PDA

View Full Version : In fact. the spurs are just 8 games ahead of the 13th seed

Rapper
03-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Take a break to look at the standings in the west. there is so close and competitive. if any team in the west lose 3 -4 games in a row the standing would be changed immediately. the 3rd seed would be down to the 9th the way the 10th would also be up to the 4th. I definately hope that the spurs can maintain the 2nd place even the 1st to finish the regular season but honestly. everything is too early to be so sure. there are still 27 games to go hopefully the spurs can get into playoffs in a good condition and with a nice place.

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20120303/Img336579922.jpg

Wild Cobra Kai
03-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Second in the West is fine with me, and likely where SA will finish. OKC is even more fools gold than we are.

We're one of the more consistent, cohesive teams in the West, and I don't see anyone below us making a huge run. They all have their issues, many worse than ours.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Second in the West is fine with me, and likely where SA will finish. OKC is even more fools gold than we are.

We're one of the more consistent, cohesive teams in the West, and I don't see anyone below us making a huge run. They all have their issues, many worse than ours.

Do any of them have RJ, Bonner, or Blair getting major minutes?

DMC
03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
There are only 8 seeds. The rest are unseeded. Even Jeremy Lin knows that.

Seeding doesn't begin until the playoffs. Before that it's called "standings".

therealtruth
03-10-2012, 05:59 PM

The way the Spurs play in the regular season won't translate to the playoffs.

maverick1948
03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Spurs go 14-13 for the rest of the season, the record would be 40 - 26.

Denver 23 - 18 25 games left would have to go 18 - 7 to pass the Spurs for the 4th seed and HC advantage.
Houston 22 - 19 25 games left would have to go 19 -6

Dallas 23 -20 23 games left would have to go 18-5

I like our chances of a top 4 seed. Also, with these numbers, I see Timmy and Tony and Manu getting to sit for a couple of games late in the season.