We beat shit teams like the Knicks and this board gets river walk parade plans ready, we play legit playoff teams and we lose at home

Manu and splitter are back, excuses need to stop

Beanzamillion21
03-09-2012, 11:07 PM
If true spurs want a high seed and quick exit from the playoffs then we have the perfect roster, if RC and Pop had a pair of balls they'd make a major move before the deadline

We beat shit teams like the Knicks and this board gets river walk parade plans ready, we play legit playoff teams and we lose at home

Our MVP wasn't playing tonight bro. Nuff said.

ElNono
03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
108 points should be enough to win, missing your 3rd best player or not, tbh

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah, they aren't going anywhere without Parker. What the hell are they thinking?

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
lol third best

DMC
03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Same roster they had after the win against Denver tbh. Why wait for a loss to point it out? It reeks of knee-jerk thread starting.

ElNono
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
lol third best

:lol

therealtruth
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Sometimes you have to make bold moves.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Sometimes you have to make bold moves.Like what?

100%duncan
03-09-2012, 11:22 PM

:lol

Capt Bringdown
03-09-2012, 11:29 PM
What are we going to do with this roster?
Put together a regular season that builds false hopes.

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
with or without parker, this team is just another overachieving regular season team with a first round exit...

fck playin for high seeds and stuck with that draft picks

therealtruth
03-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Like what?

Like getting rid of chronic playoff underachievers.

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Like getting rid of chronic playoff underachievers.So nothing actually bold.

Disappointing.

ulosturedge
03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
More cliff jumpers I see. Winning all those games without Manu wasn't gratifying enough huh. Did you think we were just going to do the same thing when Parker was subtracted from the game? What are we invincible lol? To be honest Mo Williams was on fire and Chris Paul wasn't fare behind him either. Can't win'em all. Yes we still have RJ and Bonner on our team lol. And yes they will keep getting torched the longer they are out there. Pop's gonna keep giving everyone burn through the season; it is what it is. Pop is not gonna go around benching people in the middle of the season and fuck with their confidence and mentality. Pop is a firm believer in team chemistry above all other things(you guys should all know that by now). Lets hope Kawhi and Splitter keep developing and the team keeps improving before the season ends. The proper people will get benched come playoff time. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. Either way you guys should just roll with it and enjoy the ride. This isn't 2000-2007. Those days are over. It's 2012. There is no silver bullet move that is all the sudden going to make us favorites..

JRHernandez88
03-10-2012, 12:01 PM
:sleep next...

pgardn
03-10-2012, 12:02 PM
This roster has just as good a chance to win a 4 game series in the West as any.

OKC still has Westbrook the hothead running point. He can be easily diverted. Look at what Tony did to him at the ATT. Any others...

This team can get better and has just a good a chance as any from what we have seen displayed by the entire West so far. Having stated what I think is the obvious, we have some real problems, but who does not in the West?

therealtruth
03-10-2012, 06:25 PM
This roster has just as good a chance to win a 4 game series in the West as any.

OKC still has Westbrook the hothead running point. He can be easily diverted. Look at what Tony did to him at the ATT. Any others...

This team can get better and has just a good a chance as any from what we have seen displayed by the entire West so far. Having stated what I think is the obvious, we have some real problems, but who does not in the West?

I think the blueprint has been set about how to beat the Spurs in a playoff series and I don't see anything changing because the Spurs have done nothing to address the problems. Their best hope is that the opposing coach isn't smart enough to attack their weaknesses.

BackHome
03-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I think that match up are going to be big in the post season. You are going to see a lot more teams do what the Grizz did last year and that is winning or loosing to get the team you think you can beat.

As far as our team it is not perfect but hell Miami didn't win last year and just look at what the Giants did this year in football.

I just want to see our team play smart and play hard and I want Pop and RC to bring Lobrek over next year and draft a good player this year. Give me a beer and I will be happy..:)

ThaBigFundamental21
03-10-2012, 10:22 PM
This is not news, keep harping on the same issue. Yes, the Spurs have no size, and won't be able to play and Defense until they get size. We need to 7 footers in the game at once. If Splitter plays with Tim, then you can throw Bonner and Blair out their together. There is no answer to our problem this season. Get over it. We can trade Parker, or Manu. Then we have no scoring. There is no fuckin answer. Or at least not an answer any of you want.

boutons_deux
03-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Matty, Blair, RJ in the playfoff rotation, the Spurs are fucked. No further than 2nd round.

InRareForm
03-10-2012, 10:43 PM
let's wait til manu gets 100%

Keepin' it real
03-11-2012, 12:33 AM

I think the Spurs are realists. They realize they're no longer a top-tier team because the player that made them a top-tier team, Tim Duncan, is way past his prime. Taking that into account, the Spurs have two primary options:

Blow up the team and rebuild, which would mean seeing one or more of Tim, Tony and Manu playing for other teams. I don't know if the Spurs could survive such a PR nightmare. I know that I personally don't want to see any of them play for another NBA team, although Parker is young enough that it could happen to him. Plus, if any of the Big Three remained, they would end their playing days on losing teams, which I'm sure none of them want.
Field an entertaining team that can rack up a lot of regular season wins, and then hope that -- against all odds -- the Spurs' three-point shooting comes through in the playoffs. This could take them on a miracle ride as far as the conference finals, and allow their aging stars to end their careers while the team is still competitive. Once Tim and Manu retire, all bets are off.

Maybe you're not old enough to remember what it was like to root for some of those losing Spurs teams of the '80s. I remember, and what we have now, although nowhere near as good as 1999, 2003, 2005 or 2007, is WAY better than 1984-1989, when the Spurs had six consecutive non-winning seasons.

underdawg
03-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Like what?

like signing solomon jones - he's been released by 2 teams, but didn't do too bad with NO against some decent teams (almost 6pts & 4reb in 17 min). The bold part is where pop gives him some minutes while the Spurs try and find a long term solution.

dbestpro
03-11-2012, 12:36 AM
The Spurs are not about trying to win a ring at this point, but rather limit revenue losses. A second round playoff will be considered a good success with the additional revenue. Trying to improve to go beyond that is too much a cash gamble.

Va Spur
03-11-2012, 01:16 AM
More cliff jumpers I see. Winning all those games without Manu wasn't gratifying enough huh. Did you think we were just going to do the same thing when Parker was subtracted from the game? What are we invincible lol? To be honest Mo Williams was on fire and Chris Paul wasn't fare behind him either. Can't win'em all. Yes we still have RJ and Bonner on our team lol. And yes they will keep getting torched the longer they are out there. Pop's gonna keep giving everyone burn through the season; it is what it is. Pop is not gonna go around benching people in the middle of the season and fuck with their confidence and mentality. Pop is a firm believer in team chemistry above all other things(you guys should all know that by now). Lets hope Kawhi and Splitter keep developing and the team keeps improving before the season ends. The proper people will get benched come playoff time. Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. Either way you guys should just roll with it and enjoy the ride. This isn't 2000-2007. Those days are over. It's 2012. There is no silver bullet move that is all the sudden going to make us favorites..

Some sanity in this post. We are still a top 5-7 team in this league with two of the big three past their prime. The FO has made some good moves (Neal, Leonard). Who knows what 2014 will look like-- but there are about 20 other NBA cities who would take watching this team over theirs now and into the future.

TDMVPDPOY
03-11-2012, 01:17 AM
hopefully we get matchup with some athletic team with scrub pgs who have a career series against us and kick the spurs out of the playoffs...

SpurNation
03-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Watching Matt Bonner in the Clippers game made me realize there's hope for the Spurs progressing far into the playoffs. :rolleyes

Keepin' it real
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
like signing solomon jones - he's been released by 2 teams, but didn't do too bad with NO against some decent teams (almost 6pts & 4reb in 17 min). The bold part is where pop gives him some minutes while the Spurs try and find a long term solution.

Solomon Jones? We'd be much better off signing Solomon Grundy.
http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/13/12/88/00/solomo11.jpg

hater
03-12-2012, 10:44 AM
the roster as it is constructed and administered has a good chance of reaching the 2nd round of the playoffs.

that's about it though. this team would get swept in the 2nd round.

DJB
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Championship teams don't allow teams to drop 120 in their house...

therealtruth
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Championship teams don't allow teams to drop 120 in their house...