View Full Version : Arizona and Denver top two spots for Peyton right now

Goran Dragic
03-11-2012, 10:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7672173/2012-free-agency-peyton-manning-favors-denver-broncos-arizona-cardinals-sources-say

I like the Cardinals' chances against Denver. Warm weather vs. cold weather, dome vs. cold stadium.

Both teams were 8-8 last year and the Cardinals finished 7-2 with a tough schedule. The Cardinals need to cut Kolb, Stewart Bradley and Levi Brown asap. If Reggie Wayne followed Peyton to AZ that would be fuckin perfect since they have a giant hole at #2 receiver opposite Fitz.

Fabbs
03-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I like Cards chances too and think AZ is a better fit. I hope he goes to Cards.

However, Manning also said to be big on staying in AFC where he already knows the defenses.

Goran Dragic
03-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I like Cards chances too and think AZ is a better fit. I hope he goes to Cards.

However, Manning also said to be big on staying in AFC where he already knows the defenses.
The AFC factor is why I think it's still a contest. Everything else seems to favor AZ.

I think a large factor will be which team will bring in other Colt players. Arizona only has like 3 million in cap room right now, they need to create enough room to Reggie Wayne can follow Peyton here and also enough room to retool their offensive line. Now that Dallas Clarke was cut Manning might also want him to follow wherever he goes.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
NewcastleKEG ain't gonna like da sound of det!

Like I said before, Peyton would get 11 dome games if he joined Arizona this year. With the Bronocs he'd only play in one (@ATL).

The Cards also played NYG last year, so in all likelihood he won't play against Eli until 2015 unless they meet in the playoffs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 11:06 AM
The AFC factor is why I think it's still a contest. Everything else seems to favor AZ.

I think a large factor will be which team will bring in other Colt players. Arizona only has like 3 million in cap room right now, they need to create enough room to Reggie Wayne can follow Peyton here and also enough room to retool their offensive line. Now that Dallas Clarke was cut Manning might also want him to follow wherever he goes.

Yeah, Clark>>over oft-injured Heap. Peyton with Wells, Clark, Wayne, and Fitz would be pretty swole.

Goran Dragic
03-11-2012, 11:09 AM
lol NewcastleCUCK

Goran Dragic
03-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah, Clark>>over oft-injured Heap. Peyton with Wells, Clark, Wayne, and Fitz would be pretty swole.
And Ryan Williams coming back from injury this year. They should find a way to keep Heap and also sign Clark, Jeff King is worthless in a pass heavy offense.

If they drafted DeCastro they could finally cut Deuce Lutui as well. Their offensive line is the one thing preventing that group from being the best offense in the NFL.

Trainwreck2100
03-11-2012, 11:35 AM
i dont want to hear any bitching from JewcanownsKobe when the beanwagoners jump on AZ dick if peyton goes there

benefactor
03-11-2012, 11:38 AM
If it's between these two, he's headed to the Cards.

pawe
03-11-2012, 11:41 AM
PM is checking out the training facility.
Gambo also tweeted that it may already be a done deal.
Dammit, anyone from the colts can come as long as Manning commits in the next few days.

Goran Dragic
03-11-2012, 11:49 AM
It's gonna be really interesting how much money Peyton wants (assuming he goes to AZ) knowing it's a team strapped for cap space that can use any relief he gives them.

Ideally they'll cut Kolb and he won't occupy that much more cap space than Kolb did. Wayne also at his age shouldn't cost very much.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 11:52 AM
And Ryan Williams coming back from injury this year. They should find a way to keep Heap and also sign Clark, Jeff King is worthless in a pass heavy offense.

If they drafted DeCastro they could finally cut Deuce Lutui as well. Their offensive line is the one thing preventing that group from being the best offense in the NFL.

Forgot about RW...Stephens-Howling is also a pretty good slash player out of the backfield--PM will maximize his talent. He'll fill a Darren Sproles-type role (obviously not as good, but you get the point).

As for the O-line, like I said before PM and his quick release can mask a lot of pass-blocking deficiencies. They aren't the best run-blockers either, but Beanie Wells had a good year last year despite injury issues, so it's adequate enough.

Think of how disciplined PM will have that line working too...all that crazy shit he does at the LOS will make those guys sharper, and I'm willing to bet they'll be one of the least penalized lines in the NFL next year if PM goes there.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Not to be a dick, but the Eagles fleeced the shit out of AZ:lol

2nd Rounder and DRC:lol

Goran Dragic
03-11-2012, 12:03 PM
The 2nd rounder bugs me more than DRC.

I glad to have that stupid n!gger off the team

TIMMYtoZO
03-11-2012, 01:39 PM
If Manning goes to Arizona, that will be the toughest challenge to the Giants dynasty next year. A healthy Peyton with Zona= Cards/Giants 2013 NFC Championship Game.

JMarkJohns
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
The Cardinals will get Manning, restructure Brown, cut or trade Kolb, cut a few others, sign Wayne and either Clark or another OL veteran, then draft all O-line and defense.

pawe
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Forgot about RW...Stephens-Howling is also a pretty good slash player out of the backfield--PM will maximize his talent. He'll fill a Darren Sproles-type role (obviously not as good, but you get the point).

Cards might still get back that 2nd rd pick if another team picks up howling. Too bad he lost his value in the team when the stupid 30yd kickoff was implemented and he cant return the ball anymore.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Cards might still get back that 2nd rd pick if another team picks up howling. Too bad he lost his value in the team when the stupid 30yd kickoff was implemented and he cant return the ball anymore.

He regained value in the Dallas game:lol

slick'81
03-11-2012, 05:24 PM
peyton wont leave zona

J.T.
03-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I almost would rather he go to Houston so I can shoot myself in the head, but only after laughing at 80% of the Cowboys fanbase that suddenly has an AFC mistress team in the same state.

JMarkJohns
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Peyton has officially left AZ, but plenty of chatter he's the Cardinals to lose.

benefactor
03-11-2012, 07:27 PM
JT...going unmasked for The Decision....

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
:lol Harlem and Dirk4mvp cheering for the same team..please, make it happen, tbh..

dirk4mvp
03-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I'd rather have my nuts castrated than watch Skip Bayless every morning talk about how Peyton and his godlike football talent is somehow going ooze off of his gigantic head and turn Tebow into the GOAT.

Peyt:loln + F:loltz + W:lolyne = nf:lol f:lolcked

Goran Dragic
03-12-2012, 09:20 AM
My nigga Early would become a beast slot receiver with Peyton at QB

Pelicans78
03-12-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm surprised he hasn't looked at Miami since they would field a good team around him, but Arizona has to be the team. Makes too much sense. Not sure why Denver would be a candidate. Kansas City makes more sense than Denver. I think he should consider Arizona, Miami, Seattle, and Kansas City.

pawe
03-12-2012, 10:39 AM
He didnt even agree to visits in KC and Seattle.

pawe
03-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Listened to Gambo on the radio and according to his very credible and trusted sources that Manning will sign Wed or Thurs with the Cardinals...Unless Bidwills screw it up. Only way they can screw it up is if they dont agree on getting Wayne and Clark on board.

Cards need a #2 WR and heap is often injured. I guess it comes down to how much the cap is how many players are needed to be cut.

Mugen
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Cardz would have that division locked up for the next 3 years tbh. Hope Peyton signs there asap.

JMarkJohns
03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Cardinals cutting Levi Brown. No significant loss and gain 15 million in CAP space. Now sign Manning before Saturday, cut or trade Kolb, sign Wayne/Clark and one or two veteran OL and draft a ton more.

ducks
03-12-2012, 05:00 PM
cutting brown means they think they got manning locked up

shyne
03-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Reports from Denver post that texans have called about manning

Mugen
03-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Bout time for Texans if true. Both Peyton and HOU would absolutely be retarded to not wanna make a deal happen. No brainer for both sides.

djohn2oo8
03-12-2012, 05:18 PM
The Peyton Manning recruitment saga continues to have its twists and turns.

The latest one has the Houston Texans inquiring about the free agent quarterback, making them one of six teams considered alive in the courtship, according to the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20156608/broncos-among-teams-talking-contract-peyton-manning), citing a source. That would mean a back seat or trade for Pro Bowl quarterback Matt Schaub, coming off a broken foot.

JMarkJohns
03-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Every significant Houston writer says Houston isn't in the sweepstakes, of their own choice, no matter what national or other local writers say.

It makes sense for Houston and Manning. Not sure why Houston isn't interested, but according to the writers who cover 'em, they aren't.

JMarkJohns
03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Starting with Brown and Kolb, with a few cuts and some contract restructuring, the Cardinals can be 35 million or so under the CAP, plenty enough to sign Manning/Wayne and/or Clark/O-Line veterans.

Factor in the draft picks and they'll be fine.

pawe
03-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Kolb, Stucky, Brown, Heap and Porter will be gone.
Restructure Fitz's or Dockett's contract.
Cap space solved.

djohn2oo8
03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Every significant Houston writer says Houston isn't in the sweepstakes, of their own choice, no matter what national or other local writers say.

It makes sense for Houston and Manning. Not sure why Houston isn't interested, but according to the writers who cover 'em, they aren't.

The main writer for Houston Chronicle is one of the least informed insider in the history of sports writing.Last year when we got J-Joseph and D-Manning, he said we would only be able to sign one and we signed both. Someone tweeted another writer about Mcclain being so adamant that Peyton isn't coming or visiting. Fact is, no one knows for sure because the Texans themselves have not come out against it. The Titans are interested, you can bet the Texans are now interested.

A Texans official told me a month ago that the team would inquire about Manning when the time came. Would be stupid not to take a look-see.
https://twitter.com/#!/JeromeSolomon/status/179318498214948864

18chronicles ‏ @18Chronicles
how come J McClain adamant "no way"? @JeromeSolomon / ...Would be stupid not to take a look-see.

Jerome Solomon ‏ @JeromeSolomon
@18Chronicles because that is what his sources are telling him. ]

Spurtacus
03-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Manning & Co. to the Texans = Super Bowl in 2013.

benefactor
03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Manning & Co. to the Texans = Super Bowl in 2013.
Indeed...that is...if he doesn't wind up like TJ Ford after his first hit of the season.

I'm still not on board with it. I know Rocket fan has visions of sugar plums dancing it their collective heads but I still worry about the money it will take to sign him(the Texas have some key players to re-sign sooner than later) and the risk going all in with Manning when this team is almost a contender as currently constructed.

Goran Dragic
03-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Kolb, Stucky, Brown, Heap and Porter will be gone.
Restructure Fitz's or Dockett's contract.
Cap space solved.
It woulda been great to give Campbell a long term extension so he didn't have a fat one year deal clogging up cap room this year

Stewart Bradley is another obvious cut, he barely played last year.

JMarkJohns
03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Cardinals can still negotiate a long-term extension with Campbell.

JMarkJohns
03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Miami heard they are out of the running?

Miami trades WR Marshall to Chicago for two 3rd-rounders.

Might give them some more CAP flexibility, but losing Marshall is a big hit to their offensive selling point unless they go after Wayne and Jackson.

pawe
03-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Miami heard they are out of the running?

Miami trades WR Marshall to Chicago for two 3rd-rounders.

Might give them some more CAP flexibility, but losing Marshall is a big hit to their offensive selling point unless they go after Wayne and Jackson.

Maybe they want to sign Manning's cronies...But, Garcon is already going to the Redskins.
They can still sign Wayne, Clark and Saturday. But they wont have a #1 WR.

Cards on the other hand is still 4M over the cap even after cutting Brown.
A few more cuts and restructure and they can probably sign Brown as a RT, get Wayne and Saturday. LT is still a problem, though.
Damn, good thing Im not a Cardinal staffer or I might have an aneurysm now.

JMarkJohns
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM
They are under the CAP according to all the sources I've seen, including NFL.com.

If they cut Bradley and Kolb, that's enough for Manning. In addition, if they can restructure a few deals, they'll have more than enough.

Goran Dragic
03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I didn't realize Saturday was also a free agent

I would LOVE for them to cut ties with that overrated fatass Seindlein and sign Saturday

JMarkJohns
03-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I didn't realize Saturday was also a free agent

I would LOVE for them to cut ties with that overrated fatass Seindlein and sign Saturday

Agreed. I was hoping they could trade him and sign Saturday, then bring in another veteran lineman, then draft another two, including one in the 1st.

Saturday with Wayne and/or Clark, why wouldn't Manning be comfortable?

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Can't believe I'm gonna have to cheer for Peyton Manning:lol..

Please, don't be Favre part 2, tbh..

benefactor
03-14-2012, 05:43 AM
From the big fish himself...the Texans are out of the Manning hunt.

Bob McNair says Texans not interested in Peyton Manning (http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/03/13/bob-mcnair-explains-why-texans-not-interested-in-peyton-manning/)

pawe
03-16-2012, 12:44 AM
We will see if the Cards will get Manning because Kolb will get his bonus tomorrow at 1pm AZ time.

In other Cards news, Levi Brown signs 5 yr deal with the Cards.
I am kind of thinking that Manning wont be a Cardinal since the Cards decided to keep Brown and if he's still gonna be a LT and Kolb is staying with the team with the team, we can assume the Cards will run the ball more now because Brown is good in run plays.

leemajors
03-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank You!! H8 Peyton… McNair Is a very smart business Man.. Never doubt the Heart of a Potential Champion. Go Texans!!!

Goran Dragic
03-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Can't believe they're bringing that lazy fat n!gger back

BUMP
03-16-2012, 10:44 AM
tbh I'm hearing all over Sportscenter that AZ is out and Denver and Tennessee are the only realistic choices left

manufan10
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Peyton is working out with the 49ers today..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a5f69/article/peyton-manning-reportedly-works-out-for-niners-harbaugh?campaign=Twitter_news

robino2001
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Peyton is working out with the 49ers today..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a5f69/article/peyton-manning-reportedly-works-out-for-niners-harbaugh?campaign=Twitter_news

Worked out Tuesday and felt good enough with him that they gave him a physical on Wednesday... As a Niner fan, I'm giddy with the news. If he wants to come - why not - can't be worse than Smith.

Axe Murderer
03-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Might as well hand the Niners the Superbowl next season if this happens

sa_butta
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Manning an Moss would be scary, but I still feel like he picks Tennessee.

sa_butta
03-16-2012, 03:32 PM
tbh I'm hearing all over Sportscenter that AZ is out and Denver and Tennessee are the only realistic choices left
Arizona just resigned Kolb, they are defintely out.

Trill Clinton
03-16-2012, 05:34 PM
he has a better supporting cast in Tennessee but for some reason I think he's going to pick Denver.

Bill_Brasky
03-16-2012, 07:01 PM
If Manning goes to San Fran, game over.

manufan10
03-16-2012, 07:15 PM
San Francisco has some better offensive weapons.. not sure what the allure of Denver could be..

TIMMYtoZO
03-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Peyton going to SF is too good to be true. He will be a Titan even though that is a shitty team. That is his home. Sucks it couldn't be Houston or Arizona.

fmedrano1977
03-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Leaning towards SF.