PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Comic Book Jumbotron Intros....

texbumTHElife
06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Does anyone remember those sick ass comic book style intros the Spurs used on the jumbo tron last year with the new music? That was the sickest intro the Spurs have had since I have been a fan (15 years). Why oh why did we go back to the lame old same old crap.

Any chance there are any wallpapers of that floating around? I remember the cartoon-ized image of Duncan dunking was one fo the sickest ever.

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I remember the ones on the old jumbotron in the Arena! The most expensive one was for Zarko Paspalj and the dude never played! :lol

GopherSA
06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Umm...being a baseball fan (before - despite Spurs loyalty) first and foremost, I'm a big avoider of doing ANYTHING different once the team is on a roll.

I even sat in the exact same position for the last 45 seconds last night, refusing to move an inch in hopes that I'd avoid some bad karma.

LilMissSPURfect
06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
spurs come up with good intro stuff...leading right up to the

"y'all ready for this"

this song needs to be burned!

:depressed

GopherSA
06-20-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm still pulling for them to play "Back in Black."

texbumTHElife
06-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Umm...being a baseball fan (before - despite Spurs loyalty) first and foremost, I'm a big avoider of doing ANYTHING different once the team is on a roll.

I even sat in the exact same position for the last 45 seconds last night, refusing to move an inch in hopes that I'd avoid some bad karma.

Well I am not asking for a change mid series but the "ya'll ready for this" and weak intro themes on the jumbo tron need to be gone next season. Hell, Slomo could make a DOPE ass intro for the Spurs I bet.

SAtown
06-20-2005, 12:05 PM
I like the playoff intros this year, but I like the regular season intros a lot better. Right after the name the head coach of the other team, the lights go out and you hear a loud "BOOOOOOOOOOM." It always made me jump.

I think the music last year when they had the comic book style stuff was the theme to the movie "THE ROCK" (w/ Cage, Connery).

Willinsa
06-20-2005, 02:30 PM
You all ready for this sucks ass, whoever does the intros has to be reminded that we are no longer in 1993.

SAtown
06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
You all ready for this sucks ass, whoever does the intros has to be reminded that we are no longer in 1993.

I completely agree. They gotta do something else, something original. I do like the Undertaker music they play when introducing the other teams, though.
"I was ready for 'this' about 10 years ago. Enough already."