PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Front Office of the NBA: the case of the Charlotte Bobcats

Kerr
03-10-2012, 09:44 AM
From an NBA team that had S. Jackson, G. Wallace, T. Chandler, R. Felton to a HS squad with B. Bijombo, E. Najera and C. Maggette.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHA/2010.html

Why and how do you to that? :bang:bang

Their front office in my opinion tore apart a pretty cohesive team by trading 2 players in their prime (G Dub and Chandler) for nothing. Then shipped their best player to Milwaukee for a guy like Maggette. What's the point of these trades? All of them were on more or less reasonable contracts, I would have S. Jaxx instead of Maggette for the same money every day of the year! OK, they might not have wanted to give Jaxx and Dub 4-5yr extensions, but at the same time there was no other alternative available. Is is better to pay the same amout of money to guys like Najera and Carrol and be dead-last in the league? This is just hilarious stuff... :lmao

I can understand that by trading Felton they wanted to open up more playing time for Augustin, but again: a) every team should have 2 good PGs, b) a team run by a rookie PG is always going to struggle, c) Augustin isn't good enough to be a 30+ min PG yet.

Secondly, by trading away your "big names" (I'm not saying any of them were real A-list stars) you automatically lose the trust of your fans, who...as we all know...vote with their feet. Empty arenas = less revenue for the team. :married:

I could easily overlook the drafting of Kwame and Morrison/May, but by destroying a team like the 2009/10 Bobcats cements the status of MJ as the dead-worst FO guy in the history of basketball. At least for me.

Discuss.:lobt:

Longley
03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Great post. Couldn`t agree more.

Latarian Milton
03-10-2012, 09:59 AM
they tanking for picks so it's all understandable tbh, jordan's aim ain't just making the 2nd round but winning da NBA fucking championship

Kerr
03-10-2012, 10:03 AM
they tanking for picks so it's all understandable tbh, jordan's aim ain't just making the 2nd round but winning da NBA fucking championship

Biyombo's gonna deliver 5 of 'em so the Miami Heat can have some too.

Longley
03-10-2012, 10:14 AM

You gotta be kidding me?:wow

Leetonidas
03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Um...they're tanking? Do you really think that Chandler, Jackson, and Wallace are some kind of prime time trio? Their ceiling was 1st round exit every year and Jordan decided to say fuck that and rebuild from the ground up. Nothing wrong with what's he doing right now imo

Pelicans78
03-10-2012, 10:43 AM
That same nucleus got swept in the first round.

They didn't trade Felton. He left in FA.

They did trade Chandler away thinking he was injury prone.

That nucleus was not gonna contend. MJ had to blow it up.

Old School 44
03-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Jordan needs to hire a Spurs front office guy to take over GM duties.
He's getting closer to the worst, but I'd still have to give Isiah the top nod.

Giuseppe
03-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I hope after Kobe notches 2 more & puts Alcindor in that little mirror that states "Objects are closer than they appear." he takes up ownership and shows everybody where the bear shits in the buckwheat in yet another arena.

Leetonidas
03-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I hope after Kobe notches 2 more & puts Alcindor in that little mirror that states "Objects are closer than they appear." he takes up ownership and shows everybody where the bear shits in the buckwheat in yet another arena.

Then you'll have a new "favorite team" :lol

Giuseppe
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
^See, this why I can never have a serious conversation with you, Lee. You simply will not grow up.

Leetonidas
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Just trying to make you feel young Cubster

Giuseppe
03-10-2012, 11:28 AM
^It's the old lady's pet admonishment for me thru the decades.

tee, hee.