PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum..

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Where does he rank among big men, in the NBA?..

He's #1 on his team in both offensive and defensive ratings, he's #1 on his team in WS/48, he's easily #1 on his team in WP/48..he's by far the most efficient player on his team..

He's dropping 17/13 and 2 blocks per game, on relatively limited touches..

Where does he rank among bigs, and is he now the best player on the Lakers?..

It should be noted that the #1 option on his team, currently has the 4th highest usage rate in modern NBA history(on poor efficiency, fyi), which limits Bynum's touches, obviously..

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 07:49 PM
He's the most valuable player to the Lakers right now for sure. He's w/o a doubt the 2nd best big and the Magic would be dumbasses not to trade for him, rather than the alternatives--Sideshow Bob, or nothing.

pass1st
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
2nd best big, that's not saying a lot, but easily 2nd best big

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Question for the OP: With all that info you provided, what do you think of Bynum's trade value now? Would the Magic be foolish not to get the 2nd best Center available, instead of trading for a guy who averages less rbs than Rajon Rondo?

thispego
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
He's the most valuable player to the Lakers right now for sure. He's w/o a doubt the 2nd best big and the Magic would be dumbasses not to trade for him, rather than the alternatives--Sideshow Bob, or nothing.

lol overvaluing the shit out of your fat, injury prone, immature center. Dude will be out of the league within 3 years.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
lol overvaluing the shit out of your fat, injury prone, immature center. Dude will be out of the league within 3 years.

lol trying to have a basketball take after the forum used you as a cumtrough in the club

Giuseppe
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
He's like Gasol, needs Bryant to babysit him. If Bryant had a war time consigliere like Genco he'd be 6-6 & 6-4 respectively.

MavDynasty
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM
lol trying to have a basketball take after the forum used you as a cumtrough in the club

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
He's like Gasol, needs Bryant to babysit him. If Bryant had a war time consigliere like Genco he'd be 6-6 & 6-4 respectively.

Pop gets Genco and I get you, Tom

Giuseppe
03-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Pop gets Genco and I get you, Tom

You can't beat the fuckin' thing. It was plastered all over the cable last weekend. Of course I have it on the shelf, but, uh, uh, I had to see it as presented, though I DVR'ed first.:rolleyes

Never, ever, ever, grows old. GD it---never. Ruthless human beings, but, one can't help but love 'em.

I like the way Caan bites his fist just before storming out for the last time.

---

"They shot Sonny on the causeway. He's dead."

"Look how they massacred my boy."

Ryan Fitzpatrick
03-11-2012, 08:30 PM
The montage at the end with the baby's baptism juxtaposed twixt the assassinations of the heads of the other families (and Moe Green) is still one of the best sequences/scenes in film history.

JJ Hickson
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM

:lmao Taco bell manager.

GoodOdor
03-11-2012, 08:56 PM
:lmao Taco bell manager.

Bro, please feel me in - last I checked mouthbreather was doing a minimum wage internship - how did he luck out into landing such an amazing position?

redzero
03-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Bro, please feel me in - last I checked mouthbreather was doing a minimum wage internship - how did he luck out into landing such an amazing position?

Go to The Club thread about a woman getting punched in the face.

GoodOdor
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM

Thank you sir.

LkrFan
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
It's hard to really gauge Bynum for two reasons:

1) Lakers don't have a legit PG
2) His health

Take D12 for instance. Nelson >>> Fish/Blake combined. Every time he begins to beast, he gets hurt. I remember in 2007 (pre Gasol), he had the Lakers in 1st in the WC, and he was killing it. Then he got hurt.

If he can stay healthy, and we get a legit PG, at least offensively, I would say he is the best big in the game. His defense has improved and he will always have what you can't teach: size. Give him a legit PG and he will produce 20/10/2+ every night.

Giuseppe
03-11-2012, 09:12 PM
The montage at the end with the baby's baptism juxtaposed twixt the assassinations of the heads of the other families (and Moe Green) is still one of the best sequences/scenes in film history.

Yep, and 2 is terrific as well as we see the old man at the start. He's instantly Americanized, spoiling his children and his wife from the get go, running from his homeland and the hard life & murder of his parents to the American dream.

Coppola turned a pulp novel into an American institution.

DMC
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Yep, and 2 is terrific as well as we see the old man at the start. He's instantly Americanized, spoiling his children and his wife from the get go, running from his homeland and the hard life & murder of his parents to the American dream.

Coppola turned a pulp novel into an American institution.

And there you are with your dick in your hand.

Gutter92
03-11-2012, 09:25 PM

That was the original topic, but it quickly evolved into a bukkake where, despite hemann's best efforts, pego was reduced to nothing more than a cumbucket

lefty
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I prefer Bynum's game to Dwight's

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't really understand why Lakerfan(mostly on LG) believes that getting a pass-first/legit PG will result in better shot selection for the team, and more touches for Bynum..

Getting a PG doesn't eliminate Kobe from the roster, IIRC..

His confidence and will played a large part in creating his legacy, in his prime, but it will play the same part in hurting his game, as an older player..

LkrFan
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
^HH - most bigs need to be assisted on their scores. A pass first PG will ensure that Bynum gets his touches (a positive), and takes the ball out of Kobe's hand (another positive). For at least 12 years, Kobe was the best passer on the team (I forget how many years he played with NVE). If Kobe had a legit PG, it would relieve him of being the primary ball handler and passer. Kobe isn't 21 no more, and still is leading the league in PPG, but more importantly, he is way up there in MPG. A legit PG lessens his load tremendously.

For Bynum, here's his numbers in March so far:

22.0 ppg on 68% FG
11.6 rpg
2.5 bpg

A true PG keeps that FG% high because he would constantly be fed. Today is a glimpse of what "could be" with Bynum. The Lakers have never gone to him in the clutch. They did tonight and he came through. I also read somewhere that he is 24/27 in the clutch. I presume that if he stays healthy, and we get a legit PG, it could be shades of Shaq/Kobe. Now before anybody go all half-cocked, I'm not saying he is the 2nd coming of Shaq. But with how weak the center position is, his numbers could be similar. The difference is he can hit his FTs in the 4th quarter (unlike Shaq).

HarlemHeat37
03-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Ideally, yes, but I don't believe Kobe would relinquish his touches..

Spur_Fanatic
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
He won't.

Lakers could have Rondo, Chris Paul, Parker and Nash, all right next to Kobe, and the ball would still be in Kobe's hands.

LkrFan
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Ideally, yes, but I don't believe Kobe would relinquish his touches..

That's silly. We could still have Kobe get his FGAs. The problem occurs when the bigs don't get consistent touches. Kobe and Pau are our best passers by far. All too often can we have the below scenario occur simultaneously:

a) Kobe is doubled or tripled on the perimeter (close to 3pt range).
b) Pau is roughed up and he wilts.
c) Meanwhile Bynum is zoned and
d) The "shooters" we have are ignored

Give us a PG that can penetrate and dish and I'm telling you, all of the above is for naught.

pgardn
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
He has worked hard on his offensive game. His moves are much more fluid. He still has trouble seeing the floor when doubled (hard to do when you are 7 two. And agility wise, he has the agility of what one would expect from a man this big, clumsy.

Howard is a far superior athlete but unlike Bynum he has not worked to become a consistent option with his back to the basket. On D, no comparison, Howard is miles and miles ahead.

Very interested to see how his knees hold up. Dont think they will.

Giuseppe
03-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Lakers could have Rondo, Chris Paul, Parker and Nash, all right next to Kobe, and the ball would still be in Kobe's hands.

That's how it got to be:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

NewcastleKEG
03-11-2012, 11:36 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Kevin Love
3. Blake Griffin
4. Zach Randolph
5. Andrew Bynum
6. Aldridge
7. Horford
8. Pau Gasol
9. Noah
10. Bogut
11. Nene
12. Bosh
13. Al Jefferson
14. Marc Gasol
15. Gortat
16. Hibbert

Black&Silver
03-11-2012, 11:46 PM
no way Zach Randolph is better than Bynum.

wanggi
03-11-2012, 11:58 PM
The Lakers win! Bravo!
They win because Cryant have only luanched 21 times tonight.

Giuseppe
03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
The Lakers win! Bravo!
They win because Cryant have only luanched 21 times tonight.

& his 21st launch put 'em ahead to stay.

tee, hee.

wanggi
03-12-2012, 06:31 AM
& his 21st launch put 'em ahead to stay.

tee, hee.

Damn ya cubby.

NewcastleKEG
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
no way Zach Randolph is better than Bynum.
Randolph vs Bynum
Horford vs Noah vs Pau
Bogut vs Nene vs Bosh

are the groupings for me. I gave Zach the edge over Bynum because of last years Playoff run & Pau/Kobe being better than Marc/Conley (Gay this year)

midnightpulp
03-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Going out on a limb and saying I'd rather have him than Howard. Bynum is actually a player you can build around, while Howard has second option status written all over him. If Howard's not surrounded by 3 point shooters to open up the inside for him, his offensive game looks about as good as Ian Mahinmi's. Furthermore, Howard's game (both on the offensive and defensive end) relies completely on athleticism. When Howard's athleticism goes south in a few years, what kind of player will he be?

On the other hand, Bynum, injury history aside, is pretty future proof. Since his game isn't dictated by how fast his muscles are twitching, he'll be an effective player past age 30.

Pelicans78
03-13-2012, 01:40 AM
Tyson Chandler is having a great season. He's stuck with Amare and Carmelo.

I think the Lakers would still be very good with Chandler and Gasol in the front court since they compliment each other. Not many players in this league are having as good as a season as Chandler.

jjktkk
03-13-2012, 01:47 AM
^HH - most bigs need to be assisted on their scores. A pass first PG will ensure that Bynum gets his touches (a positive), and takes the ball out of Kobe's hand (another positive). For at least 12 years, Kobe was the best passer on the team (I forget how many years he played with NVE). If Kobe had a legit PG, it would relieve him of being the primary ball handler and passer. Kobe isn't 21 no more, and still is leading the league in PPG, but more importantly, he is way up there in MPG. A legit PG lessens his load tremendously.

For Bynum, here's his numbers in March so far:

22.0 ppg on 68% FG
11.6 rpg
2.5 bpg

A true PG keeps that FG% high because he would constantly be fed. Today is a glimpse of what "could be" with Bynum. The Lakers have never gone to him in the clutch. They did tonight and he came through. I also read somewhere that he is 24/27 in the clutch. I presume that if he stays healthy, and we get a legit PG, it could be shades of Shaq/Kobe. Now before anybody go all half-cocked, I'm not saying he is the 2nd coming of Shaq. But with how weak the center position is, his numbers could be similar. The difference is he can hit his FTs in the 4th quarter (unlike Shaq).

A upgrade at the point would obviously help, but it still boils down to Kobe reducing his 1 on 5 tendencies and letting Bynum and Gasol dominate the paint, like they should be.

Pelicans78
03-13-2012, 01:48 AM
As long as Kobe is on the team, an upgrade at the point would make little difference.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 03:52 AM
letting Bynum and Gasol dominate the paint, like they should be.

Ain't nobody stopping them but themselves.

Baron Davιs
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
35 and 15 so far, tonight.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Bynum > Kobe, Love, Griffin..

Spur_Fanatic
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Easy. Bynum is the franchise future.

But Kobe will probably trade him away for Howard.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Fine. You stick with that one. I got:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

midnightpulp
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM

Easily. Especially the first player.

Giuseppe
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
^Oh, dem grapes. They be so sour.

muhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

pass1st
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
As long as Kobe is on the team, an upgrade at the point would make little difference.

We have zero defense there, it would be help a lot against teams like Bulls, Clips & OKC

LkrFan
03-13-2012, 10:15 PM
The Lakers all star center dropped 37/16 on another all star. This happened on the road. Wait till he gets his mitts on D12 when he comes to LA.

15/18 on the road is Shaq-esque.

Giuseppe
03-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Is it now a conclusion that Bynum is the best player on the team?..

:rolleyes

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 12:38 AM
^Crawl, motherfucker, crawl!!!!!!

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 12:39 AM
LA's best player by far.

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 12:39 AM
LA's best player by far.

midnightpulp
03-30-2012, 12:40 AM

Sorry, buddy. You shoot 42% from the field, you lose your "best player on the team" status.

I know you love that boy, but thems the facts.

Giuseppe
03-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry, buddy. You shoot 42% from the field, you lose your "best player on the team" status.

I know you love that boy, but thems the facts.

You simpleton, you.

endrity
03-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Is it now a conclusion that Bynum is the best player on the team?..

Yes! Yes it is. Most Laker fans seem to accept that, Kobe fans like Cully will never do that of course. He'd rather parrot his lines: tosb, rolling and blazing, and whatever...

I and others had written in the early months how dangerous it was for him to come out gunning like he did. I saw it last year vs the Mavs that he had nothing left physically. This year though it's happening even faster. He's shot only 40% in February.................. and 34% in March. Anybody else and his ass would be on the bench by now.