PDA

View Full Version : OKC turns down Harden/Ibaka for Howard deal

The Batman
03-11-2012, 04:29 PM
SI.com NBA writer Chris Mannix reports that the rumored deal for Dwight Howard (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/21602/dwight-howard) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/oklahoma-city-thunder) for both James Harden (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/71903/james-harden) and Serge Ibaka (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/51539/serge-ibaka) could provide teams a benchmark for what the Magic (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/teams/orlando-magic) want in return for their superstar center.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/oklahoma-city-thunder/2012/3/9/2857673/dwight-howard-trade-rumors-james-harden-and-serge-ibaka-too-much-for

InK
03-11-2012, 04:37 PM
If true this is beyond moronic from Presti, if true. Probably not

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 04:39 PM

This. If it's even true, Presti should be fired on the spot

jjktkk
03-11-2012, 04:39 PM

Your not looking into the money part of of it. OKC already has 2 big contracts in Durant, and Westbrook. Not every team can take on 3 max contracts like Miami.

Mal
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Perkins, Harden, Ibaka, Mohamed for Howard, Clark, Wafer. It works. Peaces needed for Durant for Championship.

Why on earth OKC throw this down. They wont win shit with Perkins, Westbrook. Ibaka and Harden are worthy, but if Howard, Durantula duo will kill every big 3.

TIMMYtoZO
03-11-2012, 04:44 PM
:lol OKC doesn't have enough salary to take Hedo back. Orlando would also have to take on 3 more years of Perkins contract.

Even if Perkins had 1-2 years left on it and OKC had enough salary for Hedo, Ibaka/Harden isn't even close to enough.

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 04:45 PM
If Dwight won't re-sign, it's silly.

Mal
03-11-2012, 04:46 PM
:lol OKC doesn't have enough salary to take Hedo back. Orlando would also have to take on 3 more years of Perkins contract.

Even if Perkins had 1-2 years left on it and OKC had enough salary for Hedo, Ibaka/Harden isn't even close to enough.

They cant take Hedo, but they give them huge talent boost. Harden and Ibaka are both great young players, on rookie scale. They could ship Perk elsewhere using 3rd team.

baseline bum
03-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Howard wouldn't re-sign there.

InK
03-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I dont think money played an issue with this decision assuming for a second all this really went down. If OKC declined this it had to do more with uncertainty of how Howard would react if things wouldnt have clicked straight off the bat. Its middle of march already and playoffs are just around the corner really. I can see how they wouldnt want to take the risk but i TOTALLY disagree with that line of thinking.

And Howard and Durant on max contracts are still underpayed for the value they bring. So if u can sing him for whatever, its a bargain. And u take a bargain like that any time of the week.

Mal
03-11-2012, 04:51 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7xflhyl

This works for every team. OKC will have pieces to win this year

TIMMYtoZO
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
They cant take Hedo, but they give them huge talent boost. Harden and Ibaka are both great young players, on rookie scale. They could ship Perk elsewhere using 3rd team.

Ibaka may be young, but what you see is what you can expect for the rest of his career....an overrated bigman who often gets out of defensive position to block shots. He can't even create his own shot and gets raped when he has to actually play defense. Bynum is a much much better option even though LA isn't landing him.

InK
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
If Dwight won't re-sign, it's silly.

What would u say the odds are that he wouldnt? Like ideal circumstances for OKC, they go to the finals and beat the Heat / or loose to them in a grueling series. Does he resign? And on other hand, less then ideal turn of events, and they loose to the Heat in a grueling series in the finals? Does he resign?

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think he re-signs there under any circumstance tbh...

TIMMYtoZO
03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Also, Dwight wants to be in a big city. LA,Brooklyn, and even Dallas are much much better choices than OKC. :lol

Mal
03-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Ibaka may be young, but what you see is what you can expect for the rest of his career....an overrated bigman who often gets out of defensive position to block shots. He can't even create his own shot and gets raped when he has to actually play defense. Bynum is a much much better option even though LA isn't landing him.

Find 3rd team to ship Perk, and take talent, picks. Harden is 20ppg material. Ibaka is 12,12,3 material.

Or maybe I want Durant, Howard together way too much :lol

InK
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Seriously? OKC has got a great young core of players, even if u take Harden and Ibaka out of the equation, kinda suprising you would say that really. I mean what more can Howard hope for then this. He gets more money staying in OKC in this scenario, and gets to play with a super talented players who were favorites to win the west even before he joined. And the team has got a great FO to boot. Like whats not to like about the thunder from the basketball perspective?

DPG21920
03-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Nothing is wrong from a basketball perspective.

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Howard would never get to touch the ball in OKC :lol

Reck
03-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Howard would never get to touch the ball in OKC :lol

Word.

Horrible fit for Howard.

DMC
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Howard would be best served with the Nets, because they would turn around in one season and he would get the credit for it. AJ would be the CoY and the Nets would be playoff contenders.

Spur_Fanatic
03-11-2012, 06:39 PM

This.

If Dwight gets a ring there this year, he has no further motivation to stay.

baseline bum
03-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Seriously? OKC has got a great young core of players, even if u take Harden and Ibaka out of the equation, kinda suprising you would say that really. I mean what more can Howard hope for then this. He gets more money staying in OKC in this scenario, and gets to play with a super talented players who were favorites to win the west even before he joined. And the team has got a great FO to boot. Like whats not to like about the thunder from the basketball perspective?

Shitty endorsement opportunities and what's he going to do for his social life: cook up meth in his trailer?

InK
03-11-2012, 07:07 PM
This.

If Dwight gets a ring there this year, he has no further motivation to stay.

I think he would face a media lynch if he decided to leave no matter how OKC would do in the playoffs. He would get called out out for not caring about competing and winning ( there is no way any team can offer a superior long term package in that respect), he couldnt pull out the i got to feel my family card ( no team could offer him more money then OKC), he would end up looking like a player who only cares about big market bucks. Just a really bad bad PR position to be in

InK
03-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Shitty endorsement opportunities and what's he going to do for his social life: cook up meth in his trailer?

After years of hanging around Disney characters that doesnt sound too bad. And if u dominate the league like that team would your looking at sponsors at a national level, and not local as much. Right? Unless u have unmarketable stars like the Spurs had.

Latarian Milton
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
young niggas content w/ what they have, making the 2nd rd or WCF satisfies them and they don't have no such appetite for da NBA fuckin championship. some teams are just NOT built to win ships despite how talented/stacked they look imho

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
After years of hanging around Disney characters that doesnt sound too bad.

Losing out on millions of dollars in endorsements sounds pretty bad.

Nick, the Nazi
03-11-2012, 08:47 PM
After years of hanging around Disney characters that doesnt sound too bad. And if u dominate the league like that team would your looking at sponsors at a national level, and not local as much. Right? Unless u have unmarketable stars like the Spurs had.

You still have to live in OKC.

DMC
03-11-2012, 08:53 PM
And they don't call it Mobilehoma for nothing.

100%duncan
03-12-2012, 05:17 AM
fire presti now