PDA

View Full Version : Bucks going to listen to offers for Bogut

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Doesnt hurt for the FO to pick up the phone and make a call, only costs 20cents to make call....

ElNono
03-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Bonner for Bogut... do it RC!

ChumpDumper
03-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Quality story with link!

lmbebo
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm sure they have already. I'm sure the Bucks slammed the phone down when RC said "I got this guy you may know by the name of Rich..."

100%duncan
03-09-2012, 11:16 PM
bonner,blair,rj,anderson for bogut

Beanzamillion21
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM
bonner,blair,rj,anderson for bogut

Wow, no way! What are we now, the Knicks?:td

baseline bum
03-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Maybe they want Dick back?

TDMVPDPOY
03-09-2012, 11:22 PM
im certain the bucks also wants to get rid of jax, etc

that clown soya sauce PF, i think they are either rebuilding around him or also trading him....

i throw in our eurofarm players rights and draft picks, win now bitches

100%duncan
03-09-2012, 11:26 PM
RJ,bonner for sjax

timtonymanu
03-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm sure they have already. I'm sure the Bucks slammed the phone down when RC said "I got this guy you may know by the name of Rich..."

:lol Exactly.

therealtruth
03-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Where's Isaiah Thomas when you need him to get rid of some bad contracts?

underdawg
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
here's your trade:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7kkar7n

and you see if the t-wolves will swap blair & anderson for tolliver to replace Bonner's role:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=75lxd9r

DesignatedT
03-10-2012, 01:54 PM
here's your trade:

and you see if the t-wolves will swap blair & anderson for tolliver to replace Bonner's role:

lol

TJastal
03-10-2012, 02:07 PM
here's your trade:

Does this also somehow require the bucks' entire front office to undergo frontal lobotomies?

underdawg
03-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Does this also somehow require the bucks' entire front office to undergo frontal lobotomies?

come on - Parker's a MVP candidate, it's a known fact that Bonner would be making $10 mil per year if he'd just make his shots in the playoffs and the Bucks owe the Spurs for RJ (yes, by taking him back).

I don't understand how Spurs fans don't realize how good the Spurs players really are - this team had the #1 seed last year and that doesn't happen without really good players.

Dex
03-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Can we give them ducks?

angelbelow
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
If Bogut weren't so injury prone AND if our team was desperate for a center then this trade is worth a look. But as it stands, Bogut IS extremely injury prone and our center position is already filled by Duncan and Splitter.

DPG21920
03-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Not to mention the Spurs would have nothing (outside of Ginobili MAYBE) that they would want. Not only is Bogut injury prone but based on reports their asking price is very steep.

phxspurfan
03-10-2012, 10:36 PM
classic thread

Hoops Czar
03-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Isn't Bogut injured and possibly done for the season? Unfreakin believable.

Mal
03-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Why not any thread about signing Aaron Brooks. Those guys from china are coming back, right ?

Slippy
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Would love to see Bogut in a spurs uniform but it wouldn't make much sense if the way Splitter's being handled is anything to go by.

Splitter from last night's couldn't hit the pine till the second Q. Mat bonner and Bair saw court time much earlier or started. Our best defensive big can't get mins because Pop figured offense was the only way to beat the clips.

Like most other games this season including last night i hope POP notices how effective splitter is when defending the p'n'r. The couple of times he got switched on to Paul he was damn impressive. When the clips took it to the paint where Splitter was around they put up some soft shots. Again it was impressive , more-so because i couldn't remember the team getting any stops all game and the clips seemed intimidated by his presense.

Now remember Splitter couldn't get mins in the 1st. Unbelievable.

lefty
03-11-2012, 02:26 AM
RJ,bonner for sjax

Yes

therealtruth
03-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Would love to see Bogut in a spurs uniform but it wouldn't make much sense if the way Splitter's being handled is anything to go by.

Splitter from last night's couldn't hit the pine till the second Q. Mat bonner and Bair saw court time much earlier or started. Our best defensive big can't get mins because Pop figured offense was the only way to beat the clips.

Like most other games this season including last night i hope POP notices how effective splitter is when defending the p'n'r. The couple of times he got switched on to Paul he was damn impressive. When the clips took it to the paint where Splitter was around they put up some soft shots. Again it was impressive , more-so because i couldn't remember the team getting any stops all game and the clips seemed intimidated by his presense.

Now remember Splitter couldn't get mins in the 1st. Unbelievable.

The Spurs could actually play pretty good defense with a defensive gameplan based on TD and Splitter and staying at home on the perimeter. And it's not like the offense has to suffer. Look at Bynum and Gasol in LA. TD coexisted with Oberto, Mohammed, Nesterovic, and Robinson. It's just Pop's refusal to stop playing Bonner so much.

Slippy
03-11-2012, 03:38 AM
The Spurs could actually play pretty good defense with a defensive gameplan based on TD and Splitter and staying at home on the perimeter. And it's not like the offense has to suffer. Look at Bynum and Gasol in LA. TD coexisted with Oberto, Mohammed, Nesterovic, and Robinson. It's just Pop's refusal to stop playing Bonner so much.

Would of been great to see it atleast tried and tested but seeing how those two don't see court together at all now compared to earlier in the season. It aint gonna happen. Every season, Pop the coach is set in his ways and ideas. No doubt he convinced himself with the ready-made excuses of a compressed schedule and not enough practice time. Plus i remember reading a stat that showed TD and TS arn't very co-hesive when it comes to scoring even if it was a small sample size. Maybe Pop jumped on this like a lot of fans have. Forget growing pains when trying to intergrate a key role player into a line-up.

Best to wait till he's in desperate mode, panics like when we 2-1 down in the first round of the play-offs.

100%duncan
03-11-2012, 05:17 AM
doesn't matter if he's injury prone, if we want to win it this year (which they should cos this might be td's last) we should make a move for him so that we can have a much reliable front court come PO. And besides TD can still play at PF he's the GOAT at PF's right?

Hoops Czar
03-11-2012, 05:56 AM
doesn't matter if he's injury prone, if we want to win it this year (which they should cos this might be td's last) we should make a move for him so that we can have a much reliable front court come PO. And besides TD can still play at PF he's the GOAT at PF's right?

Bogut isn't due back until mid April at the earliest and the Bucks want Stephen Jackson to be included in any deal..... no thanks!

100%duncan
03-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Bogut isn't due back until mid April at the earliest and the Bucks want Stephen Jackson to be included in any deal..... no thanks!

sjax>rj

SpurNation
03-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Story...
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/bogut-at-crossroads-with-bucks-3q4gjco-142221245.html

Talking points of story...

The situation is complicated by Bogut's fractured left ankle, making it somewhat unlikely he could help another team yet this season.
And he is signed for two more years and $27 million, a lot of money for a team to risk on a player with Bogut's injury history.
But he is a talented big man, a shot blocker and intelligent defender.
The problem from the Bucks perspective is Bogut has been injured for much of the time since signing the deal....
...In the past four seasons he has played in 182 of a possible 293 games (including seven playoff games).Bogut
"I can't control those two things. I've rarely missed games for soft tissue injuries or lack of conditioning or being overweight. They were high-impact injuries."