PDA

View Full Version : Rip slapping Bruce in the face

DarrinS
06-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Anyone see all chippy sequences beteen Bowen and Rip? At one point, Rip slapped Bowen in the face. Bowen just smiled and walked away. Pistons fans are always moaning about the refs, but they were calling a lot of ticky-tack and phantom fouls agains the Spurs last night.

johndraegerhhs
06-20-2005, 12:13 PM
yea man i saw that i was like damnnnnn

samikeyp
06-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I saw it.

easjer
06-20-2005, 12:15 PM
I thought things were called extremely fairly last night. Too physical for my taste, but very evenly.

However, on the Bruce/Rip theme, did anyone see Bruce completely call Rip out last night? He was asked what Rip was saying to him during the game. Bruce had said positive things about Rip and his game play, then went on to say that he couldn't repeat the things Rip has said, and that even though we can't hear what he's saying, people can read lips and that kids are watching. And that kids look up to them, and they should be more careful as role models what they say and how they act, because kids will copy their actions and words. And that some kid will go out for a pick up game and start talking trash and that people can get hurt.

It was one of the funniest things I ever seen. Bruce got him back for every jab Rip's made in the media by questioning the impact of his behavior on kids. I may not agree with Bruce, but I was lmao, because, damn. That was a slam.

Marcus Bryant
I liked it when LB went to Rip at the end of OT because Tony was on him. Tony standing his ground and harassing Rip into the miss while taking an elbow to the jaw was awesome.

LilMissSPURfect
does anyone know how to get an image of that or a gif?

thanks

travis2
06-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Anyone see all chippy sequences beteen Bowen and Rip? At one point, Rip slapped Bowen in the face. Bowen just smiled and walked away. Pistons fans are always moaning about the refs, but they were calling a lot of ticky-tack and phantom fouls agains the Spurs last night.

Rip didn't actually hit him...he faked the slap to yank Bruce's chain. He hasn't figured out that Bruce doesn't seem to have a chain to yank...:lol

spurster
06-20-2005, 12:22 PM
I liked it when LB went to Rip at the end of OT because Tony was on him. Tony standing his ground and harassing Rip into the miss while taking an elbow to the jaw was awesome.
Don't forget the play where TP's face fouled Chancey's elbow.

Taco
06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Anyone see all chippy sequences beteen Bowen and Rip? At one point, Rip slapped Bowen in the face. Bowen just smiled and walked away.

That was pretty Crappy move.

Did you see him try to talk trash to Bruce when he had the ball

Ripe is a punk

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Parker's become a solid defender, especially against guys who are reliant on quick moves. Billups is a tougher cover for him due to his upper body strength.

Putting Bowen on Billups and Parker on Hamilton at the end of the game was a great move on Pop's part.

TNT21
06-20-2005, 12:32 PM
How about that call where Chauncey had a 3 on 1 fastbreak and Horry was trying to get out of the way as to not foul him, then the whistle went off. I was like who the fuck fouled him?? I think all the games in Det have kinda been one way, either towards the Pistons or not at all!! Hopefully, some calls will go our way in San Antone. I don't know though, Stern might want a game 7!!

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2005, 12:35 PM
An offensive player will get a call when they make contact with a defender who is inside of the half-circle charge area on a break. TP got called for one, primarily because he had his back turned. It sucked, but you gotta be aware at all times of where the ball is...

constantstate
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM

they showed a montage during the game. bruce gave as good as he got. (he seems to be the only spur thats allowed to do that) i liked the offensive foul they called on him after he stuck an elbow out in rip's chest. it came at a bad time, and rip scored on the next play, but it drew attention to what he was doing... and i think it got to him.

Marklar MM
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
How about that call where Chauncey had a 3 on 1 fastbreak and Horry was trying to get out of the way as to not foul him, then the whistle went off. I was like who the fuck fouled him?? I think all the games in Det have kinda been one way, either towards the Pistons or not at all!! Hopefully, some calls will go our way in San Antone. I don't know though, Stern might want a game 7!!

Barry was in the game on that play I think. If it is the same play you are thinking of, Barry fouled him from behind..

ObiwanGinobili
06-20-2005, 01:36 PM
it seemed like rip and bruce were playing slappy-slap all night.
But were as bruce looked like he was having fun... rip looked more and more frustrated.
WTG bruce!!!
by time you get to the end and tony's guarding him.... Rip just looked desperate.

Dre_7
06-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Barry was in the game on that play I think. If it is the same play you are thinking of, Barry fouled him from behind..

Yeah you are right, it was Barry. I was pissed at first. I was like "Horry didnt even touch him!!!" But after watchin the replay I was like "Come on Barry, why did you foul him on a break away liked that!!!!"

ambchang
06-20-2005, 02:33 PM
How about that call where Chauncey had a 3 on 1 fastbreak and Horry was trying to get out of the way as to not foul him, then the whistle went off. I was like who the fuck fouled him

That's what I first thought in that play, but on the replay, you saw that Brent Barry fouled him.
But it's quite obvious that the refs called the first four games in favour of the home team, especially in the first few minutes. What happened afterwards is that road players are not allowed the same level of aggressiveness that they usually play at, ending in a string of 4 blowouts. In essence, the NBA made this a 3 game series, and are calling less bullshit calls in the last game (and hopefully the next two games). I don't want the Spurs win Game 6 on preferential treatment from the refs, like what they did to the Lakers in that infamous Sac game.

Rydia
06-20-2005, 03:27 PM
hahaha!! I saw Rip do that!! We were watching the game we always love watching Bruce terrorize players like Rip! I think he is such a loser for doing that. Pretty lame if you ask me. They should send him to the WNBA.

I wanna see Rip shoved to the ground hard. Horry did it once last night and it made me feel good. Little harder next time though....

Sense
06-20-2005, 03:30 PM

He did not slap him, lets make this clear...

He "tried to make him blink" he tried to intimidate him this way..

He "tried to poke him" in the face, but never did... Bowen just didn't react.

This is CLEARLY what I saw.... but then again I was drunk... however I'm pretty sure.