PDA

View Full Version : Bud Light

IronMexican
03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Why do people drink this shit, brah? Any party you go to, this is guaranteed to be there. And when you ask someone if they like it, they will simply say they drink it cause it's always around.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 09:08 PM
It's cheap and a safe choice for any party, tailgate, etc. Everybody's indifferent to it.

Reck
03-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Probably because you see ads and commercials everywhere. Your brain is programmed to go for it.

Personally I think Bud light tastes a close second like Coors Light, Pure piss.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-10-2012, 09:13 PM
and it's one of the beers girls will drink...just pour it in a solo cup first. Girls will drink almost anything out of a red solo cup

Sense
03-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Because they don't know any better... and the TV tells them it's cool.

Reck
03-10-2012, 09:39 PM
water tastes good

Actually that would be a step up.

DMC
03-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Girls rarely buy their own drinks and so they don't usually give a shit what they are drinking. Older women ask for their drinks by name, insist on certain liquors (Jack and Coke, not rum and Coke) and if you are buying, they get two.

Ditty
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
As long as it isn't shitty Keystone, Lone Star, or Budweiser, then it's good.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I don't get how water-beer haters do tail gate style drinking with other alcohol. Stronger brew will give crazy dry mouth, and liquor will have you cashed out by three pm.

Bud light, and other water beer is perfect for building a nice buzz over the course of a day's drinking

IronMexican
03-11-2012, 01:45 AM
:lmao IronMexican becoming a beer elitist after drinking one Stone IPA.

Meh, not a beer elitist in the slightest. It just sort of made me think when me and some co-workers went to buy beer after work, and they talk about how they really aren't into bud light, but drink it and then they buy some bud light tall cans. Puzzled me.

MavDynasty
03-11-2012, 01:57 AM
eh bud light aint horrible but its nothing special, thats for sure. its just the "generic party beer" and people will drink it simply cause it aint keystone

keystone and natural BY FAR is the shittiest beer with coors light not too far behind.

prefer dos equis imo

mouse
03-11-2012, 02:04 AM
I don't get how water-beer haters do tail gate style drinking with other alcohol. Stronger brew will give crazy dry mouth, and liquor will have you cashed out by three pm.

Bud light, and other water beer is perfect for building a nice buzz over the course of a day's drinking

_____ ^ this vato gets it.

cantthinkofanything
03-11-2012, 02:09 AM
and it's one of the beers girls will drink...just pour it in a solo cup first. Girls will drink almost anything out of a red solo cup

true that. i knew these two girls that would poop and vomit in a cup and drink it

mouse
03-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Personally I think Bud light tastes like Pure piss.

As to 98% piss which taste better? And where would one find pure piss?

My guess would be if you drank piss from a Jogger who drinks 11 bottles of bottle water a day his piss would only be at a 67% rate of purity since 31% is water and 2% blood or unknown substance.

But piss from the local homeless guy who is asking for change at the local corner gas station he drinks 11 bottles of beer a day so his piss would be considered around 98% ....leaving 2% chicken broth from soup consumed at the shelter.

You want to get a buzz that makes you want to listen to ...

KySNoyhIgNQ

then dink ...

http://beer-taster.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/rolling_rock1.cbnftvw0xfcws4w0wggw8g0cw.6ylu316ao1 44c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

Spurminator
03-11-2012, 01:27 PM

Eh, just get real beer, drink a couple fewer of them, and mix in a couple waters.

These are my tailgate beers:

http://beeradvocate.com/im/beers/6518.jpghttp://www.cobizmag.com/images/uploads/photos/CoolStuff_MamasYellacan_lrg.jpg

Fpoonsie
03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
As to 98% piss which taste better? And where would one find pure piss?

My guess would be if you drank piss from a Jogger who drinks 11 bottles of bottle water a day his piss would only be at a 67% rate of purity since 31% is water and 2% blood or unknown substance.

But piss from the local homeless guy who is asking for change at the local corner gas station he drinks 11 bottles of beer a day so his piss would be considered around 98% ....leaving 2% chicken broth from soup consumed at the shelter.

You want to get a buzz that makes you want to listen to ...

KySNoyhIgNQ

then dink ...

http://beer-taster.com/wp-content/uploads/yapb_cache/rolling_rock1.cbnftvw0xfcws4w0wggw8g0cw.6ylu316ao1 44c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

...painfully unfunny.

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Natty Light>Bud/Coors/Miller

Tailgates you don't have to get plowed :lol Why not just get a 6 pack of what you normally like and do that. Why do you have to constantly be drinking or shitfaced lol?

I'll drink light beer on occasion, but if I have a choice obviously I'd rather have something else.

Tried a new local brew last night called Velvet Hammer (think it's local at least). 9% - interesting beer.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Tailgates you don't have to get plowed :lol

Pretty subjective take. For Bills fans it's a necessary lubricant.

leemajors
03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Nothing wrong with drinking a few yellowbellies on occasion. Sierra is canning their Pale Ale now though.

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
if i'm going to drink cheap shit beer than i'm going with the cheapest drinkable stuff you can get

lonestar tall boys mah friend

I'm not a poor man, k, thx.

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Change.

desflood
03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Ran out of Dos Equis last night. Will have to settle for screwdrivers now.

Spursfan092120
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Still my favorite...best on tap though.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/files.posterous.com/opencraftbeer/AVhUiRbOQFGzjM5Kt3jUtui6XcdQcJK0jByV1Y9AdnxvmiuB5y MUHcnZsYf5/ZiegenBock_Amber.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJFZAE65UYR T34AOQ&Expires=1331524624&Signature=L%2BdjdFe2dBKCh7PNd0OGbsVYwGY%3D

GoodOdor
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
sister wife.

dirk4mvp
03-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Probably cuz a 6 pack of tall boys are 5 dollars you douche.

mavs>spurs
03-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Spursfan90210's favorite beer would be bud light :lol

MavDynasty
03-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Crofl bud is as mainstream as it gets

Never understood the obsession with it

MavDynasty
03-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Crofl bud is as mainstream as it gets

Never understood the obsession with it

benefactor
03-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Sam's Octoberfest is still my favorite. Sucks that it's seasonal. Their Boston Lager has pretty much become my staple.

I agree that the Bud/Coors/Miller Light crowd just drinks it because it's popular. There's no way taste is actually a deciding factor.

Sense
03-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Sam's Octoberfest is still my favorite. Sucks that it's seasonal. Their Boston Lager has pretty much become my staple.

I agree that the Bud/Coors/Miller Light crowd just drinks it because it's popular. There's no way taste is actually a deciding factor.

I'd say Samuel Adams is the most popular of the unpopular.. I started there a few years ago, I don't think I'd buy it anymore knowing theres better beer out there. Personally, I don't like their Octoberfest,but we all have to start somewhere :toast

Fpoonsie
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Pranqster's my favorite. Delicious.

resistanze
03-12-2012, 10:50 AM
All I know is Miller Lite on tap was the worst beer I've ever had the displeasure of tasting.

monosylab1k
03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Yeah if you're gonna go with a watery piss beer, there's no point in spending extra money on a name brand like Bud Light or Coors or whatever. They all taste basically the same. Just get some Natty/Mickey's/Keystone/etc or my personal favorite, High Life.

I agree with the sentiment that there's a place for these kind of beers. I'll enjoy a nice Rogue Shakespeare Stout one night, then a High Life the next, depending on the mood or what type of place/event I'm at.

z0sa
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
what about bud light platinum?

leemajors
03-12-2012, 02:04 PM
what about bud light platinum?

I heard it tastes like straight Schlitz Malt Liquor, and overbearingly sweet.

AmericanPsycho
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I drink BL all the time and dont care what others think.

Goran Dragic
03-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Sam's Octoberfest is still my favorite.
ew :lol. By far the grossest beer I've ever tasted.

Drachen
03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
ew :lol. By far the grossest beer I've ever tasted.

make sure to try Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. Tastes like dirty feet smell.

Goran Dragic
03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't doubt it. Sam Adams in general is gross.

Muser
03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.sanmiguel.co.uk/images/agecheck-image.jpg
My favorite.

NewcastleKEG
03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
#1 Point Americans don't understand when it comes to food & liquids

There are distinct effects from eating food & liquids packed with hormones, chemicals & additives.

Specifically about beer. Americans don't realize there is a reason THAT beer costs dirt cheap. It's packed with shitty ass chemicals & cheap alcohol.

Compare
Drinking 3 Import Beers = Happy, giggly & light headed feeling
Drinking 4 American ''Light'' Beers = Drowsy & sloppy

It's a different drunk. Then consider you have to drink more of those Light beers to get the same buzzed feeling & you are constantly in & out of the bathroom. No wonder American parties always end in fights when people are drowsy & bitter drunk plus always in line for the bathroom

It's the same with cheap liquor. Drink a couple Albertson Vodka's vs acceptable vodka & you will see the difference in drunkenness & morning after feeling.

NewcastleKEG
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
My favorite grocery store 12 pack. I'm actually gonna grab one right now

http://definitiveale.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/sierra-nevada-estate-2009-poured.jpg

IronMexican
03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
tipsy with 4 light beers:lol

lightweight. About the only thing a beer like Bud Light is good for is keeping that level of drunk you are currently at.

NewcastleKEG
03-12-2012, 08:07 PM
tipsy with 4 light beers:lol

lightweight. About the only thing a beer like Bud Light is good for is keeping that level of drunk you are currently at.
Not only do all of those Light beers smell like alley gutter piss but it doesn't give you the same feeling.....NO JOKE. Are you people even smelling what you consume or just chugging it?

The ONLY ONLY ONLY place that Light beer should be consumed is a scorching 120+ hot Lake Havasu day on the water. THAT IS ALL.

Any other time someone is drinking Light beer, it is because they are ignorant to beer or poor. No other excuse. None.

It's the equivalent of someone buying a McDonalds $1 cheeseburger instead of In N Out Cheeseburger. Ignorance or $

You think you can smoke swag/dirt marijuana & get the same feeling as someone smoking medical pot. Nope

benefactor
03-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I'd say Samuel Adams is the most popular of the unpopular.. I started there a few years ago, I don't think I'd buy it anymore knowing theres better beer out there. Personally, I don't like their Octoberfest,but we all have to start somewhere :toast
I don't venture out much as far as beers go. If I find something I like I'll usually stick with it. Occasionally I'll try something on a recommendation but if I'm buying a 12 pack I'm going with what I know.

I agree that it has become more "popular" with all the marketing...but I was drinking it long before that.

benefactor
03-12-2012, 09:02 PM
make sure to try Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. Tastes like dirty feet smell.
I haven't cared for any of the other seasonal beers I have tried from Sam. Tried whatever their spring beer is the other night and it wasn't very good.

DMC
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I found a stout in Finland I really liked but they made it locally and don't sell it outside the country, something like "Lapin Kulta" or along those lines. Probably means dumb American pays 8 Euros for a store bought beer.

NewcastleKEG
03-12-2012, 10:13 PM
:lol

too funny. you act like it's 1989 and people don't know good expensive beer exists
I label & judge people based on what beer they drink

mavs>spurs
03-12-2012, 11:04 PM

We could have guessed, plain mustard Joe.

DMC
03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Great, now I had to open a Shiner Black Lager (it's what I have in the fridge).

mavs>spurs
03-12-2012, 11:40 PM
haven't drank shit in over 2 months tbh feelin pretty good if i must say. but if i were to pop a cap it would be good ole underrated/solid guinness extra stout.

Big Empty
03-13-2012, 12:00 AM
I ask myself the same question because i drink it all the time. I think its cause my taste buds are used to it since it was the first beer i ever started drinking. bad ass memories tied to drinking that beer so I think thats why i keep drinking it. Doesnt mean i never drink other beer or alcohol but 8 outtings outta 10 its Bud Light :)

NewcastleKEG
03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
What would you think of a guy ordering rolled tacos at a sit down restaurant?

You're that guy

cantthinkofanything
03-13-2012, 12:50 AM
I found a stout in Finland I really liked but they made it locally and don't sell it outside the country, something like "Lapin Kulta" or along those lines. Probably means dumb American pays 8 Euros for a store bought beer.

but at least you got to tell everyone you went to Finland

DMC
03-13-2012, 01:01 AM
but at least you got to tell everyone you went to Finland
I am an opportunist. I've been there several times. Wanna see some pics?

cantthinkofanything
03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
I am an opportunist. I've been there several times. Wanna see some pics?

sure

mouse
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
...painfully

That alone makes it a win!